Page 745 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 245 645 695 735 743 744 745 746 747 755 795 845 1245 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,625 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Tia111 View Post
    I think she was about to slip into another fog right before she was arrested! Dr. Geffner will regret testifying for Jodi. I guess misery loves company and AL and DS will be there for him.
    If the history of the witnesses is any indication he may want to prepare for retirement. Jodi ruins everything and everyone!!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by lorizfree View Post
    We all best get a good night of sleep tonight, because I think we're ALL going to need our sleeping bags and jammies...or our blankies and laptops
    Jammies, blankies, laptops, AND stuffed animals AND a beverage/snackie. Sounds like a fun time!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    Bite your tongue woman!! I did give myself a day extra for jury deliberations though in the poll!
    That's exactly why I haven't put in my jury deliberation ending date and time premonition yet.
    :o)

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    The angle of the vena cava wound suggests he was sitting in the shower when it was inflicted. She could have asked him to close his eyes or look up...
    I found the orientation of the entry wound that severed the SVC most telling ...

She knew -- thought ahead or was told by someone (Darryl?) -- that she had to orient the blade sideways to have a chance to get through the ribs and into a critical area.

Think about that. How many average Americans know that instinctively? Lucky reaction? ..... or premeditated?

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Yes, but remember the scope of each rebuttal gets narrower and narrower .... so we're not looking at anything like the time the prior experts witnesses were on the stand.

Of course, this DT does like to draaaaagggg thhhhiiinnnnggsss ouuuttt.
    That is what I'm worried about. The DT part. But I wonder with this new request, if this will maybe limit what the DT decides to put in their sur-rebuttal. Knowing there will be someone else to disagree with what their expert says. I wish Judge Stephens would just tell everyone they're skipping tomorrow's testimony and going straight to closing arguments. LOL

Wonder if Dr. Geffner sent jodi any gifts?

If the history of the witnesses is any indication he may want to prepare for retirement. Jodi ruins everything and everyone!!
    That's my theory with the other 2, maybe they were already thinking of retiring.

I found the orientation of the entry wound that severed the SVC most telling ...

She knew -- thought ahead or was told by someone (Darryl?) -- that she had to orient the blade sideways to have a chance to get through the ribs and into a critical area.

Think about that. How many average Americans know that instinctively? Lucky reaction? ..... or premeditated?
    You are absolutely correct-I didnt even think of that! It's not as easy to get to the heart as most people think.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    That is what I'm worried about. The DT part. But I wonder with this new request, if this will maybe limit what the DT decides to put in their sur-rebuttal. Knowing there will be someone else to disagree with what their expert says. I wish Judge Stephens would just tell everyone they're skipping tomorrow's testimony and going straight to closing arguments. LOL
    Wishful thinking doll!!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "it is what it is!"

So is Jill Hayes a done deal?

Ok I haven't read this thread since friday, am I reading this correct, there's ANOTHER witness testifying? So there'll be two? Oh my God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    So is Jill Hayes a done deal?
    Looks like it....

4/29/2013

LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001)

4/30/2013

NOTE: STATE'S SEVENTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES

Ok...who is Jill Hayes and htf do I not know who she is???
    "it is what it is!"

Sneakers posted her CV in.post 18601 ''''''' twenty some.pages .... we are doomed!

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

http://hayespsychology.com/

Looks like it....

4/29/2013

LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001)

4/30/2013

NOTE: STATE'S SEVENTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES
    So, she is going to be the state's witness? The judge needs to set limit...if the prosecution keeps opening up a new chapter, this spiral could go on, endlessly. I wonder if she is sticking to her timeline of tomorrow, and instructions/closing arguments on th/fr?? God, I hope so.

If per chance, Nurmi does the questions in his slow monotone while trying to use up time, can the judge tell him to speed it up?

Tomorrow is going to be a LOOOOONG day. Now there's going to be a sur-surrebuttal?! Wow.
    if it's Nurmi double the time it should take...

"To Mesa family, it's home, not a crime scene"

http://www.azcentral.com/community/m...ime-scene.html

JM wants to call Jill Hayes, Ph.D.Clinical, Forensic, and Neuropsychologist ( http://hayespsychology.com/ ) in sur sur rebuttal to Geffner if the Judge allows Geffner to testify about :

I stand corrected. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Can't even step outside for a couple of hours without something new popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Sneakers posted her CV in.post 18601 ''''''' twenty some.pages .... we are doomed!
    I cannot imagine this crew getting through TWO new experts with lengthy CV's in ONE day.

A human lie detector. It's about time.

I'm getting more confused the more I think about this...the defense wants to bolster the GSW first/self-defense story by bringing in an expert to say TA might have been conscious after the GSW, to rebut the ME saying the GSW had to be last. I get that, but they're still left with the question of how much of a threat TA was at that point, naked after being shot in the face. Even if they establish that he 'might have been conscious', clearly he wouldn't have been a threat any longer, yet Jodi chose to grab a knife and start stabbing rather than run? I don't understand how they think this will go over with the jury as self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    I'm getting more confused the more I think about this...the defense wants to bolster the GSW first/self-defense story by bringing in an expert to say TA might have been conscious after the GSW, to rebut the ME saying the GSW had to be last. I get that, but they're still left with the question of how much of a threat TA was at that point, naked after being shot in the face. Even if they establish that he 'might have been conscious', clearly he wouldn't have been a threat any longer, yet Jodi chose to grab a knife and start stabbing rather than run? I don't understand how they think this will go over with the jury as self-defense.
    According to Stabby he was attacking her after she shot him-so im guessing they are implying she stabbed him because he kept coming after her? They cannot say that is what happened though because she doesn't remember. That also doesn't explain why he had stab wounds on his back. Her whole story of the murder doesn't make sense.

BOOM!

That's exactly what I was talking bout last week! Gunshot wound would not have been enough to stop him from "attacking" in Jodi's scenario! Horny's testimony is a weak spot the defense should attack.

JM wants to call Jill Hayes, Ph.D.Clinical, Forensic, and Neuropsychologist ( http://hayespsychology.com/ ) in sur sur rebuttal to Geffner if the Judge allows Geffner to testify about :

Well....I've been meaning to mention my little side job...
    So, one will cancel the other out. I'm ok with that. I'm sure that Juan will make his direct brief. Geffner on the other hand will probably take forever!
    My eye has been twitching all day just from thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    According to Stabby he was attacking her after she shot him-so im guessing they are implying she stabbed him because he kept coming after her? They cannot say that is what happened though because she doesn't remember. That also doesn't explain why he had stab wounds on his back. Her whole story of the murder doesn't make sense.
    That's the beauty of her whole cockamamie story. Nothing makes sense! Now Travis is a zombie or a vampire?! Who gets shot and still has anger?! Sounds like another bad movie reference to me. Has there EVER, in the HISTORY of the WORLD been a situation where someone gets shot in the head (or shot anywhere for that matter) and keeps attacking their shooter? I've heard of people that are high on LSD keep fighting, but their judgement is severely impaired. I don't even think I've heard of someone on LSD getting shot and still come after the shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    I am guessing Geffner is going to point out the symptoms which overlap between PTSD and BPD. Jodi may have answered the TSI and MCMI differently for him. Thus far we know that einstein took those tests at least twice (Samuels & Karp) and maybe a third time with Geffner. The below might be a preview to his testimony. The defense wants to add a smidgen of doubt.

Female domestic violence offenders: their attachment security, trauma symptoms, and personality organization. Goldenson J, Geffner R, Foster SL, Clipson CR. in Violence Vict. 2007;22(5):532-45.

Abstract
    Unlike male domestic violence offenders, female domestic violence offenders have traditionally been overlooked in research and theory, despite the fact that females also have high rates of domestic violence perpetration. Towards the aim of extending extant research on male and female pepetrators of domestic violence, we examined attachment style, trauma symptoms, and personality organization in 33 female offenders receiving mandated treatment for domestic violence. These offenders were compared to 32 nonoffending women receiving psychological treatment. The Experiences in Close Relationships Revised (ECR-Revised) was used to examine adult attachment, the Trauma Symptom Inventory (TSI) was used to examine trauma symptomology, and finally, the Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory III (MCMI-III) was used to examine cluster B personality traits. Analyses indicated that female domestic violence offenders reported less attachment security, more trauma-related symptoms, and more personality psychopathology (Antisocial, Borderline, and Dependent Subscales) than did nonoffender clinical comparison women.
    So we expect one neuro-psychologist to push her to PTSD and another to push her to BPD? Hopefully these witnesses are of the caliber of Dr. JDM -- clear, concise, little semantics fencing.

Cool. I'm always up for professionally presented expert testimony -- we can learn so much from good experts.

Thread Information