Thread: Computer problems after visiting pro-Arias sites? Report them here.

Computer problems after visiting pro-Arias sites? Report them here.

After clicking a link at JAII, some weird pop-ups came up, but not the place I thought it was taking me.
    Later when I restarted, I got the blue "dump file" screen and then it wanted to do system restore. I disconnected the power and then restarted in safe mode. It seems to be okay now.
    I have a fairly new PC running Windows 7, and I'm running an anti-virus. It seems to be okay now.

Others seems to be having problems, so why don't we keep a log here. Maybe some computer whiz can figure out if something's up.

I snuck on on a break at work on Friday. Shouldn't have. Monday, came in and whole server went down. We had to re-run all of our virus protection and upgrade to Trend Micro for protection. I am CONVINCED it was that site. I also went on my ipad and it wouldn't go into sleep mode. I had to turn it off, download the new update and I am never going to that site AGAIN!

If you're infested with malware, go to: www.bleepingcomputer.com

And open a topic in this forum after reading/following directions:
    Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs
    One of the last bastions of computer security warriors and healers. Bring your troubled PC here for top-of-the-line help with Malware Analysis and Removal by our trained professionals. This forum is only for those seeking aide with Malware removal. For security purposes, only authorized personnel may respond to requests for assistance.
    Takes a few days for them to get around to you, but they'll clean your PC for free and tell you how to keep it that way.

I've visited the JAII site from both my computer and ipad.
    I've notice some slowness/lagging on both lately. But no major problems. I don't have an update on my iPad so I don't know how I would be able to do anything about it until the next update?

I have McAfee security on my computer and it appears everything is ok. So I'll update here if I notice any other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    If you're infested with malware, go to: www.bleepingcomputer.com

And open a topic in this forum after reading/following directions:

Takes a few days for them to get around to you, but they'll clean your PC for free and tell you how to keep it that way.
    Thank you, but I prefer not to use a cleaner running over the internet. I purchased one I found at cnet.com, that runs on my computer. They're from the computer magazines you get at the supermarket. I've been relying on them since Windows 3.0. Some programs are free, all have customer reviews. They have all sorts of downloads and computer tips.

On the subject of bleepingcomputer.com , you can get a program there called RKill. What RKill does is shut down malware, giving you a chance to run your existing virus program, if you have one. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

I just use malwarebytes. Have for years. I use the free version.

I never go to unknown sites without some type of proxy hider. Hide my ass is a decent one, but you can get many of them.

BTW-I never go to that JAII site at all!

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

I went to the JAII site-more than I would like to admit-and my iPad crashed. I recently received it as a gift, probably about 2-3 months ago. It won't even turn on, and it is not a battery-related issue.I should have listened to ppl that said don't go to that site!

Bleeping computer provides free of charge an IT professional who walks you through determining what/if you are infected with and how to remove everything.

It's the US version of the UK's SpyWare Info, who I've also used successfully.

Bleeping computer provides free of charge an IT professional who walks you through determining what/if you are infected with and how to remove everything.

It's the US version of the UK's SpyWare Info, who I've also used successfully.
    this is interesting... my mom's computer runs very slow. so i can just hit them up and they'll help? for free???
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I just use malwarebytes. Have for years. I use the free version.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
    Malwarebytes.
    Bleeping computer has saved my butt many times. (Sure, it can be a pain, to print out and follow detailed instructions step by step.) I have usually been able to find my solution has already been posted before. It is a site to bookmark for emergencies.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

microsoft security essentials is my favorite antivirus. Malwarebytes is great. Bleeping computer is a wonderful site who will walk you through the steps of cleaning up nasty malware and viruses. I also use firefox with the adblock plus addon installed. I visit JAII often and have never had a problem.

Thread Information