Page 12 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 512 1012 ... LastLast

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerGirl View Post
    Maybe he was a "player" who cares? Plenty of men running around alive who have 4 & 5 kids all by different mommies...being a player is no form of abuse, especially if it's someone who only dated for a few months. Jodi allowed herself to be played. She claims so smart....she should have then been smart enough to walk away.
    There is nothing at all to excuse, or explain what happened. I know people have a hard time walking away from abuse, but they were never really an item, nothing to walk away from.
    It's plainly obvious that she couldn't use her tactics that have always worked before to get him where she wanted him and that pissed her off.
    This is how I see it anyway!!
    I agree with the player comment. If Stabby thought she was exclusive to Travis, then she was putting obvious blinders on. The door was always an option if she felt like he was taking advantage of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    So what if he was a player? All of TA's friends say he was a big flirt. TA was aware of why Mimi rejected him romantically, he had told her he wasn't "temple worthy". All that matters in the trial is Stabby didn't know Mimi rejected him romantically.

There is still no evidence aside from the word of Stabby, which is worth ZERO, that he was an abuser in way, shape or form. So Alyce can sit up there and spin all she wants but that doesn't change the actual evidence.
    I agree. The abuser accusation is disgusting. There's absolutely NO proof. Same with the peso accusation. As soon as it was determined the letters were fake and forged, the judge should have disallowed that testimony altogether.

Unfortunately, I missed Mimi' s testimony, and need to look it up asap. Please forgive me for not knowing exactly what she testified to, but did she say Travis was a player....or Travis said he wasn't temple worthy? If so, did she ever say why he wasn't...did he confess to her? I mean what makes someone UN-temple worthy? If he didn't elaborate, did she guess...Maybe she just put two-and-two together, and knowing how much Jodi hung around...and got grossed out. I feel bad that this "player" issue keeps getting thrown out there. Really, we only know he was sexually intimate with Jodi and anyone else (Lisa, yes...Mimi, maybe) as just kissing and holding hands. Does that make one a player in the normal world (outside LDS circles)?

Maybe he was a "player" who cares? Plenty of men running around alive who have 4 & 5 kids all by different mommies...being a player is no form of abuse, especially if it's someone who only dated for a few months. Jodi allowed herself to be played. She claims so smart....she should have then been smart enough to walk away.
    There is nothing at all to excuse, or explain what happened. I know people have a hard time walking away from abuse, but they were never really an item, nothing to walk away from.
    It's plainly obvious that she couldn't use her tactics that have always worked before to get him where she wanted him and that pissed her off.
    This is how I see it anyway!!
    true! part of her narcissism is believing she could "tame the savage beast"

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    We now have two separate people that you see as credible because of their connection to the prosecution (Flores & Huges) saying that Travis was a player/user when it came to women. Mimi rejected him for this reason as well. All prosecution witnesses or contributors.

Rather than accept that, now you try to say that Jodi hacked the Hughes email to forge the email, and Flores was lying. I guess Jodi is not alone in her deep denial in the face of overwhelming evidence.
    So what if Travis was a player? That really has never been a question in my mind. Was Travis an abuser? Was Travis a pedophile? Did Travis attack Jodi on the day of his murder? These are the questions that are important to the case. Those are the questions that have not been answered in a manner that support Jodi's claims. Being a player or a user could be considered potential abuses -- but not the kind in which Jodi needs to establish in order to have her claim of 'mortal terror' to be supported. So you can crow all you want about Travis being a player. It doesn't mean shit to the case or Jodi's defense.

Also, the last paragraph should have been directed at me. If you had bothered to read my posts properly, that is. I postulated that maybe Stabby had sent herself the e-mail, since it seems like the kind of thing she would do. I also clarified that I was mistaken and that the Hughes seemed to have taken ownership of said e-mail, so the point was basically moot.

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    So what if Travis was a player? That really has never been a question in my mind. Was Travis an abuser? Was Travis a pedophile? Did Travis attack Jodi on the day of his murder? These are the questions that are important to the case. Those are the questions that have not been answered in a manner that support Jodi's claims. Being a player or a user could be considered potential abuses -- but not the kind in which Jodi needs to establish in order to have her claim of 'mortal terror' to be supported. So you can crow all you want about Travis being a player. It doesn't mean shit to the case or Jodi's defense.

Also, the last paragraph should have been directed at me. If you had bothered to read my posts properly, that is. I postulated that maybe Stabby had sent herself the e-mail, since it seems like the kind of thing she would do. I also clarified that I was mistaken and that the Hughes seemed to have taken ownership of said e-mail, so the point was basically moot.
    it it interesting that this happened before they even "officially started dating" (Jodi's term). Chris and Skye had Jodi's number early on.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko am View Post
    Anyone else have problems with the sound in David Lohr's videos?
    I have problems with all videos from this site, so missed out on some way back. Fortunately, I remembered some old external speakers, and luckily found the right shaped hole to plug them in, now I can control all the volume, both up and down. Sure raises hell if I'm listening to a tape when my dinger goes off alerting me an e mail came in!!!!!

Maybe he was a "player" who cares?
    Knowing his lifestyle, behaviors and past history helps frame the relationship and give context to the crime. I think we're all here trying to understand why this happened. Why did she kill Travis but not any of her other boyfriends? Would she kill again? Could this happen to me?

The case is more complicated than Jodi=evil and Travis=good. I've heard every rationalization possible to sweep Travis's behavior under the rug: I'm an asshole, it doesn't matter anyway, you can't say bad things about a dead man, he didn't really mean it, it's normal male behavior, Flores is lying, the Hughes are lying, etc. Travis did something extreme that made her decide to kill him and we still don't 100% know what it was. I don't hold him responsible for his death, but I wish I knew exactly why it happened, and knowing what kind of man he was helps point us in the right direction.

From what I have seen JA was in full theatrical form on those tapes. She knew she was being monitored and recorded. She knew enough to throw several different behaviors out there just to cover all of her bases. She shut down on the female detective because she felt she could not play her like she could the male detective nor was she interested in doing so. Manipulating men is fun for JA. TA would have never gotten rid of Hodi even if he married and had 10 kids. She is one of those women who don't mind being the dirty secret because she gets a thrill out of being the one that men cheat with. You all saw that when Lisa Andrews testified about finding out TA was cheating with Hodi. Hodi had that smug look on her face. She fancies herself to be like that song by the Pussycat Dolls about "Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me..Doncha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me..." Give it time and Hodi will be polishing some dumbass prison guards knob for an extra serving of shit on a shingle.

Knowing his lifestyle, behaviors and past history helps frame the relationship and give context to the crime. I think we're all here trying to understand why this happened. Why did she kill Travis but not any of her other boyfriends? Would she kill again? Could this happen to me?

The case is more complicated than Jodi=evil and Travis=good. I've heard every rationalization possible to sweep Travis's behavior under the rug: I'm an asshole, it doesn't matter anyway, you can't say bad things about a dead man, he didn't really mean it, it's normal male behavior, Flores is lying, the Hughes are lying, etc. Travis did something extreme that made her decide to kill him and we still don't 100% know what it was. I don't hold him responsible for his death, but I wish I knew exactly why it happened, and knowing what kind of man he was helps point us in the right direction.
    yes, even murders have friends, but no matter what Travis "did" to her, her perception was worse.. she turned his words into action "the punishment WILL BE WORSE than the lie"

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    From what I have seen JA was in full theatrical form on those tapes. She knew she was being monitored and recorded. She knew enough to throw several different behaviors out there just to cover all of her bases. She shut down on the female detective because she felt she could not play her like she could the male detective nor was she interested in doing so. Manipulating men is fun for JA. TA would have never gotten rid of Hodi even if he married and had 10 kids. She is one of those women who don't mind being the dirty secret because she gets a thrill out of being the one that men cheat with. You all saw that when Lisa Andrews testified about finding out TA was cheating with Hodi. Hodi had that smug look on her face. She fancies herself to be like that song by the Pussycat Dolls about "Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me..Doncha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me..." Give it time and Hodi will be polishing some dumbass prison guards knob for an extra serving of shit on a shingle.
    and don't for get Atlantis "would she go down on you in the theater?"
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 04-01-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: To correct back-to-back posting. :)

Coconut, I think the only witness so far that has slammed Travis reputation is Stabby herself. I think the Hughes just wanted to tell her that he wasn't relationship material, not that he was abusive. I would more or less say emotionally detached. The defense is just trying to swing it that Travis was an abuser but at the end of the day, the other person involved cannot tell his side of the story. Even the "Expert" witnesses are basing their opinions on Travis via what Stabby told them.

I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

dimedropper
    she did
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchan View Post
    true! part of her narcissism is believing she could "tame the savage beast"

We now have two separate people that you see as credible because of their connection to the prosecution (Flores & Huges) saying that Travis was a player/user when it came to women. Mimi rejected him for this reason as well. All prosecution witnesses or contributors.

Rather than accept that, now you try to say that Jodi hacked the Hughes email to forge the email, and Flores was lying. I guess Jodi is not alone in her deep denial in the face of overwhelming evidence.
    Some facts to help you with your struggle Coconut:

(1) Flores NEVER met Travis, because he was dead. Full stop.
    (2) Re: Flores - Player -Travis! Heard of interview tactics much?
    (3) We don't know exactly what the Hughes' said to Travis re: the way he treated Jodi, as it has not been allowed into evidence, but we do know that it was something along the lines of 'he can't commit' (BIG WOWS). We also know that ultimately, the Hughes saw Jodi as a much bigger threat to Travis, than Travis was to Jodi. They even went so far as to say to Travis not to bring her to their home any more, and they didn't want her around their children (THINK PSYCHO). IMO both of these messages were conveyed because they loved Travis.
    (4) Flores and Hughes ARE credible! Just cause! And there is screeds of evidence to show that!
    (5) NO-ONE said Jodi hacked the Hughes email! It was a 'do you think' kind of comment.
    (6) NOBODY has 'Jodi Denial'! It stands OUT THERE all by itself like shinning beaker!

Hope this helps!

I honestly don't think Travis had to have done "something extreme" (by normal standards) to set the murder plan in motion, and I say this not as someone guessing but based on personal experience in a very similar situation. I think Travis was ending the 'romantic' relationship once and for all, and that pushed Stabby over the edge. She was NOT going to tolerate it. That was what precipitated the situation in my life.

I know it seems totally crazy to any normal person, but Stabby isn't normal. Of course it is upsetting to have someone want to end a relationship when you don't want it to end, but only a tiny fraction of people would kill over it. Stabby is in that small segment.

As to why she did not kill any of the other boyfriends, I would imagine she was less attached to/obsessed with them? Also, Travis was doing the leaving in this situation. Hadn't she been the one to leave all the previous relationships? It makes a huge difference to a sociopath who needs to be in control.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by VioletPlanet View Post
    She is and will be the Belle of Jail. People with this disorder are truly parasitic. They will adapt and conquer. Especially, because she's such a fembot. She'll have a broomstick up her ass in no time...love it or pretend to love it and become gang member's # 1 girl. After that she'll move on to the security guards....and do whatever it takes to get whatever she wants.
    Absolutely! She'll be very popular in prison. Most women in prison hate men. I bet in most cases it was because of a man (in their minds) that these women are in prison to begin with. She'll be loved and adored by all in there. She'll be a regular Queen Bee!

What if her (and other people's) behavior with The Prosecutor caused an appeal or a mistrial? That would be awful for everyone.

I don't think The Nurmi could handle a rerun.
    I don't think so. Juan went out the front of the court house once and people got excited. He'll be leaving out the back from now on. He's representing the State against Jodi. It's only normal that people would look to him as the good guy in this.

Flores is a no-bullshit kind of guy. He saw right through the whole situation with their relationship. Part 2 of the interrogation really breaks it down, and explodes the Travis = Goldenboy myth.

@ 3:58 "Cause he can't commit - Travis was what you call a player"

"He kinds of pulls girls in but he can't make a commitment. Portrays himself to be a certain way, but he's really not.

"He portrays himself to have a lot of money but he doesn't."

How about this nugget @ 10:50 "Mimi is of a certain caliber with her spirituality and Travis was just in a different place."

The more I listen to these tapes the more I freak out about that little Mormon community of gossip and control. You can just ask a Bishop to tell you the private confessions of another church member? Certain church members who look at themselves as powerful "den mothers" (I won't name any names) get to tell people who they can date, what is good for them, all under the threat of business relationships? Talk about an unhealthy environment.
    First off, I couldn't hack being a Mormon. I also couldn't hack being Catholic or Muslim. As long as they're not doing anything illegal, I believe people should be free to practice any religion they want to. Some religions just aren't for me. That doesn't mean that I condemn their choice to worship in whatever they feel comfortable in.
    Based on my own opinion from what I've watched and read, Travis was a player. But we really need to dissect what a Mormon qualifies as a "player" and what the rest of us qualify as a "player". Most of us hear "player" and think; A male who is skilled at manipulating others, and especially at seducing women by pretending to care about them, when in reality they are only interested in sex.
    But in Travis' circle it means less. He liked to date other girls, probably lead them on. I don't think it was for the purposes of sex, but more for attention. But let's just say it was for the purposes of sex. That he was bedding down lots of women. Holy beans! If that actually meant anything in this case, most of the 20-30 something population of guys would be condemned . That he was a "playa" really doesn't bother me. He wasn't married. Most men are pre-wired for that kind of behavior.
    Travis was no saint. He had flaws. He seemed to have a good heart tho and he was loved by many. He didn't contribute to his death in the least. That's on Jodi.
    And as far as the Hughes' saying in an email that Travis was "abusive" to women, I think we're all going to find out that their idea of "abusive" isn't even close to our idea of abusive. It seems Mormons have a way of blowing up certain words WAY out of context in what the rest of the world thinks. We'll see.
    -And I don't think Jodi was hacking into anyone's email accounts in January 2007. I think that started after she and Travis officially began dating.

PS. Juan Martinez doesn't refer to himself in the third person when he's being interviewed outside of court. I've only noticed that he does it during trial. This is probably to help the court reporter and to keep the transcripts clear. If he was doing that outside of court, I could see people having a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Good grief, the tone of the thread just did a u turn. Things were quite civil until this. We've had quite decent posts despite some different theories, but no one severely reamed anyone.
    As for Mimi rejecting Travis, it likely was simply not a brain chemical attraction. That's why people date others hunting for that chemical draw.

Just my opinion Coconut but you're looking at wrong person's behaviors to try and understand this crime.

You seem to think it is something Travis did, or didn't do that made Stabby stab him! But what if, now I know this is radical, but what if Stabby was going to do this some day to someone because of who SHE is? Because of HER behaviors? Huh? Ya think? And Travis could have been Johnny, or Martin, or Frank, or Coconut (), or any other poor sod in the wrong place, with wrong girl, at the wrong time!

Motion for mistrial due to juror misconduct:
    http://knxv.m0bl.net/w/news-local/story/88361331/

Sorry I'm on my phone & can't make link active.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...ror-misconduct

...Ms. Arias, hereby requests that this court declare a mistrial due to the juror misconduct that was discovered in the sealed proceedings that took place on March 28, 2013. In the alternative Ms. Arias is requesting that Juror 6 be removed from the jury. In this motion, Ms. Arias takes the position that the statements Juror 5 made in front of her fellow jurors amounts to misconduct that inserted partiality in what is supposed to be an imparitial body. In this regard, it is even more obvious that Juror 5 is neither fair or impartial at this point in time making her removal from the jury essential to ensure the rights due Ms. Arias pursuant to the authorities mentioned above...

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/AriasJuror.pdf

What was the description of Juror 5?
    - Beauty is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post

...Ms. Arias, hereby requests that this court declare a mistrial due to the juror misconduct that was discovered in the sealed proceedings that took place on March 28, 2013. In the alternative Ms. Arias is requesting that Juror 6 be removed from the jury. In this motion, Ms. Arias takes the position that the statements Juror 5 made in front of her fellow jurors amounts to misconduct that inserted partiality in what is supposed to be an imparitial body. In this regard, it is even more obvious that Juror 5 is neither fair or impartial at this point in time making her removal from the jury essential to ensure the rights due Ms. Arias pursuant to the authorities mentioned above...

I think the defense is grasping at straws because they have nothing else. But it is still a troubling development.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by azkarisma View Post
    Motion for mistrial due to juror misconduct:
    http://knxv.m0bl.net/w/news-local/story/88361331/

Sorry I'm on my phone & can't make link active.
    Thanks for the update. I wonder what Juror #5 said to them to make them think she was not fair and impartial? Guess we will never know.

More drama is the Jodi Arias' saga.

Quote Originally Posted by phantompoet View Post
    What was the description of Juror 5?
    Juror No. 5
    She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a “unique hair style.”

I'm sure that to please Nurmi, all jurors that do not buy Stabby's defense should be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    I think the defense is grasping at straws because they have nothing else. But it is still a troubling development.
    Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Thanks for the update. I wonder what Juror #5 said to them to make them think she was not fair and impartial? Guess we will never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Juror No. 5
    She is a married, white female in her 30s. She sits on the edge of her seat and is the most visible juror from the gallery because she has a “unique hair style.”
    Hello all. Wasn't going to come in and post til trial kicked back up tomorrow. But with this latest news I thought I'd post.

Does anyone think this latest attempt at mis-trial holds any water, since it involves a juror?
    I'm hoping that Juror #5 just gets dismissed. But I'm guessing that since the defense wants them gone/mis-trial, that she could have been on the prosecution's side in deliberations.

Thread Information