Page 503 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 3 403 453 493 501 502 503 504 505 513 553 603 1003 1503 ... LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,575 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Hiya, Can anyone tell me what time court is supposed to start today please? Thank you!

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Interesting though, even with her "lack of experience" she came off more credible than those that have decades of experience. She was more professional and knew how to compose herself on the stand in a court of law. Strange.
    Yes she is all of the above, as I have stated more than once...

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Hiya, Can anyone tell me what time court is supposed to start today please? Thank you!
    9:30! Seal is up on WAT

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    oh crap... I was here for credit card advice... my debtspace.com ...my bad
    Haha! Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    9:30 AZ time I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Twins fascinate me. Jodi's mom is vulnerable bordering on fragile. Jodi's friends dont seem to be the "type" of people that would be supportive of momma. Instead, they are high and giggling uncontrollably or jail fed cons who are looking for notoriety. Momma's twin protects her. And she needs that protection IMO. No amount of money could motivate me to be momma arias. (well, maybe lots of money) Maybe auntie or someone always served in this role? Lord knows her husband has a histrionic streak and scoops up the attention. I could go on and on...
    I thought I detected a distinct change in demeanor with Momma Arias yesterday... it was while Dr. Demarte was testifying about Jodi "flipping" from super-happy to angry or depressed... both Mom and Dad said pretty much the same thing in their interviews with Dry. Flores just after Jodi's arrest. in 2008. A bit of a reality check for Mom.

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Hey All, my data usage has been cut for next 3 days, so I'm going to be relying on you all for lots of trial info....pretty please!!

Just wanted to come in say how appalling Willmutt was yesterday. She was really rattled and it showed, fuck I nearly felt sorry for her until I remember her calling Travis a pedo when she knows damn well he wasn't. I'm sooooo bummed I can't watch, I bet we see Willmutt self-destruct again and I wanna see it!

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    oh crap... I was here for credit card advice... my debtspace.com ...my bad
    Haha There's probably a thread for that

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Ooops, sorry. Must have been member Poppycock then?
    It was @Placroix I believe
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by lyssa1985 View Post
    9:30! Seal is up on WAT
    Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Haha! Good one!

9:30 AZ time I believe
    Thanks so much!!

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

@WildAboutTrial

Courtroom is empty, spectators were let in early and they are asking many questions out loud to Valerie.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

I heard one spectator ask about Alyce and what happened to her showing up on Tuesday. Valerie was not allowed to answer. #JodiArias

One more thing, Juan has a certain style which doesn't change from witness to witness. yesterday Willmutt looked and acted like a massive, disorganised bitchy bitch who could barely string together a coherent sentence and was so very much different that the jury couldn't help to notice it and realise that the defence knows it's case is going down the toilet. It was just such a car wreck, anyhoo hope today is worse for them

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    @WildAboutTrial

Courtroom is empty, spectators were let in early and they are asking many questions out loud to Valerie.

I heard one spectator ask about Alyce and what happened to her showing up on Tuesday. Valerie was not allowed to answer. #JodiArias
    I know I posted she was there as per a twitter tweet but later heard she appeared by the telephone, so don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post

(meant "honest"... typo - whoops. This has not been my best posting day)
    Shift change. I was working that position yesterday.

just found it interesting yesterday that Dr. D attitude didnt change when JW started in on her, she seemed pretty much the same as she was when JM was up. IMO Vast difference w/the rest of the "experts".

The WATionary – Wild’s Dictionary for the Jodi Arias Trial.

Chicken Wing: When the defense attorney Kirk Nurmi is up to question a witness he does a gesture with his arm that resembles the motion a chicken would make with it’s wing. Think of the chicken dance, this is where the term “chicken wing” came from. Nurmi wears a rather large watch and I think he does this unique manuever to position the watch down at his wrist when it has ridden up on his arm.

Eeeeannnndddd: One of the most pleasurable times in this trial for not only myself, but also our loyal followers, is when defense attorney Kirk Nurmi is up in the spotlight and delivering his silky smooth questions to a lucky witness on the stand. Some compare his buttery soft voice to that of the legendary Barry White and he can even take a small, boring word like “and” and magically transform it into a savory feast for the ear drums by having it dance off his tongue sounding like “eeeaaannndddddd”.

Salmon: This simple word has started a huge trend for not just the Jodi Arias trial but for life in general. It all began during my daily fashion report when I commented on a shirt that Nurmi was wearing which looked a salmon color to me. Many tweeters corrected me on the color saying it was really pink but due to the backlash I decided to call everything salmon at that point. Ever since then I have seen an increase in salmon colors in courtroom attire. If you look hard enough you can see a hint of salmon in everything.

Salmony: An adjective that may be used to describe virtually any shade of any Salmon color.

http://wildabouttrial.com/one_off/th...i-arias-trial/

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    I have to admit I was hoping for more than BPD from Dr. D...the criteria seemed to describe Jodi to a T (as much as anyone following the trial can tell, never having met her) but there must be more to it than that. I mean, plotting and carrying out a brutal murder, then acting like nothing had happened, totally normal, then all the bizarre behavior after her arrest? And NO remorse whatsoever? Seriously, there must be something besides BPD going on here.

Metis? Batman?? ANYONE???
    I still think there is some sociopathy as well. Not because I am a professional in that field, but based on my personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    I wouldn't underestimate the splitting that Dr. Demarte spoke of...it's like the switch was flipped from idealized to hating Travis. The devaluing of Travis can be seen in how she slaughtered him and dumped him in the shower. She left him so exposed. I'm thinking that she seems more complex than everyday BPD. I say that with tongue in cheek because no two people with BPD are alike. And my career was spent in settings where the most difficult patients go and that could color my view. Having said all that, i lean towards co-occurring sociopathy.
    Yay, someone in the field thinks so too. I'm not crazy. (Okay, okay, maybe a litttle...)

I thought I detected a distinct change in demeanor with Momma Arias yesterday... it was while Dr. Demarte was testifying about Jodi "flipping" from super-happy to angry or depressed... both Mom and Dad said pretty much the same thing in their interviews with Dry. Flores just after Jodi's arrest. in 2008. A bit of a reality check for Mom.
    Yes. I actually felt a bit sorry for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    @WildAboutTrial

I guess they think this is live interactive theater??

Quote Originally Posted by elamir View Post
    I know I posted she was there as per a twitter tweet but later heard she appeared by the telephone, so don't really know.
    It would appear the judge allowed incompetence to be phoned in.

Good morning, MDS peeps! This is gonna be an interesting day.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

@WildAboutTrial

Deputy is headed into the room where #JodiArias is held. We still wait for her and the Judge to appear.

@WildAboutTrial

#JodiArias just arrived with a green top on. Totally void of salmon. I see a trend happening here and I don't like it one bit.

Maybe the defense team finally got the memo that dressing Stabby as Willmott Jr and color coordinating their outfits is a bad idea

@WildAboutTrial

Defense team just headed back into chambers

If Stabby phones in sick I'm going to be really pissed!

Just found the research cited by Demarte for Battered Woman Syndrome conducted by Leonore Walker. The instrument is called Battered Women Syndromequestionnaire (BWSQ) and was validated in the us and outside. Its been around since 1999. This again shows that Alyce is, shall we say, wanting as an expert. Her years of experience can not compete with her inability to use a reputable questionnaire. Instead, Alyce chose to sit at the jail for 6 or 7 hour clips talking to Jodi. Ugh! Her testimony putting aside her obvious bias is IMPEACHED.

Here are 2 abstracts from research and review articles:

Battered Woman Syndrome, November 2006, LENORE E.A. WALKER, published in THE NEW YORK ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, Volume 1087, Issue 1, Pages: 142–157
    Abstract: The construct of Battered Woman Syndrome (BWS) has been conceptualized as a subcategory of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It is composed of the following symptoms: (a) re-experiencing the battering as if it were reoccurring even when it is not, (b) attempts to avoid the psychological impact of battering by avoiding activities, people, and emotions, (c) hyperarousal or hypervigilance, (d) disrupted interpersonal relationships, (e) body image distortion or other somatic concerns, and (f) sexuality and intimacy issues. This article presents empirical data derived from administering the Battered Woman Syndrome Questionnaire (BWSQ) to women of four countries—United States, Spain, Greece, and Russia. The data support a theory of BWS

Intimate Partner Violence., MAUREEN C. McHUGH and IRENE HANSON FRIEZE in
    ANNALS OF THE NEW YORK ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, Volume 1087, Issue 1, November 2006, Pages: 121–141.
    abstract: This review examines multiple forms of intimate partner violence, including women's use of violence, and argues for development of more complex conceptualizations of intimate partner violence. As new victims are identified, partner violence has been reconceptualized. Research findings indicate that women are both victims and perpetrators in intimate partner violence, challenging previous conceptualizations and explanations. The authors argue that how researchers conceptualize intimate partner violence influences how they study and measure it. The authors call for researchers to develop more complex constructions of gender, and to distinguish between distinct forms of intimate partner violence.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...e-experts?lite

But Gierloff and other lawyers noted that Arias doesn't need all of the jurors to like her — she only needs one to feel enough of a connection that they will be reluctant to vote for the death penalty.

So while Gierloff thinks Arias' 18-day stand was far too long, Laboy said there may have been a method to the madness.

"She had 18 days of eye contact with the jury. Even when she was admitting she lied in the past, she did so with eye-to-eye contact," Laboy said. "She needs just one juror to think, 'I can't kill this person, she has sat here with me for 18 days.'"

Under Arizona law, all 12 jurors must agree on the death penalty. If they can't, prosecutors can empanel a second jury, or even a third, for a do-over of the penalty phase. If the third jury is hung, the judge will decide between 25 years to life or life with no possibility of parole.

I think my original way at the beginning diagnosis was BPD with sociopathic traits. And it is possible to have co-occuring personality disorders.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvian View Post
    It was not appropriate, hand on her hip calling the Doctor out as being too young and inexperienced?
    Hi from the USA! In our court system it was completely appropriate. You'll notice that Wilmott's approach to cross exam is the same as Martinez. Start attacking the expert's credentials, experience, methods, findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    At this point, I don't think Nurmi nor Willcott give a shit, they are going down the tubes with testimony. They are only going thru the motions of defending Jodi, a difficult position because they know she's guilty, and likely feel she deserves the DP too. Quite a position to be in, don't you agree?
    I doubt that their personal feelings enter into this. They are paid and sworn to do a job, and if they tank because of personal bias, there are serious repercussions. On top of that, they are criminal defense attorneys. They care about doing good work for their clients.

Quote Originally Posted by elamir View Post
    One more thing, Juan has a certain style which doesn't change from witness to witness. yesterday Willmutt looked and acted like a massive, disorganised bitchy bitch who could barely string together a coherent sentence
    This is Wilmott's signature style and it also doesn't change from witness to witness. She is not a strong speaker, or very good with language, so it's easy to underestimate her abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by leighmarker View Post
    just found it interesting yesterday that Dr. D attitude didnt change when JW started in on her, she seemed pretty much the same as she was when JM was up.
    I think she got her back up a few times and took a superior attitude to Wilmott. There were a few snarky and deliberately obtuse responses... straight out of the Arias playbook, actually. Pretty much everybody gets difficult under cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    Good morning, MDS peeps! This is gonna be an interesting day.
    Good morning...

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I think my original way at the beginning diagnosis was BPD with sociopathic traits. And it is possible to have co-occuring personality disorders.
    Yep. And you totally called the main diagnosis of BPD. Well done.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Looks like they have Stabby studying for the bar this morning. I would think Palin needs all the help she can get at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Thread Information