Page 585 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 85 485 535 575 583 584 585 586 587 595 635 685 1085 1585 ... LastLast
Results 14,601 to 14,625 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

The posts yesterday got me thinking about the Purple Plum. I dug this up from WS website. It was one of the juror questions for Stabby.

re: the 9mm gun that you purchased on July 1, 2008. Who was going on the camping trip? A: two dishwashers from Purple Plum, Calvin and another guy I don't remember his name, and a few other people. I think there were other women going but I don't know.

Could it be that Stabby was nervous that maybe Juan had interviewed the dishwashers? Maybe they know something that she doesn't want out?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Know what I find funny? Juan is so recluse that upon googling his name, other than the Arias case, you find more information about a Juan Martinez attorney in Florida....ha ha!
    I found quite a bit. I'll put it on the Juan thread so we can keep this for the murder of Travis Alexander.
    Someone should start an Art thread for JA maybe.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 12:22 PM.

The posts yesterday got me thinking about the Purple Plum. I dug this up from WS website. It was one of the juror questions for Stabby.

re: the 9mm gun that you purchased on July 1, 2008. Who was going on the camping trip? A: two dishwashers from Purple Plum, Calvin and another guy I don't remember his name, and a few other people. I think there were other women going but I don't know.

Could it be that Stabby was nervous that maybe Juan had interviewed the dishwashers? Maybe they know something that she doesn't want out?
    The camping trip was another lie to cover the reason that she bought a gun. I think Juan knows this and was toying with her. That's my take, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

[QUOTE=blighted star;3397473]
    Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Exactly! She had heard the ME's testimony (many days earlier) about the bullet trajectory and had already told her story about Travis bodyslamming her, now she had to modify this one detail to try to fit the evidence.

THANKYOU, I nearly missed this pic in one of my desktop>mobile flips. Between this one & oh right's I've got the idea now. AFL in Australia involves huge leaps, high into the air, I wasn't imagining anything that high, but this is still a lot lower & wider than I was expecting. So was her claim that he was still in the shower when he flew into his rage? Was he supposed to have done that in a confined space, with sliding doors that allowed an exit point that's generally smaller than most household doorways?

Or is he supposed to have stepped out of the shower first & then suddenly adopted this pose? She says linebacker, but the pose she's demonstrating in court reminds me of sumo wrestling. It's almost cartoonish in it's silliness.
    Hi BStar! You're up late over there on the other side of the world! According to Jodi's story: she dropped the camera, Travis jumped out of the shower, bodyslammed her, she got away, ran into the closet, grabbed the gun, ran into the bathroom with Travis chasing her, she pointed the gun at him as he was charging her 'like a linebacker' and the gun 'accidentally' went off.

And yes, the pose is ridiculous. At the time many said it looked more like a ballet move than a linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    I'm a watercolorist. I've done lots of pencil work, but I find it's too controlled. I like the challenges that paint gives me. Jodi's art is reminiscent of tracing stuff kids were doing in middle school. I'd like to see her do something free hand. I don't think she has the vision one needs for it though

NOT tooting my own horn. I just really hate what Jodi is doing. So does the entire art community. Her stuff is only selling because it's murderbilla. It would never sell otherwise.

Oh thankyou!! for posting those, it's 4am here so I'm going to come back without stinging, sore eyes for a proper look tomorrow (I mean today). I don't think Jodi's work will change much either. I said high school, but that's because we don't have middle school. If she was maybe yr 8-9, I could see her work gaining some depth as she became more aware of who she is. But she's a grown woman in her 30's. Her work already reflects who she is. If it's rigid & shallow now, it always will be. Emotional depth is not something she can learn to project into her work, no matter how many hours she can now devote to it.

Personally I'm limited to cartooning capybaras & chameleon's on school lunch bags these days, so I 'm not really in a position to criticise, it just annoys me when there's so many incredibly talented people who don't get anywhere near her exposure for the simple fact they've had the decency not to murder someone. 'Cos you're right. She wouldn't get jackshit otherwise.

I'm a watercolorist. I've done lots of pencil work, but I find it's too controlled. I like the challenges that paint gives me. Jodi's art is reminiscent of tracing stuff kids were doing in middle school. I'd like to see her do something free hand. I don't think she has the vision one needs for it tho.
    This is my friend's baby. I love painting children.

And my dog. Love interesting faces.

This painting was from a photo I found back in 1986. I was 18 when I painted this.

NOT tooting my own horn. I just really hate what Jodi is doing. So does the entire art community. Her stuff is only selling because it's murderbilla. It would never sell otherwise.
    Beautiful work. Thanks go for sharing. Makes me smile

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

The victims rights advocates are all over everything Jodi is selling. Don't worry. They know. :)

[QUOTE=*crickets*;3397653]
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post

Hi BStar! You're up late over there on the other side of the world! According to Jodi's story: she dropped the camera, Travis jumped out of the shower, bodyslammed her, she got away, ran into the closet, grabbed the gun, ran into the bathroom with Travis chasing her, she pointed the gun at him as he was charging her 'like a linebacker' and the gun 'accidentally' went off.

And yes, the pose is ridiculous. At the time many said it looked more like a ballet move than a linebacker.
    No way any of her moves even remotely resemble ballet. She looks like a pteredactyl ... what a wing span!

movements resemble ballet

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Jillee your artwork is amazing

i had to login just to say that

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    I found quite a bit. I'll put it on the Juan thread so we can keep this for the murder of Travis Alexander.
    Someone should start an Art thread for JA maybe.
    GREAT idea! Both the art stuff and Juan! I too have been looking for info on him. I thought that because he's a prosecutor, he hides his family status for safety reasons. I think he should write a book. There is so much we don't know! This case is being touted as the biggest trial world wide. It would really be a shame if someone didn't write something about the backstory. Maybe Det. Flores will write one.... Now, that's a book I would buy!

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

[QUOTE=*crickets*;3397653]
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post

Hi! yep I am up waaaay too late. Took the kids to a movie (wrong one it turned out), then watched the micro-bats flitter over Jervis Bay with dolphins in the background - better than the movie. Kids crashed but I seem to have insomnia tonight. I mean this morning - it's 4.30am. Kids'll be up in 2-3 hrs. Back on topic though, that pose is hilarious! He would've charged head- first into her crotch surely? If he didn't crack his own skull sliding wet across the floor first. I hadn't paid this story much attention when I first came to MDS, but I think I'm going to track back through all her old statements after the kids holidays are over. I'm interested in seeing what earlier examples of La Vi's court appearances were like too. Right now, I better sleep - back in a few hours...

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Jillee, what beautiful artwork! I wish I was artistic/creative. I don't have a creative bone in my body. I can color in a color book like nobody's business though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

According to HLN, defense is asking court to include "heat of passion" or manslaughter by sudden quarrel in jury instructions...
    Also asking for a sur-rebuttal case. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I really don't want either of these to come in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    According to HLN, defense is asking court to include "heat of passion" or manslaughter by sudden quarrel in jury instructions...
    Also asking for a sur-rebuttal case. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I really don't want either of these to come in at all.
    Manslaughter by sudden quarrel? That's a new one! Is that a variation of self defense, except you kill the person because you are mad and not because your life is in danger?

I'm a watercolorist. I've done lots of pencil work, but I find it's too controlled. I like the challenges that paint gives me. Jodi's art is reminiscent of tracing stuff kids were doing in middle school. I'd like to see her do something free hand. I don't think she has the vision one needs for it tho.

You're very talented...

I feel the same way about Jodi's photography. It's not impressive at all. I'm a hobbyist (would never call myself a photographer) and I take way better pictures than what I've seen of her work. Calling her a photographer just makes me cringe. She would never be able to make a living with it unless she got much, much better.

please to be providing me an update? why isn't the trial on today? are they in deliberations?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Just another way to drag this trial out longer at taxpayer expense, while making sure they get the last word.

I think part of their strategy is to get the jury to forget whatever points were made by the prosecution... or maybe bore them to death.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    please to be providing me an update? why isn't the trial on today? are they in deliberations?
    There is no court today because a juror needed the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Agree with everything but bolded part...to me the murder, especially the 9 stabs to the back and slit throat, screams RAGE. I picture her in a furious frenzy stabbing his back over and over, STAB STAB STAB...then the coup de grace, yanking his head back and savagely slicing his throat ear to ear..."take THAT, you bastard!"

I do think things will begin to move quickly now that they have gotten through all the Psych expert witnesses. The rest should be pretty straightforward and we'll be back to the murder and premeditation.
    Rage, no. Frustrated...yes.

they have been asking for that a bunch of times and it always gets denied - thats why none of the experts were allowed to say the scene looked premeditated or sudden crime of passion - idk why they just keep refiling the same motions

Yes! I knew what you were saying. I can tell it's pencil work. It's awesome pencil work too! JA will never acquire the ability to draw like that. She's stunted.
    Jodi's artwork shouldn't be called art. Her drawings are hollow, empty, superficial. It's like Dr. DeMarte described "sacchrine" or sicky sweet, cloying. Like all things Jodi, there's always something she cant hide. In drawings with hands, the hands are obviously hers and they are prominent. Those hands shot and stabbed Travis.

Her drawings confirm her diagnosis of BPD. Here we can see her idealized world...all sweet and innocent. And she can't even get that right, she has to draw those murderous hands.

That makes sense.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I think a juror had something going on today.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Wish I could read what they submitted! Normally sur-rebuttal is rare and only allowed if the Def has NEW evidence but with this Judge anything might happen.

4/22/2013

REQ - Request - Party (001)

4/22/2013

NOTE: REQUEST FOR SURREBUTTAL TESTIMONY AND NOTICE OF SURREBUTTAL WITNESS

4/21/2013

RJI - Request for Jury Instructions - Party (001)

4/22/2013
    NOTE: DEFENDANT'S REQUESTED JURY INSTRUCTIONS
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

This trial will never end. I think the defense is trying to get jurors to bow out.

Thread Information