Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NYC Officer Rosette Samuel (43) kills son, boyfriend and herself

NYC Officer Rosette Samuel (43) kills son, boyfriend and herself

An off-duty New York City police officer shot to death her 1-year-old son and her boyfriend, who is believed to be the child's father, before taking her own life in a Brooklyn home early Monday, authorities said.

The officer's 19-year-old son managed to escape out a back window and find police; he was not injured.

Police responded to the home on East 56th Street in the Flatbush section after receiving reports of shots fired shortly before 8:30 a.m.

When authorities entered the first-floor apartment, they found the officer's 33-year-old boyfriend dead in the doorway. The bodies of the 43-year-old officer, a 13-year cop with the 108th precinct, and the child were found in the bedroom.

All three victims died of gunshot wounds, authorities said.

The officer's teenage son told police he spoke with his mother when he first woke up Monday morning and everything seemed fine. Then, around 8 a.m., he told police he heard a gunshot -- then more gunshots -- and he saw his mother standing in the apartment with a gun in her hand.

The teenager told police he asked his mother what was happening and she apologized, according to law enforcement sources. Then the officer went into her bedroom and placed the baby on the bed. The 19-year-old son heard another gunshot and jumped out the window to find police.

An NYPD spokesman said the officer had never had any issues with the department.

A neighbor, who identified herself as an aunt, said she could find no reason for the deaths. She said the officer was always smiling and waving to her, and seemed like a happy person.

"It's terrible," Agnes Samuel, 83, said as she choked up. "For people to take a life like that. Oh, Lord!"

The investigation is ongoing.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ting-self?lite
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/ny...olice-say.html

Snipped--
    Investigators said the woman, an off-duty police officer identified by family and friends as Rosette M. Samuel, fatally shot her boyfriend and their 1-year-old son before killing herself, the police said.
    The boyfriend, identified by relatives as 33-year-old Dason Peters, lived nearby and had planned to take his son, Dylan, swimming at an indoor pool near their home later that day. It was a regular father-son outing, according to a man who identified himself as a cousin and co-worker of Mr. Peters.

Dason's FB: https://www.facebook.com/dason.peters.3

i'm gonna say she found out her boy toy was cheating after she was saddled with another child 18 years after her first.

just throwing it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm gonna say she found out her boy toy was cheating after she was saddled with another child 18 years after her first.

just throwing it out there.
    Hmm, & one of their sneakmeets was at the pool during regular father/son time? Hence the regularity?

ETA - nope.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-06-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Her poor son. Holy fucking shit.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Are they basing this off the son's word, or evidence? Maybe HE killed all 3 of them....

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/ny...-say.html?_r=0

To those on the outside, the couple seemed content, spending time together on a quiet block in Brooklyn, working at solid city-paid jobs and delighting in their infant son.

Almost certainly there was nothing so outwardly amiss between them that it could have foretold the crime that unfolded on Monday morning inside the woman’s apartment on East 56th Street, in the Flatlands neighborhood.

Investigators said the woman, an off-duty police officer identified by family and friends as Rosette M. Samuel, fatally shot her boyfriend and their 1-year-old son before killing herself, the police said.

The officer’s 19-year-old son escaped; he fled through a bedroom window after hearing gunshots, said Paul J. Browne, the Police Department’s chief spokesman.

The son, who had been asleep in a rear bedroom, called 911 around 8:30 a.m. and met responding officers in front of the house, where the family rented a first-floor apartment, Mr. Browne said.

The bodies of the officer and baby were found, face up, on a bed; a crib sat near the bed against a bedroom wall, Mr. Browne said. Officers discovered the body of the child’s father lying just inside the home’s entrance, in the front hallway.

“It was a tough crime scene,” Mr. Browne said.

The boyfriend, identified by relatives as 33-year-old Dason Peters, lived nearby and had planned to take his son, Dylan, swimming at an indoor pool near their home later that day. It was a regular father-son outing, according to a man who identified himself as a cousin and co-worker of Mr. Peters.

“Every Monday morning, they swim,” said the cousin, who declined to give his name. The cousin and Mr. Peters worked together at the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, where Mr. Peters was a track maintenance supervisor.

The cousin added that Mr. Peters, a native of Guyana, was “all excited” about becoming a father after he learned that his girlfriend was pregnant.

When asked if Mr. Peters and his girlfriend had problems, the cousin responded, “Never,” an observation echoed by others.

“I never heard them have an argument,” said Agnes Samuel, 83, who lives next door and is an aunt of Officer Samuel.

Officer Samuel, 43, who joined the police force in September 2000, was most recently assigned to the 108th Precinct in Queens. There was nothing in the officer’s departmental record to indicate that she was troubled, according to Mr. Browne.

As investigators removed the plastic-wrapped bodies of Mr. Peters, Officer Samuel and Dylan from the apartment on Monday afternoon, the question of why still lingered.

A woman dressed in royal blue hospital scrubs who said she was Mr. Peters’s mother collapsed, her arms and legs splayed on the pavement beneath a ribbon of police tape. When police officers helped her up, she wailed and sprinted to her home, about a block away.

“He’s my son. He’s my everything. Oh Father. Oh God. What a loving son I have,” she later said while sobbing on her patio.

Ionie Brown-Johnson, 73, a neighbor, recalled seeing Officer Samuel pushing Dylan in a stroller and cradling him.

“She walks along with the baby in her arms; she looks loving with the baby,” she said. “I’m shaking. I’m asking myself, ‘How could this happen?’ ”

The 19-year-old, whose name was not released, is Officer Samuel’s son from a previous relationship. Investigators said the officer used her “off-duty” gun, a 9-millimeter Glock that she was authorized by the department to carry when not on the job.

Mystery solved. Dason's mother has all the answers & doesn't even realise (when reading this, remember that her son is supposed to a 33 yr old man, not an under-age teen)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/18/ny...-she-left.html

Just before his son was born, Dason Peters finally revealed to his mother what he could no longer hide: he would be a father.

Mommy, some girl has a baby from me,” his mother, Rosamund, remembered his saying. The news came as a shock; she was not only blindsided by the birth, but also unaware that her son was romantically involved with the baby’s mother, Rosette M. Samuel,a New York City police officer.

Officer Samuel lived only a block from Mr. Peters’s family in Brooklyn, but she was mostly a stranger to them — a fact that barely changed even after the birth of the boy. It became an odd footnote to the murder-suicide on Monday in which the officer killed Mr. Peters, their 1-year-old son, Dylan, and then herself, using a 9-millimeter handgun that she was authorized to carry off duty.

Detectives found two notes in Officer Samuel’s apartment: one to her 19-year-old son by a previous relationship; the other to an aunt, who she hoped would watch over the older son. Officer Samuel did not explain her motivation for killing Mr. Peters, the police said, but wrote to her eldest son that she killed his infant brother so he would not be a burden to his older brother.

A third note was torn up and submerged in the toilet, and the police have yet to fully determine its origin or significance.

The killing brought grief to a working-class corner of East Flatbush and raised disturbing questions about what had driven an outwardly stable mother to murder and suicide. Nothing in Officer Samuel’s official record appeared to indicate she was troubled, the police said.

After the killing, Mr. Peters’s family described an accidental pregnancy and an increasingly distant relationship held together by the routines of child care. They also recalled recent episodes that hinted at a building jealousy.

Mr. Peters, 33, was a proud father but kept Officer Samuel, 43, at arm’s length, his relatives said. He ate many dinners at home with his parents, with whom he lived on East 55th Street and had a close relationship, but never invited her to join.

The coldness was reciprocal, his family said. She never invited them to her apartment around the corner on East 56th Street. Rare phone conversations were limited to details of child care and curt messages like “I’m outside,” Mrs. Peters said.

“She was jealous that her life was not as smooth as his — he had all this support,” Mr. Peters’s father, Colburn, said. “We don’t know if she had the support of her parents.”

They weren’t a couple; my son lives here,” Mrs. Peters said, her voice cracking.

Mr. Peters added: “He has a kid with her. That’s it.”

Relatives of Officer Samuel’s declined repeated requests for interviews.

The police said her 19-year-old son, who lived with her, was woken around 8 a.m. by an argument and fled when gunshots erupted. He then called 911.

Dason Peters traveled regularly, on cruises and back to his native Guyana, his mother said. In the days leading up to the killing, he talked frequently on his cellphone with friends in Guyana about a coming trip on Monday. His younger brother, Daron, 16, recalled that Officer Samuel came to the house on Friday to pick up Dylan after her police shift, and when she left, the cellphone was gone.

“Dason can’t find the phone,” his brother said. “I called the phone, nobody answered. He goes over there, then comes back over here, checks the house one more time.”

On the third call, Daron Peters said, Officer Samuel answered. Dason Peters went over to her apartment to retrieve the phone, and returned several hours later before rushing off to his night shift working for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

The pair began dating about three years ago after crossing paths at a local laundromat and, later, at a banquet where city workers mixed, said Zay John, a high school friend of Mr. Peters’s and the baby’s godmother. Mr. Peters called Officer Samuel his girlfriend for a time, she said, but “when this event happened, they weren’t together.”

“But,” she added, “they were committed to being co-parents.”
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-06-2014 at 05:01 PM.

I wonder who sent it. I have my suspicions, probably unfounded but someone's doing an awful lot of media slots

http://gothamist.com/2013/04/16/cops...edly_stemm.php

Cop's Murder-Suicide May Have Been Sparked By Mysterious Note

The NYPD officer who killed her one-year-old son and her boyfriend before killing herself yesterday morning was allegedly arguing with her boyfriend about a note she received concerning their relationship. The Wall Street Journal reports that 43-year-old Rosette Samuel began arguing with 33-year-old Dason Peters on Saturday "over a hand written letter" that was later torn up and flushed down the toilet. On Monday morning, Samuel would kill Peters and her son, Dylan Samuel-Peters, in their East Flatbush home, before turning the gun on herself.

Investigators told reporters that the contents of the note were unknown.

Samuel's older son from a different relationship, 19-year-old Dondre Samuel, said he woke up yesterday morning and "saw his mother standing with a gun as Peters sat on the floor." He was then ordered back into his room by the couple when he heard a gunshot. The teenager called 911 and scrambled out of his bedroom window to meet police.

At some point before any shots were fired, Dondre Samuel said his mother apologized to him, and told him that she left a note for him. Police say that note stated that she was sorry for her actions and that the $42,000 she had in a retirement account was to be used so that Dondre could attend college.

Peters, a track maintenance supervisor for the MTA, was scheduled to travel to his native Guyana on Monday. An unnamed relative told the Daily News said that the trip was just a vacation. "He wasn't going to live there. He has a good job. He was just going for a week or two."

Samuel, a police officer since 2000, had recently been transferred from the Manhattan Traffic Division to the 108th Precinct, which covers Long Island City and Sunnyside, at a salary of $97,064 with overtime. While the Daily News describes her as a "loner," and quotes "one cop" as saying that Samuel "didn't have any friends," another officer from Manhattan Transit told the Post, "We're devastated right now."

The officer adds, "She was a lovely person. She was funny, a great personality, outgoing. She'd always talk about her family…She was very fond of her children. They were her life."

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

yeah, because her salary really needed to be known.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Sounds like she (the PO) saw some shit on Mr. Peters phone that she wasn't too happy about.

I don't think she was jealous of him though.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Whaaaaat?

http://searchlight.vc/vermont-villag...-p44120-82.htm

"Vincentian born New York police officer Rosette "Diana" Samuel, sister of convicted murderer Shorn Samuel, shot her husband Dason Peters"

ETA - ?? Maybe this one?

http://thevincentian.com/stay-of-exe...ed-p249-93.htm

Last week Thursday, the Eastern Caribbean Court of Appeal quashed the murder conviction of Shorn Samuel of Vermont, substituted a verdict of manslaughter and commuted his sentence to life imprisonment. He had been sentenced to death December 18, 2008 after being convicted of the murder of 21-year-old Stacey Wilson, a former clerk at the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital. He had used a brand new cutlass with the price tag still on it, to viciously hack Wilson about her body before beheading her in full view of the public at the aLeeward bus terminal around 3:30 p.m, December 11, 2006. Bacchus-Browne was one of the lawyers who conducted Samuel?s appeal in which a case of diminished responsibility was established.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-06-2014 at 05:29 PM.

well now.

I guess this police lady's brother chopped some chicks head off and was sentenced to death, but that was overturned.

http://rense.com/general76/sabehead.htm

His real name is Sean Samuel, and the chick he murdered's picture is on best gore, and I believe in the disgusting picture thread here.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 05-06-2014 at 05:37 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    yeah, because her salary really needed to be known.
    That's noted because one of the prime motives for murder/suicide tends to be debts/money issues, which she wasn't having.

It sounds like the family has maybe some mental imbalances.

http://i-witness-news.com/2013/04/15...herself-in-ny/

Interviews with her family in Vincentia

http://i-witness-news.com/tag/shorn-samuel/page/2/

Sister of man who beheaded woman in Kingstown, kills her baby, boyfriend and herself in NY

POSTED BY ADMIN ⋅APRIL 15, 2013 KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent, April 15, IWN – A sister of the man who beheaded a woman in Kingstown in 2006, shot and killed her 1-year-old son and her boyfriend before killing herself in New York on Monday.

The development has left Rosette Samuel’s relatives searching for answers.

“I just don’t know — ” Zina Jack, Samuel’s aunt, told I-Witness News on Monday as she shook her head in disbelief.

“I just can’t see her doing that,” Jack, further said in Vermont of the murder-suicide.

Samuel, who was off duty at the time of the shooting, has been a police officer in New York for 13 years.

Her aunt said she has been living in the United States for more than 20 years and did not complain about having problems.

“I just can’t see her doing that,” she repeated.

Jack said she and Samuel communicated from time to time.

“The last time I spoke to her, she said she was bringing the baby for us to see in June,” Jack further said.

Samuel’s father, Granville Parsons, was not at his Penniston home when I-Witness News visited Monday evening.

But a female relative told I-Witness News that they had been told that Samuel was “stressed out” because her Guyanese boyfriend reportedly had a relationship with someone else.

Media reports say that the shooting took place at Samuel’s home in Flatbush, New York.

She was found dead in her bed, alongside the body of her baby son, police said.

Samuel’s boyfriend, the father of the dead child, was found lying in the doorway. The number and location of his wounds were not immediately clear.

Reports say that the child was shot in the chest, as was Samuel.

Samuel’s 19-year-old son from a previous relationship, Dondre Samuel, was home at the time of the shooting, but escaped out a back window and called police, reports say.

Samuel is the sister of Shorn Samuel of Vermont, who was convicted of murder in relation to the beheading of 21-year-old Stacy Wilson, also of Vermont, at the Leeward Bus Terminal in December 2006.

Shorn used a rope to pull Wilson out of an idling minibus before chopping her about the body and beheading her in front of horrified onlookers.
    Stacey Wilson

Shorn Samuel

Stacey Wilson crime scene NSFW

http://www.gpsa.co.za/gallery/various/m_hill03.jpg

http://www.documentingreality.com/fo...ded-woman6.jpg

http://www.documentingreality.com/fo...ded-woman7.jpg

http://www.africancrisis.org/images/...y_Wilson_4.jpg

ETA oops sorry Angi.

Apparently both siblings have issues with rejection
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-06-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

fucking crazy

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

That's noted because one of the prime motives for murder/suicide tends to be debts/money issues, which she wasn't having.

It sounds like the family has maybe some mental imbalances.

That's an understatement!!

They're like super villains.

So having a brother who creates material for bestgore, that kind of thing doesn't come up on NYPD's psych screening?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    So having a brother who creates material for bestgore, that kind of thing doesn't come up on NYPD's psych screening?
    Yea, no one gives a shit though.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Damn! Shorn or whatever name he uses is N-U-T-S....and so is his sister!

Holy. Shit. Should have NOT clicked those links. I'm a glutton for punishment. Do they have any other siblings?!? If so, whoever is dating them needs to GTFO.

Thread Information