Page 441 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 941 1441 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    No matter how hard I try, I don't see the reason for the eye pictures. Brian said the picture was shot downward, but couldn't be conclusive on much because he didn't know their heights etc.
    Remember, this is Nurmi we are talking about. He is delaying the inevitable as much as possible. Might as well get another witness up there to waste more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyT View Post
    That looks like a dictinct possibility to me. The DT must know that some jurors might see a knife or a gun. Looks like the DT are gambling that it will not get in and they are looking for a motion denial as appeals fodder. The defense team I have no issue with - they are doing their job as best they can. I do understand why some people cant stand them or are frustrated by them. My problem is with the defense strategy and those defending the indefensible - that Arias slaughtered a man through self defense.
    Well, to be fair, I'm not sure how many other options they had open to them? The fact pattern here is very problematic for the DT, so I don't see many other theories that they could have pursued. And the bottom line is, Jodi gets to call the shots as far as what fact pattern the defense gets to present, and they don't have much choice apart from offering that theory.

And for the record, I am glad that you (Marty), and Poppy, and DeeStress, and Ian, and all the other excellent posters from various parts of the world are here and participating. All of you contribute significantly to this thread and the discussion here. . .

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I don't understand the big deal about the whole twitter. It's not like Jodi is in jail tweeting from her iphone.

Actually, it could be just another fame whore (Donavan) pretending she is getting messages from Jodi when in fact, she may not be.
    I know, why would the prosecution object? Jodi can only hurt her case with what the tweets, if it's really her. The more she tweets, the more she blows her own case. Just like the tv interviews. She hasn't been convicted of a crime yet, either.

I would love it if Donovan gets called to testify.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianadalba View Post
    The issue here is the double standard that the defense is trying to pull off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    kind of a tit for tat - they can't complain about jm when their own client is doing the same thing
    The Prosecutor is held to a much higher standard of conduct than a defendant. There is a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    Coconut needs one of Alyce's "Time Out" interludes during which time he/she can reflect on the origins of the U.S. Justice System.
    Now the Canadians are piling on! I see some subjects are still loyal to The Monarchy

Did I hear ALV will be here at !:15?
    Hmmm, she must have moved her dr appt.

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    I think court with the jurors is supposed to start at 1:30, The Alv thing is going on now, but the judge only gave 15 min. for it.
    I hope this is the case. I am beyond anxious for the rebuttal case.

Where do you all see the witness lists? I've never seen them on a website before. How do we know Nurmi doesn't have 10 more witnesses???
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

WAT: @WildAboutTrial: Still waiting outside the courtroom. Stay tuned. I need a nap. #jodiarias

Last edited by lisam2013; 04-22-2013 at 11:40 AM.

No matter how hard I try, I don't see the reason for the eye pictures...
    Defense wants to argue the eye picture shows Arias had two hands on the camera...

Thus no weapons in her hands when the incident began...

Thus she reacted to something -- presumably TA's anger -- and armed herself...

Which argues against premeditated and may argue against 1st degree.

Huge reach for reasonable doubt imo. Can't see Judge allowing it through an expert witness.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Defense wants to argue the eye picture shows Arias had two hands on the camera...

Thus no weapons in her hands when the incident began...

Thus she reacted to something -- presumably TA's anger -- and armed herself...

Which argues against premeditated and may argue against 1st degree.

Huge reach for reasonable doubt imo. Can't see Judge allowing it through an expert witness.
    Interesting. The eye picture does not show 2 hands on the camera though, in my opinion

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

If the eye picture is allowed into evidence along with the guys testimony, does that mean JM can bring his own expert that says "it doesnt look like a person holding a camera it actually looks like _____."?

Sorry for not quoting, this is just to anyone that can maybe answer me

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I know, why would the prosecution object? Jodi can only hurt her case with what the tweets, if it's really her. The more she tweets, the more she blows her own case. Just like the tv interviews. She hasn't been convicted of a crime yet, either.

I would love it if Donovan gets called to testify.

The Prosecutor is held to a much higher standard of conduct than a defendant. There is a double standard.

Now the Canadians are piling on! I see some subjects are still loyal to The Monarchy
    Nothing of significance here! Time to access the benefits of the Ignore Feature.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    Interesting. The eye picture does not show 2 hands on the camera though, in my opinion
    I agree and it also looks like she is standing to me. Didn't she testify that she was crouching or kneeling?
    Down in a hole, feelin' so small
    Down in a hole, losin' control
    I'd like to fly,
    But my wings have been so denied

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I figure because everyone can see something different.. like someone posted earlier (sorry not sure who) it is like looking at clouds and asking what do you see? Everyone is going to see something different. I could draw lines around some color and tell you there was a chipmunk in a baseball cap holding a miniature donkey But that doesnt mean that is what is there. I dont see how they could allow someone to come and testify about what they see. JM could bring someone in that sees something completely different and void any testimony given.
    why don't we just skip to the next step and bring in the voodoo guy who can interpret Travis's brainwaves from the grave,kill a few chickens so we can find out what really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairuza View Post
    I agree and it also looks like she is standing to me. Didn't she testify that she was crouching or kneeling?
    Yes, she did. She said he was sitting and she was crouching.

The pic, from what was outlined, looked to me like one hand on the camera, the other holding something shiny; knife or gun. Most likely knife, as that is what is believed to be the first wound; knife to the chest.

If I'm on the jury and shown that pic, I'm seeing Jodi blinding Travis with a flash as she's going on with the knife.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    why don't we just skip to the next step and bring in the voodoo guy who can interpret Travis's brainwaves from the grave,kill a few chickens so we can find out what really happened.
    Im sure if the DT could find one.. they would!

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

Also the time from the picture of Travi's face and the one where she supposedly is dropping the camera are at two different times, which means that she in fact could have been taking his picture (retina pic) and then she gets the knife/gun and the killing starts.
    Another important issue, if you in fact think there is a person taking a picture, why it has both arms raised above the shoulders? when Nurmi was showing the supposed position, both his arms were lower than his shoulders, so if he in fact is saying that she was taking a picture, both arms are surely in a weird position to be taking it.

This photo gives too many interpretations and it shouldn't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairuza View Post

Yes, she did testify she was kneeling when she took the close up of Travis's face. I don't see how this will benefit the defense.

I was wondering if the trial was televised today but it looks like I got my answer. Left here 4 hours ago & now there's 17 new pages! Anything exciting happen?

Something is going on with ALV...towards the end of the hearing today, referring to a prior sealed hearing in which ALV was upset, JM said "She should be upset considering what was uncovered..."

What could that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Something is going on with ALV...towards the end of the hearing today, referring to a prior sealed hearing in which ALV was upset, JM said "She should be upset considering what was uncovered..."

What could that mean?
    I don't know!! I've been wondering about that myself. We probably won't know until the trial is finished, since it is a sealed hearing.

Does anyone else get the feeling we won't be seeing anything else today?

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    The defense hasn't rested yet so it's possible they might

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post

What could that mean?
    It could be when she discovered the pedo letters were forged by her rainbow unicorn farting client.

Here is Donavan Bering yakking it up on HLN about the twitter account

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Listening to someone from the UK comment on the justice system of the USA, and the "tenderness" of a bailiff is just as laughable, don't you think?

You have no basis to comment on the proceedings, especially with such an infantile view of the world.

I hate the retards that "help the killer"!!! Fuck those monsters and charlatans!!!

The heros who will put her in jail and "help the family" can do no wrong!!! Go superstars!!! Be famous on TV during the trial!!!

Like it or not the trial is all about Jodi, and giving her and her defense attorneys every legal opportunity to defend the charges against her. It's not about protecting someone's reputation or anyone's feelings. Travis is dead and gone, no matter how big a show anyone makes about how much they care and how much compassion they have. The trial is not the place to memorialize him, it's where we decide what happens to Jodi. Go wear a ribbon somewhere else, pretty much.
    Wow, Coconut, this is the most idiotic statement I believe you have ever made! First of all, living outside of the US in NO way discounts the viewpoints or opinions of current events happening in the world. That is just plain old stupid. Secondly, if Travis were a close member of YOUR family, would you feel differently? There is NO disputing the fact that Jodi, alone, is responsible for turning Travis Alexander into a brutally slashed corpse. That is the one fact that she can't sweep under the carpet, though she's tried like hell. The family has to live with her handiwork for the rest of their lives. All the power to them to keep Travis' memory alive, because it shows that Jodi cannot just wipe him off the face of the planet, like a smudge on her glasses. I hope she is haunted for the rest of her miserable life.

dimedropper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Because it is really none of our concern. We may be armchair detectives, but when it comes to trying to dig out where someone may be hiding, or what info they might have? That is the prosecutor's job. We really are not entitled to going out there and bringing everyone out into the spotlight, and more than we'd want someone doing that to us. That is when I seriously feel like it becomes a mob hysteria type thing. It reminds me, too much, of what HLN and Nancy Grace do.....and the fact that THEY have compromised this very trial, over and over again, by messing into areas that they do. Just because they CAN, does not mean that they should.
    tell that to all the nuts out in the desert with metal detectors looking for a gun.As good as the prosicution is doing it's starting to tread on thin ice as to weather she's getting a fair trial.Incompetent council scares me here.I also think the filming of this trial could hurt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling we won't be seeing anything else today?
    im getting that feeling too

Thread Information