Page 497 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 507 547 597 997 1497 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,425 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    Batman called it from the get go! I was running with sociopath. I was thrown off with the lack of overt SI, I thought it manipulative. BPD makes perfect sense, you can even see how it played out in the defense team...JW is idealized and returns the love. Nurmi is bad guy central. We also saw how Samuels went from being good to bad in the course of a day or 2.

Not all borderlines are killers. In fact, most aren't. If they receive treatment, they can learn to regulate the emotions...etc.
    I have to admit I was hoping for more than BPD from Dr. D...the criteria seemed to describe Jodi to a T (as much as anyone following the trial can tell, never having met her) but there must be more to it than that. I mean, plotting and carrying out a brutal murder, then acting like nothing had happened, totally normal, then all the bizarre behavior after her arrest? And NO remorse whatsoever? Seriously, there must be something besides BPD going on here.

Metis? Batman?? ANYONE???

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Seeing on twitter that Hollie and Jacob Mefford may have been added as rebuttal witnesses for the State.

Holly Medford was a witness to Stabby going to the home of Sky Hughes to confront her about why the Hughes' didn't like her and then after being asked to leave she went and sat in their kitchen instead of leaving.

Jacob Medford recorded the video of TA speaking of his "near death" experience while Stabby was pretending to be asleep and generally acting bored with what he was relating.

If this is true then Stabby really really truly is done!
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Well, I was impressed with Dr. D's credentials and her testimony but her work experience is pretty thin IMP...got her PhD 3 1/2 years ago, only licensed as psychologist since 2010...seemed to drift after graduation, worked at one place for 2 months, the next for 4 months, both part-time, 20 hours a week, did maybe 4 evaluations per week, then took a couple months off before getting her license and starting her current job, which is pretty much when she did Jodi's evaluation...pretty green at that time it seems to me. If she was a defense witness Martinez would rip her to shreds on cross-exam on the basis of inexperience alone. Luckily for her, Wilmott is no Martinez...
    Demarte did JA's evaluation in 2012. Yes she is young but she's been practicing for almost 10 years at this point (2004).
    And no, JW is no Martinez. I think he knows what he's doing using her as his expert witness. He's no dummy.

Oh great, so now HLN--who advertises "You won't miss a moment of the Jodi Arias trial" is putting so many commercials in, they can't even get to the end by the time the Dr. Drew show is finished...

So Dr. Drew just cuts it off while Wilmott is mid-sentence with, "That's it for trial today."

Nice. Thanks, HLN.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    freaky... her middle name is Alice

Janeen Alice Demarte
    and she's less than a month older than Jodi

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Seeing on twitter that Hollie and Jacob Mefford may have been added as rebuttal witnesses for the State.

Holly Medford was a witness to Stabby going to the home of Sky Hughes to confront her about why the Hughes' didn't like her and then after being asked to leave she went and sat in their kitchen instead of leaving.

Jacob Medford recorded the video of TA speaking of his "near death" experience while Stabby was pretending to be asleep and generally acting bored with what he was relating.

That's brilliant. This is how you get the Skys' true opinion of Jodi out in the open without actually putting Chris and Sky on the stand.

The e-mail arguments they had with Travis made the defense want to put them on the stand, but knowing they would not be a happy little defense witness, they opted not to call them. But if Juan calls them, the defense can bring the detail of those e-mails out.

If this is true, it's a great move...

I have to admit I was hoping for more than BPD from Dr. D...the criteria seemed to describe Jodi to a T (as much as anyone following the trial can tell, never having met her) but there must be more to it than that. I mean, plotting and carrying out a brutal murder, then acting like nothing had happened, totally normal, then all the bizarre behavior after her arrest? And NO remorse whatsoever? Seriously, there must be something besides BPD going on here.

Metis? Batman?? ANYONE???
    I am sure there is more to Jodi than just the BPD....she most likely has a co-occuring diagnosis. Im not sure what though. And now that someone else saw the same thing I did I would go out on a limb and say it could really just be BPD. BPD's actually have feelings but they do not know how to identify them so she really could be feeling remorse but doesn't understand that is what that feeling is.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    and she's less than a month older than Jodi
    Just goes to show what you can accomplish if you apply yourself, instead of brutally murdering your ex-boyfriend...

Quote Originally Posted by MadameX View Post
    Just goes to show what you can accomplish if you apply yourself, instead of brutally murdering your ex-boyfriend...
    exactly what I was thinking. the contrast is striking

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    This is the only photo I could find.. there is another one that I remember but can't find it at the moment.
    Patricia Womack - added to the defense's supplemental witness list for mitigation/sentencing phase. Hope she wears the pink fish net.

Demarte did JA's evaluation in 2012. Yes she is young but she's been practicing for almost 10 years at this point (2004).
    And no, JW is no Martinez. I think he knows what he's doing using her as his expert witness. He's no dummy.
    Actually, she's been practicing as a licensed psychologist since 7/2010, got PhD 8/2009...student work as an undergraduate doesn't 'count' as practice as Mr. Martinez would be more than happy to point out if he were doing the cross-exam. As I said, Dr. D is very lucky Wilmott is doing the cross, not Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by MadameX View Post
    That's brilliant. This is how you get the Skys' true opinion of Jodi out in the open without actually putting Chris and Sky on the stand.

The e-mail arguments they had with Travis made the defense want to put them on the stand, but knowing they would not be a happy little defense witness, they opted not to call them. But if Juan calls them, the defense can bring the detail of those e-mails out.

If this is true, it's a great move...
    So far it's just twitter rumor but @zou2 has provided reliable information and court docs before. JM won't be able to bring in the Hughes' email exchange with TA but Holly Medford can testify to the confrontation at the Hughes's home and Jacob Medford can testify to the "near death" experience video/contents.

Stabby plumbed parts of that story for her Ninja tale.

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar

Well this would be nice ^^
    Patricia Womack - added to the defense's supplemental witness list for mitigation/sentencing phase. Hope she wears the pink fish net.
    Really?
    Is this the one that was on the tele w/ NG tonight whom sounded drugged?

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    Boom....Borderline Personality Disorder!!! I feel very validated!
    you called it! Metis, too! you both "slayed" it!! (or was that Jodi?)

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Wilmott missed a big point!
    "How long had you been a licensed psychologist at the time you interviewed Jodi?"

Answer would be around 1 year at most... hmmm..... Ms. DeMarte!!!!!!!! Oops I mean Doctor Fellow DeMarte...

The reality is that she is fresh fresh out of her training.
    i would take a doctor/provider who has a fresh education over someone antiquated, arthritic, argumentative and eyeing retirement. Just my preference.....

Quote Originally Posted by denn View Post
    I hope JD can hold up under Willmont. DeMonte seems to want to put Willmont in her place.
    aaaaahhh, but Dr. DeSmarte it so much more articulate...she'll be just fine.
    "The difference between theory and reality is this: In theory, there is no difference between the two. In reality, there is."
    If you lay down with dogs, you should't be surprised when you wind up with fleAs.
    Illegitimi non carborundum!

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchan View Post
    i would take a doctor/provider who has a fresh education over someone antiquated, arthritic, argumentative and eyeing retirement. Just my preference.....
    ^^ THIS ^^
    especially the eyeing the retirement part--- I am retired & I wouldn't trust me with ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    Really?
    Is this the one that was on the tele w/ NG tonight whom sounded drugged?
    Yes. That very one.

Ha ha, at one point during JDM's testimony Nurmi was gazing at her with a look that said he was mesmorized. I couldn't help but laugh to my self.

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    Is that why NG said she was calling from an undisclosed location, LOL
    Are mitigation phase witnesses not under subpeona? they're allowed to get drugged up and go on Nancy Grace and talk about the defendant?

Yes. That very one.
    Are mitigation phase witnesses not under subpeona? they're allowed to get drugged up and go on Nancy Grace and talk about the defendant?
    Yeah ... I'm thinking this is not so smart an idea on the defense's part?? Not sure how credible she is going to come off?? But then again, their expert witness's weren't all that believable so I guess when in doubt, drive fast take chances?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHamburglar View Post
    Ha ha, at one point during JDM's testimony Nurmi was gazing at her with a look that said he was mesmorized. I couldn't help but laugh to my self.
    Welcome Hamburglar, not sure I did so or not
    Last edited by Cocopop; 04-16-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    Is that why NG said she was calling from an undisclosed location, LOL
    Probably rehab?

It's the defense LOL If they're relying on her their ship has sunk already

Well, I was impressed with Dr. D's credentials and her testimony but her work experience is pretty thin IMP...got her PhD 3 1/2 years ago, only licensed as psychologist since 2010...seemed to drift after graduation, worked at one place for 2 months, the next for 4 months, both part-time, 20 hours a week, did maybe 4 evaluations per week, then took a couple months off before getting her license and starting her current job, which is pretty much when she did Jodi's evaluation...pretty green at that time it seems to me. If she was a defense witness Martinez would rip her to shreds on cross-exam on the basis of inexperience alone. Luckily for her, Wilmott is no Martinez...
    that's what they're saying on JAII

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Seriously? As in, for real?

You know, this actually makes me a little nervous...what would they add to the case at this point? As I see it the 2 issues right now are self-defense and premeditation. Where do these ppl fit in with regards to either one? I'm confused...

Thread Information