Page 458 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 468 508 558 958 1458 ... LastLast
Results 11,426 to 11,450 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Hello, I have been lurking in these hallways off and on for years... and finally decided to join...hope that is ok... I wanted to comment on this... I feel like JM agreed because 1. we already knew Jodi took pictures. 2. When Travis is in the shower she had to leave at some point to get the camera and could have also grabbed the gun and knife and hid them someplace and 3. The state uses that same expert in several of their cases, so to question his credibility in this case would have an affect in all other cases. This was the lesser of the evils. Now, all the jurors know is that at that second Jodi didn't have a gun or knife. They also know that within 2 minutes she not only had a knife but a gun and Travis was butchered. (I still say the reflection is a slice of the white wall with the bathrobe hanging up on the hook but I am no expert. Thanks for allowing me to join in the fun...

Hey guys, just saw KCL posted that rebuttal will start TODAY - woot woot!!

See you all then.

Quote Originally Posted by LLH713 View Post
    Hello, I have been lurking in these hallways off and on for years... and finally decided to join...hope that is ok... I wanted to comment on this... I feel like JM agreed because 1. we already knew Jodi took pictures. 2. When Travis is in the shower she had to leave at some point to get the camera and could have also grabbed the gun and knife and hid them someplace and 3. The state uses that same expert in several of their cases, so to question his credibility in this case would have an affect in all other cases. This was the lesser of the evils. Now, all the jurors know is that at that second Jodi didn't have a gun or knife. They also know that within 2 minutes she not only had a knife but a gun and Travis was butchered. (I still say the reflection is a slice of the white wall with the bathrobe hanging up on the hook but I am no expert. Thanks for allowing me to join in the fun...
    Welcome! I agree with everything except what is seen in the reflection. I don't see shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmich View Post
    Welcome! I agree with everything except what is seen in the reflection. I don't see shit.
    Thank you for the welcome. I didn't give it much thought either until today. Now, not sure. I feel like I am taking a rorschach test. Big freaking smoke-screen is what it is.

i also cant see anything, i thought i was the only one

Quote Originally Posted by elamir View Post
    Juan is so smart, he got it before the Judge and on the record.
    I thought that Juan didn't seem too concerned about Jodi's Twitter account, but since Nurmi was making such a big deal about social media Juan went ahead and made a good point in saying that Jodi is a witness in the case, and that since the other witnesses have been told not to discuss the case publicly, the judge should consider the legality of Jodi writing on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by PopRocks View Post
    i also cant see anything, i thought i was the only one

that because its CSI time

Welcome! I'm a stalker (for forums sake) and a newbie myself. I can't, as much as I try, see anything in that eyeball. I showed my husband, who doesn't give a rats ass, the chalk outline photo and he immediately could see a body outline. I asked him if he could see a camera, a gun, or a knife. He said, no way. When I showed him the eyeball without outlines, he saw nothing, like the rest of us. This is clearly the defense reaching. She had her weapons of mass destruction already hidden in the bathroom. I think Juan handing them this is a good thing. He will rap it up perfectly.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    The Prosecutor also has Photoshop and high powered computers.

It could be a wolf, it could be a cloud, or maybe it's Bobby Juarez trying to put it in Jodi's starfish.

I have tears.ahhh coconut your the best thing here.Will this be on a e-bay site soon for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    I was just looking at today's video and LOL at video mark 0:38:08 & JW catching her.
    And is she sharpening the pencils with her teeth & then eating the shavings? (at 0:40:35- 0:41:06)
    You can see all the all the pencil shavings on the desk at 0:43:29

Did Nurmi forget that its Juan's job is to discredit the defendant & the witnesses? This trail must be affecting Nurmi?s new private practice - Sounds like he's got a personal vendetta.

Standards of Professional Courtesy (partial list)

- Attorneys must remember that conflicts with opposing counsel are professional, not personal, that vigorous advocacy is not inconsistent with professional courtesy, and that they should not be influenced by ill feelings or anger between clients in their conduct, attitude or demeanor toward opposing attorneys.

- An attorney should not engage in delay tactics in scheduling meetings, hearings and discovery; nor should they seek extensions or continuances for the purpose of harassment or solely to extend litigation.

-Motions should be filed sparingly, in good faith and when the issue(s) cannot be otherwise resolved. Attorneys should not engage in conduct that forces opposing counsel to file a motion and then not oppose the motion, or provide information called for in the motion only after the motion is filed.

- Attorneys should refrain from disparaging or denigrating the court, opposing counsel, parties or witnesses before their clients, the public and the media.

- Attorneys should respect and abide by the spirit and letter of all rulings of the court. (That means no stomping your foot when judge denies your objection, Jennifer)

http://www.cccba.org/attorney/about/...l-courtesy.php

Defense witnesses: Gus Searcy, Dick Samuels, & Alyce LaViolette . . .

http://archive.org/details/disorder_in_the_court (movie link)

Quote Originally Posted by Placroix View Post
    Welcome! I'm a stalker (for forums sake) and a newbie myself. I can't, as much as I try, see anything in that eyeball. I showed my husband, who doesn't give a rats ass, the chalk outline photo and he immediately could see a body outline. I asked him if he could see a camera, a gun, or a knife. He said, no way. When I showed him the eyeball without outlines, he saw nothing, like the rest of us. This is clearly the defense reaching. She had her weapons of mass destruction already hidden in the bathroom. I think Juan handing them this is a good thing. He will rap it up perfectly.
    I understand, Like I said I am not sure... but IF there is something I would believe a refection of the bathrobe before I would believe it's Jodi in some kind of circus contortionist pose. I mostly think it is a non-issue. And thanks for the reply... makes me feel welcome as the new kid on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    Help me with something I'm struggling with. We all know Jodi went to mesa with premeditation. When she got there, why didn't she just shoot him and get out? She fell asleep in his arms. She could have shot him in his sleep. Jodi's a loon. Why would she shoot AND stab him? Overkill beyond a doubt. But why? Was there only one bullet? Do you think the gun jammed if she used it first? Why would she do all that stabby stuff? Just shoot him and leave, bitch!

I think I have read and thought of so many reasons why. But I just don't get this bitch.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks
    Jodi did what she did to feel empowered. She wanted to watch him die, pretty simple IMO.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

I understand, Like I said I am not sure... but IF there is something I would believe a refection of the bathrobe before I would believe it's Jodi in some kind of circus contortionist pose. I mostly think it is a non-issue. And thanks for the reply... makes me feel welcome as the new kid on the block.
    Until I can see the super resolution version without the etch-a-sketch outline the nerd made, I can't buy it. If its such a difference on the special screen then take a fucking picture of the screen!
    Welcome.

Your much welcome. I was the new kid on the block a week ago. I sat it on trial in January. I posted my experience. My experience was pretty funny. I have no idea how to tell you how to find it. I'm still learning this navigation myself. I agree, it is a non-issue. Her weapons were hidden in the bathroom/bedroom or on her person. Have sweet dreams and keep up as much as you can. These pros move fast!

Has there ever been any real rope produced? The piece of twine they produced looked like a tassel off his chair. Were there rope marks on their wrists or ankles, or pics of either tied up? I don't think there was any rope. She lied about the rope as a reason to have the knife within proximity. Sneaky bitch.

No time to go through mega pages, has this been brought up?
    Authenticity for art work is right thumb print,

http://www.jodiarias.com/?page_id=26

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    But the last photo is of him sitting. Right? Or did they try to suggest that somehow the order of the photos is incorrect as well?
    Sorry guys, I'm still behind but trying hard to catch up, just wondering about the photo order thing. Does anyone know if the actual order was verified properly before they were entered into evidence? & would it make any major difference if the sequence was incorrect anyway?

I'm wondering because I often share our camera with my kids & this means I sometimes have to go through the memory card & delete quite a few photos. If the cards pretty full when I do this, & then we take more photos, I've noticed that sometimes it'll save photos out of sequence - like some photos taken "now" save amongst shots taken earlier that day, or even months ago, depending on how behind I was on cleaning up the out of focus stuff. The date & time stamps constantly set wrong too, if you're rushing to get a shot, & you've just wasted time changing batteries etc, you tend to want to skip the date/time setting process so you can hurry up & take the damn picture.

I saw a few explanations of why an incorrect time/date stamp doesn't matter for defense purposes in this case, so ignore that part. Could the sequencing cause a problem though? 'Cos right now, I'm not getting what difference it would make. Or does it not matter? Is it just an attempt to bombard the jury with possibilities in the hope something sticks enough to cloud the real issues?

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    It's ok, I'm sure you are well versed in the US justice system from your drizzly little island from watching Murder She Wrote. Pass the tissues and let's go autograph hunting!
    I'm going to assume this is all in jest? Or at least partially?

just in case though, you do know that it's not just a hell of a lot of mds posters that are from outside the U.S? there's even at least one mod who's not even in the same hemisphere..?

But I'm sure you're just messing with us : )

Quote Originally Posted by TMY1 View Post
    Along with an assortment of candy that would make Willy Wonka hard.

Help me with something I'm struggling with. We all know Jodi went to mesa with premeditation. When she got there, why didn't she just shoot him and get out? She fell asleep in his arms. She could have shot him in his sleep. Jodi's a loon. Why would she shoot AND stab him? Overkill beyond a doubt. But why? Was there only one bullet? Do you think the gun jammed if she used it first? Why would she do all that stabby stuff? Just shoot him and leave, bitch!

I think I have read and thought of so many reasons why. But I just don't get this bitch.

She didn't shoot him in his sleep because she didn't want to get caught, that was why she planned everything out in advance. Shooting Travis in the middle of the night with a roommate in the house and a quiet neighborhood would have drawn attention. I think she always planned to stab him, the gun was just backup, in case of emergency. She wanted to stab him because it is much more personal, more satisfying, and quieter. She always planned on it being in the shower, with Travis sitting down, because that was one of the few scenarios where she could have an advantage over him, and also hopefully leave no evidence traces that could not be easily washed away.

She thought it would go like the shower scene from Psycho - - stab, stab, stab... victim falls down in shower and dies with no struggle... blood and evidence wash down the drain. Buh-bye fucking hottie biscotti. But he didn't stay in the shower, and he fought back and tried to get away. That is why there was so much overkill. He was fighting back! And getting away down the hall! And ruining her plan! How fucking dare he! So she kept stabbing because he wasn't stopping. Then after she had slit his throat at the end of the hall, she dragged him back to the shower in part to rinse off any potential evidence, but also because his dead body in the shower was part of her plan. She planned it, damn it, and it would be so!

As for the gunshot, I think that was a last resort because he was making a noise... gurgling, a death rattle, something like that, and it freaked her out and made her furious. Why didn't he fucking die already?!? So she got the gun and shot him and the noise stopped. That is why there was only one shot. He was already dead or super close when she shot him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayub View Post
    Did Nurmi forget that its Juan's job is to discredit the defendant & the witnesses? This trail must be affecting Nurmi?s new private practice - Sounds like he's got a personal vendetta.

Standards of Professional Courtesy (partial list)

- Attorneys must remember that conflicts with opposing counsel are professional, not personal, that vigorous advocacy is not inconsistent with professional courtesy, and that they should not be influenced by ill feelings or anger between clients in their conduct, attitude or demeanor toward opposing attorneys.

- An attorney should not engage in delay tactics in scheduling meetings, hearings and discovery; nor should they seek extensions or continuances for the purpose of harassment or solely to extend litigation.

-Motions should be filed sparingly, in good faith and when the issue(s) cannot be otherwise resolved. Attorneys should not engage in conduct that forces opposing counsel to file a motion and then not oppose the motion, or provide information called for in the motion only after the motion is filed.

- Attorneys should refrain from disparaging or denigrating the court, opposing counsel, parties or witnesses before their clients, the public and the media.

- Attorneys should respect and abide by the spirit and letter of all rulings of the court. (That means no stomping your foot when judge denies your objection, Jennifer)

http://www.cccba.org/attorney/about/...l-courtesy.php

And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.
    ~~Captain Hector Barbossa

Has there ever been any real rope produced? The piece of twine they produced looked like a tassel off his chair. Were there rope marks on their wrists or ankles, or pics of either tied up? I don't think there was any rope. She lied about the rope as a reason to have the knife within proximity. Sneaky bitch.
    Nope, no rope. No rope marks. No pics tied up. No pics showing the rope. No receipts for rope.

And I agree, Jodi made up the rope to explain the knife, because otherwise, WTF was a big knife doing in the bedroom or bathroom? I suppose she could have said they decided to eat cheese and crackers in bed after sex, and needed a huge knife to cut the cheese, but she must have thought the rope story was better because of the kinky angle to try and make Travis look bad, so two birds with one stone.

Welcome LLH713, to our happy fambly. We put the fun in dys-fun-ctional!

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Yeah I agree, I've always thought there was no rope. I'm sure I heard Det. Flores mention the pieces of decorative rope as what seemed to be part of the cushions in the bedroom. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post

you gotta know the jury walked out saying - wtf is that all about - especially since they will never see nurmi's csi moment w/ the eye pic to have any kind of context - they are just thinking the court has lost its mind
    Nurmi is definitely not a CSI'er. I do like it when his arms move up and down when he speaks. He reminds me of a T-Rex with small arms.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    You don't suppose Alyce got busted padding her hours with Einstein? I'm sure Sheriff Joe has logs that show visitors in and out.
    Could be? Alyce did say that she visited Jodi when she came for her daughter's wedding. I'm sure Az citizens are glad to know they paid for Alyce's travel and motel for her to attend her daughter's wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    Sorry, I still haven't figured the multi-quote tool out and don't want to mess it up again:

@poprocks- ty!
    @ImBatman- sorrry I missed this post...yes, I forgot about Pica :-)
    @Morticia- lol...Hopefully JW or Maria won't forget that orange sharpener for her anymore
    @ *crickets*- she really is, lol
    @TMY1- ha...I'm saying nothing,lol
    In the bottom, right hand corner of everybody's post...there is a button that says "Reply"-One that says "Reply with Quote" and one that shows a picture of a box with " " marks in it. For everybody's post you want to quote......hit the one that has the box with the " " buttons in it. It should change it to a check mark when you click it.

When you are ready to reply to them all-Scroll down and click the "Reply to Thread" box or click "Go Advanced" box. Do not click "Post Quick Reply"
    Some mobile users have a hard time.

I think there are several reasons why she killed him. Her reputation.
    I think Travis was telling some of the guys about Jodi, and it was ruining her reputation. I think her reputation was in shambles with the PPL crowd.
    The book Travis was writing. I think Jodi was pissed b/c he didn't give her a shout-out in his book and gave another girl a shout out.
    Lisa, MiMi, and cancun
    The fact that Travis was suppose to come hear her sing the national anthem on May 24, 2008, but didn't. May 24-25 is when the long, nasty text messages were exchanged. He had promised her he would to support her so she wouldn't be afraid.
    The fact that Travis had only texted her May 11, then again the big fight on May 24 text. I think on the 24th, Jodi knew Travis was mostly finished with Jodi.
    I think Jodi had been hacking into Travis' accounts all along, and she seen what Travis was writing about her to other people.
    Jodi was broke. She blamed Travis for that. Plus she owed Travis car money.

I think Jodi just showed up at Travis' house that morning. I think Jodi expected/or hoped everything was normal between them. I think they had sex then went to sleep. I think Jodi probably laid there beside him the whole time thinking about "carrying out something she had been thinking about for a few days" She even said she laid there for 30 minutes before he woke up (IMO I think that was very telling when Jodi said she just laid there for 30 minutes). I think they did the photo stuff. I think Jodi probably started that event.(that's probably how she woke him up)

I think Jodi felt like Travis was *different* with her. I think afterwards, Jodi had a shower. Travis washed the sheet. He was probably on his phone or something. Jodi came out of the shower and went and loaded most of her bags up in the car. Travis was,IMO, very stand off ish with Jodi. Maybe he told her it was finally finished. Maybe Jodi snooped in his phone that day or overheard him talking on the phone. Maybe he insulted her? I think she had the knife hidden in the backpack-and the backpack was close in the bathroom. I think she started snapping his photos, and he told her to stop. I can see Jodi giggling or something stupid like that. Maybe she did drop the camera-or maybe he said something nasty to her and she threw the camera. (which is what I believe)

He might have told her "Get the fu*k out of my house you fu*king crazy bitch. You are finished with PPL" I can see her turning around to the sink-where her backpack was (that had her makeup, clothes, etc) and getting the knife out of her backpack. Turning back around and stabbing him. Pure rage. Then I think his body made a sound, and she got the gun to shoot him.

Just my 2 cents

BTW, letting everybody know that I probably won't be able to get the first half of court today for the recap.
    Last edited by bermstalker; 04-16-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post

Nope, no rope. No rope marks. No pics tied up. No pics showing the rope. No receipts for rope.

And I agree, Jodi made up the rope to explain the knife, because otherwise, WTF was a big knife doing in the bedroom or bathroom? I suppose she could have said they decided to eat cheese and crackers in bed after sex, and needed a huge knife to cut the cheese, but she must have thought the rope story was better because of the kinky angle to try and make Travis look bad, so two birds with one stone.
    Yes! And this connects to the Prosecutor's focus on the picture of Travis being clean-shaven in the shower and all the preceeding seemingly irrelevant, (to some) questions about him shaving. In recounting the alleged rope/sex encounter told by Jodi Arias, she added the validating detail that she asked Travis to stop because his 'beard' was irritating her down there and she wasn't enjoying it. Arias stated that Travis did not shave between the time of the rope-sex and the time that the face shot was taken in the shower. The shower picture showed that Travis was relatively clean-shaven. Therefore, if he didn't have the heavy stubble when he was allegedly performing the rope/sex trick, there was no beard to chafe Arias 'down there' and, therefore, that validating detail was a lie, as was the whole episode. Therefore, there was no rope and no knife accidentally close-at-hand for Arias to conveniently grab and stab Travis during her self-defense fog.

So the focus by the Prosecutor on the state of Travis's facial hair was not a distracting detail. It was integral to disproving Arias's lies and served to support the allegations of premeditation. There was no rope. There was a knife. It was brought to the scene by Arias and it was brought there for the specific purpose of attacking and murdering Travis Alexander.

That's how I recall the testimony. Is it accurate?
    Last edited by Ian 1; 04-16-2013 at 03:56 AM.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Welcome
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    Legally, I'm not sure. I mean, would she be allowed to give tv interviews while actually on trial? I know she did them from jail, but I would think that this would not be allowed while actually on trial.

In the context of the trial, the defense and the judge are constantly all over the jury about not watching anything related to the trial. Wouldn't that also apply to jurors who could come across Jodi's twitter? Yeah, I know, they might have to actually go looking for it, as they would with news stories on the internet or tv. But, Jodi is out there portraying her comments directly to the public. So, I would look at it like well if Martinez had a photo session instead of a spontaneous event, or set up his own fan club website. That would be inappropriate and jumped all over by the defense, so Jodi having a public forum, is it that much different? I'm not sure.

True we don't have proof, but Donovan is going on tv saying that she talked to Jodi on the phone and Jodi would tell her what to put on twitter. I would think those calls are recorded, so the Maricopa County SD surely knows whether those comments are coming from Jodi or Donovan is just saying they are.

Either way, I don't have strong feelings. I do think it's ridiculous that this idiot is addressing the public and accumulating fans. So, in that respect, I know it would twist in her gut if she lost that attention-whoring medium, which would be nice. On the other hand, you could argue that jurors "probably" won't see it or hear about it anyways. The thing is though, defense is so ready to jump all over things that the jury could see or hear, that I think by that aspect, it wouldn't be hard to argue it should be shut down.

I'm the first to admit I don't have a great understanding of the U.S court system, so it's probably not a big deal. But could the mention of the Twitter account cause problems later? Could the defense argue that hearing Jodi is using Twitter from jail & the prosecution wants it stopped, be argued to turn juror sentiment against Jodi? Because I would assume that if they're following the instructions to avoid information on the case outside of the court, then they shouldn't have known about it until after the verdict when they could start reading what was out there during the trial? They couldn't use this on appeal? could they?

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post

She didn't shoot him in his sleep because she didn't want to get caught, that was why she planned everything out in advance. Shooting Travis in the middle of the night with a roommate in the house and a quiet neighborhood would have drawn attention. I think she always planned to stab him, the gun was just backup, in case of emergency. She wanted to stab him because it is much more personal, more satisfying, and quieter. She always planned on it being in the shower, with Travis sitting down, because that was one of the few scenarios where she could have an advantage over him, and also hopefully leave no evidence traces that could not be easily washed away.

She thought it would go like the shower scene from Psycho - - stab, stab, stab... victim falls down in shower and dies with no struggle... blood and evidence wash down the drain. Buh-bye fucking hottie biscotti. But he didn't stay in the shower, and he fought back and tried to get away. That is why there was so much overkill. He was fighting back! And getting away down the hall! And ruining her plan! How fucking dare he! So she kept stabbing because he wasn't stopping. Then after she had slit his throat at the end of the hall, she dragged him back to the shower in part to rinse off any potential evidence, but also because his dead body in the shower was part of her plan. She planned it, damn it, and it would be so!

As for the gunshot, I think that was a last resort because he was making a noise... gurgling, a death rattle, something like that, and it freaked her out and made her furious. Why didn't he fucking die already?!? So she got the gun and shot him and the noise stopped. That is why there was only one shot. He was already dead or super close when she shot him.

And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.
    ~~Captain Hector Barbossa

Welcome LLH713, to our happy fambly. We put the fun in dys-fun-ctional!
    Brill I agree with everything you said...and I just want to keep showing off my new sig courtesy of Punkerduckie!!
    "it is what it is!"

Thread Information