Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73
Results 1,801 to 1,819 of 1819

Thread: Boston Marathon: Explosion at Finish Line

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    "But what would you think if someone in your family got murdered?" asked the bloodthirsty, pro-capital punishment crowd.
    "Who cares what the VICTIMS want! we know more than they do!"

The kid should rot in jail, in my opinion

Pretty much anything he does would piss me off. Double post.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...cGK/story.html

From what I've gleaned from the webz, he would most likely be sent to ADX, the supermax in Florence Co. A recent NYT article described living conditions there and it's beyond brutal. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/ma...ison.html?_r=0 Shoebomber, unibomber, the late John Gotti and Terry Nichols have all been housed there. A long life in ADX seems way more unbearable than a death sentence. Plus he doesn't get his 72 virgins or matrydom.
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

Jurors to begin deliberating whether to sentence Tsarnaev to life or death

The jury in the Dzhokhar Tsarnaev trial is about to make the ultimate decision, the decision whether he should pay the ultimate price for his role in the Boston Marathon bombing.
    Weeks of testimony are over, and in Courtroom 9 of US District Court in South Boston after closing statements are done, the jury of seven women and five men will set about the grim task of sentencing Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to either life in a federal prison, or death by lethal injection.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is convicted of 17 counts that make him eligible for the death penalty. Once the jury retires to a jury room, the foreman will direct the jurors through the charges.

"I don't think they'll rush, but I also think they've seen it all, and its time to close the chapter. close this horrific chapter," said Boston attorney Phil Tracey. "I think they got to work through each count. The question will be should it be death, or life in prison. In other words, instead of guilty or not guilty, they'll have a different kind of blotter to work on. And they are going to have to go through all 17."

The Tsaranev jury will weigh aggravating factors of each crime, the cruelty, the indifference to human suffering, against mitigating the factors, Dzhokhar's troubled home life, his radical older brother, until it decides, on each of the 17 counts,

To condemn Tsarnaev to death, the 12 jurors must unanimously agree to vote for death.

If one juror disagrees, it's life in prison.

Because this jury has been together so long, Tracey says their verdict could come quickly.

"They have agreed at one time. They know how each other thinks, and therefore that may be the most interesting thing about how they related to each other if there's a disagreement about the penalty."

http://www.bostonnewstime.com/news/b...-or-death.html

Death penalty. Did anyyone think he would not get the death penalty?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...paign=newshour
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post

All you need is one. Although being against the death penalty and having the fortitude to follow through in a deliberation room are two different things.

Jurors let themselves get bullied ALL the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post

Yep. I would have been surprised if he didn't.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Yep. I would have been surprised if he didn't.
    I'd have been shocked.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Oh yeah, I read your question wrong. I thought you asked if anyone else thought he'd get the death penalty.

Terrorism bombing on American soil + arabic kid = dead
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

If it was good enough for Tim McVay, then DP is good enough for this guy.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    If it was good enough for Tim McVay, then DP is good enough for this guy.
    lol Tim McVay killed SO MANY MORE PEOPLE. They aren't even comparable, this kid was young and impressionable, and Tim McVay was a hate-filled anti-government demento. I mean, obviously any act of terrorism is going to be punished by death but I would never, never put this kid in the same league as Tim MCVay. He killed 168 people, a lot of them being little babies.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    Exactly this.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

oh come on. you know white privilege is a construct of the liberal media. sham on you girls.

#whiteguilt
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

So didn't he want the death penalty? I guess he's cheering along with the mob.

Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's apology to victims

Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's apology to victims of the deadly 2013 attack has been dismissed by survivors of the bombings.

Tsarnaev, 21, addressed victims of the bombing in court for the first time as a US judge formally sentenced him to death.

"I am sorry for the lives I have taken, for the suffering that I have caused you, for the damage I have done, irreparable damage," Tsarnaev, who had not spoken in his defence throughout his trial, said.

"In case there is any doubt, I am guilty of this attack, along with my brother."

Bombing survivor Scott Weisberg, who suffered hearing loss in the attack, said he found Tsarnaev's sentiments hard to believe.

"I was surprised that he spoke, I think most of the survivors were," he said.

"He said that he was remorseful, I find that hard to believe since I've come to a lot of the trial and never really saw that at all from him.

"It really does not change anything for me because, what he took from me, I'm never going to be able to regain.

"I don't think it was genuine, but he will say otherwise, and that's not going to change my impression of him or what he did to us.

"We as a community are going to be stronger and we are going to continue to heal through this."

Tsarnaev's statement divided other victims, who joined Dr Weisberg in a press conference after the sentencing.

Lynn Julian, who suffered a traumatic brain injury in the attack, said Tsarnaev's remarks "were sort of shocking", adding that "a sincere apology would've been nice".

"I regret ever wanting to hear him speak, because he showed no remorse, no regret," Ms Julian said.

"He threw in an apology to the survivors that seemed insincere."

However, Henry Borgard, who was injured as he walked past the marathon on his way home from work, was one of the few who forgave Tsarnaev.

"I have forgiven him," he said.

"I have come to a place of peace and I genuinely hope that he does as well."

Mr Borgard said he had been "really deeply moved" by the apology.

As long as your name is mentioned, what will be remembered is the evil you've done.
    Judge George O'Toole
    Tsarnaev was found guilty of killing three people ? Martin Richard, 8, Chinese exchange student Lingzi Lu, 26, and restaurant manager Krystle Campbell, 29 ? and injuring 264 in the April 15, 2013, bombing near the finish line of the world-renowned race.

Three days later, Tsarnaev and his 26-year-old brother Tamerlan shot dead Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer Sean Collier, 26.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev died following a gunfight with police that ended when Dzhokhar ran him over with a car.

The same federal jury that convicted Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in April voted for the death penalty in May.

"I ask Allah to have mercy upon me, my brother and my family," he said.

"I ask Allah to bestow his mercy upon those who are here today."

Tsarnaev, who had been criticised by victims and Boston news media for his diffident, passive posture during his trial, said he had been moved by the months of testimony about the bombing's toll.

"You told me how horrendous this was, this burden that I put you through," Tsarnaev said.

Referring to the two dozen people who spoke on Wednesday, he said, "I wish that four more people had a chance to get up there, but I took them from you".

'You murdered and maimed innocent people'

The bombing was one of the highest-profile attacks on US soil since September 11, 2001.

"As long as your name is mentioned, what will be remembered is the evil you've done," US district judge George O'Toole told Tsarnaev before sentencing him to death by lethal injection.

I know life is hard, but the choices you made were despicable and what you did to my daughter was disgusting.
    Victim's mother Patricia Campbell
    "What will be remembered is that you murdered and maimed innocent people and that you did it wilfully and intentionally."

Tsarnaev spoke after two dozen people, including those who lost limbs and loved ones in the bombing, discussed the attack's toll on their lives.

Ms Campbell's mother, Patricia, called Tsarnaev's actions "despicable".

"You went down the wrong road," Ms Campbell said.

"I know life is hard, but the choices you made were despicable and what you did to my daughter was disgusting."

Rebekah Gregory, who lost her left leg on the blood-soaked April day, addressed Tsarnaev directly.

"Terrorists like you do two things in this world," Ms Gregory said.

"One, they create mass destruction, but the second is quite interesting.

"Because do you know what mass destruction really does?

"It brings people together. We are Boston strong and we are America strong, and choosing to mess with us was a terrible idea.

"How's that for your victim impact statement?"

Still from Boston Globe's bombing witness video
    PHOTO: Three people were killed when bombs exploded near the finish line of the 2013 Boston marathon. (The Boston Globe)
    During the trial, jurors saw videos of the bombs' blinding flashes and the chaotic aftermath as emergency workers and spectators rushed to aid the wounded, many of whom lost legs.

Federal prosecutors described the brothers as adherents of Al Qaeda's militant Islamist ideology who wanted to "punish America" with the attack on the race.

Tsarnaev's attorneys admitted their client had played a role in the attack but tried to portray him as the junior partner in a scheme hatched and driven by his older brother.

The Tsarnaev family came to the United States from Russia a decade before the attack.

Even after the sentencing, the legal wrangling over Tsarnaev's fate could play out for years, if not decades.

Just three of the 74 people sentenced to death in the United States for federal crimes since 1998 have been executed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-2...-death/6571516

Boston Marathon bombing survivor dies suddenly

http://fox8.com/2015/12/17/boston-ma...dies-suddenly/

BOLTON, Mass. ? Kevin White, 37, was injured during the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013 and on Thursday his family confirmed that he has died.

According to WCVB, White suffered two concussions, a perforated eardrum and several shrapnel wounds in the blast. He recovered and went on to run the Boston Marathon again in 2014 and 2015.

During the explosion, White?s parents were also injured. His father Bill had his right leg amputated above the knee and his mother, Mary Jo, broke her wrist and had shrapnel injuries.

White, a freelance consultant, had been an active fundraiser for others injured in the bombing.

His cause of death hasn?t been released.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Now the crazies are going to say that a "crisis actor was eliminated."
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information