Page 595 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 95 495 545 585 593 594 595 596 597 605 645 695 1095 1595 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,875 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    ‏@josemcyntire

Arias Family is working on a FOX NEWS Special! How they are allowed to film Specials during trial is beyond me! pic.twitter.com/zvkgaKqvt9

Seriously?? I suppose the family can though.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvian View Post
    I dunno if that could be cigarette smoke smell or something burnt ....I just wonder if she set light to some things such as clothes or shoes or other things that would tie her to the murder.
    I believe she complained of that when she picked up the car and so it was noted on the receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    @josemcyntire 44m

Aside from tweeting & artwork, #jodiarias is also writing BUSINESS PLANS in Jail! Pioneering inmate entrepreneurship? pic.twitter.com/FaV1bSfmCu

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Interesting point of view, Jose believes Stabby's mother was trying to help her escape from the police before she was arrested.....

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rjt7qt

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

An exclusive look at Jodi Arias' life behind bars

Through contacts, I was able to gain access to Estrella Jail where Jodi is housed, and to her cell. She didn't know I was coming, and at first, she wasn't happy to see me at all. But she eventually warmed up a bit.

We spoke together for quite some time.

Because of her impending case, and the advice of her attorneys, she didn't want to appear on camera. I agreed, and I promised her not to reveal some of the things we talked about.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/20...clipId=8214947

She was still talking to media AFTER the trial started.
    "She comes off as very likable" Wow. Wonder how he feels now about her likability. This was before she took the stand.

P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    Whoa! That was a pretty gruesome crime.

Hello, crazy
    JSS has another one, Gavin MacFarlane. She should be used to crazies by the time Arias sat down.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Interesting point of view, Jose believes Stabby's mother was trying to help her escape from the police before she was arrested.....

IMO JA's mom never would have mentioned the gun to the cops if she wanted to help her get away. I dont think she would have been so negative in the interrogation tapes if she was trying to help her either.
    I think it is a mothers natural instinct to protect her own. I don't think it is bad that she is supporting her. She is, after all, still her mom. I would be devastated if my daughter ever did something like this, but I would still love her and want to be there for her.

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    @WildAboutTrial: Juan is right beside me talking to his next witness, explaining the swearing in process and where to go to get on the stand. #JodiArias

It better be Walmart dammit
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

@josemcyntire 44m

Aside from tweeting & artwork, #jodiarias is also writing BUSINESS PLANS in Jail! Pioneering inmate entrepreneurship? pic.twitter.com/FaV1bSfmCu

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIi-93ECQAAcjIg.jpg:large[/IMG

Her idiocy knows no bounds!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Where did he get this information? (regarding the surveillance times and findings) I haven't seen that anywhere.

;/
    Last edited by Poppycock; 05-09-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Via @jeffgoldesq

#Jodiarias brief in Support of motion for surrebuttal
    Factial Backround
    Over the defense objection, this Court allowed the state to present evidence via Dr. J aneen De Marte regarding Borderline Personality. The state failed to present any evidence of personality disorder in its case-in-chief. The defense presented no evidence regarding Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) during its case-in-chief. During argument the state pointed out that the defense witness, Dr. Richard Samuels testified during questioning that at one point early in his evaluation, he questioned whether BPD would be appropriate. No further questions about BPD were asked. Dr. Samuels did not testify to his reasons why he ultimately did not diagnose BPD. During the state's rebuttal testimony, the state was allowed to delve in depth into Dr. Demarte's diagnosis of BPD. She testified about BPD in general, the traits commonly associated with BPD, and why she believed that BPD was an appropriate diagnosis for Ms. Arias. The state claimed that it was proper rebuttal to the defense expert's diagnosis of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). However, PTSD is not a personality disorder, so the state was not rebutting a diagnosis of one personality disorder over another. On cross exa.tnination of Dr. De Marte, defense counsel presented her vvith her own testing scores that support a PTSD diagnosis and do not support a BPD diagnosis. However, because the state did not introduce this evidence in its case~ in-chief, defense is unable to counter the state's witness and is left with Dr. DeMarte's inexperienced opinions that are in complete contradiction to defense expert's opinion

LEGAL ARGUMENT The purpose of surrebuttal testimony is to explain and rebut new evidence allowed in the state's rebuttal case or to impeach the evidence presented in rebuttal. State v. Steelman, 120 Ariz. 301,585 P.2d 1213 (1978). If a court allows new evidence to be introduced in state's rebuttal, a defendant should be allowed to introduce contradictory evidence in surrebuttal. State v. Young, 116 Ariz. 385, ii I ::~ 569 P .2d 815 (1977). Furthermore. surrebuttal should always be allowed when it is meant eSJ)ecia!l? to counter new and uncontradicted evidence put on b?y the prosecution in its rebuttal. People v. Martinez, 181 Colo. 27,506 P.2d 744 (1973). ~ l;; ~ ~ 15 Surrebuttal evidence should be allowed when it is not cumulative. State v. ~ < ~ 3E ~ 16 l7 Talmadge, 196 Ariz. 436, 999 P.2d 192 (2000); State v. Jensen, 153 Ariz. 171, 18 179, 73 5 P .2d 781, 789 ( 1987). The evidence that the defense seeks to admit is not cumulative. Rather it is directly related to Dr. De Marte's diagnosis of BPD and her own testing scores of Ms. Arias. No such evidence has been previously entered
    CONCLUSION Therefore, Ms. Arias by and through defense counsel undersigned hereby notices her surrebuttal witness and requests this Court to allow surrebuttal evidence for the foregoing reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    On another note, HLN read the entire email and texts from may 26. What triggered Travis's tirade was Jodi's lying response to his accusation of Jodi slitting the tires. Leave it to a BPD to be pissed off enough to kill when a lover accuses her of doing something she actually did!
    ....and from that information, it's easy enough to step into Travis's shoes at that moment and let go of all the restraints that were part of his character and, uncharacteristically, just explode. Travis treated Arias as though she was his most intimate confidante then suddenly came to the full realization that she was nothing but a destructive alien presence in his life! To his detriment, he couldn't maintain that view for more than a few days. When his inherent character took back over, he allowed his natural disbelief in the possibility that devils like her actually walked the earth to re-establish itself within him. He opened the door to her a few days later and that was the end of him.

You can see from his writings about his mother that he perceived harm as coming only from persons affected by some externally induced phenomenon. The evil was the drugs, not the mother. He lived with that conviction and it served him well. The concept, revealed in his e-mail 'rant' with Arias, that someone could be perpetually and inherently evil to the core was alien to him and not one he could sustain. In a nutshell, Travis was unable to surrender his belief in the essential goodness of people. A perfect target for a Psycho! Even while Arias was murdering him, Travis manifested his disbelief in the presence of pure evil by turning to her for help.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

@WildAboutTrial 1m

Defense has come out of chambers, Flores, Juan and Steven went back in to chambers. Spectators were just let in

I'm really hoping for a productive day today. One day closer to a verdict. I think JM should call Jodi one last time to have her remind everyone how smug she is and how she truly believes she's a victim.
    Jenn

Has anyone seen the seal yet? All I've got is a black screen on the feed.

Some commentators have said that I don't talk to Jodi. Fuck yeah, I don't. I pee standing up and I value my house, my BMW, and my life way too much to risk it!

I also have some other reasons.

1. My boy Gus called dibs. I don't know why, but he called it. Bro Code. I can't violate that. Bros before hos, everybody knows.

2. Mrs. N. She told me it's a no fly zone. The future mother of my children, the woman who put a ring on it. She makes the rules. I am 100% taken and a business hug could send the wrong message. Just ask Abe Abdelwhatever.

3. A certain Mormon husband and wife team at a certain company. I got an email from them warning me to stay away from that woman. I do what they say.

4. Attorney client privilege. I'm privileged to be an attorney and I just don't want to talk to her.

5. She might tell me the truth. What would I do then? I'm not sure I would recognize the truth at this point, and there is only a small chance she would tell it, but it's just safe lawyering to shield myself from that possibility.

[QUOTE=Poppycock;3398191]Will the real Coconut please stand up ~ I think the avatar has some of the ladies hot and bothered! here is a snap of your ward, looks pretty desolate.

I hope he doesn't show up at all, much less in a sport shirt and tie, that is WRONG!
    Also, JW ought to try some soft curl in her hair, I am tired of the scarecrow look!

THis is one week after they became official? What was she referring to that was troubling him?
    Quote Originally Posted by denn View Post
    I hate to say this - but, what does Wallmart add to this, other than she is a liar? was driving at night in the desert. Although I believe she did not want to be caught in AZ.

QUOTE]
    Gas cans are a big deal in my book; I have lived in AZ all my life, and travelled to So Ca dozens of times, never even thinking of taking gas cans, full or empty. Ditto my road trips anywhere in the USA, Europe or Mexico. I would rather go to a well lit gas station at night than stop on the side of the road. How many of you have taken full gas cans on a road trip, (not off road trip)? The third can lie is huge, a red handed lie. I still have not figured out why she needed it though. She should have had 2.5 gallons still in her tank, plus the 10 would have got her to Vegas. I kept track last week, we got there on 13 gallons @22pmg. Which by the way Vegas is not on the way to UT from Mesa, and there is no way she would drive there by mistake from Mesa. It was to look like she was going from LA. And filling them up again in SLC, baffling. What a hassle to fill your tank from gas cans. And whatever happened to them?

its only 12 bucks, for 6 mos. I hope this show is over by then.

The timestamps as well, not enough time for her version of events.

I just told my husband someone is coming from Canada to watch in May, he said shouldn't it be over this week? I had to catch up on youtube on my earbuds driving back from Vegas Sat. while he listened to his Rosetta Stone Spanish course. That is how I picked up a little Spanish, entende senor?

You are back the 6th right? We can meet up with Ian!

I am planning on going down tomorrow, taking an "old" friend.
    Love the Spanish! Yeah, I'm actually back on the 4th but I am going to request the Monday after off so I can go. Are you saying you would go on the 6th as well? I might even think about the full day but you know what that circus looks like at lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 18m

Willmott is here in a vomity green colored outfit. .she just strutted down the tan carpet like it was the academy awards. #JodiArias

Also he just said flores, juan, and steven went into chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    JSS has another one, Gavin MacFarlane. She should be used to crazies by the time Arias sat down.
    Strip club shooter. Family thinks he's insane. Meh, could be..he's got the eyes for it.

Does anyone else think Evangeline Gomez is a total Beotch?! Or is it just me? Makes me want to smack that condescending smile right off of her face!

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Has anyone seen the seal yet? All I've got is a black screen on the feed.
    http://bcove.me/r9952nln i can see the seal

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Some commentators have said that I don't talk to Jodi. Fuck yeah, I don't. I pee standing up and I value my house, my BMW, and my life way too much to risk it!

I also have some other reasons.

1. My boy Gus called dibs. I don't know why, but he called it. Bro Code. I can't violate that. Bros before hos, everybody knows.

2. Mrs. N. She told me it's a no fly zone. The future mother of my children, the woman who put a ring on it. She makes the rules. I am 100% taken and a business hug could send the wrong message. Just ask Abe Abdelwhatever.

3. A certain Mormon husband and wife team at a certain company. I got an email from them warning me to stay away from that woman. I do what they say.

4. Attorney client privilege. I'm privileged to be an attorney and I just don't want to talk to her.

5. She might tell me the truth. What would I do then? I'm not sure I would recognize the truth at this point, and there is only a small chance she would tell it, but it's just safe lawyering to shield myself from that possibility.
    Big Daddy Yum Yum you do make laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by DiaDeLosMuertos View Post
    I'm really hoping for a productive day today. One day closer to a verdict. I think JM should call Jodi one last time to have her remind everyone how smug she is and how she truly believes she's a victim.
    Me too but so far we're off to a piss poor start

@WildAboutTrial 1m

#JodiArias just went back into chambers as well. I wonder when I will get invited back there for some festivities?

@WildAboutTrial 4m

Nurmi and Willmott are headed into chambers now. #JodiArias

THis is one week after they became official? What was she referring to that was troubling him?
    And yet her email to Abe Abdelwhatever (thanks Coconut!) on Feb 18th she says that she and TA are not "official"

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    On another note, HLN read the entire email and texts from may 26. What triggered Travis's tirade was Jodi's lying response to his accusation of Jodi slitting the tires. Leave it to a BPD to be pissed off enough to kill when a lover accuses her of doing something she actually did!
    When was this? I'd like to find a video, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by eliqueang View Post
    WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 18m

Willmott is here in a vomity green colored outfit. .she just strutted down the tan carpet like it was the academy awards. #JodiArias

Also he just said flores, juan, and steven went into chambers.
    I heart wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvian View Post
    I heart wild.
    I used to like him but his third person salmon grew stinky. over done.

Thread Information