Page 1106 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 106 606 1006 1056 1096 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1116 1156 1206 ... LastLast
Results 27,626 to 27,650 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    Can anyone tell me when the Victim Impact Statements come into things? Is it part of this aggravation phase?
    No, they arent.

Running out of superlative phrases and words to describe what an incredible prosecutor Juan is. Just masterful.
    The two minutes of silence heartbreaking. I know a lot of us were in tears.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    The doctor never said adrenaline prevents feeling pain, did he?
    No. he said adrenaline gets your blood pumping. The defense implied that it prevented Travis from feeling pain.

Quote Originally Posted by DP64 View Post
    OMG JA is trying to look like she is sick and about to pass out. Pathetic.
    I hope a bug flies in her mouth.

Did someone get the shot of her staring at the back of JM's head? (Noted for You tube, if not)

Can anyone tell me when the Victim Impact Statements come into things? Is it part of this aggravation phase?
    Next part I believe Poppy

Cry your eyes out Jodi! :)

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    If one of those buttons blow, someone could lose an eye with the force of the projectile

No, if the aggravating factor of cruelty is found then we go to mitigation. The siblings will get to speak in rebuttal to any mitigation she presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    It was falling asleep and smacking gum during JM's closing. Super classy.
    Classy and Donavan shouldn't even be in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea2Sky View Post
    somethings darkly amusing about Arias shaking her head NO.
    Do you think she's actually conscious of the fact shes doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    No. he said adrenaline gets your blood pumping. The defense implied that it prevented Travis from feeling pain.
    That's what I thought. But Nurmi just said something like "the doctor already told you that adrenaline prevents feeling pain.

If the jury comes back fast, will they move onto sentencing today as well?

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

i thought jodi had to wear prison clothes?
    "Were you crying when you were stabbing him? How about when you cut his throat, were you crying then?"
    "The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path"

I hope a bug flies in her mouth.

At least! God knows she's had all sorts of things in her mouth!

Ha, BPD has nothing to do with Jodi knowing that she was causing pain.
    Idiot.

The doctor never said adrenaline prevents feeling pain, did he?
    It can actually, but it sure as hell doesn't prevent mental anguish.

So NOW they want to claim she has BPD? Nurmi, please. I think they jury is going to come back quickly with a decision - It was cruel

back to secretarial duty lol

Quote Originally Posted by DP64 View Post
    At least! God knows she's had all sorts of things in her mouth!
    Hahaha, I thought the same thing right after I posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    If the jury comes back fast, will they move onto sentencing today as well?
    I don't think so, they need to go into mitigation first. If the jury comes with verdict today, most likely they will recess until next week to give the defense to get ready for mitigation

Quote Originally Posted by rdeadline View Post
    "Dr. Horne, could you please take off all your clothes slowly and then show on your body the location of all wounds?"- JW cross examine

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvsam View Post
    She has a point there, adrenaline can suppress pain
    It can. I had a severe injury when I was a teenager and didn't feel anything for about 10 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady MacBeth View Post
    glad JM finally got to fear and terror and not just pain. cruelty is more than just pain. It is his attempt to run from her. It is her relentlessly following her. It is getting attacked while he is vunerable naked defenseless in the shower in the his own home. JW (the A-hole maximus) brought the issue of adrenaline in. Adrenaline is produced by the body during times of fear and terror. she sealed the deal for her client there.
    I agree, I think the worst part is not the physical pain of the stab wounds but the knowledge of what was happening to him and seeing the injuruies in the mirror, or looking down and seeing them. Although not being able to breathe or what Dr Horn referred to as chest pain like a heart attack would also be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I honestly hold no ill will towards the defense team..did they sink to low levels yes...I really think they tried their best which is what the law requires. They also know that their client is going to die...how horrible that must feel.
    I don't either. It's their job, they had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady MacBeth View Post
    i do. i think they really crossed the line of decency when they went into pedophlia and abuse. they had access to ALL of the writings and ALL of the friend interviews. They had no reasonable grounds to pursue that defense.
    They had to go with the story that Jodi gave them.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

Nurmi pretty much admitted that Jodi has BPD and now is using it as an excuse!
    Dr Horn is on the stand. JM is up. EX 185- Stab wounds of Travis' body. The lower right corner stab wound pierced the heart. The blood would have leaked out and Travis would have felt like he was having a heartattack. EX 188- Stab wound going across the belly fat. Deep wound. EX 193- Lots of stab wounds to his upper back that didn't go in very deep. EX 202- stab wound. EX 200- neck wound. EX 195- Back of Travis' head. Stab wound. Both stab wounds impacted the skull. There were divets in his skulls from the knife. EX 182- the left hand. EX 180- left hand. Defensive wounds. Travis attempted to grab the knife. EX 177- The right hand. EX 205- Dr believes Travis was still alive before this wound. Dr says there may have been several attempts to cut the throat or overlap. Travis could have spoke until the windpipe was severed. (Palin objects- Approach)

Judge is sending the jury to the hallway for 2 minutes. Jodi quit crying as soon as the jury left.

Dr. says Travis was still alive before the throat was cut
    JM is finished

Palin is up
    Palin wants to know if Travis would have died quick with a cut to the throat. Dr. says yes. (Palin is talking in a very calm voice) Dr. says the stab wound to the heart didn't actually hit the heart. It was a fatal wound, but it would have taken a little time to die. Dr. admit that if Travis was moving, the blood would have been coming out faster. Adereline is pumping. Pain doesn't always register with bodies-that's what Palin says.( JM objects and approach) I guess Palin is saying Travis wasn't in pain.

Palin finished

JM is up
    Was he alive when all the stab wounds took place? Yes. Dr. believes he was alive when Travis was stabbed in the heart, head, back, and throat. (Palin objects-Approach) EX 98- bloody sink. Dr. thinks they are alive if they are standing at the sink bleeding into the sink. Dr. thinks they can hear and see if they are standing at the sink bleeding. Travis could see, hear, smell, think, and move. (Palin keeps objecting) Dr. says even with adereline, a person can still feel. EX 205- throat. Dr. thinks Jodi tried to cut Travis' throat more than once

JM is finished

One juror question

What were the3 fatal wounds- gunshot, throat, heart
    Which was more likely to cause scapling (sp?)? I can't say.

JM is up
    The 3 fatal wounds. The dr. thinks the chest would have been the slowest fatal wound. The throat would have been fatal within seconds. Gunshot wound would have been fatal without medical attention.
    JM is finished

(Judge calls for an approach)

Palin is up
    Dr. admits that if a person was moving, the stab wound to the chest would have been quick
    Palin is finished

State rest
    Defense rest

Closing JM
    Jodi made sure that Travis did not go gently. She made sure he went nude. She planned it in his home where he was secure, it was joy, etc.... He was unaware of what was going to happen to him. (Nurmi objects-Approach) Jodi stabbed him the chest-the heart. We don't know if Travis saw the knife, but we know he felt it. As he is seated there, the knife comes at him. He knows the person doing it to him. It hurts when a knife hits you in the chest. Using Jodi's standard of her attempt of suicide, she knows it was painful when she got the papercut. Travis is feeling like he's having a heartattack. Jodi is in a superior position. He grabs the knife and gets more pain. He can't get away. Travis is now suffering. He hurts. He's bleeding. He's trapped. Jodi didn't let go of the knife. Travis gets out of the shower and get away- What's Travis thinking about-the grandmother that Jodi sent flowers to? (OBJECTION yelled by Nurmi and an approach)

What was Travis thinking about? Must seem like a long walk to the sink for Travis. Travis was expereinces terror and pain. EX 98 shows Travis made it to the sink. He's over the sink, and he's alive. He could see in the mirror. He sees himself for the first time. What a reflection he seen in that mirror. Do you think he was quite as a church mouse? He's starts getting stabbed in the back of the head. Travis can see Jodi stabbing him in the head. It's painful to get a knife in the head hard enough to leave a divet. 2 minutes of pain and terror. JM has the court room sit for 2 minutes. Silence in the room. (hands down-the most powerful moment)

Now...he got his throat slit. It was a long time.
    Travis tried to leave down the hallway. He didn't have the strength anymore. He went down. He was alive. The last thing Travis saw was Jodi with a blade coming to his throat. The last thing he felt before leaving this world was pain. Travis suffered enough on June 4th for 2 lifetimes. Those 2 minutes seemed like an lifetime for him. Travis suffered pain and mental pain. We know Jodi slit his throat. Jodi knows Travis suffered. Any reasonable person would know if you stick a blade in somebodys chest it's going to hurt. Jodi meant to spill blood and cause death. She knew every step of the way. This is a woman with a high IQ. She knows what she is doing.

Jodi knew Travis was suffering. She knew it the whole way until she put him into another life
    JM is finished

Nurmi is up
    (He has a lot of papers) Nurmi thinks the jury should detach from the emotion. Nurmi is saying the state didn't prove it. All first degree murders are cruel.
    Pee Break
    Now Nurmi is bringing up what event came first. The shot or the stabbing. Nurmi is bringing up Dr. Samuels (WTF?) Nurmi says that Jodi didn't know Travis suffered b/c of the foggy brain. Nurmi is bringing up the BPD. Nurmi is blaming Jodi's BPD. (LOL)
    Nurmi is finished

JM is up
    He starts talking about the defense not talking about the evidence (approach) Nurmi told you that the state is trying to fool you. Nurmi doesn't talk about the facts. Now they are talking about how Jodi didn't know what was going on-lets talk about that- Jodi deleted photos. Jodi moved the body away from the door to cover the smell. She cleaned up. She changed clothing. She put the licence plate back on. The defense has a weak argument. JM is basically saying Nurmi thinks the jury is stupid and he doesn't want to talk about what actually happened. EX 193- why don't we talk about these? Why don't we talk about EX 204-the throat. Travis suffered. You already know about Dr. Samuels track record? Jodi knew if you take a knife, you are going to hurt somebody. In those 2 minutes, Travis suffered. Only death relieved it.
    JM is finished

Judge is giving the jury instructions. All 12 must agree.
    Jury dismissed

We are on jury verdict watch again!!!

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    One last look at her handiwork.

Wow.... Disco Donna's watch today is a big as Nurmi's! Seriously. What a lovely fashion statement...

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    One last look at her handiwork.

That look is not one of remorse...it's of hate.
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Look at the pics Jodi! You know you WANT TO!

Arias said in her interview with Detective Flores that Travis was screaming the whole time, until he was at the end of the hall and got quite. But, she could tell he was still alive.

He felt everything!

Thread Information