Page 459 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 469 509 559 959 1459 ... LastLast
Results 11,451 to 11,475 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Welcome LLH713

"Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I'm the first to admit I don't have a great understanding of the U.S court system, so it's probably not a big deal. But could the mention of the Twitter account cause problems later? Could the defense argue that hearing Jodi is using Twitter from jail & the prosecution wants it stopped, be argued to turn juror sentiment against Jodi? Because I would assume that if they're following the instructions to avoid information on the case outside of the court, then they shouldn't have known about it until after the verdict when they could start reading what was out there during the trial? They couldn't use this on appeal? could they?
    The Jury wasn't present during argument when the matter was raised. There's no reason for them to know about it.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

I'm the first to admit I don't have a great understanding of the U.S court system, so it's probably not a big deal. But could the mention of the Twitter account cause problems later? Could the defense argue that hearing Jodi is using Twitter from jail & the prosecution wants it stopped, be argued to turn juror sentiment against Jodi? Because I would assume that if they're following the instructions to avoid information on the case outside of the court, then they shouldn't have known about it until after the verdict when they could start reading what was out there during the trial? They couldn't use this on appeal? could they?
    I did not get the impression that Martinez was going to try and bring it up in front of the jury (a shame, because I thought it was pretty fucking cheeky for Jodi to say that middle finger was Nancy Grace...non-confrontational my arse). The jury wasn't present when they were going through all the motions for mistrial. I think Juan just brought it up as a commentary on social media as it related to his alleged prosecutorial misconduct. If the judge shuts it down, the jury won't know one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I see some subjects are still loyal to The Monarchy [/QUOT

Now THAT I object to.
    & yes, it's VERY OFF TOPIC - I apologise to everyone else in the thread & it won't happen again, but that's a pretty contentious subject in certain "colonial outposts". You scored a perfect hit with that one! NO monarchists here..(sorry all, that's about the only completely off-topic subject that could get me to bite)

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post

that because its CSI time
    oh, excellent! and funny :)

Maybe this world is another planet's hell
    Aldous Huxley

Pretend, this happened to one of your family members, also, pretend you were on this Jury. Can u just imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    oh, excellent! and funny :)
    OMG Dizzy thank you for posting this! I had been searching for it all night!!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    OMG Dizzy thank you for posting this! I had been searching for it all night!!
    you're welcome :) that's a keeper for sure!

Aldous Huxley

I see some subjects are still loyal to The Monarchy [/QUOT

Now THAT I object to.
    & yes, it's VERY OFF TOPIC - I apologise to everyone else in the thread & it won't happen again, but that's a pretty contentious subject in certain "colonial outposts". You scored a perfect hit with that one! NO monarchists here..(sorry all, that's about the only completely off-topic subject that could get me to bite)
    Canada seconds that sentiment!! But that's the "subject" haha of another thread.

Rebuttal starts today!!! After she's convicted,will Jody wear street clothes or prison wear to court?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimple blossom View Post
    Pretend, this happened to one of your family members, also, pretend you were on this Jury. Can u just imagine?
    on the 1st I can't imagine.. it's sad to lose a family member to illness or accident... this kind of loss must be magnitudes more devastating. On the 2nd , I've never been on a Jury (always tried to avoid it) now I have a lot of admiration for these jurors and others who put their lives on hold to help keep our justice system working.

Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermomma View Post
    Canada seconds that sentiment!! But that's the "subject" haha of another thread.

Rebuttal starts today!!! After she's convicted,will Jody wear street clothes or prison wear to court?
    Maricopa County Pink jumpsuit, I believe :)
    Last edited by dizzyp; 04-16-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    We know she had the weapons somewhere on her person. But the judge didn't point that out to the jury, she just said she Jodi not have a gun or knife in her hands, full stop. I think that ambiguity helps the defense more than the prosecution.
    She said Jodi didn't have a gun or knife in her hands while taking that one photo (as opposed to the one immediately after where she probably does). The jurors aren't idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    Maricopa County Pink overalls, I believe :)
    Thanks dizzyp!! She'll hate that. I guess we'll get to see her shackles too??

[QUOTE=Sneakers the Wonder Dog;3391109]I can't even figure out how someone could hold a camera like like that. What a joke.

I can, but I take weird pictures of sea- creatures & bugs & while they're common if you're trying to get something under a rock-ledge, those positions don't make sense if she was supposed to be face-level with someone taller than her. At the same time, I didn't get the impression that close-up was a sitting photo. I don't know whether it was something about the photo, or if I just assumed because he was standing in the one's before it - which might've been out of sequence anyway when I saw them the first time. I thought I'd read the whole thread but I seem to have missed a bunch of stuff on these photos. Damn, I'll never catch up. Anyway, will shush now til I go back & check properly. ETA - checked. Changed my opinion completely on the sitting. The shoulder angle/wall make it look like he is, so ignore that part of my post, sorry if anyone wasted time correcting me (I usually triple check before I post but this thread moves SO fast that sometimes you kind of have to post or forever hold your peace)
    Last edited by blighted star; 04-16-2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: went to check

Thanks dizzyp!! She'll hate that. I guess we'll get to see her shackles too??
    I am sad to say I think they get to wear civilian clothes during sentencing also but not sure about AZ procedure. That horrible teen in Ohio got to wear his civies and then proceeded to offend and shock everyone with his T-Shirt which said "Killer" on it!!! All the more reason to put the convicted in prison garb IMO!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

I don't think this photo is that big of a deal. It shows me that Ms Arias was pretending to take pictures while knowing she was going to murder him. I never assumed she'd get the DP and I think this only matters in terms of giving her the DP or life.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    Yes! And this connects to the Prosecutor's focus on the picture of Travis being clean-shaven in the shower and all the preceeding seemingly irrelevant, (to some) questions about him shaving. In recounting the alleged rope/sex encounter told by Jodi Arias, she added the validating detail that she asked Travis to stop because his 'beard' was irritating her down there and she wasn't enjoying it. Arias stated that Travis did not shave between the time of the rope-sex and the time that the face shot was taken in the shower. The shower picture showed that Travis was relatively clean-shaven. Therefore, if he didn't have the heavy stubble when he was allegedly performing the rope/sex trick, there was no beard to chafe Arias 'down there' and, therefore, that validating detail was a lie, as was the whole episode. Therefore, there was no rope and no knife accidentally close-at-hand for Arias to conveniently grab and stab Travis during her self-defense fog.

So the focus by the Prosecutor on the state of Travis's facial hair was not a distracting detail. It was integral to disproving Arias's lies and served to support the allegations of premeditation. There was no rope. There was a knife. It was brought to the scene by Arias and it was brought there for the specific purpose of attacking and murdering Travis Alexander.

That's how I recall the testimony. Is it accurate?
    You told it the way I remember. Good post Ian!

I believe JM may call ME back for Rebuttal - reported by WS's Katy. When he testified on direct he and JM had no idea of what Stabby was going to say about the sequence. JM has had time to prepare him, and he will blow her story out of the water. JM wouldn't call him back otherwise.

On another note - Does anyone know when the trial videos for the day are available. May not be able to watch the entire trial today and want to catch up asap. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Okay, I must admit.......I don't think it's a big deal, but I DO wonder why they made the stipulation about Jodi not holding a gun or knife when that photo was taken. I am talking about the reasoning BEHIND the need for a stipulation. No one but Jodi knows, for sure, if she had weapons in her hands or not. Those enhanced "pupil" pics are not reliable. I don't get it.
    I really don't think JM would have agreed to any stipulation if it in any way harmed his case. He would have rather met the witness in court in front of the jury and discredited him and his evidence then. At some point during the rebuttal case we will get a much clearer understanding as to why JM agreed to the stipulation. My guess is that he will utilize this information to help bolster his case.

If I were to garner a guess I would say that JM will state that, of course JA wasn't holding a knife or gun during that picture because TA would have realized he was in danger, and obviously fought back or at least made an attempt to get away. JA main goal in taking his pictures was to have TA in a vulnerable position in order to begin her attack and the weapon was not in plain sight until she began to use it. TA was ambushed by JA otherwise she would lot have been able to overcome him, and she knew this. Waving a gun or knife in his face while taking pictures would not in any way aid in her attack.

In the end, the defense is grasping at straws and I don't think this will help their case other than cause a bit of temporary confusion with the jury as to why this info came out the way it did.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    I did not get the impression that Martinez was going to try and bring it up in front of the jury (a shame, because I thought it was pretty fucking cheeky for Jodi to say that middle finger was Nancy Grace...non-confrontational my arse). The jury wasn't present when they were going through all the motions for mistrial. I think Juan just brought it up as a commentary on social media as it related to his alleged prosecutorial misconduct. If the judge shuts it down, the jury won't know one way or another.
    I think he brought it up to make the judge aware of her outside contacts, especially while the trial is currently going on. It's been said that other jail people do it too, so it's not just a Jodi thing. Some of her nasties have been deleted from what I understand, so it would be harder to track.
    Donovan is helping her with the Twitter thing, but as time goes on, I would think she'd wake up and stop giving up her personal time to assisting Jodi with this.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    I don't think this photo is that big of a deal. It shows me that Ms Arias was pretending to take pictures while knowing she was going to murder him. I never assumed she'd get the DP and I think this only matters in terms of giving her the DP or life.
    I am still stumped as to why she claims shot was 1st to prove murder was not heinous and cruel (DP). For self-defense the story is ridiculous because of the crime scene and all of the stab wounds after he was supposedly shot. For DP purposes, she fucked up too because she claims that after she shot him he was on the ground threatening to kill her. I guess she didn't want to acknowledge the stabbing/slit throat at all (fog) because it shows such rage and determination. So glad the 2 1/2 months of b.s. is over and the trial is getting back to the subject of the murder. Yea Rebuttal!

Quote Originally Posted by Placroix View Post
    It is hotter than you can imagine. I live in Mesa. I have had CD's and cups melt inside my car that had the air on at one point. Love the memory of the Costco brand water too. She must have rinsed the "fog" away with it.
    I had all kinds of things melt in my car in Virginia in the Spring! Where did that case of water come from? It was a rental, so she put it the car after she rented it when she wasn't in a fog, right?

I really tried guys but catching up on three days of posts is pointless! I had to take a hiatus from the circus of a trial!
    I missed you all!
    You missed nothing. 2 minutes of actual jury trial. some nonsense about retinal image that won't be admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady MacBeth View Post
    the pupil reflection photo's NOT coming in. the silly drawing over the pupil is not coming in. that's why JUAN stipulated so the photo shop fuckery is not introduced into evidence
    I think Nurmi still has one more witness, the computer guy, Lonnie. Maybe not.

She said Jodi didn't have a gun or knife in her hands while taking that one photo (as opposed to the one immediately after where she probably does). The jurors aren't idiots.
    If Nurmi brings it up, I think the jury will likely wonder why. So what if the picture supposedly shows nothing in her hands at that moment. She obviously had something in her hands very shortly after. As for what position she was in, and Bryan said she was in the dominant position, that could be very true. Look at that face picture. Look at his shoulders. He was clearly sitting. Check the shoulder position. No one stands with the shoulders in that position. He was clearly sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by elamir View Post
    Juan is so smart, he got it before the Judge and on the record.
    I'm sure the judge had heard of it, but could not act on it by volunteering the info. Juan brought it up so it is indeed "on the record" in case the subject comes up again.

I am sad to say I think they get to wear civilian clothes during sentencing also but not sure about AZ procedure. That horrible teen in Ohio got to wear his civies and then proceeded to offend and shock everyone with his T-Shirt which said "Killer" on it!!! All the more reason to put the convicted in prison garb IMO!
    I looked on Google images and there are examples of both.. considering she is getting her million dollar defense paid for by AZ taxpayers I would love to see her in prison garb at sentencing.

Aldous Huxley

Thread Information