Page 569 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 69 469 519 559 567 568 569 570 571 579 619 669 1069 1569 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,225 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    No, they would have to be unanimous in finding her guilty on one of those charges- EITHER premeditation OR felony murder. There could be jurors who find her not guilty on both of those charges.
    Thanks for the clarification. I thought it meant if the majority of the jurors voted guilty, then guilty it was. What you said makes sense. Thanks!

Does anyone know who some of the other rebuttal witnesses are? I know there is a forensic computer expert and the Hughes but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Does anyone know who some of the other rebuttal witnesses are? I know there is a forensic computer expert and the Hughes but that's all.
    Reps from Walmart and Tesoro. JM may have a surprise witness up his sleeve as well.
    Are the Hughes confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    The most egregious error is ending a sentence with a preposition.
    Example: Where's it at? Where are you at?

Correct form: Where's it at, bitch. Where are you at, stupid?

I bought at birthday card that said something similar. The front of the card had two women on it.

Woman 1: "Where's your birthday party at?"

Woman 2: "Don't end a sentence with a preposition."

You open up the card, and Woman 1 says: "Where's you birthday party at, bitch?"

Quote Originally Posted by denn View Post
    Circumstantial leads to pre-meditataion:

1. Gas cans
    2. Car rental
    3. Change of hair color
    4. Stolen gun
    5. Calling and leaving message after killing to establish an alibi.
    6. Turning cell off and then on again after reaching Utah border.

I am ready for JM to sum it all up.
    The strongest evidence to me for premeditation is the gas cans and the fact that she turned off her cell phone while in Arizona. Other things can be explained, such as: she didn't steal the gun; she dyed her hair earlier; she rented a car because she didn't trust her car to make the trip and she chose a rental place through a travel site because it was cheaper.

Calling and leaving messages after the murder does not prove premeditation, just an effort to cover her ass after the fact.

But there was absolutely no reason for her to want to hide the fact from authorities that she went to Arizona other than that she was up to something nefarious. Using gas cans to avoid using gas stations and shutting off her cell phone for the entire trip through AZ shows to me an attempt to hide the fact that she was in Arizona from authorities. And the decision to do this occurred prior to her trip to Travis's house.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Reps from Walmart and Tesoro. JM may have a surprise witness up his sleeve as well.
    Are the Hughes confirmed?
    Thanks M JOY. I'm not sure whether or not they were confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    The author of the article got the details wrong. The actual wording of the statute says the person is committing burglary if they enter or remain unlawfully in a residence with the intent to commit any theft or any felony. (This is second degree burglary)
    Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    I *think* on the felony murder charge it doesn't have to be intent to murder. I think they are saying although she says she was invited to the home, she committed an aggravated assault (the initial stab/shot), which leads to her status of invited guest to uninvited guest and that she remained unlawfully in a residential structure for purposes of committing a felony.
    Yep, y'all are right.

@zeebee. It came to me from somewhere and, obviously, it stuck. I never saw the birthday card. Everything is derivative. Maybe they got it from me?

I have a relative who is a grammar Nazi. I'm always coming up with things to counter his insufferable attitude.
    Last edited by Ian 1; 04-19-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Willmott went beyond suggesting, (in my estimation), she told Janeen it was so. Then had the nerve to ask "didn't you know that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady MacBeth View Post
    JA mouths "whatever" to JD's explanation of her demonstrating feelings of abandonment by latching onto her boyfriends.

Not the first time ive read her lips when she says "whatever" in response to someone on the stand.
    I was curious what she was mumbling. She is going to say whatever when she gets convicted too.

Willmott went beyond suggesting, (in my estimation), she told Janeen it was so. Then had the nerve to ask "didn't you know that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    I bought at birthday card that said something similar. The front of the card had two women on it.

The strongest evidence to me for premeditation is the gas cans and the fact that she turned off her cell phone while in Arizona. Other things can be explained, such as: she didn't steal the gun; she dyed her hair earlier; she rented a car because she didn't trust her car to make the trip and she chose a rental place through a travel site because it was cheaper.

Calling and leaving messages after the murder does not prove premeditation, just an effort to cover her ass after the fact.

But there was absolutely no reason for her to want to hide the fact from authorities that she went to Arizona other than that she was up to something nefarious. Using gas cans to avoid using gas stations and shutting off her cell phone for the entire trip through AZ shows to me an attempt to hide the fact that she was in Arizona from authorities. And the decision to do this occurred prior to her trip to Travis's house.
    I am thinking she dyed her hair to make sure if anyone happened to see a person going in and out of Travis house, they would assume it was his current woman friend. I also wonder if she dyed it in case blood got into it, and if so, she would have to take the time to wash it. Dark hair was much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy1197 View Post
    Awww. This photo warms my heart! Thanks for posting.
    So cute. I bet he is amazed he is so loved.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post

I agree - I meant to write the fact she lied to the rental place. She told them she was going to in town. When she returned the car, it had over 2800 miles on it.

The hair can be explained.

Gun looks very suspicious. If she had used Travis' supposed gun, why didn't she just leave it if it was self defense? She left the camera (ha!) and even took time to clean up.

Does anyone know whether JM will be able to construct shelves in his rebuttal?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Finding the weapon would have been nice, no doubt. But, there is NO doubt that weapons were used to cause the specific wounds suffered by TA. So, there is no doubt that a gun and a knife are involved, and that Jodi was the one who wielded them. If they had no evidence linking her to the crime, then the case would hinge on finding the weapon. In this case, they can proceed without that evidence.
    What I meant when I said I wished they had found the gun she had STOLEN from her grandparent's house, would have sealed the deal. Why she did not leave it behind. Travis never owned a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    @zeebee. It came to me from somewhere and, obviously, it stuck. I never saw the birthday card. Everything is derivative. Maybe they got it from me?

I have a relative who is a grammar Nazi. I'm always coming up with things to counter his insufferable attitude.
    lol

I need to go back and look at the video but I think Palin asks something to the effect of "would it surprise you that Lenore Walker doesn't refer to those 6 points or something anymore?" I don't believe I heard her confirm that was the case. I think she was trying to trip DeMarte up into something. Palin is a sneaky bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    I left out the part about him burping while speaking to the Judge and adjusting his junk while standing at the defense table.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    I need to go back and look at the video but I think Palin asks something to the effect of "would it surprise you that Lenore Walker doesn't refer to those 6 points or something anymore?" I don't believe I heard her confirm that was the case. I think she was trying to trip DeMarte up into something. Palin is a sneaky bitch!
    JW: Are you aware that Lenore Walker does not use those 6 criteria anymore?

JDM: That does not sound accurate.

JW: So you disagree then?

JDM: Yes.

JW: And you've never met Lenore Walker, have you?

I just saw a black and white photo of Stabby on my space under Jodi photos. The finger in which she claims Travis broke, looks bent there. Pinkie finger is straight. Is she double jointed? I wonder if JM has searched for photos w her before the date she claimed he broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Just put The Knife or The Gun in her hands at any point in time before she got to his house...
    Knife -- slashed tires. If you've ever actually "slashed" a tire then you know what kind of knife you need for that. OG's knives.
    Gun -- grandpa's gun & ammo, stolen 7 days before his murder with same caliber weapon.
    Consciousness of guilt -- the lies, the lies, the lies. The multiple measures she took to hide the trip to Mesa. Attempts to clean up the crime scene, delete the photos, act "normal" after.

When you see the assembled timeline, if you find there's reasonable doubt then you can only be convinced by a photo of Jodi slashing Travis' throat. Oh, wait .... we have that!

I mean, hey -- it makes perfect sense that Travis would go into a murderous rage when Jodi dropped his $400 camera onto a bath mat,

but he did not do same when she slashed his & his girlfriend's tires multiple times. Natch.

Wow - in her my space, poor Travis told her she was beautiful and enlightened. I felt sick reading that comment.

dimedropper
    Last edited by loonywop; 07-13-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Knife -- slashed tires. If you've ever actually "slashed" a tire then you know what kind of knife you need for that. OG's knives.
    Gun -- grandpa's gun & ammo, stolen 7 days before his murder with same caliber weapon.
    Consciousness of guilt -- the lies, the lies, the lies. The multiple measures she took to hide the trip to Mesa. Attempts to clean up the crime scene, delete the photos, act "normal" after.

When you see the assembled timeline, if you find there's reasonable doubt then you can only be convinced by a photo of Jodi slashing Travis' throat. Oh, wait .... we have that!

I mean, hey -- it makes perfect sense that Travis would go into a murderous rage when Jodi dropped his $400 camera onto a bath mat,

but he did not do same when she slashed his & his girlfriend's tires multiple times. Natch.
    He also did not fly into a rage when she blew out the engine in his Mercedes she was buying from him. Which was worth far more than the camera.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Let's talk about the engagement ring. What is proven and what is speculation?

Travis bought a ring for Deanna. She never accepted the ring for whatever reason. He put it in a closet. Later he discovered it was missing. He accused Jodi of stealing it (in an email?)?

But Jodi was never seen wearing the ring. It was never proven she stole it. Travis never locked his doors and lots of people went through the house. Did they find it in her stuff when they searched her house after the arrest?

Thread Information