Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Asshole Politician of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    But won't someone think of the white men who always get first priority with all jobs.
    You're right, of course. I should rethink my position... We should be happy to be women, where our options are limited. Less options make everything easier to decide on. I mean, fuck 31 favors. It's chocolate or vanilla for me from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I'll never forget when I was in library school. One of the profs told the story of when he graduated from library school 30 years earlier. When he started applying for his first library job he was offered not one, not two but three directorships. The women he graduated with, even the ones who were clearly better qualified, academically, multilingual, with previous experience, etc... were offered entry level positions at which many of them were still stuck 5, 10 and 15 years later. All for the want of a Y. And it hasn't changed all that much.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

At least he was honest about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I feel like "white male privilege" is less of a thing in Canada compared to other white majority countries. Justin's father Pierre Trudeau was an ardent promoter of multiculturalism and immigration. On one hand I can live with that because borders are imaginary lines drawn by the state, but on the other hand we've also imported a lot of barbaric practices, such as honour killings, from third world countries. I'm a 22-year-old Asian female and I ran as a candidate in this election for a small party that has never been elected. The 5 other people on the ballot were white and middle aged. As expected, I didn't win in my riding, but got more than double the votes of a white man in his 60s. It's a mostly Caucasian riding too, so my relative success can't be blamed on immigrants voting for their own race. We're not systematically voting in politicians simply based on whether they're white men, because voting is based on ideas, not demographics. In Canada I feel like minorities are not oppressed at all when it comes to equal opportunity in politics. Even if Parliament is not "diverse" enough, it's because immigrants (especially from countries that can't vote, such as China) haven't assimilated to our democratic culture, and that women tend to pursue other interests, like motherhood.

I wouldn't mind if the cabinet were completely female. All that matters is that they earned their positions fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    You're right, of course. I should rethink my position... We should be happy to be women, where our options are limited. Less options make everything easier to decide on. I mean, fuck 31 favors. It's chocolate or vanilla for me from now on.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...FAi?li=BBnb7Kz

'Mary Was a Teenager.' Alabama Republican Uses Jesus to Defend Roy Moore

While some Republicans at the national level spoke out against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore on Thursday in the wake of allegations that he initiated sexual contact with a 14-year-old when he was in his 30s, Republicans from his own state seemed to have a different view — with one citing Jesus’ parents to defend Moore’s alleged behavior.

“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama state auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner on Thursday.

Four women have told the Washington Post that Moore pursued relationships with them when they were teenagers and he was an adult. The women were between the ages of 14 and 18, while Moore was in his 30s at the time, according to the Post.

Leigh Corfman, the woman who was 14 when she says Moore approached her, told the Post that Moore touched her over her bra and underwear and guided her hand to his underwear. The other three women did not have sexual contact that went beyond kissing.

Moore denied the allegations on Thursday, saying they are “completely false” and a “desperate political attack.” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said that Moore must step aside if the allegations are true, and Sen. John McCain went further, calling on Moore to “immediately step aside.”

Ziegler, on the other hand, said the allegations were “much ado about nothing.”

“There is nothing to see here,” the Alabama official told the Examiner. “The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls. Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.”

In his comments on the incident, Ziegler focused on the fact that the report said Moore had not had sex with the girl and that the relationship happened decades ago. He also pointed to the fact that Moore’s wife is younger than him and the pair began dating shortly after the incidents detailed in the Post report.

“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler added, according to the Examiner. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

Roy is a big ol' asshole. Hope someone kicks his ass.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/go...id=mailsignout

GOP State Legislator Quits After Having Sex With a Man

An Ohio Republican state legislator who consistently touts his faith and his anti-LGBT stances resigned this week after being caught having sex with a man in his office.

Representative Wes Goodman, who is married, was reportedly seen by someone who is not a staffer having sex with a man inside his Riffe Center office. The witness told Ohio House Chief of Staff Mike Dittoe of the situation early Tuesday afternoon, according to the Columbus Dispatch.

Dittoe told House Speaker Republican Cliff Rosenberger, who met with Goodman. Shortly after the meeting, Goodman resigned due to “inappropriate conduct.”

This comes as a surprise to many constituents, because Goodman has consistently spoken about "natural marriage" being between a man and a woman. His campaign website, which is now offline, outlined his views on family: "Healthy, vibrant, thriving, values-driven families are the source of Ohio's proud history and the key to Ohio's future greatness. The ideals of a loving father and mother, a committed natural marriage, and a caring community are well worth pursuing and protecting."

Goodman’s twitter bio describes him as: “Christian. American. Conservative. Republican. Husband to @Beth1027.” His tweets are protected and his account is private. His Facebook page has been taken offline.

Rosenberger told cleveland.com that the interaction was between Goodman and a person not employed by the legislature, and that it happened several months ago but was brought to his attention only recently.

“I was alerted to details yesterday afternoon regarding his involvement in inappropriate behavior related to his state office,” Rosenberger said in a statement to the Columbus Dispatch. “I met with him later in the day where he acknowledged and confirmed the allegations. It became clear that his resignation was the most appropriate course of action for him, his family, the constituents of the 87th House District and this institution.”

There have been no charges or complaints of sexual harassment filed.

Goodman said in a statement to the Columbus Dispatch: “We all bring our own struggles and our own trials into public life. That has been true for me, and I sincerely regret that my actions and choices have kept me from serving my constituents and our state in a way that reflects the best ideals of public service. For those whom I have let down, I’m sorry. As I move onto the next chapter of my life, I sincerely ask for privacy for myself, my family, and my friends.”

He is the second state lawmaker in Ohio to resign in the past month after inappropriate actions came to light. Former Republican state Senator Cliff Hite resigned last month after he allegedly made sexual propositions to a state employee multiple times.

Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/go...id=mailsignout

GOP State Legislator Quits After Having Sex With a Man
    x100
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Who me????

No wayyyyy.

What a fucking hypocrite. Good riddance

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by jlawrence View Post
    Who me????
    https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...not-so-n823056

Secret gay life of married 'family values' lawmaker was not so secret

As Wes Goodman built a political career around values including “committed natural marriage,” the 33-year-old Republican was secretly engaging in sexual encounters with men online, via cellphone and, on one significant occasion, in his state office.
    This undated photo provided by the Ohio House of Representatives shows Wes Goodman, an ex-Republican Ohio lawmaker, who resigned last week after having a sexual encounter with a man in his state office.

The office encounter was the final straw that last week ended his political rise as a self-proclaimed Christian conservative, which had taken Goodman from congressional campaign worker to Capitol Hill aide to a seat in the Ohio House.

It also opened the floodgates on details of Goodman’s secret gay life, which turned out not to have been a secret to several conservative groups, House Republicans or their campaign operation.

The nation’s leading anti-gay marriage organization, Cincinnati-based Citizens for Community Values, was among the Christian conservative groups that knew of Goodman’s extramarital sexual contact with other men before his election last year, The Associated Press has learned.

Board member Seth Morgan said the group discovered — after it had endorsed him in last year’s legislative primary — that Goodman had engaged in consensual gay activity. Goodman faced no general election opposition and was said to be “dealing with it,” Morgan said, so the issue was set aside by CCV and another group that was briefed, Ohio’s Conservative Republican Leadership Committee.

Morgan said he sees no hypocrisy in the values movement’s support of Goodman, adding “we’re not perfect people.”

“From our perspective, we look at this and say, this hits close to home, but it’s another example of why we stand for the things we stand for,” Morgan said. “It’s not something that causes us to shrink back. It causes us to, sadly, move forward with a greater sense of determination.”

Johnny Hadlock, a former congressional staffer, told The AP he engaged in sexual banter by text and had phone sex with Goodman while the two worked in Washington in the early 2010s. He said he was furious when, years later, he saw Goodman campaigning on the issue of “natural marriage” between a man and a woman, “because I knew differently.”

Thread Information