Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Site so slow today?

I'm not wearing any pants

Site so slow today?

Or is it just me? I couldn't get here a few times today. It just took me like 8 minutes to post this thread. Anyone else having probs?

It is the traffic/number of posts being made in 2 very busy threads - the Jodi Arias and the Boston Marathon Bombing threads to be precise.

This, too, shall pass. The trial doesn't start back until Tuesday - if it keeps the forum so slow, admin may choose to lock that one for a day or so.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

hmmm - mines been running slow for days - b4 there were all the extra boston posts, - and now it still is and hardly any one is posting there or in the JA thread - lt week it takes a minute to load and just keeps loading til i stop it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    hmmm - mines been running slow for days - b4 there were all the extra boston posts, - and now it still is and hardly any one is posting there or in the JA thread - lt week it takes a minute to load and just keeps loading til i stop it manually.
    I will ask J to check it out.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

ty!!

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    It is the traffic/number of posts being made in 2 very busy threads - the Jodi Arias and the Boston Marathon Bombing threads to be precise.

This, too, shall pass. The trial doesn't start back until Tuesday - if it keeps the forum so slow, admin may choose to lock that one for a day or so.
    I am wondering if it could be something else causing the slow down? The Jodi thread actually was low traffic today, since there was no court. It can easily do 30 pages on a trial day, but today there were only 7 pages in the entire 24 hours. So I doubt the Jodi thread was much of a factor in any slow down today.

Also, I am still having issues with major lag right now, yet there are only 9 people on the Jodi thread and 7 on the Boston thread (I just checked). And they are barely posting. So why is there still major lag?

I hope other possibilities for the slow down will be looked into before the threat to lock the Jodi thread is carried out.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    I am wondering if it could be something else causing the slow down? The Jodi thread actually was low traffic today, since there was no court. It can easily do 30 pages on a trial day, but today there were only 7 pages in the entire 24 hours. So I doubt the Jodi thread was much of a factor in any slow down today.

Also, I am still having issues with major lag right now, yet there are only 9 people on the Jodi thread and 7 on the Boston thread (I just checked). And they are barely posting. So why is there still major lag?

I hope other possibilities for the slow down will be looked into before the threat to lock the Jodi thread is carried out.
    I can't answer that with 100% certainty. I am asking the Admins about it - posted in Admin thread about 15 minutes ago for J to take a look.

There is no threat - it was a comment about what may could be done to speed the forum up - not a definitive plan. Don't get your beehive in a snarl!

But IMO, the sheer size of the Jodi thread makes the system run slower (500+ pages constantly being refreshed - not to mention the pictures/gifs that have to reload each time they are quoted) and (2) the Jodi thread always gets whackadoodle when there is a long weekend (it has almost every long weekend in the past and everyone knows this to be true). People are already starting to bicker and post jokes, memes, etc. up in there and that will keep everyone refreshing to see who says what next.

Anyhoo, hopefully, J can just flip a switch or something to take care of the forum slowdown and everyone will behave in the Jodi thread and we can all live happily ever after.

I see NQ mentioned the size of threads, and that has got to be a factor. The JA thread is super long and there were points yesterday where people were posting several posts a minute in the Boston thread. Those things combined don't help to speed things up, for sure.

So now it seems okay. Hmmmm....

J probably worked his magic and reset stuff
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

mine isn't:( even trying to get to this thread - it taked a leas 2 minutes and i keep getting databse errors:(

Maybe we could put that one thread on pause for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

and i did clear out all history, cache cookie, etc, reset moden, virus scan and restarted - didn't help:(

i haven't seen ppl really posting much there today - maybe just cuz its so many pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    i haven't seen ppl really posting much there today - maybe just cuz its so many pages?
    That too. I don't know the solution but I bet closing it for a while would at least slow down the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    That too. I don't know the solution but I bet closing it for a while would at least slow down the issues.
    When it was closed for a weekend previously there were quite a few people from the thread who just blew up Chit Chat either continuing the Jodi discussion, or discussing why the Jodi thread was locked and when it would be reopened. I'm not so certain locking it is a solution.

Yeah, still slow as hell for me again today. Oh well. I am sure it will get back to normal soon.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Same here. And it took me awhile to even get on the site because I kept getting an error message.

Thanks for looking into it, NQ!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Same here. And it took me awhile to even get on the site because I kept getting an error message.

Thanks for looking into it, NQ!

I'm doing some cleanup. there's a few million temp files that are being deleted. it's taking much much longer than expected. it's also causing everything to slow.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    I'm doing some cleanup. there's a few million temp files that are being deleted. it's taking much much longer than expected. it's also causing everything to slow.
    Thanks for your hard work Tech-Monkey J!

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Yer the best.

Yep yep, seems all good. Threads are cleaned up and whatnot! Thanks J and everyone.

Posting here instead of starting a new thread. Site seems to be having some hiccups. I am able to load the site, albeit slowly, and I haven't been able to post without significant lag.

A couple of others in the JA thread have mentioned problems as well. I understand if it's just heavy traffic, though it seemed fine yesterday.

Trying to answer you - I guess it is either (1) the constant refresh rate of the posters who are so happy and excited in the JA thread. Refreshing 800+ pages has to use up bandwidth, server space, etc. (Truly no knock to them; sending this case to the jury has been a long time coming) or (2) J is applying patches/fixes in the background.

Thread Information