Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 271

Thread: Fan Fiction

  1. #51
    Senior Member animosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,492
    Rep Power
    21474860
    now this... this is entertainment!

    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

  2. #52
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,990
    Rep Power
    21474951
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Again, (with the exception of coconut ) nobody is really writing fan fic. I don't know what is so puzzling about people being fascinated with a murder trial on a site called My Death Space.

    I never got the fascination with the Morgan thread, but I also understood that I wasn't really posting in there so I couldn't really "get" it.

    Yes, this trial has brought out some crazies! But it has also brought out some really nice people who happen to be fascinated with a televised murder trial and a murderer who comes off as sweet as can be but is capable of stabbing someone she purportedly loves 29 times, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head. Again, don't see what's so confusing about that.
    No one is confused as to why people are interested. What we're confused by is why this is the first time the rep system had to be shut down, rules need to be pinned, multiple posts are reported over hurt feelings, adults can't listen to reason, a sub-forum for tomfoolery is made, posters refuse to be moderated, and the thread needs to be constantly locked.

    To be honest I don't see how you can find any of this the least bit sane.

    Yes, people have shown an interest over something here before, but up until this point the posters are usually sane adults and not whiny crybabies that refuse to obey the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  3. #53
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,954
    Rep Power
    21474866
    I would also like to touch base on the comment of the morbidity of this site and how can fan fiction be so offending.

    Yes, in some threads there is an element of humor there or given. Some deaths are the kinds of situations where it's almost comical. Like, shit like that just doesn't happen, kind of stuff. Comedy in death is a normal reaction to those kinds of stories. But even with punchlines, no one is disrespectful or spending too much time out of their life to make meme's, need an entire off topic thread of your own in a whole new sub-forum, and insist on ignoring the rules of the board you love to come to so much. Being said that we are a site that revolves around death, family members do find these threads. We might be discussing or trying to understand a death with no jokes and some family members still feel hurt we even discuss them.

    Just imagine Travis' family, his friends. I would seriously hate to have anyone come to this board and think this is how we behave, that we think trials and murder is funny. That we make 100000 shitty meme's making fun of someone death. We don't make up stories or erotica about the people involved. We don't do this here, and honestly I don't think anyone who really knows this board would want to be associated with that kind of behavior.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  4. #54
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    No one is confused as to why people are interested. What we're confused by is why this is the first time the rep system had to be shut down, rules need to be pinned, multiple posts are reported over hurt feelings, adults can't listen to reason, a sub-forum for tomfoolery is made, posters refuse to be moderated, and the thread needs to be constantly locked.

    To be honest I don't see how you can find any of this the least bit sane.

    Yes, people have shown an interest over something here before, but up until this point the posters are usually sane adults and not whiny crybabies that refuse to obey the rules.
    This. All. of. this.

    I was really enthusiastic about the Jodi trial. Several of us even have a private group on facebook to discuss the case. I don't think there is anything wrong with being interested. It's an interesting case. There's a difference between interest and obsessiveness. I've been on mds since the very beginning and have been here longer than almost anyone and I've never seen so many people act so fucking nuts on here. Even just the way the mods have been treated is disgusting.

  5. #55
    Senior Member of_corpse_not's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    I never heard of it either
    Posts
    1,623
    Rep Power
    21474843
    whats goin on in here?

  6. #56
    Senior Member jessielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Your mothers house
    Posts
    3,245
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Again, (with the exception of coconut ) nobody is really writing fan fic. I don't know what is so puzzling about people being fascinated with a murder trial on a site called My Death Space.

    I never got the fascination with the Morgan thread, but I also understood that I wasn't really posting in there so I couldn't really "get" it.

    Yes, this trial has brought out some crazies! But it has also brought out some really nice people who happen to be fascinated with a televised murder trial and a murderer who comes off as sweet as can be but is capable of stabbing someone she purportedly loves 29 times, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head. Again, don't see what's so confusing about that.
    Honestly Zeebee, I had a whole response to this before you even posted it typed out and I deleted it because I just didnt want to fan flames. But since you brought up a lot of what was in my post Ill just hit the key notes.
    1) this is the fan fic thread. If coconut wants to have at it, have at it. Thats what its for, thats why its here. I dont care one way or the other, I just think he/she has a few issues.
    2) Im not bitching about people being fascinated with a murder trial. Im bothered by the fact that it seems to be the only thinkg that gives these people meaning in their lives. I too was once interested, until the mental ward showed up and made following anything relevant impossible. also, the constant references to JA in areas where it has nothing to do with even remotely sucks. example: "I made dinner last night it was good. I jodi ariased the shit out of my plate."
    3) yes we have gained some pretty decent members that we wouldn't have otherwise, But for every 1 cool member, there's like 20 whackadoos.

    that was really all, I just didnt want anyone to think Im constantly bitching about this place, because Im not. I came in out of curiosity, same with the meme thread. I just didnt find anything to be particularly funny. That's all, but its not ruling my life. I never even think about it outside mds. I know how to ignore and I know how to stay out of threads I don't want to be in. Im just adding to the conversation. My opinion. Nothing more.

    ETA: Ron and Greens. Nailed it. Exactly.
    Last edited by jessielee; 04-22-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: give props where props was due

  7. #57
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367475
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    I would also like to touch base on the comment of the morbidity of this site and how can fan fiction be so offending.

    Yes, in some threads there is an element of humor there or given. Some deaths are the kinds of situations where it's almost comical. Like, shit like that just doesn't happen, kind of stuff. Comedy in death is a normal reaction to those kinds of stories. But even with punchlines, no one is disrespectful or spending too much time out of their life to make meme's, need an entire off topic thread of your own in a whole new sub-forum, and insist on ignoring the rules of the board you love to come to so much. Being said that we are a site that revolves around death, family members do find these threads. We might be discussing or trying to understand a death with no jokes and some family members still feel hurt we even discuss them.

    Just imagine Travis' family, his friends. I would seriously hate to have anyone come to this board and think this is how we behave, that we think trials and murder is funny. That we make 100000 shitty meme's making fun of someone death. We don't make up stories or erotica about the people involved. We don't do this here, and honestly I don't think anyone who really knows this board would want to be associated with that kind of behavior.
    Again, nobody is writing Fan Fic except coconut who thinks he's hilarious. I don't. Lots of other people don't. If the mods found him offensive, they could certainly do something about it, like say hey, that's disgusting, no fan fic or you will be banned. But instead, he pretty much got his own thread here. I had no control over that, nor do I have any control over the ridiculousness that he posts. I'm not a mod.

    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    This. All. of. this.

    I was really enthusiastic about the Jodi trial. Several of us even have a private group on facebook to discuss the case. I don't think there is anything wrong with being interested. It's an interesting case. There's a difference between interest and obsessiveness. I've been on mds since the very beginning and have been here longer than almost anyone and I've never seen so many people act so fucking nuts on here. Even just the way the mods have been treated is disgusting.
    The thread has attracted lots of crazies. Yes, it's true. Lots of nutters are attracted to that thread and have been causing all kinds of problems. Why? I'm not sure - perhaps because there aren't as many outlets for posting about the trial as there were for other trial, like the Casey Anthony trial, which I think had more notoriety. Maybe because the length of the trial, it's pulled in more people as it's gone along. I don't know.

    BUT to lump everyone who is interested in the trial in with all the crazies who are causing all of the problems is not fair. Personally, I use the ignore button pretty liberally. And if I were a mod, I would be banning people left and right.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  8. #58
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367475
    Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    Honestly Zeebee, I had a whole response to this before you even posted it typed out and I deleted it because I just didnt want to fan flames. But since you brought up a lot of what was in my post Ill just hit the key notes.
    1) this is the fan fic thread. If coconut wants to have at it, have at it. Thats what its for, thats why its here. I dont care one way or the other, I just think he/she has a few issues.
    Oh, I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    2) Im not bitching about people being fascinated with a murder trial. Im bothered by the fact that it seems to be the only thinkg that gives these people meaning in their lives. I too was once interested, until the mental ward showed up and made following anything relevant impossible. also, the constant references to JA in areas where it has nothing to do with even remotely sucks. example: "I made dinner last night it was good. I jodi ariased the shit out of my plate."
    The bolded is weird, I have not experienced this IRL. Nobody I know is even watching the trial.

    Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    3) yes we have gained some pretty decent members that we wouldn't have otherwise, But for every 1 cool member, there's like 20 whackadoos.

    that was really all, I just didnt want anyone to think Im constantly bitching about this place, because Im not. I came in out of curiosity, same with the meme thread. I just didnt find anything to be particularly funny. That's all, but its not ruling my life. I never even think about it outside mds. I know how to ignore and I know how to stay out of threads I don't want to be in. Im just adding to the conversation. My opinion. Nothing more.
    Fair enough.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  9. #59
    Moderator bowieluva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    65,549
    Rep Power
    21474913
    No one is saying everyone in that thread is crazy, although I would say 99% of the sane members or people who just know how to use the INternet have bowed out.

    I'm trying to be nice but the bannings have started and will continue as people mouth off and refuse to obey rules.

    I created this thread because SEVERAL PEOPLE were discussing fan fiction in that thread or the potential for writing it. I personally don't get it AT ALL and think it's pretty fucking creepy. There is a huge difference, as lame as I find all fan fiction, about writing your own 'episodes' about fictional people and writing it about a real life trial. This thread was started as a joke. Please see my initial posting.

  10. #60
    Senior Member coconut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dildo with a heart of gold
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    21390850
    For any of you morally sanctified old-timers who have had their delicate sensibilities disturbed, be my guest and stop reading or worrying this thread. We'll know from your absence just how much more refined your sense of humor is, and how far you are above the filthy commoners obsessed with the Jodi trial.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    No one is confused as to why people are interested. What we're confused by is why this is the first time the rep system had to be shut down...
    This has fuck all to do with fan fiction.

    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    I was really enthusiastic about the Jodi trial. Several of us even have a private group on facebook to discuss the case. I don't think there is anything wrong with being interested. It's an interesting case. There's a difference between interest and obsessiveness. I've been on mds since the very beginning and have been here longer than almost anyone and I've never seen so many people act so fucking nuts on here. Even just the way the mods have been treated is disgusting.
    What a lovely story about your feelings. Congratulations on your impressive tenure on the forum. What the fuck does it have to do with fan fiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    that was really all, I just didnt want anyone to think Im constantly bitching about this place, because Im not. I came in out of curiosity, same with the meme thread. I just didnt find anything to be particularly. That's all, but its not ruling my life. I never even think about it outside mds. I know how to ignore and I know how to stay out of threads I don't want to be in. Im just adding to the conversation. My opinion. Nothing more.
    One of the funnier replies. Highlighted for irony. You care so little that you wrote a few paragraphs about how little you care. Looking forward to your reply... !

    Zeebee, no need to quote your post, just a big fuck off if you don't like what I have to write. You don't have to read it but obviously you do, so...

  11. #61
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367475
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I'm trying to be nice but the bannings have started and will continue as people mouth off and refuse to obey rules.
    Thank you!
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  12. #62
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,954
    Rep Power
    21474866
    You catch more flies with honey..

    Coconut, you are showing signs of crazy. Please to be checking yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  13. #63
    Moderator bowieluva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    65,549
    Rep Power
    21474913
    To be fair, everyone is being an asshole to coconut.

  14. #64
    Senior Member jessielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Your mothers house
    Posts
    3,245
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post

    The bolded is weird, I have not experienced this IRL. Nobody I know is even watching the trial.
    Im not talking about in real life, Im talking about here. Im talking about people referencing her in other threads that have nothing t do with her or even the same subject. Granted my example was lame, but I was just trying to point out the actual irrelevance of it all. I guess a better example would be the thread in which a 9 year old girl committed suicide and one of the loonier of the newbs posted "well, its a good thing she died before she turned into another Jodi." The issue had nothing to do with that or even close, yet there she was in all her glory being brought up like it was some everyday slang word. shes been mentioned in the Boston thread, and countless other threads that are in no way related. If you bring up a murderer in another murder thread, okay. when you bring it up in a thread about a young girls suicide, a bombing thread or a thread about puppies, its a little weird and obsessive.

    Am I making a bit more sense? I tend to stumble on my points until its just word vomit, so I apologize. I'm not confused about the fascination, Just the over obsessiveness.

  15. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    2356125
    ...
    Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 12:23 PM.

  16. #66
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,954
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    To be fair, everyone is being an asshole to coconut.
    I think I have expressed myself in a productive way as opposed to the kind of things you know we all could say. I also don't think this is a matter of being picked on. Like Jessie said, this is a forum and not everyone is going to like what others say. I think Coconut might feel more picked on because, well, we don't get off on real trials like this. It's just a bit disturbing.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  17. #67
    Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cray Cray Town
    Posts
    6,904
    Rep Power
    21474849
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    I don't find your sense of humor to be even remotely funny. The fact that a subforum had to be created to add nonsensical bullshit like this is even less funny. You add nothing of value to the discussions here, and your attempts to garner laughs are lost among 90% of the people who read your posts. The only reason people are semi-agreeing with the crap you post now is because they fear the Jodi thread being shut down again.

    So, this is the part where I say "QUEEEEEEEEF" and hope it serves some sort of funny purpose. If not, at least I can hope for more reps.
    +1. Queef.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Again, (with the exception of coconut ) nobody is really writing fan fic. I don't know what is so puzzling about people being fascinated with a murder trial on a site called My Death Space.

    I never got the fascination with the Morgan thread, but I also understood that I wasn't really posting in there so I couldn't really "get" it.

    Yes, this trial has brought out some crazies! But it has also brought out some really nice people who happen to be fascinated with a televised murder trial and a murderer who comes off as sweet as can be but is capable of stabbing someone she purportedly loves 29 times, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head. Again, don't see what's so confusing about that.
    I like you zeebee, and I certainly don't think that anything is directed at you regarding that thread. There are a few old timers that are interested in the trial and have posted in the thread as well, myself included. (Although, I'm not really an old timer...just not a noob anymore) But as Ron said, the fact that reps had to be shut down because some of these people don't know how to act like grown ups is ridiculous.

    I'll still keep up with the trial until it's over, but this fan fiction stuff weirds me the fuck out. And I agree that coconut thinks he's hilarious but really is annoying as shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

  18. #68
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,990
    Rep Power
    21474951
    Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    I wish I would have known that before I upgraded and paid for premium membership.
    This is exactly the point. You know there are other threads, right?

    It's a whole forum yo have access to, not just that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  19. #69
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,954
    Rep Power
    21474866
    Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    I wish I would have known that before I upgraded and paid for premium membership.
    Huh?


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  20. #70
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367475
    Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    Im not talking about in real life, Im talking about here. Im talking about people referencing her in other threads that have nothing t do with her or even the same subject. Granted my example was lame, but I was just trying to point out the actual irrelevance of it all. I guess a better example would be the thread in which a 9 year old girl committed suicide and one of the loonier of the newbs posted "well, its a good thing she died before she turned into another Jodi." The issue had nothing to do with that or even close, yet there she was in all her glory being brought up like it was some everyday slang word. shes been mentioned in the Boston thread, and countless other threads that are in no way related. If you bring up a murderer in another murder thread, okay. when you bring it up in a thread about a young girls suicide, a bombing thread or a thread about puppies, its a little weird and obsessive.

    Am I making a bit more sense? I tend to stumble on my points until its just word vomit, so I apologize. I'm not confused about the fascination, Just the over obsessiveness.
    Yes, that makes sense and I can see how that is annoying. Luckily, this trial will end some day (I hope!) and most of these types of newbs will forget about all of this and go on their merry way to obsess about something else.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  21. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    2356125
    ...
    Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 12:24 PM.

  22. #72
    Senior Member zeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    5,954
    Rep Power
    21367475
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I like you zeebee, and I certainly don't think that anything is directed at you regarding that thread. There are a few old timers that are interested in the trial and have posted in the thread as well, myself included. (Although, I'm not really an old timer...just not a noob anymore) But as Ron said, the fact that reps had to be shut down because some of these people don't know how to act like grown ups is ridiculous.

    I'll still keep up with the trial until it's over, but this fan fiction stuff weirds me the fuck out. And I agree that coconut thinks he's hilarious but really is annoying as shit.
    Fair enough. I just get annoyed when it sounds like people are saying that anyone who wants to post in the Jodi Arias thread is nuts. Carry on!
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

  23. #73
    Senior Member jessielee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Your mothers house
    Posts
    3,245
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    For any of you morally sanctified old-timers who have had their delicate sensibilities disturbed, be my guest and stop reading or worrying this thread. We'll know from your absence just how much more refined your sense of humor is, and how far you are above the filthy commoners obsessed with the Jodi trial.

    One of the funnier replies. Highlighted for irony. You care so little that you wrote a few paragraphs about how little you care. Looking forward to your reply... !
    I actually said I didn't give a shit outside of mds. Again, I was adding to the conversation, which is what a forum is used for. Also, I have said I think 3 times now, to continue with your writing if that's what you would like because that's why the thread is here. I think you have a few issues and I'm sure some people here think that I do too and they wouldn't be wrong. In fact, many people here have a few issues. Continue to fly your freak flag. I'm not offended. I didn't read the whole thing because I couldn't really follow it. And I apologize if I was a dick to you, but being a fan fic writer, you are not a stranger to dickery I'm sure.

  24. #74
    Senior Member leapfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    13,546
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    What point? That since I post in that thread I am crazy? And just because I don't post in other threads, doesn't mean I don't read them. I wasn't really impressed with the animal bashing in one that I recently read.
    Animal bashing? Normally people around here are willing to kill off people if it will save a puppy. Nobody is saying that everyone posting in that thread is crazy. It's a few people spoiling it for everyone else.

  25. #75
    Moderator bowieluva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    65,549
    Rep Power
    21474913
    Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    I wish I would have known that before I upgraded and paid for premium membership.
    Was that a threat? Because the number one thing I am going to be banning people for is thinking that premium membership gives them a right to free reign!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •