Page 742 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 242 642 692 732 740 741 742 743 744 752 792 842 1242 ... LastLast
Results 18,526 to 18,550 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I may get some flack for this and Im gonna say this anyway....Samson and Delilha. What I see is that this relationship has become common place, sad to say. Domestic violence is becoming very prevalent. I see it every day. I understand your position as an educator and wanting to prevent the next tragedy but realistically that is not possible. People learn behavior and in a matter of a very short while....only 28 days if you look at addiction programs. Women/men who grow up with abuse feel that it is normal and become accustomed to that type of behavior. I worked with a woman today who came to us straight from the ER battered and bruised and really had no clue that being beaten wasn't normal. As much as I wish there was "cure" for abuse there isn't one. And as for the "red flags" the abused typically ignore them and think they can "fix" the abuser.

We as professionals and society as a whole have to take into consideration many cultural aspects to what is abuse and what is not.
    I think both of you are actually right. Some, not all, abuse victims can leave their abusers and go on to lead a semi normal life. There are other abuse victims that cannot be helped.

In a perfect world, Jodi's parents would have insisted on treatment. Parents often ignore signs that their teen is in trouble. The shame and the stigma associated with mental illness is so pervasive that people avoid therapy for themselves or their family members at all costs. i cant tell you the numbers of parents whose son or daughter have a first psychotic break and the parent prefers that the kid has a brain tumor or smoked some bad weed.

In that same perfect world, Travis would have sought treatment, too. There is no shame in admitting there is an obstacle in your path that you can't get around no matter what you try.

So, as an educator you can teach that therapy is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    In a perfect world, Jodi's parents would have insisted on treatment. Parents often ignore signs that their teen is in trouble. The shame and the stigma associated with mental illness is so pervasive that people avoid therapy for themselves or their family members at all costs. i cant tell you the numbers of parents whose son or daughter have a first psychotic break and the parent prefers that the kid has a brain tumor or smoked some bad weed.

In that same perfect world, Travis would have sought treatment, too. There is no shame in admitting there is an obstacle in your path that you can't get around no matter what you try.

and I has a sad...this discussion has depressed me.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    She wrecked the BMW by towing it on a 2 wheel dolly behind the U-Haul in 1st gear. She was going to give the Infiniti back to the bank because she was broke and couldn't afford the payments anymore. Her credit was either dying up or close to it.. She ended up taking it it back to Yreka after she wrecked the BMW.
    i just can't keep track of her stories - i thought the bmw trans was ruined and the ifinity was repoed - but the mom in the interrogation she said that jodi got a flat on the way riverdise burial, no spare so bought a tire, bought one and it was the wrong size and that caused her transmission to break?? which i don't think can cause that - but would that be the infinity or bmw??

and also the mom said when grandma's house was robbed jodi said she was in hilt w/ her sis to visit and monestary but the dad told flores that jdoi said she had to go to medford oregon that day

plus it sounds like her mom was giving money right and left to support her, especially in mesa, even spending $2500 to pay for her moving back (and storing her stuff) to yreka - so i don't think they are quite as poor as she claimed - but it did sounded like dad might have cut her of and refused to help w/ an atty - i get the feeling dad isn't really a jodi supporter

Honestly, I really believe that everyone can teach therapy is a good thing. I don't even think it has to be therapy all the time, fuck, it can be a trustworthy and non-judgmental friend. We are only as bad as the secrets we keep....

Thank you for your opinion... I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Freaktab View Post
    Honestly, I really believe that everyone can teach therapy is a good thing. I don't even think it has to be therapy all the time, fuck, it can be a trustworthy and non-judgmental friend. We are only as bad as the secrets we keep....

Thank you for your opinion... I appreciate it!

sorry, but jodi and travis had friends. they needed therapy which is second order change.

I may get some flack for this and Im gonna say this anyway....Samson and Delilha. What I see is that this relationship has become common place, sad to say. Domestic violence is becoming very prevalent. I see it every day. I understand your position as an educator and wanting to prevent the next tragedy but realistically that is not possible. People learn behavior and in a matter of a very short while....only 28 days if you look at addiction programs. Women/men who grow up with abuse feel that it is normal and become accustomed to that type of behavior. I worked with a woman today who came to us straight from the ER battered and bruised and really had no clue that being beaten wasn't normal. As much as I wish there was "cure" for abuse there isn't one. And as for the "red flags" the abused typically ignore them and think they can "fix" the abuser.

We as professionals and society as a whole have to take into consideration many cultural aspects to what is abuse and what is not.
    I appreciate the feedback and it seems you base your opinion on what you have experienced, I have no right to dissuade you or disagree. I respect your opinion.

I have no illusions about stopping abuse or ending the cycle, but I have to believe that this horrible murder will serve as a learning tool for others. I really believe Travis knew something was off with Jodi.... There is every indication that Travis was aware that she was bad news, but it is almost like he didn't trust his own instincts. Yes, he wanted to help her and yes, he was easy prey for her sexual escapades, but I think he knew that she might be dangerous to him, especially after the tires. Maybe there was no way that Travis was going to get out of this alive and that Stabby was going to kill him no matter what, but damn.... It certainly becomes a cautionary tale if nothing else.

sorry, but jodi and travis had friends. they needed therapy which is second order change.
    I agree, but it seems both of them had a lot more secrets than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaktab View Post
    I appreciate the feedback and it seems you base your opinion on what you have experienced, I have no right to dissuade you or disagree. I respect your opinion.

I have no illusions about stopping abuse or ending the cycle, but I have to believe that this horrible murder will serve as a learning tool for others. I really believe Travis knew something was off with Jodi.... There is every indication that Travis was aware that she was bad news, but it is almost like he didn't trust his own instincts. Yes, he wanted to help her and yes, he was easy prey for her sexual escapades, but I think he knew that she might be dangerous to him, especially after the tires. Maybe there was no way that Travis was going to get out of this alive and that Stabby was going to kill him no matter what, but damn.... It certainly becomes a cautionary tale if nothing else.
    Travis did know something was off and that is why I made the "red flag" comment. Maybe he was in denial about things that were going on with Jodi...maybe he thought he could "fix" her and I fully believe that Travis was never going to make it out of this relationship alive. Just for clarification my opinion is based on professional experience. In my personal life I ignored the red flags and almost died. I agree 100% with Metis' post about encouraging families to seek therapy. It is the stigma of mental illness that needs to be broken so more can get the help they need.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "it is what it is!"

Radaronline is outing Jodi's art
    Jodi Arias ‘Original Art’ Dubbed Fake! She Copies Print Ads For Profit!

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 @ 8:47AM | By Alexis Tereszcuk - Entertainment Editor

Jodi Arias is not known for her honesty, and now the controversial “original artwork” that she has been selling has been revealed to be blatant copies from print advertisements!
    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...xander-murder/

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Not buying that. He had a telephone conversation with Det. Flores a year after the autopsy to clarify his views on the wound sequence and whether TA could have been conscious after the GSW, in preparation for a hearing the next day. In which Flores was going to testify under oath as to his (Horne's) opinions. He might not recall the details of the conversation but to claim no memory of any conversations, ever? I call bullshit on that.
    Have to say I'm not convinced either. Surely he spoke to the lead investigator in the case. That hardly makes any sense, he made it seem like he didn't speak to him at all.

Hopefully I'm not getting ahead of myself here, but I'm proud of everyone for being civil during this hiatus. Usually by now everyone's gone absolutely nuts and reduced the board to a fuck-you-that's-my-opinion-well-fuck-your-opinion fest.

I've probably said this a million times...but I still hope we'll see a Primal Fear-esque meltdown. Forgive my ignorance of all things legal, but does anyone know how accurate this movie is in that regard? Here's the situation: Turns out midway through a murder trial that the guy who did it is absolutely crazy, but they've already entered a plea of not guilty and can't change to insanity. Dude freaks out on the stand and attacks the prosecutor. As a result the judge dismisses the jury in favor of a bench trial, saying not guilty by reason of insanity. NO SPOILING THE VERY END, BTW.

Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Hopefully I'm not getting ahead of myself here, but I'm proud of everyone for being civil during this hiatus. Usually by now everyone's gone absolutely nuts and reduced the board to a fuck-you-that's-my-opinion-well-fuck-your-opinion fest.

I've probably said this a million times...but I still hope we'll see a Primal Fear-esque meltdown. Forgive my ignorance of all things legal, but does anyone know how accurate this movie is in that regard? Here's the situation: Turns out midway through a murder trial that the guy who did it is absolutely crazy, but they've already entered a plea of not guilty and can't change to insanity. Dude freaks out on the stand and attacks the prosecutor. As a result the judge dismisses the jury in favor of a bench trial, saying not guilty by reason of insanity. NO SPOILING THE VERY END, BTW.

Anyone?
    You missed my.."but, but, but I really wanna see a FREAK OUT' comment. I doubt she will though unless she is provoked in some way as someone else suggested. We may see one at the reading of the verdict though. Jodi is unpredictable!
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by PopRocks View Post
    I dont think it was just the sex. I think travis knew how messed up she was and really wanted to help her. I think she used the sex as a way to keep him around and as a way to "forgive" him when she acted out

Jodi probably reminded travis of his mom and probably didnt want to abandon her
    Travis and Jodi were playing two different games. Jodi just didn't tell Travis the rules of her game.
    Travis wanted a "friend with benefits" and Jodi led Travis to believe she wanted that too. That has been proven in court.
    Travis believed Jodi and him were in agreement about the "friend with benefits" until they each found another person.

That is a girl pretending to play the same game as the guy. Travis was very clear that they were friends with benefits. Jodi was very clear that she understood and agreed with that AND went along with that. In reality, Jodi was not. She was scheming to be a permanent fixture in Travis' life. Jodi was probably very good at telling people what they wanted to hear. She knew in the sex tape call that Travis didn't want to marry her-which is why she mentions how their kids can play together one day. I even doubt now they were ever "official" boyfriend and girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    She had to have been COVERED in blood! From head to toe!
    Yes! I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Travis and Jodi were playing two different games. Jodi just didn't tell Travis the rules of her game.
    Travis wanted a "friend with benefits" and Jodi led Travis to believe she wanted that too. That has been proven in court.
    Travis believed Jodi and him were in agreement about the "friend with benefits" until they each found another person.

That is a girl pretending to play the same game as the guy. Travis was very clear that they were friends with benefits. Jodi was very clear that she understood and agreed with that AND went along with that. In reality, Jodi was not. She was scheming to be a permanent fixture in Travis' life. Jodi was probably very good at telling people what they wanted to hear. She knew in the sex tape call that Travis didn't want to marry her-which is why she mentions how their kids can play together one day. I even doubt now they were ever "official" boyfriend and girlfriend.

Yes! I agree.

Wow!! Love, love, love your new siggy!!! Total dominance and strength!
    "it is what it is!"

You missed my.."but, but, but I really wanna see a FREAK OUT' comment. I doubt she will though unless she is provoked in some way as someone else suggested. We may see one at the reading of the verdict though. Jodi is unpredictable!
    There probably will be lots of tears for the verdict. More tears during aggravation and mitigation, too. Jodi's act will hold out until the actual sentencing for the FREAK-OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmich View Post
    How'd you know?

I don't really care what people say (except the ones that hound ya to death with their argument until you agree). I move past what I don't care about. But that's just me.
    I agree! I skip over the derogatory posts AND the scolding posts. Both types are non-value adding. I prefer reading everyone's thoughts on the lawyers' strategies, the evidence, etc. I especially like reading stories of others' experiences in similar harrowing situations.

There are a lot of smart people on this board who always point out things I missed or never thought of. I like that.

I just heard defense has filed NEW motion to get this new witness to be able to testify that Travis would NOT have been incapacitated by the bullet...How is it possible for a clinical psychologist to rebut the ME, an MD? How can he expand on what he is brought in to talk about, the BPD? The law confuses me. The defense confuses me. They take 5 days off, overload on TV watching (where every attorney on HLN says, "how could they NOT bring their own ME?") and NOW want to refute ME testimony???? Bizarre

"Carrie"

Good lord. Personally, I think she let travis lay dead on the bathroom floor while she showered and changed clothing.
    could very well be... many people have asked why there wasn't blood traipsed downstairs or really anywhere except the master bedroom area... extrapolating on her planning ahead... a change of clothes and a Glad trash bag to stash everything in on the way out fits right in....

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    Jodi Arias ?Original Art? Dubbed Fake! She Copies Print Ads For Profit!

Jodi Arias is not known for her honesty, and now the controversial ?original artwork? that she has been selling has been revealed to be blatant copies from print advertisements!
    M Joy posted the "side-by-side" examples over on the Arias Trial: Memes, Jokes, etc thread... I mean I guess it takes some talent to basically trace something...(but no imagination) some poor schlub paid $1000 bucks for one of those.

link: http://tinyurl.com/c6l6756
    Last edited by dizzyp; 04-30-2013 at 04:57 AM.

I highly doubt they're going to be finished with testimony tomorrow. The defense is going to drag it out as long as possible.
    :o)

Quote Originally Posted by lorizfree View Post
    I highly doubt they're going to be finished with testimony tomorrow. The defense is going to drag it out as long as possible.
    Oh nooooooo I hope not. But Im thinking you are right This poor jury is going to be SO confused.

I cant bear to watch tomorrow. I am trying to be "jodi-free" until closing arguments. I just cant seem to stay away from this site though

Aw shucks. prior to this trial, I was well-liked, funny and considered intelligent. Now I am the google bitch. Jodi ruins everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    *skulking off to google now*

(I hope you're happy Metis...)

In a perfect world, Jodi's parents would have insisted on treatment. Parents often ignore signs that their teen is in trouble. The shame and the stigma associated with mental illness is so pervasive that people avoid therapy for themselves or their family members at all costs.
    Agreed. It is depressing that in this day and age, mental illness still has so much stigma. Society has progressed in so many ways, but in the realm of acceptance of mental illness, we have made less progress than in other realms.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Anyone?
    The scenario portrayed in the movie is not realistic in the ultimate resolution of the case. If insanity is not pled from the start, the judge cannot decide the person is 'not guilty by reason of insanity' because they have an outburst in court, no matter how dramatic the outburst is.

In order to be not guilty by reason of insanity, it has to be proven that at the moment the crime was committed, the defendant was unable to distinguish right from wrong. If the defendant could distinguish right from wrong at the time of the crime, but has a mental illness at the time or goes nuts later, they might be labelled crazy, but that does not automatically mean they are not guilty by reason of insanity. The insanity defense looks ONLY at the moment when the crime was committed.

In the scenario from the Primal Fear movie, it is more likely that a real judge might determine that defendant was not mentally competent to stand trial, and place them in a mental institution. If the defendant later became competent, the trial would proceed. If the defendant never regained competence, they could spend the rest of their life in the mental hospital. Otherwise, if the defendant was mentally ill, but was still able to understand the charges against them and assist in their own defense, then the trial would proceed. Lots of people with a diagnosable mental illness are considered competent to stand trial.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Sneakerz the Wondersleuth, I am waiting for an update on the hearing today about using the psychologist to opine on brain function after a GSW to the face...specifically how he would be qualified to do that. Still say if they want to go down that road they would need to have a neurologist or neurosurgeon.

Will the hearing have cameras/press present or is it closed-door? Waiting patiently to hear from you...

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    Jodi Arias ?Original Art? Dubbed Fake! She Copies Print Ads For Profit!

Jodi Arias is not known for her honesty, and now the controversial ?original artwork? that she has been selling has been revealed to be blatant copies from print advertisements!

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Thread Information