Page 501 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 601 1001 1501 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Dollface, as Cara stated above JW is trying to mirror JM. Unfortunately for her she not articulate enough to pull it off. She tries to be firm in order to hammer a point home but ends up stumbling and crossing herself up. It's actually quite amusing and sad at the same time. She is also mistaking JM confidence for snarkiness, and in doing so is coming across as adolescent in her demeanor when trying to mimic him. On another somewhat related note, it is becoming apparent that the DT is becoming ever so concerned and wrapped up in JM, that they have lost their focus in their case.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    Memorial photos used to be common. There were photographers who specialized in funeral photos.
    I collect antique photos and they used to take death photos that would seem strange even macabre (to us)... and these days doesn't everything get chronicled in photos? Not necessarily by a hired photographer but by I-phones etc.

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I thought yesterday was a good day. JM's Dr was very good on the stand with him. Her answers were short and to the point. She also got in some really GOOD statements about Jodi.

On the other side: If I was a defense lawyer, I would have also attacked her experience and the Dr's statement about compassion.
    I thought Palin was doing good, but then she got all turned around and confused again.

HLN said that the defense also gets to do a rebuttal to the rebuttal. If that's true, that sucks!!

Yes, I was impressed with the Dr's testimony as well. Wilmott's cross-exam so far has been very hard to follow; she is coming across like a total airhead and very nervous. She seems a little intimidated by Dr. D's credentials.

Defense rebuttal? Noooooooooo, please no!

Just a quick note on adjustment disorders. They usually occur after a major event. Divorce, death of a loved one, job loss...not so much to the extreme of say a man-made or natural trauma. Going to jail would qualify. Adjustment Disorders have a time limited duration of up to 6 months and then one may want to re-evaluate for PTSD which imo is why JM cut her off. He didn't want to go down that road!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    I collect antique photos and they used to take death photos that would seem strange even macabre (to us)... and these days doesn't everything get chronicled in photos? Not necessarily by a hired photographer but by I-phones etc.

Often, that funeral photo was the only photo taken of that life. Family couldn't fly in for the funeral and it was months if not years in between visits. Funeral photos were treasured.
    I am also fascinated in cemetery photography.

and now back to your regularly scheduled topic. sorry for the veer off.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    Just a quick note on adjustment disorders. They usually occur after a major event. Divorce, death of a loved one, job loss...not so much to the extreme of say a man-made or natural trauma. Going to jail would qualify. Adjustment Disorders have a time limited duration of up to 6 months and then one may want to re-evaluate for PTSD which imo is why JM cut her off. He didn't want to go down that road!
    Hhmmm Interesting... TY for enlightening us.

what about the duration and depth of Jodi's (claimed) memory loss and "fight or flight" effects that Demarte tried to debunk? Is it solid testimony that "higher brain functions" like deleting photos, cleaning crime scene etc are inconsistent with someone in the throws of an adrenaline fueled fight or flight episode? I mean people supposedly drive around town in an "Ambien fog" (and don't remember anything). is their any validity to that?

Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    I am familiar with the psychology program in Michigan, it is a top notch program. Demarte is solid.
    She is indeed. I loved how she unflappingly called the defense experts behaviors into question -- it's just common sense. And Alyce spending 44 hours interviewing Arias calls into question her integrity. No one needs that much time, unless they're just bilking the state out of monies for her retirement. I bet Ms. Laviolette bills 100+ hours for her advocacy.
    Apparently Jodi interacting with more seasoned clinicians leads to a disorganized cluster fuck. it got all twisty.
    Because Jodi ruins everything. She's like Sherman marching to the sea, leaving a trail of waste.

Hey folks, wasn't around yesterday but did watch the fab Dr J Demarte. She was fantastic! Eloquent, professional and unbiased. JW didn't have a hope. I knew she would try to attack her experience, utterly ridiculous.
    I have heard rumours there is going to be more rebuttal witnesses in relation to the video HLN had of Travis talking about the mugging he was involved in? True? False?

In my mind, what hurts the defense more than anything is this witness's calm, concise answers. Both State and Defense are getting easy to understand, short answers.
    And I believe they have told Jodi to keep her head down. They do not want the Jury seeing her expressions.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    what about the duration and depth of Jodi's (claimed) memory loss and "fight or flight" effects that Demarte tried to debunk? Is it solid testimony that "higher brain functions" like deleting photos, cleaning crime scene etc are inconsistent with someone in the throws of an adrenaline fueled fight or flight episode? I mean people supposedly drive around town in an "Ambien fog" (and don't remember anything). is their any validity to that?
    She did debunk that claim I thought pretty clearly. If you think about someone in a fight or flight mode it is adrenaline fueled and time limited due to the bodies natural ability to produce adrenaline, it only can make so much. In the "heat of the moment" if you will when you are trying to save your life one is not thinking rationally enough to say "oh I better delete these photos." After the adrenaline rush ceases your "higher brain functions" can reengage once the person is out of danger. Kind of like an "oh shit" moment!
    And since Ambien is a man-made chemical it effects the brain in a different way and everyone's chemistry is different so they will react differently to that substance. Ambien scares the hell outta me!!
    Its early and my "higher functioning brain" has not engage yet so I hope this made sense or helped!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    It's not weird to take photos at a funeral. Well, I think it's weird, but people do it all the time, so it's normal.
    When my grandmother died they took a picture of her in the coffin to send to her family in Portugal. Then when my step-grandmother died my mother took a picture of her to send to my brother, who is a Marine and stationed in California, so he could see her one last time. As strange as *I* think it is I think it is more common than we realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvian View Post
    Hey folks, wasn't around yesterday but did watch the fab Dr J Demarte. She was fantastic! Eloquent, professional and unbiased. JW didn't have a hope. I knew she would try to attack her experience, utterly ridiculous.
    Not ridiculous, totally appropriate and her job as a defense atty. Martinez would be doing exactly the same thing if he was doing the cross-exam (except his would be more effective) and you would be jumping up and down cheering him on.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    In my mind, what hurts the defense more than anything is this witness's calm, concise answers. Both State and Defense are getting easy to understand, short answers.
    And I believe they have told Jodi to keep her head down. They do not want the Jury seeing her expressions.
    At this point, I don't think Nurmi nor Willcott give a shit, they are going down the tubes with testimony. They are only going thru the motions of defending Jodi, a difficult position because they know she's guilty, and likely feel she deserves the DP too. Quite a position to be in, don't you agree?
    To tell her to keep her head down, I doubt it, only because it would show total non caring by JA. They, or at least JW knows this will stop the tugging at her sleeve or note passing or whispering every few minutes. I think they are just letting Jodi do her "thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvian View Post
    I have heard rumours there is going to be more rebuttal witnesses in relation to the video HLN had of Travis talking about the mugging he was involved in? True? False?
    True. Apparently the couple that took the video have been added to the states witness list.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
    So, I just finished watching all the testimony I missed from today. Um, my only question is.....can anyone tell me why the eff Donovan appears to be taking notes? What a joke.
    I agree. She is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    She seems wise beyond her years.
    Plus we knew the defense was going to take a crack at her being a scholar with so little experience in the field.
    I haven't yet found her to be less than spectacular. She seems to be filled with knowledge, even far beyond the years the two previous witness's had, she comes off professional & matter of fact. I think she'll continue to be solid< imo
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    LOVE

This was awesome. Thanks for posting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermomma View Post
    Does anyone know what happened Jodi's aunt? I haven't seen her in court once since it was rumored that Dr. Phil was paying her mother to take notes.
    I've been wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    True, but she did not practice as a Masters-level clinician for any length of time...went right into the PhD program after getting her Masters.

Okay, but what did she do with that time? After finishing her internship and getting her PhD in 8/2009, she worked 20 hours a week, doing 4 or so evaluations per week from 9/2009-1/2010, then took 2 months off to study for boards. She started working full-time in 3/2010 at the place she became director of when she got licensed in 7/2010.

So, 4 months of working 20 hours a week was the valuable experience she put off getting licensed for?
    Why do you want to discredit her so badly?
    For me, the proof is in the pudding. Samuels and Alyce sucked. Doesn't matter how long they've been around. DeMarte is very intelligent and is actually using the evidence and interviews and tests to form her expert opinion.

Yeah, I have seen cv's of over 50 pages ... for seasoned professionals. The cv format is different from a resume.
    This is true. I think though, CV's can be padded with ridiculousness the same as a resume. Longer doesn't always mean better.

(That's what she said.)

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    No, she wasn't combative, but she clearly was irritated, raised her voice a notch, and with firmness while correcting JW during the part JW was trying to point out that JDM waited a year before seeking licensure.. JDM had clearly stated why she waited a year, yet JW "forgot" that part and seemed to want that reason erased. They had a little go round at that point.
    Yeah, Willmott was being a b*tch. Plain and simple. She came across as jealous at times. Very immature and unprofessional. She kept trying to trip DeMarte up, but was unsuccessful, and yet still tried to claim it. She looked like a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHamburglar View Post
    Dollface, as Cara stated above JW is trying to mirror JM. Unfortunately for her she not articulate enough to pull it off. She tries to be firm in order to hammer a point home but ends up stumbling and crossing herself up. It's actually quite amusing and sad at the same time. She is also mistaking JM confidence for snarkiness, and in doing so is coming across as adolescent in her demeanor when trying to mimic him. On another somewhat related note, it is becoming apparent that the DT is becoming ever so concerned and wrapped up in JM, that they have lost their focus in their case.
    Very well said.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Look at Stabby saluting Dr Demarte yesterday when she finally looked up

https://twitter.com/PoorPaula/status...294657/photo/1
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    is it strange for demarte to spend small amounts of time at different places, or is that normal when some one is working on their doctorate to get the most experience in different areas?
    It's normal. Clinical rotations (even paid ones) last only a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post

Jodi acts like a petulant child....good lord!
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post

Damn it Jodi! Why you gotta do shit to confirm what Janeen is saying? My bad momma is gonna come out and shake you! (sorry folks, had to say it. She is acting like she is on a game show)

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
    So, I just finished watching all the testimony I missed from today. Um, my only question is.....can anyone tell me why the eff Donovan appears to be taking notes? What a joke.
    I'd have to assume that Jodi and her supporters are feeling the noose tightening, pun intended, and Jodi's confidence in herself being able to play the jury and others is waning. This may be an indication that they have finally realized what a dire situation Jodi is actually in and may be a last ditch effort to aid in an ever so sinking defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairuza View Post
    Originally Posted by PopRocks
    yea theres a grip of pics here

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/...race-exclusive

After these photos, the next gallery of pics is Travis' funeral. Am I the only one that thinks this is odd? I have never known anyone to take photos at a funeral.

I think it's a pretty morbid thing to do.
    My family has always taken pictures at funerals but then again we take pictures wherever we go. I may be morbid but I appreciate them. I have a horrible memory and pictures are the only way I remember most things so I prefer to have them.

My Father in Law was in a massive car accident almost a year ago and spent a month in a coma in the ICU. I told my husband if that ever happened to me I wanted him to take tons of pictures of me there. That way I could go back and know what happened. He said if that ever happened to him he didn't want me to take any pictures of him at all.

Everyone is different...

Quote Originally Posted by tiggrrl72077 View Post
    My family has always taken pictures at funerals but then again we take pictures wherever we go. I may be morbid but I appreciate them. I have a horrible memory and pictures are the only way I remember most things so I prefer to have them.

My Father in Law was in a massive car accident almost a year ago and spent a month in a coma in the ICU. I told my husband if that ever happened to me I wanted him to take tons of pictures of me there. That way I could go back and know what happened. He said if that ever happened to him he didn't want me to take any pictures of him at all.

Everyone is different...
    Yes everyone is different. It just reminds me of when my grandfather died and my grandmother was clutching the coffin and screaming at the funeral and then took photos of him in his coffin. I was a kid at the time but that is what I think of when I think of funeral photos. My grandmother put the photo in a frame in her bedroom too, which really gave me the creeps. I always wondered why she didn't have one of him alive in her room. I guess that is what is weird and morbid to me. But maybe it's just my family..lol
    Down in a hole, feelin' so small
    Down in a hole, losin' control
    I'd like to fly,
    But my wings have been so denied

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Not ridiculous, totally appropriate and her job as a defense atty. Martinez would be doing exactly the same thing if he was doing the cross-exam (except his would be more effective) and you would be jumping up and down cheering him on.
    No I would not be jumping up and down and cheering him on. It was not appropriate, hand on her hip calling the Doctor out as being too young and inexperienced? She couldn't even get her facts straight, kept pausing, was unorganised.

Its early and my "higher functioning brain" has not engage yet so I hope this made sense or helped!
    very much so, thank you.

Aldous Huxley

Thread Information