Page 87 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 587 1087 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    omg - is that where the pedo story came from??? this is just too weird
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    But no doubt somewhere she took pieces of a truth from and twisted them into her self defense story
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady MacBeth View Post
    hmmmm, maybe that's where the defendant got her pedo theory....she threads bits and pieces of truth into her lies, to add some semblance of "reality" to it
    Yeah, there's a connection here somewhere, that date is too significant. I'm wondering if Jodi knew of his suicide before or after her arrest.

And although Desiree says Joshua never spoke of it, well, Jodi was reportedly at their house a lot. Perhaps Joshua took her into his confidence at some point and did talk to her, and no one knows it.

Another bizarre factoid in this endless 3-ring circus of a trial.

Oh, and the biggest reason why Josh Freeman wasn't involved, imo? Because Jodi would've thrown him under the bus in a heartbeat to save her own skin. And just like Travis, she wouldn't have hesitated to drag a dead man through the mud when he can't defend himself.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmich View Post
    I think Lavi regrets taking this on. She's getting feed back; she knows she's a sell-out and will be called out on it by Martinez. No doubt she's getting feed back from her colleagues. She's no spring chicken and I think it's taking a toll.
    I agree-do you think you she may have finally realized she's been had by Stabby? Or do you think she knew she was a liar before and is just greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by twisted-texan View Post
    I wonder how they all do this and sleep with themselves at night. Does anyone think the defense really believes that their client is innocent in this case?
    I don't think the defense attorneys believe she is innocent. They are not morons. But it is their job to try and defend her case with zeal and to the best of their abilities.

Some defense attorneys defend death penalty cases because they deeply oppose the death penalty for anyone. Whatever reason this DT has for deciding to be defense attorneys, they are ethically bound to give Stabby a zealous defense. And frankly, thank goodness someone is willing to do this work.

In the USA, people are innocent until proven guilty, and everyone has the right to a defense, it is part of what makes this nation great. Otherwise we would be like some third world country where they stone you to death or cut your head off without a fair trial. I could not do the job the defense team does, but I am glad someone can.

While I am very troubled that Travis' name is being dragged through the mud in every way possible, the defense team really doesn't have anything else they can use to try and save Stabby's life. Nothing, nada, zip. She has admitted killing him. So they need to use an affirmative defense, and self defense was really the only possible option. And without battered womans syndrome and a silly story, the crime scene evidence does not support self defense. So they took the only direction they could.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    Oh, and the biggest reason why Josh Freeman wasn't involved, imo? Because Jodi would've thrown him under the bus in a heartbeat to save her own skin. And just like Travis, she wouldn't have hesitated to drag a dead man through the mud when he can't defend himself.
    ^ Exactly. We are talking about Stabby, who laid out in plain English what she was going to do to TA, his family, his friends, his religion, etc if she didn't get the plea deal she wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidlyLovely View Post
    Yeah, there's a connection here somewhere, that date is too significant. I'm wondering if Jodi knew of his suicide before or after her arrest.

And although Desiree says Joshua never spoke of it, well, Jodi was reportedly at their house a lot. Perhaps Joshua took her into his confidence at some point and did talk to her, and no one knows it.

Another bizarre factoid in this endless 3-ring circus of a trial.
    Daniel Freeman visited Stabby in jail. I'm sure it came up. Stabby will take pieces of other people's lives and twist them to her own purpose.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Count me in the camp of not being down with those who run down Jodi's parents.
    Edited for space. I just wanted to say that I'm not down with those who run down her parents either. Jodi's mom and aunt have been in that court room everyday supporting her (despite acting like a-holes at times), and no matter how horrific the crime, I have to respect that. Jodi's mom (or maybe it was her dad) stated on their interrogation tapes that Jodi and her mom don't have the best relationship (words to that effect) and yet, mom is there everyday. They are her blood and seemingly support her unconditionally. I know my mom would do the same for me if I am ever in a situation where I needed her to support me (I don't have the best relationship with my father so I don't see him doing the same). Hopefully she never will.

If I've read it right, this is not just a random person though, but a guy who either dated or tried to date Jodi. So, I'm going to guess that he has seen photos of her and Travis, certainly from the trial, if not long before.

Surely he would've realized the resemblance of this girl to Jodi (heck I thought it WAS Jodi at first), and of course the same pose in the picture as that of Jodi/Travis.

I just don't think it's coincidence.

I usually agree with you, but this we'll just have to disagree on. I don't remember what their story was, but I don't think they ever dated. If so, not seriously to where I could tell you their history like that Bobby guy, OG (Darryl), Travis or Matt. Anyway, the only similarities I see between Jodi and this girl is the blonde hair. When Jodi had braids, her hair was brown (the day of the murder). I really don't think this guy was like, hey babe, put your hair in braids like Jodi Arias and we'll take a pic where I'm kissing your cheek and post it on Facebook, I'll unlock my page and see if those smart message board people pick up on it! How does anyone know that this is the actual John Dixon Jodi has talked about? John Dixon is probably a fairly common name.

John Dixon is the guy Stabby claimed was going to hang her jacked up EBAY art in a gallery with Van Gogh's and Monet's.
    It's way too much of a coincidence that he started having horrible thoughts and desires. Maybe she told him her phony story of Travis being a pedophile and he helped her take care of him or maybe because of this incident she came up with the story of pedophilia in the first place. Thoughts?
    I think if this guy helped her, and now he's dead she'd have no problems giving up his name. Remember SHANNON CRABTREE PETERSON?! Nobody had to coax her to spit out her name, and this was just some married woman Travis was supposedly flirting with.
    "so he ejaculated on your face and threw you some candy?"

wait, did jodi say in her diary that in 2/2008 travis said he might want to buy a gun??? didn't she say he already had a gun, since back when she was cleaning house?

omg - is that where the pedo story came from??? this is just too weird
    But no doubt somewhere she took pieces of a truth from and twisted them into her self defense story
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady MacBeth View Post
    hmmmm, maybe that's where the defendant got her pedo theory....she threads bits and pieces of truth into her lies, to add some semblance of "reality" to it
    It's way too much of a coincidence that he started having horrible thoughts and desires. Maybe she told him her phony story of Travis being a pedophile and he helped her take care of him or maybe because of this incident she came up with the story of pedophilia in the first place. Thoughts?
    Ah, yes. Perhaps. That's a very good question. Stabby does weave those bits of truth into her lies...
    I sure feel bad for this poor guy and the Freeman family. I'm not sure I understand the whole "I was molested" therefore I have a "desire" to molest others feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I agree-do you think you she may have finally realized she's been had by Stabby? Or do you think she knew she was a liar before and is just greedy?
    I think the lure of a high profile case got to her. I sometimes wonder if she's been given the whole story by the DT. Something interesting happened today, too. In answering a question, she said "In Jodi's testimony...." and then she corrected herself. I think she's been doing some research to find out why the backlash and is seeing what hole she put herself in. Obviously this is just a guess on my part..........but her illness sure came on suddenly when she was easily answering (more than we really wanted to hear) every single question.

The facebook page where Josh Freeman's suicide is mentioned says he was molested and couldn't deal with it/talk about it. I don't think he killed himself for any reason to do with Jodi.

I admit the timing is interesting, but he obviously struggled with being a victim of molestation. There's nothing to suggest he was a perpetrator of any kind of crime. Or that he even knew Jodi just because his siblings did. There are plenty of people I associate with that my brother doesn't and vice versa.

Aside from that, the lack of any kind of evidence or "foreign" dna pretty much excludes the idea of an accomplice.

Also, well, the picture shows Jodi dragging the body. Why have a male accomplice there then have the female doing the heavy lifting?

I'll add one more conspiracy theory because the very sad story of Josh Freeman eerily mirrors the story JA tried to paint of Travis... that what happened to Travis as a little boy haunted him as an adult and he was ashamed because he was starting to do (or at least think about doing) what was done to him as a child. She was never allowed to come right out and say it but she intimated around the edges that Travis was afraid he would "act on his compulsions" which is one of the things Josh relates in his suicide note.

Jodi was trying to "help" Travis with pamphlets etc. She is notorious for incorporating other peoples experiences into her own. She might have used Josh's experience and superimposed it on Travis.

wait, did jodi say in her diary that in 2/2008 travis said he might want to buy a gun??? didn't she say he already had a gun, since back when she was cleaning house?
    Not sure about the diary. But, I do remember this: On 6/10/2008, the day after Travis's body was discovered, Flores had a phone conversation with Jodi. He asked her if Travis kept any weapons in the house. Her response was "his two fists" and "no, he wasn't one to keep guns".

I'll bet 1000 Rep points that ALV calls in sick tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloItsMe View Post
    Not sure about the diary. But, I do remember this: On 6/10/2008, the day after Travis's body was discovered, Flores had a phone conversation with Jodi. He asked her if Travis kept any weapons in the house. Her response was "his two fists" and "no, he wasn't one to keep guns".
    "Arias Diary - I'm trying very hard not to blame- if TA had not borrowed all my $ I would be in San Diego - I bought tickets to PPL event -he drained bank account and charged me $96 he won't pay- he said he wants to buy a gun and put it to his head " this is 2/2008

I think the lure of a high profile case got to her. I sometimes wonder if she's been given the whole story by the DT. Something interesting happened today, too. In answering a question, she said "In Jodi's testimony...." and then she corrected herself. I think she's been doing some research to find out why the backlash and is seeing what hole she put herself in. Obviously this is just a guess on my part..........but her illness sure came on suddenly when she was easily answering (more than we really wanted to hear) every single question.
    Not only did she refer to Jodi's testimony but also referred to the "expert witness" whose thoughts were contrary to her own.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    I'll add one more conspiracy theory because the very sad story of Josh Freeman eerily mirrors the story JA tried to paint of Travis... that what happened to Travis as a little boy haunted him as an adult and he was ashamed because he was starting to do (or at least think about doing) what was done to him as a child. She was never allowed to come right out and say it but she intimated around the edges that Travis was afraid he would "act on his compulsions" which is one of the things Josh relates in his suicide note.

Jodi was trying to "help" Travis with pamphlets etc. She is notorious for incorporating other peoples experiences into her own. She might have used Josh's experience and superimposed it on Travis.
    That's possible.

I mean we don't know if they knew each other at all, or if so, as anything more than casual acquaintances. BUT, it is possible she did know him and that she went on to his siblings about how she was so abused by her parents, etc., and perhaps he did unburden himself, figuring Jodi was an alleged child abuse victim, so she would understand.

It would be very like Jodi to take someone else's story and spin it to serve her purposes; i.e. making Josh's story into Travis'. I would not be surprised at all.

How gross would that be? That she would pretend to sympathize with this guy for whatever reason (because I don't think she's capable of sympathy or empathy), and then turn around and turn his turmoil into lies and accusations against Travis? To pay lip service to Josh would be bad enough; but then to take his pain and emotional scars and put them onto Travis to paint him in the light of a sicko pedo and abuser?

What kind of heartless, soulless person would use someone's devastating abuse experience to malign another person and save her own ass? Well Jodi would of course.

I don't know how the judge keeps letting the defense get away with this "calling in sick" bullshit. She ought to have to be seen by a doctor, rather than just claiming "oh I'm too sick". Really, how convenient, just like Jodi's alleged migraine last week. It's all game playing so that they end the weekend with the defense and give the jury 3-4 days to stew on what the defense has presented; hoping it will sink in before Martinez gets his chance at cross.

If I read right earlier, someone said there was no court on Monday for some reason? If that's true, defense will get to leave the jury with a 4-day weekend to dwell on more LaVa bullshit; just like last weekend.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

"Arias Diary - I'm trying very hard not to blame- if TA had not borrowed all my $ I would be in San Diego - I bought tickets to PPL event -he drained bank account and charged me $96 he won't pay- he said he wants to buy a gun and put it to his head " this is 2/2008
    What happened to her law of attraction, where she supposedly wouldn't say anything negative about him?

Idk, that entry sounds made up to me. She had plenty of time between the murder and her arrest to doctor up her diaries. I have a hard time believing much of anything she says.

I don't think I can stomach her diary entries. "We went all the way again". WTF? Is she 16 years old? If Lavi can't see from her diaries how obsessive she is, then Lavi needs to see Dr. Dick for some therapy herself. Her entries are over the top with regard to Travis. Stabby's entry: Travis made my world go round today! The sun rose on just his smile. We decided to go where God's wind took us. My entry of the same event: Me and Travis went to Las Vegas today. Had a ball.

I think Lavi regrets taking this on. She's getting feed back; she knows she's a sell-out and will be called out on it by Martinez. No doubt she's getting feed back from her colleagues. She's no spring chicken and I think it's taking a toll.
    I thought she wasn't up to snuff too. She actually looked like she'd put on a few years in just a few days.

I don't know how the judge keeps letting the defense get away with this "calling in sick" bullshit.
    well Nancy Grace called in sick as well... must be a bug going around

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    I thought she wasn't up to snuff too. She actually looked like she'd put on a few years in just a few days.
    She probably got some bad news from her publisher.

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidlyLovely View Post
    Links:
    FB page talking about the suicide here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/desir...er/21019971493
    The CaringBridge website where his death is discussed here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/joshuafreeman
    {{Snipped for space}}
    WoW.. TY for finding this--- And like others have posted, It wouldn't be far fetched that JA did indeed tailor in this sad incident to her own story.

The ninjas story was parallel to the story Travis told during that robbery.

Not gonna happen!

Ms. Laviolette, this is The Prosecutor. Can you hear me in there? We've got your mic on and you can continue your testimony from the bathroom. Let me remind you that you are still under oath. Now...

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Not gonna happen!

Ms. Laviolette, this is The Prosecutor. Can you hear me in there? We've got your mic on and you can continue your testimony from the bathroom. Let me remind you that you are still under oath. Now...
    LMAO--- You have become quite the humorous one ^^^ That was hysterical !!

She is notorious for incorporating other peoples experiences into her own. She might have used Josh's experience and superimposed it on Travis.
    I see that a few others mentioned this possibility before I posted this... I'm all caught up

Thread Information