Page 3 of 1606 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 ... LastLast

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

[B]To All of you who are back: I would like to sincerely apologize for my hand in the suspension.

I had no idea the the words "off topic" equated to hate speech!

anyway So-o-o S-o-o-o-o SORRY!

I will try to mind my P's and Q's. I am excited by all the new info you dedicated investigators have put up.

THANK YOU ALL AND MDS + MOSD!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    Her family owns several restaurants. She could have gotten a public defender way back then.
    Her family owns A restaurant from what I could find online. One. Daddy O's Diner in Yreka. Doesn't mean it's a money maker. I am only going by what Jodi stated in one of the tapes. Yes, she could've gotten a public defender way back then. My reply wasn't to that, but to your stating how her family felt about her because her family didn't get her a lawyer.
    "so he ejaculated on your face and threw you some candy?"

Mimi testified that she just wanted to be friends with Travis and she told him that after a couple dates.

Travis asked her on a 3rd date. She said no, just want to be friends. She had been dating someone else.

Then Travis asks her to go to Cancun. She says no. After some discussion and back and forth, she changes her mind and agrees to go on the trip as a friend. Why would Travis be so persistent to invite a woman who said she had no spark with him? I have been wondering about that. I wouldn't be comfortable on a work trip with a platonic lady friend who turned me down so plainly, if I still had love interest. Was Travis the player trying to woo Mimi with this fancy trip and his big important company?

Watched all 18 videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/crimewriter74/videos

Summary for those who don't want to lose the time I wish I could recover:

Part 1
    Arias stated "Travis had already had problems with sex in the past..." regarding going to his Bishop.

"I moved back to Yreka because I missed my parents..."

Part 3
    After having the evidence put before her and stating, "Detective I am not a murderer" -- Detective leaves Jodi alone where she:

Wipes her face, calmly checks her fingernails, does a big lazy backwards stretch, and lays her head down to rest quietly. She's just been accused of murder!

After a longish time Detective re-enters and Jodi asks him, "What kind of gun is that?"

Detective shows her a horrific crime scene photo.....

Shortly after she continues on her cutsy way describing different guns she's seen before. Totally unfazed by the gruesome photo she just saw.

Part 4
    Arias gets excited about taking a lie detector test.

~Halfway through Arias really starts spinning the lies & obfuscating. You can practically see the wheels turning in her head.

Detective Flores told Arias she wasn't acting right for some who has just been told she's about to be charged with 1st degree murder. Arias calmly inquires "how am I acting different?" -- it's clear she is gathering information so she can tailor her behavior to fit it. "Is it because I'm not crying?"

Part 5
    Arias starts crying ... right after she "discovers" she is supposed to be crying.

"Before they book me can I clean myself up a bit?" -- concerned about mugshot.

Crying ceases the minute Detective leaves the room.

"You should have at least done your makeup Jodi, gosh."

Singing. Playing with water bottle. Not upset in the least.

Not less than 5 minutes she's bored, does headstand, snoops around the room, laughs, sings more, moves table & begin drawing.

Part 6
    Orange jumpsuit now(booked), female detective to play "good cop" -- Arias is so unanimated with a female sitting across from her.

Part 7
    Borrrring .... head on hand, female cop.

Female Detective leaves, Arias climbs under the table & sits.

Part 8
    Let's try some tears. Tears from Arias for Arias.

Female Detective still making no headway. Arias is cogitating. Gathering herself.

Part 9/10
    Good female cop doesn't push Arias' buttons.

Part 11
    Bored with female Detective, Arias asks for male Detective to return.

He returns, and more tears again.

Arias is sharp now, working a plan, trying very hard to see more death photos. No dice.

Annnd, now stretching it out with stall tactics.

Part 12
    Ducking, dodging ..... "Will you stop talking to me if I get a lawyer?"

Part 13
    Chatty Cathy Arias returns, more very intereszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Part 14
    Weaving the ninjas lie now.

Part 15
    This really believable.

Part 16
    Arias: Nuh-uh
    Flores: Uh-huh

Flores leaves.

Arias is focused, thinking hard.

Meal time! Eating, conjuring lies...

Grabs the notepad she has been doodling on, rips off top sheet...

Part 17
    ...then sees the impression below and rips off a couple more sheets and folds them up & hides them in her underwear.

Alone time drawing.

Part 18
    Mean female Detective busts Arias on taking the paper & retrieves it.

Cuff 'em & stuff 'em.
    Last edited by sheesh; 03-30-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    It is of interest that Flores described Travis as a player and as such he wasn't able to commit. It was surprising to learn that he dated Deanna (sp) for 6 years and paid for her breast implants. my source for the above are the unedited interrogation tapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Hi Metis,
    Where is the info on Deanna? I don't recall hearing anything about her so far, just her name mentioned once or twice. I believe one of the Hughes's emails mentioned that Jodi would end up just like Deanna if she got involved w/Travis? I do know Deanna is the one who took Napolean in. Thanks!
    Hey! No cheating LOL You have to watch the tapes LOL Your eyes should have to like ours.

That said, we don't know if Sky Hughes was kidding or if TA just lent her the money. Also so what if he did pay for her implants? They had a 6 year relationship. I don't trust anything Stabby says, she interprets things through her own filter.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

So glad this topic is back. Thank you MDS. None of my friends, coworkers or family seem to be up this trial and I am uber consumed by it!! So it is
    nice to come here an discuss with my fellow jodiholics.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Mimi testified that she just wanted to be friends with Travis and she told him that after a couple dates.

Travis asked her on a 3rd date. She said no, just want to be friends. She had been dating someone else.

Then Travis asks her to go to Cancun. She says no. After some discussion and back and forth, she changes her mind and agrees to go on the trip as a friend. Why would Travis be so persistent to invite a woman who said she had no spark with him? I have been wondering about that. I wouldn't be comfortable on a work trip with a platonic lady friend who turned me down so plainly, if I still had love interest. Was Travis the player trying to woo Mimi with this fancy trip and his big important company?
    The only thing that matters is that Stabby thought TA was going propose/get married/have babies/live happily ever after with Mimi.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Re: interrogation tapes
    I want to watch them so bad butmy mobie device volume for thw YouTube is so soft I can't hear them. I wish they would just make a DVD of them.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Was Travis the player trying to woo Mimi with this fancy trip and his big important company?
    You've obviously watched the 1st tape. IMO this question is not relevant legally, but, IMO Travis was attracted to what he could not have! Liked the chase etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post

Part 1
    Arias stated "Travis had already had problems with sex in the past..." regarding going to his Bishop.

Part 3
    After having the evidence put before her and stating, "Detective I am not a murderer" -- Detective leaves Jodi alone where she:

Wipes her face, calmly checks her fingernails, does a big lazy backwards stretch, and lays her head down to rest quietly. She's just been accused of murder!

After a longish time Detective re-enters and Jodi asks him, "What kind of gun is that?"

Shortly after she continues on her cutsy way describing different guns she's seen before. Totally unfazed by the gruesome photo she just saw.

Part 4

~Halfway through Arias really starts spinning the lies & obfuscating. You can practically see the wheels turning in her head.

Detective Flores told Arias she wasn't acting right for some who has just been told she's about to be charged with 1st degree murder. Arias calmly inquires "how am I acting different?" -- it's clear she is gathering information so she can tailor her behavior to fit it. "Is it because I'm not crying

respectfully snipped by Metis212

Part 16

Flores leaves.

Part 17
    ...then sees the impression below and rips off a couple more sheets and folds them up & hides them in her underwear.

Alone time drawing.

Part 18

Cuff 'em & stuff 'em.
    SPOILER ALERT The eating noises drove me right up the wall. Listened with headphones. Got those creepy chills.

Quote Originally Posted by helloagain View Post
    Her family owns A restaurant from what I could find online. One. Daddy O's Diner in Yreka. Doesn't mean it's a money maker. I am only going by what Jodi stated in one of the tapes. Yes, she could've gotten a public defender way back then. My reply wasn't to that, but to your stating how her family felt about her because her family didn't get her a lawyer.
    It wouldn't have cost them anything to get her a public defender. If your kid was arrested, wouldn't you see to it he got a lawyer? Jodi didn't plead self-defense until 2 years after she was arrested. The 2 detectives are practically begging her to give them a reason for killing Travis. But she sat there blabbing and lying. Now her mom and aunt sit in court everyday, giggling at times, and Jodi never acknowledges them. The family is weird.

The interrogation is straight up weird. The detectives, their tactics, her nonsensical behavior... All of it is insane. I'm glad the thread is back and of target.

This trial has me so damn burnt out that I fear jury nullification at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    Re: interrogation tapes
    I want to watch them so bad butmy mobie device volume for thw YouTube is so soft I can't hear them. I wish they would just make a DVD of them.
    I don't know how the other ppl on this thread could watch those tapes! You all are more patient and tolerant than I! I watched the first one and part of the second one. She talks about the dumbest shit...Detective Flores is a saint for listening to her go on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Creating a new thread as the other one was crapping out the forum.

Please remember to stay on topic. Don't make it harder for your fellow posters to keep up by derailing the thread with off-topic chatter. Blatantly off-topic posts will be deleted. Be nice to other forum members. All opinions and theories are acceptable. Just because someone has a different opinion than your own doesn't make it wrong. Keep all disagreements civil and do not resort to name calling, flame wars, smite attacks, or other pissing matches. Thanks!

Original MDS Article

Carry on! Play nicely!
    Thx MDS! I don't post much but I missed my extended family! Nobody truly understands my infatuation with this case like y'all! :)

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post

Part 1

Part 3

Part 4

Detective Flores told Arias she wasn't acting right for some who has just been told she's about to be charged with 1st degree murder. Arias calmly inquires "how am I acting different?" -- it's clear she is gathering information so she can tailor her behavior to fit it. "Is it because I'm not crying?"

Part 5
    Arias starts crying ... right after she "discovers" she is supposed to be crying.

"Before they book me can I clean myself up a bit?" -- concerned about mugshot.

Crying ceases the minute Detective leaves the room.

"You should have at least done your makeup Jodi, gosh."

Singing. Playing with water bottle. Not upset in the least.

Not less than 5 minutes she's bored, does headstand, snoops around the room, laughs, sings more, moves table & begin drawing.

Part 6
    Orange jumpsuit now(booked), female detective to play "good cop" -- Arias is so unanimated with a female sitting across from her.

Part 7
    Borrrring .... head on hand, female cop.

Female Detective leaves, Arias climbs under the table & sits.

Part 8
    Let's try some tears. Tears from Arias for Arias.

Female Detective still making no headway. Arias is cogitating. Gathering herself.

Part 9/10
    Good female cop doesn't push Arias' buttons.

Part 11
    Bored with female Detective, Arias asks for male Detective to return.

He returns, and more tears again.

Arias is sharp now, working a plan, trying very hard to see more death photos. No dice.

Annnd, now stretching it out with stall tactics.

Part 12
    Ducking, dodging ..... "Will you stop talking to me if I get a lawyer?"

Part 13
    Chatty Cathy Arias returns, more very intereszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Part 14
    Weaving the ninjas lie now.

Part 15
    This really believable.

Part 16

Flores leaves.

Part 17

Alone time drawing.

Part 18

Cuff 'em & stuff 'em.
    Part 1/ A few days after she moved in with Rachel, who suddenly had gotten married, Rachel tells Jodi she has to leave because, "It's not right for a married man to live with an unmarried woman."
    Part 2/ She keeps telling Det. Flores how she got lost on her way to Utah. She says she found herself on 93 crossing 40 twice. This was a real Freudian slip, she meant 95. 93 is the road she took from Mesa to 40.
    Part 3/ She claims she had a nervous breakdown during an argument with Daryl. She was hyperventilating, she calls that a nervous breakdown. This is also the part where she talks about kicking the dog.
    I stopped taking notes after that. It's just more Jodi nonsense. I think I'm gonna fast forward to the end.

Mimi is the complete opposite of Deanna, Lisa, and Jodie. She is older, educated and firmly grounded in her religion. Flores said Mimi saw through Travis.
    Wow. That sounds like a pretty good assessment. On paper, it seemed like a great match for him. Age appropriate and they both needed to get married pretty soon. Something turned her off pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    The only thing that matters is that Stabby thought TA was going propose/get married/have babies/live happily ever after with Mimi.
    Of course but it really helps get inside their heads, and get a feel for the human relationships and emotions that are at the heart of the case. Jodi might have killed Travis over a woman who had no interest in him, and who saw through his image as the goldenboy.

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    It wouldn't have cost them anything to get her a public defender. If your kid was arrested, wouldn't you see to it he got a lawyer? Jodi didn't plead self-defense until 2 years after she was arrested. The 2 detectives are practically begging her to give them a reason for killing Travis. But she sat there blabbing and lying. Now her mom and aunt sit in court everyday, giggling at times, and Jodi never acknowledges them. The family is weird.
    JA did have a public defender once she was extradited. JA's younger sister, Angela, was using drugs and in an abusive relationship during the months prior to the murder. Ryan helped the family get Angela into treatment outside the country. Angela was only 17 at the time. JA was 28 at the time of her arrest and was out of the house for almost 10 years. It seems to me that JA only lets men help her. Although it is extremely intrusive, I wonder about her brother Carl and why he is cut off from her. As for her mother, it seems to me that she relies on her twin for support, rather than her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by DiaDeLosMuertos View Post
    The interrogation is straight up weird. The detectives, their tactics, her nonsensical behavior... All of it is insane. I'm glad the thread is back and of target.

This trial has me so damn burnt out that I fear jury nullification at this point.
    Oh no, not jury nullification! That is scary, why do you think that might happen?

Oh no, not jury nullification! That is scary, why do you think that might happen?
    I am so into the case but got so bored following it for the last couple weeks that overall I have a feeling of "meh" about it. If I was a juror I'd be bored out of my mind by now.

Wrong word, I realized if after I typed.... But whoever caught that and ripped me could have signed it ;) I'm on 2 hrs sleep and migraine pills...so I'm not all here. Lol I meant boredom....

Quote Originally Posted by DiaDeLosMuertos View Post
    I am so into the case but got so bored following it for the last couple weeks that overall I have a feeling of "meh" about it. If I was a juror I'd be bored out of my mind by now.
    Gosh I know, it does get boring following this Trial after awhile of the on going same ol talk on the stand but I have hope and faith in the jury that they will not lose sight of Justice for Travis and what they are there in the first place. I can't wait to hear the next jury questions for Alyce if there are any because so far they seem pretty smart.

Did you all see on JVM last night that Travis bought an engagement ring for Deanna but she had turned it down? I think JVM said Jodi knew about the ring but it was never found with his stuff. Makes you wonder if Jodi took it.

Quote Originally Posted by gigiann View Post
    Did you all see on JVM last night that Travis bought an engagement ring for Deanna but she had turned it down? I think JVM said Jodi knew about the ring but it was never found with his stuff. Makes you wonder if Jodi took it.
    YES omg I saw that too and I was thinking Jodi prolly jacked it fo sho! I wonder why Deanna turned Travis down?

dimples says : YES omg I saw that too and I was thinking Jodi prolly jacked it fo sho! I wonder why Deanna turned Travis down?

I know, huh dimples. Glad someone else saw it too. All these stories are running together and I sometimes end up dreaming about it and my memory goes foggy and my mind scramble. Does anyone else here get foggy times?

Am I the only one who wants to eat at Daddy O's Diner? Might consider it for the next road trip on the way to see WTBB.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to eat at Daddy O's Diner? Might consider it for the next road trip on the way to see WTBB.
    I have wondered if this case has helped or hurt their business.

Thread Information