Page 644 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 144 544 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 654 694 744 1144 ... LastLast
Results 16,076 to 16,100 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    Haven't been able to find anything with the full reading/transcripts of the Jodi comments that initiated Travis "badmouthing her", anywhere.

With regards to the remaining witnesses, did someone say that one was another computer expert? What could he testify to that the guy today couldn't? And did we ever hear about whether they got anything off Jodi's smashed hard drive?
    Lonnie Dworkin aka penis pic guy testified about that...that's where the penis pic he was waving around that day came from. The one Travis supposedly texted her on her phone, I think. Don't recall if anything else from that broken hard drive was brought up that day...

Wasn't it mentioned that Jodi used to use the "back" button to spy on what Bobby the Vampire Slayer did on some computer? I would guess that if Travis didn't log-out -- and why would he on his own home computer? - that Jodi may have done just that, to gain access to his account.
    Nah, online bank accounts have a high level of security. She could not use the back button trick. What is VERY important is she had his pin # and account#.

If this one witness is in fact the Fraud Prevention expert from JP Morgan Chase, well, they should be able to tell if his account was accessed by someone other than Travis...IF this is what it's about, then they can confirm that withdrawals or transfers or whatever were attempted from a location other than Mesa, when Travis was known to be in Mesa. In a case like this, I think they could probably just flat-out say that the account was accessed from say, Yreka, because this is in an actual court of law. I would think that legally, they could be compelled to reveal that info...Of course, this might just be about Jodi's accounts for some reason.
    Jodi's financial situation was a mess from the time she moved to Mesa right up to her arrest. A few things are predictable when a house goes into foreclosure. The bank demands the total mortgage. This triggers other creditors to jack up interest fees. If she stopped paying on her cards and car note, they start the process to recover their money. Remember that Jodi didnt have a job for most of the time she lived in Mesa. When she did have a job, it was minimum wage. If you didn't know better, one might think she moved to Mesa to escape her financial obligations and rely on Travis.

Its possible Jodi pulled Travis into a check fraud scheme. By that I mean she would write checks but there was no money in the account, or had him write checks to her so her account looked like there was money. Basically its floating non-existent money between accounts. Then she could pay her car payment but the check would bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I think it was WasThinking who said Jodi looks like she is flippin out. I think she is at her end and will have a full on freak out. I do agree she might have engaged in fraud. That would actually support an antisocial dx.
    Jodi's behavior in court tells me she has become comfortable! We might be seeing Jodi as she really is...one or two loving protectors (JW & maria), an enforcer Donovan, and the star of the show, Jodi. She has become casual with giving the finger, cursing witnesses, glaring at witnesses and acting as if she is her own lawyer. jodi actually back talks some of the witnesses! And, we get to see how she sizes up her competition. So juvenile!

All of this leads me to believe her diagnosis is a cluster B soup (BPD, sociopathy, narcissistic) and we gotta throw in pinch of passive-dependent traits. If she didn't kill Travis in such a horrible way, I might empathize. (dont shoot me)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRenew View Post
    Incredibly creepy.

Also highly inappropriate, immature & disrespectful.

The main trait of Arias that stands out from the police interrogation recordings to her cumulative behavior in the courtroom is that of being blatantly disrespectful to anyone and everyone that she can't sponge off of at that moment. Blatantly and openly disrespectful, and just doesn't give a fuck.
    The defense team is under her spell!

Someone from WS said that, at one point, Jodi was using her pencil to fill in her eyebrows? I totally did not see that.
    I saw that! OMG, i thought did she mean to do that? She never ceases to amaze me. How sick is that!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchan View Post
    sooooooooo, what do you think she said/did, after the vitriolic text/arguement, to get him to let her in? I can understand it somewhat..I've been a party to some scathing exchanges but....... I just don't understand HOW things unfolded........?????
    Shit started to flow downhill in early april with the penultimate decision to return to Yreka. That decision was based on $. Then the BMW snafu happened and she was MORE in debt. Seems to me that she started to plan how to ruin Travis's love life then. By late may, without Jodi being there to manipulate him, Travis slowly became aware of her deviant behavior(s). He didn't come to visit her as promised and canceled twice. His excuse was he didn't have money! Her "hold" on him was slipping and once he told her he was finished with her...the death sentence was signed.
    Last edited by Metis212; 04-24-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: none really

I'd put it in the top 10 JA Trial quotes (but there are so many)

Juan Martinez: "There appears to be something blondish or white on his lap, who is that?"

Didn't I hear that there was a check found to Travis from stabby the day of the murder? I wonder if it was dated for that day, like she went there under the guise of "oh hey I just wanted to give you your money" (which is ridiculous. You live a billion miles away.... Throw it in the mail, psycho)

Quote Originally Posted by meowzerz View Post
    Didn't I hear that there was a check found to Travis from stabby the day of the murder? I wonder if it was dated for that day, like she went there under the guise of "oh hey I just wanted to give you your money" (which is ridiculous. You live a billion miles away.... Throw it in the mail, psycho)

desperation often breeds stupidity.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

So very true, marshmallow. I am constantly questioning these stupid things that come out of her mouth which is just ridiculous on my part. Were never going to make sense of a crazy persons actions/words! (Sorry I can't quite yet, I think I'm too new haha)

Would someone please put Deanna into some perspective for me please?
    For the past TWO months, like Juan didn't present ANY thing during this, the talking heads are freaking me OUT! They have gone ON and ON and ON about premeditation. Juan alluded to it ALOT during the past two months, and yesterday definitively beyond reasonable doubt IMO, proved she was a BIG FAT HONKING LIAR. Yet, the only focus (it seems) is on Deanna and the fact that Travis was, in fact, NOT a virgin. Did anyone REALLY believe he WAS?
    I thought Deanna was honest, and LOVED Travis in a NORMAL way. Proving Alyce was, surprise, totally full of shit with her patterns, familyl of origin and vulnerable crap. That stabby was in fact batshit abnormal. I thought Juan knocked a grand slam with the entire day of witnesses, and am totally confused by the chitter chatter on TV. I found Nurmi and his questions offensive.
    I thought Juan got more out of yesterday than the past three months of the psycho babble stuff. Am I missing stuff, or watching too much TV?

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    I'd put it in the top 10 JA Trial quotes (but there are so many)

Juan Martinez: "There appears to be something blondish or white on his lap, who is that?"
    I liked JM shouting "Was he some kind of a sexual monster?

My favorite Juan quote will ALWAYS be "are you done with your answer. Good, now answer my question" it never gets old!

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    I thought Deanna was honest, and LOVED Travis in a NORMAL way.
    that's the takeaway for the Jury.. that and the fact that Nurmi went into full-skeeve mode and I believe further alienated the Jury towards his client.

a minor point..

The Walmart rep corrected JM when he asked is that SKU? S.K.U." and she said "no it is actually S.K.E.W."

maybe they are interchangeable, I don't know, but the system is : SKU (Stock Keeping Unit)

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    Any ideas on what we may expect today?

More rebuttal witnesses from prosecution?
    Sur-rebuttal from defense?
    Closing statements?
    Followed by quick deliberation and guilty verdict? (I can dream, right?)
    Justice you are more of an optitimist than I am. I believe there is a hearing in the am to determine whether certain other rebuttal witnessess can testify. Closings are far, far away IMO. I hope deliberations are quick, but I am skeptical. Guilty M1 - I am right there with you.!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRenew View Post
    I just waded through 44 pages of posts since I last posted a thought 15 hours ago. Approximately half of those posts in the aforementioned 44 pages were by someone named "denn".

Sorry, but Holy fuck. Spam much?

Anyway, the WalMart testimony and subsequent inability for the defense team to counter was terrific.

Nurmi is weird & creepy as shit, and his line of questioning for Deanna was repulsive. The entire defense team lacks an ounce of class.

Jodi Arias is completely fucked. Good.
    And many of her posts were "LOL" or "haha"...

Nurmi's cross exam of Deanna was exactly what you would expect from an atty who specializes in defending pedophiles and rapists. Was it really necessary to drag her thru the muck with him and humiliate her in open court to make his point about Travis's different behaviors with Jodi? And why would anyone choose that area to specialize in?

And I think there were ways he could have undermined the Walmart lady. She went through a stack of receipts the size of a phone book HERSELF...I don't think I've ever seen a witness doing something like that! That's something for LE or the DA's office to do. It must have taken hours if not days. Was she paid for this? Did Walmart at least give her some paid time off? Martinez should take her out for dinner at the very least.

I think Nurmi at this point just doesn't give a shit anymore. He's looked totally checked-out for weeks, just slouching in his chair collecting that $250/hour and filing motions...

I think, and I don't know if this has been mentioned, this feed flies... that cancun trip. It sounds sooo nonsensical that she would KILL because of this or Marriage even, and the camera dropping thing, please, but the travelling stabby and Travis did was based on that book, 1001 places to see before you die... Cancun is IN that book. I find it hugely important, IMO, that Travis was going there with Mimi... and stabby, I believe knew way before the inconsistent times she has said, like spring of 2008 knew Travis was going there and NOT taking her.
    She and Travis I think actually DID spend quality time on those trips, and to that point, it had been exclusively theirs. Travis was going with someone else, and I think this was massively devastating for her bizarro mind to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    also speculating: if this were true, she could have usedgiving him a check as her excuse for showing up there. Wanting to pay him in person?
    I wonder if LE dusted that check for TA's prints. That could show more premed/cover-up/lies.
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

Good morning, fellow JA addicts!!! Just a quick observation that in googling Travis's name this morning, the 2nd picture that shows for him is the neck slash pic now. I've always hated that the pics of Travis that previously showed up were of him with Jodi (she ruins everything as always)...however, the neck slashing pic on the main page when just googling his name is just so sad....especially for the family. :(

Someone from WS said that, at one point, Jodi was using her pencil to fill in her eyebrows? I totally did not see that.
    I read somewhere Jodi was sharpening her pencil with her teeth, spewing wood chips & pencil lead powder onto the defense table as she drew her emotionless drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Nah, online bank accounts have a high level of security. She could not use the back button trick. What is VERY important is she had his pin # and account#.
    And how many layers of security did online banking have then?

As I recall, my JPM/Chase account detected that I was at my home computer and used passwords.

What if Jodi accessed his account on his computer and asked to reset his password with an email to his email address that she had access to? What if he stored his passwords on his computer? What if Travis used the same password for everything? What if his password was 'napolean77'(dog/year born)?
    Last edited by sheesh; 04-24-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    I read somewhere Jodi was sharpening her pencil with her teeth, spewing wood chips & pencil lead powder onto the defense table as she drew her emotionless drawings.
    I actually saw that with my own eyes. Somebody posted the video somewhere, but I cannot remember when or where.

She was demonstrating shading techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    I really want to see something about Jodi hacking into his stuff. Like for example, she said they exchanged email passwords. Who the eff does that with someone they've only recently started dating? Is there some record of him actually consenting to this? Doubt it. I'm also curious about the text she "accidentally" sent to Travis that she says was intended for another person. If that was really true (pfffft) then it seems like she would have resent the message to the intended recipient. Somehow I doubt that's the case...
    Nobody does it, and I never believed it. Most long time married people don't even exchange that info, so I never bought that Travis and Jodi exchanged passwords voluntarily. More like Jodi scammed his passwords somehow and hacked him, but is now trying to cover that up with the only lie that makes it sound even slightly plausible. It was either "we exchanged passwords" or "I stalked him and stole his passwords". Option A is wacky, but far better than Option B.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    It is possible that before she left after killing him, she pushed the screen out of the window to make it look like a break in or something. Or it's possible that the screen is defected. I have one that always pops out.
    Both of those explanations work. I also wondered if maybe the friends who eventually found Travis removed the screen when they were trying to figure out how to get into the house because they could not reach Travis?

...I'm sure she was very convincing with whatever story she came up with. She seemed to be very good at playing the prefect friend/girlfriend to all the men in her life. That's why I think the word manipulative has been used so much in this trial when describing her.
    Sociopaths can be astonishingly convincing, even when they are attempting to sell something absurd. They just have a way of putting things that draws people in and makes them believe. The sociopath in my life attempted to murder someone and almost succeeded (victim shot 5 times and almost died). Yet when on trial for attempted murder, the "explanation" they gave was, frankly, absurd and mostly nonsensical. But it was delivered with the utmost of sincerity and charm (just like Jodi). And astonishing as it seems, the jury bought it, and the trial ended in an acquittal.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    All of this leads me to believe her diagnosis is a cluster B soup (BPD, sociopathy, narcissistic) and we gotta throw in pinch of passive-dependent traits. If she didn't kill Travis in such a horrible way, I might empathize. (dont shoot me)
    I think this seems exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    present company excepted... right?
    But of course.

I don't think Travis knew Jodi was coming. I think she just showed up. So I do agree with you on that.
    I used to be in the "Travis knew she was coming" camp, but after hearing several excellent arguments to the contrary on this board, I have switched to the "Travis did not know she was coming" camp.

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    ... the talking heads are freaking me OUT! ... Yet, the only focus (it seems) is on Deanna and the fact that Travis was, in fact, NOT a virgin.
    ...and am totally confused by the chitter chatter on TV. I found Nurmi and his questions offensive.
    I thought Juan got more out of yesterday than the past three months of the psycho babble stuff. Am I missing stuff, or watching too much TV?
    You're watching too much HLN. They are only interested in items that are either salacious or controversial. You know they pay people to come on and give controversial opinions, right? They don't really even try to hide it, on JVM several weeks ago, the lawyers all gave similar opinions one day, and JVM actually said, "You all agree with each other?? That isn't interesting!" Plus, they keep on playing bits of the phone sex tape over and over, including Travis' most extreme comments. Then they go on the air 2 minutes later and talk about justice for Travis and how Jodi is dragging his name through the mud (when they just did the same for the 2,000th time themselves). They keep replaying those details because of their salacious nature.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by DenverClipper View Post
    I am thinking court was delayed till 1:30 today so that Juan can fly in a surprise witness? I hear buzz about a bank fraud investigator being in the line-up for today.

Speculating here - but maybe the missing link that prompted that long text message from Travis was because he discovered she hacked his bank account? It would make sense.
    Dr D testified it was over 'invading his privacy'. However his friend Searle said it was when she hacked into his FB.
    Perhaps Im hoping for too much but.. could it be the Chase card might be related to those 3 checks she said where she was borrowing TA money. Could it be she was actually paying back amounts TA paid on her Chase card since we know she was financially busted. More likely, it is just to verify the gas purchases
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by phantompoet View Post
    no Melendez said that he recalls about 90 pictures not deleted, I have not heard of that before
    Well that makes a HUGE difference to my idea that she wanted the pictures. Were ALL the pix from that day deleted (I mean the ones that ended up all over the net, just to be clear in case some weren't publicly released) And were ONLY the pix from that day deleted? Because if that's the case, there goes my idea - it must be 100% wrong. Have they ever said if it was all memory card & not maybe some on the cameras internal memory as well? Or was the internal memory the irretrievable stuff?

I'm behind again, so if you all covered this already since today's testimony, don't worry about posting it again. I'll catch up soon so I'll find the original posts & get my answers then. See you all when I catch up! Just gone midnight here, so hope I make it before I fall asleep with my tablet on my pillow..
    Last edited by blighted star; 04-24-2013 at 06:30 AM. Reason: whoops, quoted nc, didn't mean to! fixed it! sorry! see what happens after midnight...

And how many layers of security did online banking have then?

As I recall, my JPM/Chase account detected that I was at my home computer and used passwords.

What if Jodi accessed his account on his computer and asked to reset his password with an email to his email address that she had access to? What if he stored his passwords on his computer? What if Travis used the same password for everything? What if his password was 'napolean77'(dog/year born)?
    By 2007 and 2008, banks turned up security for online accounts. I was using online banking back in 97 and 98, but things werent as secure as now. You can not store your online password for a bank account or credit cards. I detest when my chase account times out when I am home alone trying to pay bills. All it takes is a phone call or the dog demanding I take her out.

Of course Jodi could have reset things. But it would be easily traced. Something is up cause that check she wrote to Travis was a long convoluted phone conversation with Flores. We shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Well that makes a HUGE difference to my idea that she wanted the pictures. Were ALL the pix from that day deleted (I mean the ones that ended up all over the net, just to be clear in case some weren't publicly released) And were ONLY the pix from that day deleted? Because if that's the case, there goes my idea - it must be 100% wrong. Have they ever said if it was all memory card & not maybe some on the cameras internal memory as well? Or was the internal memory the irretrievable stuff?

I'm behind again, so if you all covered this already since today's testimony, don't worry about posting it again. I'll catch up soon so I'll find the original posts & get my answers then. See you all when I catch up! Just gone midnight here, so hope I make it before I fall asleep with my tablet on my pillow..
    My take on the pictures from yesterday's testimony is that there were 90 pictures left on TA's camera that were there before Stabby started snapping away. She only deleted the pictures from June 4th and did not delete those that were already on the camera - presumably taken by TA before June 4th. This was great testimony produced from a Jury question.

Thread Information