Page 451 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 951 1451 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    Photo dude said it was clearer on his equipment .can we plan on seeing his equipment being brought into court to see the image clearer?
    My thought on that is - if he could bring his equipment in tomorrow, why couldn't he bring it in today?
    He made it sound like it would be better to take the jury on a field trip to his lab to see it better.

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post

Eyeballs are round. Any reflected image from a cornea would not retain the normal proportions (like a fun house mirror) This subjective interpretation looks the same as if it had been from flat mirror.

Also, both eyes are in the photo so the same reflection should be evident in both eyes. If not, wouldn't this something something other than a reflection.

I do see a dog image in this photo...it's right under Nurmi's chins.

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    go to Mexico without a gas can.......good luck with that.I drive down the 5 and see all kinds of gas cans on trucks.
    jodi wasnt going to mexico

she was also driving a ford focus

how many people in small cars like that do you know have gas cans?

i dont know anyone

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Wonder if ALV caught the 1st flight out of AZ or if there is anything else for her. I don't expect to see her, but who knows? I am very concerned about why the Defense didn't rest though. At least the jury would have gotten a good night's sleep.
    I don't get why they didn't rest, what could they possibly have left to add to their case? That computer "expert" is not testifying now correct? WTF is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    The point of the gas cans is that she was calling OG for them at the end of May. She claimed she wasn't planning to go to Mesa - it was a last minute decision. I don't know how much desert is in the trip to Utah, I live on east coast and have never been to that area. I still can't get over the case of Costco water in the trunk. She said she was thirsty, but can you imagine how hot that water must have been? No mention of a cooler.
    It is hotter than you can imagine. I live in Mesa. I have had CD's and cups melt inside my car that had the air on at one point. Love the memory of the Costco brand water too. She must have rinsed the "fog" away with it.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I think it's powerful that the judge says to the jury, after they have waited for hours, "Ms Arias is not holding a weapon" in a picture taken a moment before his death. The judge's impartial words carry more weight than the attorneys and witnesses. For the jurors, the entire day resulted in one resounding thought. We don't know how it will factor into their decision.

Those things are important Sneakers, but on balance I see the minute before the killing carrying a lot more weight when jurors imagine the crime. Here's a picture that you can see with your own eyes (if you are allowed), showing "supposedly" an "unarmed photographer" right before the killing. It could sway the jury away from premeditation. It also makes Jodi seem slightly more credible. It fits her story and it's evidence that came out after she came up with story 3.2.

-When did you pack your bags? She answered that on direct and redirect, gave different answers each time
    -What clothes did you bring from Yreka? How many outfits? Neither side asked, don't think it matters. Girls always pack way more shit than they need
    -What were you wearing when you had sex downstairs? She said pants
    -When did you shower? She said she testified after their early afternoon sex, after nekkid pics were taken
    -Did you wash your clothes at Travis's? She didn't have time to do laundry for herself.
    -When did you put your bags in the car? She answered that on direct and redirect, gave different answers each time
    -What were you wearing to take the photos?
    What she was wearing when she killed him as per the PICTURE

The Judge is simply stating that both parties are stipulating to a fact, she's not giving any weight to the stipulation. These jurors are no dummies, they've proven that by their questions of witnesses. Not so powerful when once you look at the time sequence of the shower photos. Do you really think JM is going to let the time sequence go? He'll tie it all up in a nice bow in rebuttal and closing arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    When I first heard that the defense and prosecution agreed to the stipulation it totally made me nervous, and I was like wtf? But reading some of what you guys are saying has made me feel a little better. I really hope that this isn't going to be a win for them, cuz as it's been said, just because she didn't have weapons when she took that photo, she could have easily gotten them after that point. I hadn't realized that the photo of him sitting down, the door to the shower was open. I think that sitting down picture wasn't meant to be taken either, and I think that's when she attacked him. I am hoping that JM touches on that. I am looking forward to state's rebuttal for sure.

Also, I am WAY curious about what went on with the hearing with AL. What the crap did she find out that she is so upset about? I wanna know!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    At first I thought it seemed reasonable for a woman driving alone across the desert to carry extra gas, but 15 gallons just doesn't make sense from that standpoint. Especially since she bought the 3rd can just before setting off from S. Cal. to Mesa, when she already had the 2 cans from Darryl.

One other gas can-related bit of info: Jodi said during direct exam w/Nurmi that when she and Darryl moved to Palm Desert they always took extra gas along when they went on car trips. Darryl doesn't mention anything about that in his testimony, which was before Jodi's. In fact, he says when she asked him for the gas cans in 2008 he asked her several times why she wanted them, and she was evasive about answering him (got "testy" in his words.)

So, the 3 gas cans is a big deal pointing towards premeditation.

One last thing...can we please stop referring to Darryl as 'OG' (old guy)? He is 52 years old for cripes sake! PLEASE??!!
    Quite a while ago, I wrote that Darryl knows more than he ever let on. Each answer was short, brief, to the point. He had a hard time answering the gas can part, in fact he wouldn't even have said anything, but got cornered. Why would he loan the cans, did he expect her to drive them back to his house? Don't forget, we've seen posts about his demotion, about them fighting, but he said nothing about anything shady. I'm not saying he knew of her kill plan, but I think he has information, but didn't want to get that deeply involved testifying.

Darryl gave Jodi 2 5-gallon cans. That's 10 gallons. A car like the focus would get approximately 30mpg (city/hwy) on average. I think we can presume that the focus had at least a 10-gallon tank. Now we're talking 20 gallons (2 cans plus the car fuel tank). At 30mpg, with 20 gallons of gas, that's 600 miles of driving.

At no point do I believe that Jodi needed 600 miles worth of gas; i.e. that she would not have run into a gas station within less than 600 miles of leaving Pasadena. Google Maps puts Pasadena to Mesa anywhere from 387-516 miles depending on route.

Now remember Jodi bought a 3rd can. If that was a 5-gallon can as well, you're looking at another 150 miles of traveling. 5gallons x 30 mpg = 150 miles.

So now, we're looking at Jodi needing 750 miles worth of gas (3 cans plus car)? There wasn't any gas station to stop at? For 750 miles?

She could've easily stopped somewhere along the way to Mesa to get gas; except that she couldn't leave evidence that she even went near Mesa, much less that she was in Mesa.

I don't have a hard time imagining that someone might want an emergency supply of gas, especially if they were driving through desert at some point, but 3 cans/450 miles worth of "emergency" gas? A little improbable.

One can, giving her 150 miles to drive, on top of the more than 300 miles the car could've gotten on it's own fuel tank, woul'dve been more than sufficient. 2 is pushing it, and 3 is not believable at all, to me.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    When I first heard that the defense and prosecution agreed to the stipulation it totally made me nervous, and I was like wtf? But reading some of what you guys are saying has made me feel a little better. I really hope that this isn't going to be a win for them, cuz as it's been said, just because she didn't have weapons when she took that photo, she could have easily gotten them after that point. I hadn't realized that the photo of him sitting down, the door to the shower was open. I think that sitting down picture wasn't meant to be taken either, and I think that's when she attacked him. I am hoping that JM touches on that. I am looking forward to state's rebuttal for sure.

Also, I am WAY curious about what went on with the hearing with AL. What the crap did she find out that she is so upset about? I wanna know!
    What are you referring to about ALV being upset. Did I miss something (I had an accidental nap).

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    The interrogation tapes of her parents? The fact that Stabby forged the pedo letters? Just two guesses for now but something along those lines is my guess.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    What are you referring to about ALV being upset. Did I miss something (I had an accidental nap).
    I read about it earlier in this thread and I believe JM said something about ALV being upset. I think both defense and prosecution said something about ALV finding out some things that she was not happy about but they couldn't say what.

And Sneakers, I thought about the forged pedo letters. That is beyond fucked up, and if I were her, I would feel like an ass for representing someone like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I read about it earlier in this thread and I believe JM said something about ALV being upset. I think both defense and prosecution said something about ALV finding out some things that she was not happy about but they couldn't say what.

And Sneakers, I thought about the forged pedo letters. That is beyond fucked up, and if I were her, I would feel like an ass for representing someone like that.
    JM "Well then she should be upset based on what was uncovered in that hearing. "

Judge: " furthemore, this court finds that the prosecutor was not in anyway outside the bounds of proper behavior during the in chambers sealed discussion with Ms Laviolette. I find there was a legitimate basis for the question being asked during that hearing "
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

I hope Martinez is not overconfident, or distracted with the side issues. Maybe he is too impatient to begin his rebuttal case. But when I think back, there are some things that may have been overlooked. When he questioned Jodi about the day of the killing, I wish he had asked her some other things:

-When did you pack your bags?
    -What clothes did you bring from Yreka? How many outfits?
    -What were you wearing when you had sex downstairs?
    -When did you shower?
    -Did you wash your clothes at Travis's?
    -When did you put your bags in the car?
    -What were you wearing to take the photos?
    coconut a/k/a (our resident devil's advocate), if I recall correctly, Don Jaun DID question JA at length about when she put her bags in the car. she was dancing all around that question. my head was spinning, i still don't know what her answer was.

As for the rest of the questions, why do you need to know what clothes she was wearing when she took the pics. she doesnt deny she took the pics.

Out, damned spot! out, I say! .... Here?s the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand!

"Stop being dicks to noobs." -mydeathspace

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Just before the end of the live-streamed hearing today JM made a comment about a previous closed hearing involving ALV in which she was upset about something...he said "She should be upset, considering what was uncovered."

Quote Originally Posted by Lady MacBeth View Post
    As for the rest of the questions, why do you need to know what clothes she was wearing when she took the pics. she doesnt deny she took the pics.
    Because in the chihuahua photo, I see a woman wearing a parka or hoodie, which would be the perfect place for stashing a a knife & gun in the pouch at the front. Just wondering if Jodi had such a garment. I think that would help premeditation. Who wears a bulky hoodie in Phoenix in the summer?

Photoshop dude's outline shows a person wider above the waist than below.

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 11:39 AM.

I really tried guys but catching up on three days of posts is pointless! I had to take a hiatus from the circus of a trial!
    I missed you all!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

the pupil reflection photo's NOT coming in. the silly drawing over the pupil is not coming in. that's why JUAN stipulated so the photo shop fuckery is not introduced into evidence
    Last edited by Lady MacBeth; 04-15-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Out, damned spot! out, I say! .... Here?s the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand!

"Stop being dicks to noobs." -mydeathspace

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    I don't get it. I really don't. I say let them see the photo with the drawing and then point out that it could be a knife in the left hand.

I'm really confused by this decision. How in the world does it benefit the prosecution? Seems like a huge win for the defense. Would love to know where Martinez is going with this.
    You can bet he's going somewhere good!!! He doesn't miss a trick. Love him and his style.

Pittsburgh Steelers Rock Cocopop's Avatar
    Yes the lists! We know them well! The Prosecutor must have made a mistake if all the reinforcement for his case is coming back out to make us feel better
    Haha... CoCoNUT, I don't need reinforcement from a list to make me "feel good",
    but we won't discuss that here, it's not the right thread

Catching up on what I missed today..U gotta be shitting me..defense is trying to use the iris image crap..Maybe they should call the woman who found the face of Elvis on her Lays potato chip.. They are really trying every ridiculous trick in the book. It is sad to see what a circus this trial has become..

Quote Originally Posted by lisam2013 View Post
    It looks like someone is updating her facebook account now. This picture says it was posted yesterday Sunday April 14, 2013 at 8:50:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

(you need to be logged in to facebook to see it was posted yesterday)
    OMG. I wonder how this is possible? Donovan?? Why in the world would this pic be added just yesterday? Makes no sense.

ETA: here is a screenshot
    Last edited by M Joy; 04-15-2013 at 05:17 PM.

The next thing you know the DT is going to present a turd that Napoleon the dog made that looks like a tiny sculpture of the "real" killer

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I really tried guys but catching up on three days of posts is pointless! I had to take a hiatus from the circus of a trial!
    I missed you all!
    Hi ImBatman! Did you get to watch today? Here's the best part @ 51:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAg61ML1MPo

JM "An allegation that somehow the state was inappropriate in questioning Alyce Laviolette, that was in sealed proceedings, you were present, you know the circumstances. Nothing could be further from the truth and quite frankly, it is heartening to the prosecutor to have the defense atty make that an argument and to have you present [Judge] so that you could rule on their objections as the questioning went along, and you could see the subject matter that was being address, so clearly there was no prosecutorial misconduct.

If somehow there is this allegation that she was upset about it, Well then she should be upset based on what was uncovered at that hearing and I thnk the court knows what I'm talking about."

Time to rule on JM court found no misconduct. But on AL, it was intriguing to wonder WTH she got caught at. : )

Judge: " furthemore, this court finds that the prosecutor was not in anyway outside the bounds of proper behavior during the in chambers sealed discussion with Ms Laviolette. I find there was a legitimate basis for the question being asked during that hearing "
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information