Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 of the Strangest Deaths Ever

15 of the Strangest Deaths Ever

This was really neat:

http://likes.com/weird/15-of-the-str...age=15%3C/a%3E

The number 1 deaths (The nine hikers from the Dyatlov Pass incident) is CRAZY. I had never heard of this.

Here's more about that particular death:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

I've never heard of that either. Good read.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Wow that is crazy. #1 sounds like the Blair Witch.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Wow that is crazy. #1 sounds like the Blair Witch.
    Right?! Like a radioactive Blair Witch. Sooo weird.

It was talked about on ancient aliens. They, of course, think it was aliens.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Nice find. Wtf @ #1

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    It was talked about on ancient aliens. They, of course, think it was aliens.

I knew I had heard of it somewhere. I thought maybe it was considered a possible Yeti attack though, not aliens. Someone call Bobo!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Nice find. Wtf @ #1
    That shit gets even weirder:
    http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/0...pass-incident/

The investigators also saw that the branches of the old pine had been snapped off up to a height of almost 15-feet.
    Forensic tests later confirmed that traces of skin were found embedded in the bark, indicating that the pair had frantically attempted to climb the tree, snapping off branches until their hands were mass of pulpy flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    This was really neat:

http://likes.com/weird/15-of-the-str...age=15%3C/a%3E

The number 1 deaths (The nine hikers from the Dyatlov Pass incident) is CRAZY. I had never heard of this.

Here's more about that particular death:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident
    Wow. I really enjoyed some of the older, less known stories (how big WAS that vat of molasses). The story of the 2 Canadian girls still makes me wonder.

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Venus2B View Post
    Wow. I really enjoyed some of the older, less known stories (how big WAS that vat of molasses). The story of the 2 Canadian girls still makes me wonder.
    I'm pretty sure there's a thread on here about the Canadian chicks because I don't know why else I would know that story.

AHA!

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ng-insecticide

Ooer I love this type of stuff.

This is fascinating.

Seriously the most interesting thing I've read lately to contemplate. I wish this was studied further.

Now, THIS is an interesting thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    This is fascinating.

Seriously the most interesting thing I've read lately to contemplate. I wish this was studied further.
    Yeah, i read about it instead of working today....it's so X Files.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    This is fascinating.

I agree. My mind is blown. I called everyone & was like "YOU GOTTA HEAR ABOUT THIS" I can't believe it's not a more popular story.

There was a documentary made about it just this year, I'm totally getting it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1905040/

I mean, the one girl was missing her tongue. Missing. Her. Fucking. Tongue.

I've read bits and pieces of the links posted, and I hope this doesn't sound simple minded, but could they have stumbled across an active or abandoned test sight? Everything, for me, points to a small nuclear blast of some kind, no?

Ah! I see this was covered in Bowie's last link:

MILITARY EXPERIMENT GONE AWRY:

This conjecture supposes that the Soviet government was conducting a highly classified test of an unknown weapon on the secluded slopes of Kholat-Syakhl and that — either by intention or accident — the ski team fell prey to this monstrously powerful weapon.

One of the biggest proponents of this theory was the only surviving member of the team, Yudin. Yudin believed that his friends inadvertently entered a covert military testing ground and had paid for it with their lives. He speculated that this was why the military had been so secretive about the investigation and that it also explained his comrades’ irradiated clothing.

After all of the evidence had been collected, the searchers asked for Yudin’s help in identifying who the objects found at the site belonged to. He said that he saw in the mix of his friend’s possessions a torn swathe of fabric that resembled a piece of a soldier’s coat as well as a pair of glasses and skis that had not belonged to any of the team members.

This proof — combined with the fact that Yudin testified to seeing documents that indicated the actual investigation had begun two weeks before the camp’s “official” discovery — compelled him to claim that the military had discovered the camp before the volunteer search party arrived. Yudin also claimed that he knew for a fact that: “there were special boxes with their organs sent for examination,” but this was not reflected in any of the papers that were released.

Be that as it may, the fact remains that the search party found no indication on any explosion on or near the campsite at Kholat-Syakhl. There is also no record of any missile launches in the region, but even in the 21st Century records of clandestine Soviet military operations are still few and far between.

But if we’re dealing with a hazardous unidentified weapon there’s no reason to assume it was explosive. Perhaps there was a bacteriological or chemical spray released that resulted in their panic and eventual demise. A few have even suggested, due to the haphazard method they used in building the fire, that they were blinded by a bright flash, but most researchers do not agree with this assumption

There are also some who believe that it might have been some kind of experimental sonic weapon that employed Infrasound, which has been known to cause feelings from dread to outright panic in humans. Since this sound is inaudible in a classic sense, many people who have been subjected to Infrasound experiments claim to feel that some manner of paranormal force is at work.

This would frankly explain a lot, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s absolutely no proof to support this assumption. Bringing this back down to Earth… literally… there are those who feel that the team may well have surrendered to…
    I think I read in another article that some (or all) had high levels of nuclear whatever. That coupled with the internal but no external injuries ("like getting hit by a car") makes a seismic blast all that more possible to me.
    Last edited by strmmrgrrl; 04-03-2013 at 05:27 AM.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Yeah seriously, wtf with #1 lol.
    Off to spend hours reading about it...

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    I've read bits and pieces of the links posted, and I hope this doesn't sound simple minded, but could they have stumbled across an active or abandoned test sight? Everything, for me, points to a small nuclear blast of some kind, no?

Ah! I see this was covered in Bowie's last link:

I think I read in another article that some (or all) had high levels of nuclear whatever. That coupled with the internal but no external injuries ("like getting hit by a car") makes a seismic blast all that more possible to me.
    I think this as well. Its no secret government agencies conduct wacky secret experiments and really, how else do you test weaponry of that sort? I think the Infrasound thing is probably pretty likely. not to mention the fact that shit was missing out of the files. That shit was the fucking Military, so we will NEVER know what happened?

Still doesn't explain the missing tongue, though. Unless she bit it off herself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths

some interesting ones there too

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    Still doesn't explain the missing tongue, though. Unless she bit it off herself.
    Nope, and the one article said that it was ripped out "from the root" ?! Like, not a clean slice, but actually ripped from her mouth, and there were NO other footprints, animal tracks, nothing. Sooo weird. I'm still reading about it. I'll post more if I find anything else.

It's just so weird that 6 died from hypothermia, and the other 3 were traumatic injuries. Like, wouldn't they all have died from the same thing if it was a military testing thing? Wouldn't they ALL have traces of radioactive materials? And I wanna know WTF scared them so badly that they literally ripped their way out of the tent and ran into below zero temps. Something must have been absolutely fucking terrifying.

Last edited by debk589; 04-03-2013 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    well, If they were messing with shit that made them paranoid frantic and delusional and made them quick to cause their OWN bodily harm, its not highly unlikely that one of her buddies did it. Just like in the Mansi theory, Her screams may have proven to be a result. "quit fucking screaming whatever it is will kill us you bitch!" YANK. If I was scared that of something that made me face almost certain death by exposure/hypothermia/whatever to get away, Id yank a hos tongue out too.

Nope, and the one article said that it was ripped out "from the root" ?! Like, not a clean slice, but actually ripped from her mouth, and there were NO other footprints, animal tracks, nothing. Sooo weird. I'm still reading about it. I'll post more if I find anything else.
    And the witnesses that attended their memorial said they all had a orange tint to their body. This is just fascinating stuff.

It's just so weird that 6 died from hypothermia, and the other 3 were traumatic injuries. Like, wouldn't they all have died from the same thing if it was a military testing thing? Wouldn't they ALL have traces of radioactive materials? And I wanna know WTF scared them so badly that they literally ripped their way out of the tent and ran into below zero temps. Something must have been absolutely fucking terrifying.

LOL I immediately thought of that guy when I first read the story

Thread Information