Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Asshole Politician of the Day

Asshole Politician of the Day

I figured a fun thread would be to glorify the dickery that is in today's politics.

Today's offender is Tennesse Senator, Stacey Campfield.

Stacey thinks that mocking the banning of pressure cooker bombs (in light of the Boston Bombing), is parallel to the argument of gun control. Observe:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-s...8#.UXiN_bXvtc4

A Tennessee state senator is refusing to apologize for what many are calling a "tasteless" joke about pressure cookers in his blog in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing.

Republican State Sen. Stacey Campfield posted a photo of a pressure cooker with "Assault Pressure Cooker (APC)" printed below it.

The photo had labels and arrows pointing to all of the pot's "dangerous" features including a "muzzle break thingy that goes 'up'" and a "tactical pistol grip."

It's also described as "large-capacity, can cook for hours without reloading" and the color was "evil, black."

The blog post was titled, "Here comes Feinstein again," an apparent dig at Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.), one of the leading proponents in the battle for gun control. The image implied that pressure cookers might be her next target.

Two pressure cookers were turned into bombs in the Boston Marathon bombing that killed three people and wounded more than 260 people.

Campfield dismisses the criticism.

"I think it's tasteless when Obama will drag everybody he can up to Capitol Hill and try to pass gun control," Campfield told ABCNews.com today. "I think that was classless and tasteless. I don't hear them complaining about that too much."

"I was showing the hypocrisy of Diane Feinstein, the gun grabbers, of their inability to realize that it is a person that does activity, not an inanimate object, be it a gun or a pressure cooker," he said.

Campfield also posted a follow-up post on his blog titled, "Inappropriate? Me? Never!"

He wrote that he had gotten a call from the media inquiring about the blog being called "inappropriate."

"Really?" Campfield wrote. "If my post was inappropriate talking about 'crock pot control' then where is the outrage from the left when they push for gun control after the Sandy Hook shooting? Im [sic] sorry if I exposed your double standard....Well, not really."

Dozens of people commented on the pressure cooker post and its follow-up post, both condemning and supporting the senator.

"What kind of insensitive imbecile thinks it's okay to post a picture like this? Do you think it's a joke? Three people dead, one an eight year old child and you think it's something to laugh about?" one person wrote.

Another defended it by writing, "Nowhere in this post do I see anyone laughing over death. The post is about double standards."

"While obviously intended as a way to show how idiotic some Senators (mostly Democrats) are in trying to ban 'assault weapons'; this only comes across as insensitive and mean," yet another person wrote. "Perhaps a blog post talking about how idiotic it is would be in order, but this picture doesn't do it."

Campfield has not been the only lawmaker in trouble for seemingly insensitive comments.

During the manhunt for the bombing suspects on April 19 that put Boston on lockdown, Arkansas Republican State Rep. Nate Bell tweeted, "I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A."

Bell pulled the tweet and apologized after a barrage of criticism.

"I would like to apologize to the people of Boston & Massachusetts for the poor timing of my tweet earlier this morning," he posted on Facebook. "As a staunch and unwavering supporter of the individual right to self defense, I expressed my point of view without thinking of its effect on those still in time of crisis."

Bell said he regretted the "poor choice of timing."

Campfield is no stranger to criticism for his opinions. He was behind a failed bill that proposed reducing welfare assistance for kids with low grades in school and authored a controversial bill that would prohibit teachers from discussing any sexuality aside from heterosexuality up until the eighth grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    I saw that Michele Bachmann might not run for reelection in 2014. That would reduce the asshole quotient by a least one. The fuckery that comes out of her mouth is beyond the pale.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    I saw that Michele Bachmann might not run for reelection in 2014. That would reduce the asshole quotient by a least one. The fuckery that comes out of her mouth is beyond the pale.

Oh you mean this one?

Try again sugar tits.

You don't say?

Then I guess it's coincidental Reagan was in office when HIV hit the headlines....

Last edited by Shins; 04-24-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

There are sooo many to choose from.

(1) BACHMANN WARNED ‘THE LION KING’ WAS GAY PROPAGANDA: At the November 2004 EdWatch National Education Conference, Bachmann said the “normalization” of homosexuality would lead to “desensitization”: “Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders, is take a picture of ‘The Lion King’ for instance, and a teacher might say, ‘Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?’ The message is: I’m better at what I do, because I’m gay.”

(2) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT SCIENTISTS ARE SUPPORTERS OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN: During a 2006 debate, Bachmann said, “There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design.” This was, and is, not true.

And my all time personal favorite

(3) BACHMANN CLAIMED THAT CARBON DIOXIDE IS ‘HARMLESS’: In 2008, a Stanford scientist revealed “direct links” between increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and “increases in human mortality” — globally, he found that as many as “20,000 air-pollution-related deaths per year per degree Celsius may be due to this greenhouse gas.” The next year, Bachmann, who is not a scientist, said that “carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.”

Mark Sanford Publishes Personal Phone Numbers Of Anyone Who Called His Campaign

Congressional candidates who are down in the polls often pull unexpected stunts to try to shake up the race — but even the most cunning strategist would have to question the wisdom of publicizing an unredacted list of phone numbers from people who have called the campaign.

This past weekend, former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford (R), best known for lying about an affair with an Argentinian woman, ran a full-page ad in the Charleston Post & Courier to support his congressional campaign after it was revealed that he had been charged with trespassing at his ex-wife’s house. In the ad, Sanford included his personal cell phone number and told readers to call him “if you have further questions.”

After Sanford published his own cell phone number, House Majority PAC, a Democratic-aligned super PAC, included his number in a fundraising email sent Wednesday.

Sanford responded Thursday by publishing a list of unredacted phone numbers from anybody who had called his cell phone in an attempt to publicly shame them.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...phone-numbers/

michelle bachman needs to go away. she makes a mockery of MN and IA. one of my favorites is when she told the world she was from waterloo, ia. the home of john wayne.

for anyone not from iowa, john wayne is from winterset and john wayne gacy was from waterloo.

but then iowa also has this schmuck:

Steve King: Comparing Immigrants To Dogs Was 'A Compliment'
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1998007.html

i hate that i only hear about iowa on the daily show when this assclown opens his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    michelle bachman needs to go away. she makes a mockery of MN and IA. one of my favorites is when she told the world she was from waterloo, ia. the home of john wayne.

for anyone not from iowa, john wayne is from winterset and john wayne gacy was from waterloo.

but then iowa also has this schmuck:

Steve King: Comparing Immigrants To Dogs Was 'A Compliment'
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1998007.html

i hate that i only hear about iowa on the daily show when this assclown opens his mouth.
    Steve King is such a douche. He told some group that picking new immigrants is like picking dogs from a litter, try to get the pick of a litter.

Every time his mouth opens something offensive comes out.

Steve King is such a douche. He told some group that picking new immigrants is like picking dogs from a litter, try to get the pick of a litter.

Every time his mouth opens something offensive comes out.
    the article i posted includes a video of him talking about that and other equally moronic and offensive things. i couldn't listen to all of it or my had my have exploded.

i'm pissed about the redistricting of iowa. although he's still not MY rep, my family is now in his jurisdiction. i was shocked when he got reelected.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    the article i posted includes a video of him talking about that and other equally moronic and offensive things. i couldn't listen to all of it or my had my have exploded.

i'm pissed about the redistricting of iowa. although he's still not MY rep, my family is now in his jurisdiction. i was shocked when he got reelected.
    If it wasn't for Gerrymandering the GOP would have the lost the House last November

our mayor

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post

our mayor
    What's wrong with him? In all fairness, other people have dumb quotes, dude is Mayor of L.A. and has a pic with Charlie Sheen, a famous actor. What's the problem?

Also, can we just change the thread name to Asshole Republican of the day? We know that's what it is anyway.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Also, can we just change the thread name to Asshole Republican of the day? We know that's what it is anyway.
    True, although I almost posted something about Max Baucus (D) but he's essentially a Republican anyway

For fun follow @ChuckGrassley (R-IA) on Twitter. He ass tweets occasionally and he can't spell for shit.

For fun follow @ChuckGrassley (R-IA) on Twitter. He ass tweets occasionally and he can't spell for shit.
    This is an elected official. Someone with a GED should NOT be laughing at his grammar. (sighs)

What's wrong with him? In all fairness, other people have dumb quotes, dude is Mayor of L.A. and has a pic with Charlie Sheen, a famous actor. What's the problem?

No, Ron. There's got to be an asshole Dem out there somewhere. Does Jesse Jackson count?

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post

No, Ron. There's got to be an asshole Dem out there somewhere. Does Jesse Jackson count?

Joe Manchin (D).

It's embarrassing that these people are taken seriously. They should be reduced to yelling on street corners.

Today's asshole is Rep. Louie Gohmert (R)

Gohmert is accusing the Obama administration of screwing up the investigation of the bombing “due to internal guidance from the Muslim Brotherhood”:

Q: Some people are wondering whether or not the fact that it looks like radical Islam is once again a factor here is potentially a narrative that some folks don’t want publicly out there. Do you think that’s playing into this at all?

GOHMERT: I think it is… It’s very clear to everybody but this administration that radical Islam is at war agains us… Radical Islam is at war with us. Thank God for the moderates that don’t approve of what’s being done. But this administration has so many Muslim Brotherhood members that have influence that they just are making wrong decisions for America.

This is what I've been trying to say for the last decade!

GOP Rep Billy Long's Constituents: No, We Don't Want More Cuts

Rep. Billy Long (R-Mo.) raised some eyebrows this week when he said that his constituents want more in sequestration cuts, not less, and that they aren't feeling "any measurable effect" of the $85 billion in this year's spending reductions.

It turns out that some constituents -- in particular, those providing services to his district's most vulnerable -- beg to differ.

"I really can't believe he actually said that," said Carl Rosenkranz, executive director of the Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation, a not-for-profit that provides Head Start, housing, family planning and other services for the poor across 10 counties in southwestern Missouri. Seven of those counties fall into Long's district.

"He's basing it on nothing," Rosenkranz told The Huffington Post. "Just a minimal understanding of what we're going through here would help."

Meanwhile, Brendan Griesemer, the planning and development manager for Springfield, the largest city in Long's district, said his budget has already been hit with major state cuts over the last four years -- a 50 percent reduction in affordable housing programs and a 30 percent reduction in block grants -- so sequestration is just the cherry on top.

"This is just another cut to the programs that we can put out for the citizens of Springfield. That's what makes us nervous," Griesemer told The Huffington Post, noting that sequestration isn't set to hit his programs until July 1.

http://huff.to/ZYzGqy

There's a surplus of Asshole Politicians today due to NRA convention in Houston, Texas:

Rick Santorum said today Santorum said "Newtown was worth it and that the "NRA Are ‘Warriors’ Defending Second Amendment That Comes ‘From God’ "

Santorum told the audience that “… in America, rights come from God because you are a creation of that loving God and you have dignity because of that.”

Santorum called the coalition that elected and re-elected Barack Obama “a small minority” that has “infiltrated all these elite institutions,”

Perhaps Santorum’s most-hypocritical comment was claiming the Obama administration tells Americans “we’ll keep you safe,” by ensuring Americans have affordable access to healthcare, but in return, Americans have to give up a little part of the Contitution.

Santorum voted for the PATRIOT Act while a U.S. Senator.

And here’s Santorum’s voting record on civil rights:

Voted YES on recommending Constitutional ban on flag desecration. (Jun 2006)
    Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
    Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
    Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
    Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
    Voted NO on setting aside 10% of highway funds for minorities & women. (Mar 1998)
    Voted NO on ending special funding for minority & women-owned business. (Oct 1997)
    Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
    Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
    Voted YES on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)
    Voted NO on banning affirmative action hiring with federal funds. (Jul 1995)
    Supports anti-flag desecration amendment. (Mar 2001)
    Rated 25% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)

Santorum was labeled one of the most-corrupt Senators by CREW. Here are Santorum’s votes on integrity and government reform:

Voted YES on allowing some lobbyist gifts to Congress. (Mar 2006)
    Voted NO on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity. (Mar 2006)
    Voted NO on banning “soft money” contributions and restricting issue ads. (Mar 2002)
    Voted YES on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration. (Feb 2002)
    Voted NO on banning campaign donations from unions & corporations. (Apr 2001)
    Voted YES on funding for National Endowment for the Arts. (Aug 1999)
    Voted NO on favoring 1997 McCain-Feingold overhaul of campaign finance. (Oct 1997)
    Voted YES on Approving the presidential line-item veto. (Mar 1996)
    Voted NO on banning more types of Congressional gifts. (Jul 1995)

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...13/05/03/66339

Obama.

The cover-up of Benghazi. I don't even know which links to pick from. Close your eyes and pick one.

For the lefties of the thread who's comfort zone is only in mocking Republicans: http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/13/opinio...uth/index.html

For the righties who despise liberals: (Spoiler alert, it's Glenn Beck. He's a nutter, but in this case, he has this pretty much right) http://beforeitsnews.com/u-s-politic...w-2446642.html

There's no way to find a non-partisan look at this issue. People on the left will dismiss this as a bunch of white noise the Republicans are spewing. They accuse Republicans of using this to political advantage. And they're right, of course. Republicans are running with this.

I think they should. This is beyond the pale, really. Obama lied about the protests, lied about the video that led up to the fake protests -- and those lies in turn fed the flames for REAL protests, where at least 80 more people died and hundreds more were injured. He did it to cover his ass, to hide the ineptitude in his administration, because it was election time.

While the Americans in Benghazi were left to fend for themselves and the people who were ready to go aid them were told to stand down, Obama went to bed, and then he went to a fundraiser.

It's like the "Fast and Furious" program -- Obama didn't know. Whenever somebody dies, or things get messy, suddenly Obama doesn't know a damn thing. He just shakes his head and looks at the camera and soulfully tells people that all this bad stuff is just a political witch-hunt against him.

Yeah, sure it is, buddy.

Ooooh, and hey, while we're on the subject of conspiracies....

What's this about the IRS going after right-wing groups??

Oooh, and hey, there's been all kinds of fun news about the AP phone records being seized by the Justice Department!!!!!

It's kind of good that Obama go re-elected, otherwise we might be missing out on finding out how jacked up the government truly is. Wheeeeeeeeeeee.

Here's a little Jon Stewart as a consolation prize:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...-into-darkness

Oh my god. Fuck Villagrossssa. That asshole is so corrupt that it isn't funny. He steals tons of money from the city and bankrupted us. Total incompetence.
    http://capoliticalnews.com/2012/03/2...-incompetence/

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post

Sen Max Baucus, D Montana.

Thread Information