Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    :huh:
    I was trying to quote Miller and hand coded the quote tag but wrote "group" instead of "quote". WTF, brain.

you said tit-illating.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    I was trying to quote Miller and hand coded the quote tag but wrote "group" instead of "quote". WTF, brain.

I thought you were making a Groupthink joke!

I think you have some good points Zee, and I'm not trying to beat you into agreeing with you. I just wish that those who have limited themselves to the Jodi thread and who think they're being painted with the same brush would brush off the label, ignore it, and if they really feel they're getting a bad rap - use the ignore feature that everyone talks some much about in the thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    Maybe it was because it was brought up in the Jodi thread, but I've seen several folks come over already. It's not a bad thing, don't get me wrong. However I have a stereotypical, generalized, opinion about trial watchers (myself included) that major televised trials tend to get attention from people regardless of the players. People who watched the Casey Anthony trial, watched the Scott Peterson, watched the Drew Peterson, watched the Jodi Arias will watch the Zimmerman.

And because Zimmerman is in Florida we have the added bonus of the sunshine laws.
    I'm sure there will be an influx of people, but it probably will not get crazy like the Jodi Arias thread did. This is just a guess! Don't Zimmerman me if I'm wrong!

[/lame attempt at crossover humor]
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

I think you have some good points Zee, and I'm not trying to beat you into agreeing with you. I just wish that those who have limited themselves to the Jodi thread and who think they're being painted with the same brush would brush off the label, ignore it, and if they really feel they're getting a bad rap - use the ignore feature that everyone talks some much about in the thread :)
    That would have been an awesome joke! Yeah, that's what I did! On purpose!

I will seriously think about posting that thread.

I'm sure there will be an influx of people, but it probably will not get crazy like the Jodi Arias thread did. This is just a guess! Don't Zimmerman me if I'm wrong!

I'll only Zimmerman you if you've got skittles and tea.

And I do have genuine concern for the thread becoming akin to the Jodi thread.

we're making progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

we're making progress.
    I know I'm making excellent progress on procrastinating on writing my paper!

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Can I write fan fiction about it?
    as long as its super creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I could be wrong, but I don't think that will happen. People are really into this trial for many reasons; the Zimmerman trial just isn't as titillating.
    Matter of opinion. Zimmerman trail is much more interesting to me.

Even though that thread kind of turned me off to the whole case. I haven't watched one minute of the trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Matter of opinion. Zimmerman trail is much more interesting to me.

Even though that thread kind of turned me off to the whole case. I haven't watched one minute of the trial.
    I think that, in terms of interesting, the Jodi Arias trial and case has interesting factors to it. I don't think it's 'the most watched around the world' as it is being touted. 3 Jurors have been excused in the 5 months of the tiral, which to me is interesting. The fact that she was on the stand for 18 days is interesting - not as much of the content but the length.

There are other factors but that's not the point. I find trials interesting. There are aspects of the Jodi thread and overall online discussions that have turned me off. But I still follow the trial news.

I absolutely find the Zimmerman case interesting.

I think that, in terms of interesting, the Jodi Arias trial and case has interesting factors to it. I don't think it's 'the most watched around the world' as it is being touted. 3 Jurors have been excused in the 5 months of the tiral, which to me is interesting. The fact that she was on the stand for 18 days is interesting - not as much of the content but the length.

There are other factors but that's not the point. I find trials interesting. There are aspects of the Jodi thread and overall online discussions that have turned me off. But I still follow the trial news.

I also don't think she did the shit, so the whole thing is a sham to me.

I know I'm making excellent progress on procrastinating on writing my paper!

Good job!

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Maybe it was because it was brought up in the Jodi thread, but I've seen several folks come over already. It's not a bad thing, don't get me wrong. However I have a stereotypical, generalized, opinion about trial watchers (myself included) that major televised trials tend to get attention from people regardless of the players. People who watched the Casey Anthony trial, watched the Scott Peterson, watched the Drew Peterson, watched the Jodi Arias will watch the Zimmerman.

And because Zimmerman is in Florida we have the added bonus of the sunshine laws.
    Part of the curiosity, attraction, interest, obsession with the State v. Arias may be that there is so much that is unknown. I have wished several times that AZ had Sunshine Laws simply because of that. I want to read those damned texts and emails in their completeness Plus the fact that it's a DP case where the defendant spent eighteen days on the stand with all of her bizarre personality on display making up lies as she went along. It's like a bad car crash, you don't want to look as you drive by but you can't help yourself and then the next thing you know you're at home googling it.

I didn't follow the Anthony/Peterson (Drew or Scott) cases except for the verdicts. I will cop to reading Jeff Ashton's book on the Anthony case.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

I also don't think she did the shit, so the whole thing is a sham to me.
    I know that false confessions happen all the time. I also know that people cover for others. But without being the flippant Ron I know and love, can you give me a thought out response (that doesn't (just) include "she's a weak woman") reason as to why you think that? I've never heard your reasons and would like to know them. I don't understand why someone would go through all of this (the investigation, trial, ect) and conceal the involvement of another and take the blame if they did not do it.

I know that false confessions happen all the time. I also know that people cover for others. But without being the flippant Ron I know and love, can you give me a thought out response (that doesn't (just) include "she's a weak woman") reason as to why you think that? I've never heard your reasons and would like to know them. I don't understand why someone would go through all of this (the investigation, trial, ect) and conceal the involvement of another and take the blame if they did not do it.
    That's enough for me.

If a cat were on trial for a drive by shooting, I'd be like "It's a fucking cat. How would a cat do it?"
    I don't see why I'd have to explain why a cat can't do it.

See, that's the thing. There's already a Chit-Chat thread in the community. Having a Jodi Chit-Chat in the Jodi subforum just gives the impression, at least to me, that those who are involved in the Jodi thread(s) don't want to be a part of the MDS community as a whole. Why not chit-chat in the already available chit-chat thread, and get to know posters who aren't in the Jodi subforum? Why not allow them to see you (the general you) in a non-Jodi context? I saw someone mention a pet loss, holy shit do you know how much MDS members go full force sympathy over that? Pet thread, hello! I think there's even a pet loss thread! I makes zero sense and affirms a lack of desire to be a part of the community.

Yes, I've seen many a time people post "Well, I've read other posts...." ok, you mean to tell me that of ALL the available threads on this forum not a single one has presented a topic that you would post to that does not have some relation to the Jodi Arias case? Not one? Does that mean when the verdict comes in and the dust settles post verdict and/or sentencing you're going to peace out? If that's the case, then this is part of the frustration (I believe) for a lot of people in the fact that valuable resources (not only MOD/Admin time, but serve space and site slowness ect) are used for a thread, where people are not going to give back to the community as a whole. That's, to me, quite frankly - insulting. Because this is MDS, not Jodi Arias Land.
    This. I have seen several members in the JA thread say that they won't be around once the trial is over. This immediately makes me not want to respond to them. When they are just admitting they won't have anything to do with the site as a whole, then what's the point? It's frustrating when the Thread became what it was with so many people causing problems for mods and admin.
    I'm honestly tired of the chit chat atmosphere in there. So many posts that have nothing to do with the trial.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar

I won't Zimmerman you...Jodi Arias though...I might do that to you.
    That's enough for me.

If a cat were on trial for a drive by shooting, I'd be like "It's a fucking cat. How would a cat do it?"
    Fucking Ron dude, a cat?!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    This. I have seen several members in the JA thread say that they won't be around once the trial is over. This immediately makes me not want to respond to them. When they are just admitting they won't have anything to do with the site as a whole, then what's the point? It's frustrating when the Thread became what it was with so many people causing problems for mods and admin.
    I'm honestly tired of the chit chat atmosphere in there. So many posts that have nothing to do with the trial.
    Right? I don't think I could have said that better. Some of the Jodi posters are great and I would love them to stick around. And it's the same people who have made problems for mods and admins (rep suspension, hello?) who complain about how all the regulars don't like them and they wonder why they even post in that thread. Like because some of the JA posters don't know how to play on the internet and some people here don't like that, then the people that don't like it should just stay away from the entire thread. I almost get a sense of entitlement regarding that thread from some of the people in there. Like they own the fucking thread.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Fucking Ron dude, a cat?!
    That's how silly it seems to me.

That's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    Saw that in the Animals thread
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Good job!
    I get double procrastination points - I convinced husband to go out to dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Part of the curiosity, attraction, interest, obsession with the State v. Arias may be that there is so much that is unknown. I have wished several times that AZ had Sunshine Laws simply because of that. I want to read those damned texts and emails in their completeness Plus the fact that it's a DP case where the defendant spent eighteen days on the stand with all of her bizarre personality on display making up lies as she went along. It's like a bad car crash, you don't want to look as you drive by but you can't help yourself and then the next thing you know you're at home googling it.

I didn't follow the Anthony/Peterson (Drew or Scott) cases except for the verdicts. I will cop to reading Jeff Ashton's book on the Anthony case.
    I came into the Anthony trial late and missed both Peterson trials - so am reading up on them now. The Anthony trial sparked my enjoyment of watching trials for the law aspect of it all.

As for the interesting aspects of this trial you have named several portions that can be very interesting. I think not always knowing everything can be a good thing, however. For me it almost helps form a more well rounded opinion on the matter.

That's enough for me.

But if a dog killed someone, on it's own, you'd say kill the fucker?

Just sayin'

But seriously. Females are not the frail little butterflies you think they are Ron. I know you don't want to believe that this is the truth, but if that were really the case: don't you think that would be the argument being made? It has been made previously in case when a woman was charged and the defense said "she's too small/weak, she can't carry him." And so they brought in a dummy and had a demonstration done.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Right? I don't think I could have said that better. Some of the Jodi posters are great and I would love them to stick around. And it's the same people who have made problems for mods and admins (rep suspension, hello?) who complain about how all the regulars don't like them and they wonder why they even post in that thread. Like because some of the JA posters don't know how to play on the internet and some people here don't like that, then the people that don't like it should just stay away from the entire thread. I almost get a sense of entitlement regarding that thread from some of the people in there. Like they own the fucking thread.
    All of this and a bag of chips.

That's how silly it seems to me.
    I'm going to say that I have to agree that your 'argument' is weak as shit Ron. It's pretty much up there with people who say Trayvon had a hand in the Zimmerman situation because he was black.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    Yah, that was brilliant timing on J's part - great crossover.

i don't know why coconuts posts annoy me so much. i feel like i enjoyed his posts for a minute but then something took it a step too far and colored my opinion of him. now i have a hard time with his posts because.... i don't know really. i just do. it's very possible that i'm in the wrong, but you can't help feelings with out some serious soul searching, and i'm not about to do that right now.

if you have read the other threads, you'll find that humor abounds. it's a different type of humor though. like... i do
    n't really like to read all of the negative humor coming out of the jodi forum. i find a lot of it is mean spirited. i don't personally like to read the body/looks bashing. i don't like erotic storylines. but i do like a lot of the humor. i think it's funny when someone cleverly points out how crazy and irrational jodi is and what a liar she is. i like the 'dear diaries', and although she throws in an appearance joke now and then, they are used well and serve to emphasize other concepts in the letters. i also like mjoys posts. i really like that i can easily find mjoys posts because they're in the appropriately titled section.

brillig - i think your contributions are pretty great in this context. i don't know it in the context of the jodi thread because i don't have time to wade through all the pages. i don't recall disliking your posts from what i've read, and this is why i don't understand why you identify so strongly with the 'jodi nuts'. if i can't handle going through x-amount of posts to find the diamond in the rough, i'm never going to find the diamond because it's just not worth it. i'd like to see your contributions, but i won't because they are contained in one thread.
    I have read a lot of other threads on MDS and I can agree with you. The Jodi thread moves so fast at times that multi-quote is thrown out the door. I personally like when things move at a level where you can follow with ease. That is where I first found the original Jodi thread. I figured it would continue to be the same but when the trial actually got started, things changed. I was so brought in by all the intellect of initial posters, they seemed to have so much knowledge and brought in so much evidence that I was hooked. The picture of Travis body missing and just the blood in the shower had to be the first time I had ever seen it. The old thread seemed more conventional but then the trial started. Now, everyday, there is more evidence and more testimony. The thread moves at an amazing pace. I still see merit in following it, there are some great people in there if you give them a chance. Coconut is the resident devils advocate, which I am sure you can relate to. It's the one guy/gal that thinks that Zimmerman is innocent. You hate to think that someone could think that but in the same breath, it provides some intrigue. The memes are not always as funny as I would hope for but I just skip them and go on to the next post.

See, I agree with you. I find the whole trial aspect interesting. I am not an attorney but I find this whole process to be fascinating. The Arias trial has so much evidence, whether it be photos, texts, video or even Jodi up on the podium to testify! I do find the Trayvon Martin case to be interesting and I will chime in, as long as I am not held "accountable" for being in the "Jodi" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    I have read a lot of other threads on MDS and I can agree with you. The Jodi thread moves so fast at times that multi-quote is thrown out the door. I personally like when things move at a level where you can follow with ease. That is where I first found the original Jodi thread. I figured it would continue to be the same but when the trial actually got started, things changed. I was so brought in by all the intellect of initial posters, they seemed to have so much knowledge and brought in so much evidence that I was hooked. The picture of Travis body missing and just the blood in the shower had to be the first time I had ever seen it. The old thread seemed more conventional but then the trial started. Now, everyday, there is more evidence and more testimony. The thread moves at an amazing pace. I still see merit in following it, there are some great people in there if you give them a chance. Coconut is the resident devils advocate, which I am sure you can relate to. It's the one guy/gal that thinks that Zimmerman is innocent. You hate to think that someone could think that but in the same breath, it provides some intrigue. The memes are not always as funny as I would hope for but I just skip them and go on to the next post.
    I am rather fond of playing the Devil's Advocate role. I used to play it on WS in the Morgan case and got shouted down pretty heavily because they thought, instead of playing DA, I was just a sympathizer. While I know this can be the case to Coconut, I more often than not see attempts at being funny that just, well, aren't - at least to me. Yucking it up about setting up a Juror to get drunk and get a DUI (which isn't fucking funny, I don't care who you are), as a sekrit Nurmi PI? Not funny. Even less funny when you drag Donovan into it. And I really find the insistence of trial related fan fic to be appalling. I'll say it again: have some respect. (that was directed at those participating and encouraging - if you're not in that category please to be unbunching of thy panties :) )

See, I agree with you. I find the whole trial aspect interesting. I am not an attorney but I find this whole process to be fascinating. The Arias trial has so much evidence, whether it be photos, texts, video or even Jodi up on the podium to testify! I do find the Trayvon Martin case to be interesting and I will chime in, as long as I am not held "accountable" for being in the "Jodi" thread.
    I'm a big court fan. I just was in court this week as part of an assignment for my law class. I posted about it in chit-chat....the nonJodi chit-chat. It was great! I plan on going back. I'm additionally participating in what's called Citizen Academy through my local PD, and had a Circuit Judge in this week to talk to us about the trial procedures as well as search warrants. I think this case has a lot of interesting aspects but I think one of the reasons it's been picked up by HLN is the lying, the sex, because she's a pretty white girl, and the photos. Aside from that: there's not a whole lot special about it - but that doesn't make it any less interesting!

I do hope you join the Trayvon thread. As I've said, no one is branded with threads they've participated in. They're not even branded with past behavior (right Neens?) But current behavior will be responded to accordingly.

*checks sturdiness of soapbox* Good, still holdin up!

I'm a big court fan. I just was in court this week as part of an assignment for my law class. I posted about it in chit-chat....the nonJodi chit-chat. It was great! I plan on going back. I'm additionally participating in what's called Citizen Academy through my local PD, and had a Circuit Judge in this week to talk to us about the trial procedures as well as search warrants. I think this case has a lot of interesting aspects but I think one of the reasons it's been picked up by HLN is the lying, the sex, because she's a pretty white girl, and the photos. Aside from that: there's not a whole lot special about it - but that doesn't make it any less interesting!

I took in the Arias trial in person about 2 weeks ago. It is in no way like what you see on streaming video or youtube. It makes me want to go down to the courtroom on a random day and just pop in on whatever case might be going on. It was fascinating! I don't want to ever get Into law, not that it's bad, I just think that watching real-life trial has its merits over the sensationalist view that everyone gets on tv and in movies.
    Last edited by faq_q; 04-28-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Thread Information