Page 11 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 511 1011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Can't figure your reply. I didn't say in the end she'd be swayed, I said swayed away from the defense.
    Do you mean that JM could turn her testimony around? JM will certainly show she's biased and that although Stabby lied to her repeatedly she still took her word at face value.I suspect Alyce will be up in arms and combative to protect her "victim" (that being Stabby), Alyce will not be swayed from her point of view/opinion that Stabby was the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    I never thought so either. I think the tapes show her in her natural and unguarded state. She does not have her usual mask on because she thinks nobody can see her, so she is not trying to pretend to be normal and fit in.

I said this too, back when it first came up about Dr Dicky first thinking she might have MPD... it is SUPER rare, plus Stabby did not fit the criteria. However, I don't think Dr. D was really approaching this from a sincere diagnostic standpoint of wanting to find out what was actually wrong with Stabby. I think Dr D was just trying to find a diagnosis that he could make fit that would help the defense. I think the truth was irrelevant to him.

Rachel could have caught Stabby going through her things (I think Stabby did this often to people she came in contact with). However, it also seems possible that Rachel just had a very sensitive "sociopath-radar". I do, from living with one.
    A gifted sociopath/psychopath can seduce a professional and play them like a virtuoso plays the piano or a violin. That being said, what Dr Dick had on his website about "producing a more favorable outcome for your client" said it all before he even took the stand. I'm still surprised that didn't come up on JM's cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Doll-Face View Post
    I believe the email was from January 2007. When Chris Hughes is on the stand on Day 10 for that hearing, he is asked questions about it from Nurmi and made to read it. I am unsure why, as it really had nothing to do with the whole point of that hearing, but he does.
    Nurmi trying to score some sympathy points for Stabby in the public opinion. Plus jury is not sequestered.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Bizarre is word I keep coming back to. She is just fascinating to watch from a case study view point

Wasn't she supposed to sing the National Anthem at the car races or something? Would that be the same event that Alyce claims her Dad prevented her Mom from going to as well? If it was, Stabby's feelings of abandonment and rage could have been at a boiling point - add in TA's email/text to her on the 26th and what she thought she had deduced about Mimi and that was a deadly combination.

The t-shirt, ugly shorts/granny panties and the alleged Spiderman underwear were all supposedly given to Stabby on Valentines Day 2007 while she was living in CA.

The pics of Stabby wearing the Tshirt was taken prior to TA's murder and the pics of the t-shirt/shorts were taken by Stabby after the murder.

I don't know when the email being used currently by Alyce is from but I suspect it was from not long after TA started seeing Stabby. Not sure exactly when the Hughes told Stabby she wasn't welcome any longer but I would guess sometime before TA broke it off her "officially
    ".
    This email was reportedly written sometime in January 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

dimedropper
    can you reference when and how she used Hughes's computor?
    Quote Originally Posted by AgathaAppleswine View Post
    Did she actually sing at that event? Or is this one of her stories? Perhaps she was lying, and she got caught. Hence her father refusing to let her mother make the trip, and why Travis was so angry with her. Food for thought. I had no idea she was supposedly singing at any event right before the murder, so I find this tidbit absolutely fascinating.

So she didn't question Travis giving her little boy underpants? Weird. Also, wait, when did she move to Arizona?

Do we know the dates of the photos? Or were they undated photographs?

I was curious, because I was wondering if the email is genuine, or if this is an email that Jodi wrote to herself by using the Hughes' computer.

Would Alyce be able (legally, I mean) to say that perhaps she was wrong? Is it unethical of her to change her opinion (or vice versa, to not change her opinion) based on new evidence presented to her? Or is she legally bound to toe the defense's line now that she's their witness?

Does anyone know if there is any relation between Mimi Hall and Dave Hall?

Over the long weekend, I did the same thing everyone else is doing on here...going through the interrogation tapes. I'm only up to Tape 6. What I'm noticing, is that the behavior people are calling odd and weird is actually kinda normal...for Stabby. It's also the kind of behavior I would expect from someone like her who thinks she's alone and unwatched for a minute. It's like someone taking the time to pick their nose as soon as they're alone and think no one's watching.

To me, the the oddness doesn't come from the behavior itself, but in the timing of it...and maybe in the location where it's happening (police station). When I say timing, I mean the fact that her ex-boyfriend was just brutally murdered a month previous, and she's been told she's their main suspect and is being booked on 1st Degree Murder charges. That's the only reason I think the behavior is odd, but it would not really be odd if we were just watching Stabby in her home alone. I think she just acts like this when she's alone.

One thing that does bother me...immensely...is that she show NO remorse for the death of Travis!! I realize it's been pointed out that if she is a sociopath or psychopath, she can't show remorse because it's just not there....but, for me, I find that very disturbing. I have a lot of emotion about this case, and I didn't even know Travis. I'm curious if maybe her lack of emotion is why the defense filed a motion to try to keep that fact out of the sentencing phase if she's found guilty of 1st Degree. Maybe they know more than they are saying about her diagnoses. I don't know.

Lastly, I found her talking to herself, kinda normal. She's a gal who doesn't have many friends. She probably has always done this. A voice in her head says something to her, and she responds out loud. I know I do that A LOT. Besides having my children around, I'm home alone most of the time...so my best friend is ME (we moved several years ago to a very rural area, and I'm almost two hours from family and friends, so I've gotten used to talking to myself -- lol). Anyway, I don't find it weird. What I do find weird is WHAT she says, and her song choices are strange too.

Anyway, these are just a few of my thoughts I've been thinking...hope they make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy1197 View Post
    Glad we're all back together again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    Feels like a family reunion doesn't it?
    Yes! I missed you all, most sincerely.

Non Jodi watchers don't get it. I don't spend my life watching trials (but admitidly got caught up with OJ and Casey), but what makes this one so intriguing is the lying and waiting and hoping she'll break. They can't seem to trip her up in any way, so that's quite a skill.If it had been a normal trial, I doubt if I would have gotten so involved.
    I agree. Jodi is quite fascinating, in a dark and disturbing way.

It's too bad Jodi took the path of not bettering herself beyond being a waitress. This girl has so many built in mental skills, and without education. She's a singer, self taught in Spanish and sign language, a gift of speech and memory skills. I wonder if she's ever had an IQ test. I bet she would have scored high.
    As smart as she was, a slipup did her in.
    In time, the law would have cornered her, but it wouldn't have been so easy except for evidence left behind. She missed the memory card in the camera, that one and only palm print she somehow missed in her cleanup, she for some reason still had those receipts.
    I agree. Stabby has natural intelligence (I'm not saying she is Mensa material, but I think an IQ test would show she is above average intelligence).

If her plan to murder Travis has gone as I believe she envisioned it, she quite possibly would have got away with it. I believe she thought it would go like the shower scene from Psycho... stab, stab, stab in the shower and the victim dies IN the shower without ever fighting back and all the blood and mess washes down the drain. She did not think Travis would fight back. If things had gone as planned, there would be no bloody palm print in the hall, no hair of hers stuck in blood, no photos of dragging the body, probably no total overkill, and I bet she would have remembered to take the memory card or the whole camera away with her. It would have been a totally circumstantial case.

Quote Originally Posted by oh right View Post
    Jodi is not smart at all. Have you been watching the interrogation tapes that just been released? She was read her rights at least twice and told she could have a FREE attorney. Yet, she sat talking to the detectives for days, expecting them to give her advice.
    [snip]...Her memory isn't good either. She kept changing the details of important parts of her story.
    I don't think Stabby's failure to request an attorney was due to stupidity. I think it was due to her extreme narcissism which made her think she could talk her way out of the whole mess because she felt sure they did not really have any strong evidence against her. She had talked her way out of messes her whole life, and thought she could talk her way out of this one too. I also think she believed it looked more "innocent" to not ask for an attorney... "see, I'm willing to talk, I don't need an attorney because I am so innocent". I also don't think Stabby's changing her story is due to bad memory. I think the story evolved to fit the evidence.... when she felt convinced there was strong new evidence, she changed her story to fit it.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Ok. Now I hear "cut me up" at 23:54... http://youtu.be/sn6mWpXa5zs

Just saw this on the FB page. Pretty cool.

"Travis's brother, Steven Alexander, just wrote this :

"Right now, a helicopter pilot is flying a mission in honor of my brother in Afghanistan. He is flying a flag on his black hawk for Travis. His name is Andrew Scott Rich. Pray for his safety."
    I Feel More Like I Do Now Than When I Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    I never said that she did any such thing. I simply asked if it was possible that she used their computer to email herself. But it sounds as if it was indeed written by one of the Hughes, so it's a moot point -- in this regard.

Someone as sneaky as Stabby would not hesitate to use someone else's email to send nasty notes to herself or someone else, just to cause trouble.

Basically, if there would have been any merit to my question, I was wondering if the email wasn't written by Jodi in an attempt to turn Travis on his friends. Isolating him from people who 1) Did not like her and 2) Whom Travis greatly admired would work in her favor.

I'm not even basing this off wildly inaccurate ideas; I saw the tape where she's going through the trash can and is looking at papers in the interrogation room. She's nosy and manipulative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    My 23:54 shows Jodi stuffing her mouth with a hunk of sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    Just to clarify. I was commending the female detective. My guess is that she used words 'control' and 'power' and 'how you will be portrayed' to appeal to Arias' ego and narcissism. I admired the detectives approach. They knew who Jodi really was.
    I was thinking the same thing! It's always about ego with a narcissist. I repped u earlier but forgot to sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by loonywop View Post
    I know she was there, but don't know the date or at what point her and Travis were at that time.
    Is that where she was acting weird in the kitchen?
    It is possible to use someone elses computer if it was not shut off. I've had an e mail sent to me from someone's computer to notify me the person I'd been corresponding with had died. There was no other way that family member would have gotten my address, (I don't think)

Today's prosecution case testimony review on HLN is really great.

It's been so long, the trial had been taken prisoner by the defendant ... it's good to be reminded of the truth.

Anyone else have problems with the sound in David Lohr's videos?

I agree. I don't think Detective Flores really thought that was who Travis was, or even that those things were true. He was just using those comments to try and get Stabby to confess. Suspects are more willing to confess to someone they think empathizes with them or has similar views.
    We now have two separate people that you see as credible because of their connection to the prosecution (Flores & Huges) saying that Travis was a player/user when it came to women. Mimi rejected him for this reason as well. All prosecution witnesses or contributors.

Rather than accept that, now you try to say that Jodi hacked the Hughes email to forge the email, and Flores was lying. I guess Jodi is not alone in her deep denial in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    I heard it, very faintly, right before she shoves the food in. Absolutely can not watch or listen to her eat. Probably just me but....just so gross.

Coconut....don't start shit again....geeze just let people think what they want to think. We just got back up & because you can't just stop yourself from trying to point out what you think is wrong & compare others to Jodi herself....we'll be shut down again. For fuck sake....just let it go....there's no changing anyone's mind....just as nobody will change yours! Just stop already!!

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerGirl View Post
    Coconut....don't start shit again....geeze just let people think what they want to think. We just got back up & because you can't just stop yourself from trying to point out what you think is wrong & compare others to Jodi herself....we'll be shut down again. For fuck sake....just let it go....there's no changing anyone's mind....just as nobody will change yours! Just stop already!!
    Please restrict these arguments to PM and keep the thread on topic about the developing case. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerGirl View Post
    I couldn't REP you enough about that one. I am enjoying having the thread back, let's keep it on topic and realize that everyone has opinions and that not only your own are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

[QUOTING mydeathspace*said:Yesterday*01:00 AMAm I the only one who wants to eat at Daddy O's Diner? Might consider it for the next road trip on the way to see WTBB.]

It would be very interesting to sit and observe JA's family outside of court in their natural habitat to watch their interactions with ppl and see if it's possible to get a glimpse of what made JA the monster that she is.

Yes...I know & I'm sorry. Just makes me nuts...I barely even post& don't even respond when people try to call me out on something I've posted. Only use my phone so will have to figure out all the other functions.
    I like a lot of others have nobody else who shares my interest in true crime & recently moved from MI to CO & know pretty much nobody, so I hate when this turns to big arguments & hate even more when we get shut out because of it. I know, I just contributed....please forgive my lack of judgement.

Do you think ALV will be crossed tomorrow? I can't believe that Palen could keep up the questions all this week. It looks like there isn't court on Friday...big surprise there!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

I agree. I don't think Detective Flores really thought that was who Travis was, or even that those things were true. He was just using those comments to try and get Stabby to confess. Suspects are more willing to confess to someone they think empathizes with them or has similar views.
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    We now have two separate people that you see as credible because of their connection to the prosecution (Flores & Huges) saying that Travis was a player/user when it came to women. Mimi rejected him for this reason as well. All prosecution witnesses or contributors.

Rather than accept that, now you try to say that Jodi hacked the Hughes email to forge the email, and Flores was lying. I guess Jodi is not alone in her deep denial in the face of overwhelming evidence.
    I never said Stabby hacked the Hughes email, that was somebody else.

I also never said I was positive Travis was not a player. I merely said that police often use the tactic of appearing to agree with or sympathize with a suspect in order to try and get them to confess or give up information. Det Flores making those comments while questioning Stabby does not necessarily mean that was his actual view about Travis.

That does not mean I am in denial. You look at the situation and interpret it one way, and I see something else. Reasonable minds can differ, and I respect your opinion, but please don't make personal remarks about my mental state just because my interpretation is different than yours.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    So what if he was a player? All of TA's friends say he was a big flirt. TA was aware of why Mimi rejected him romantically, he had told her he wasn't "temple worthy". All that matters in the trial is Stabby didn't know Mimi rejected him romantically.

There is still no evidence aside from the word of Stabby, which is worth ZERO, that he was an abuser in way, shape or form. So Alyce can sit up there and spin all she wants but that doesn't change the actual evidence.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Maybe he was a "player" who cares? Plenty of men running around alive who have 4 & 5 kids all by different mommies...being a player is no form of abuse, especially if it's someone who only dated for a few months. Jodi allowed herself to be played. She claims so smart....she should have then been smart enough to walk away.
    There is nothing at all to excuse, or explain what happened. I know people have a hard time walking away from abuse, but they were never really an item, nothing to walk away from.
    It's plainly obvious that she couldn't use her tactics that have always worked before to get him where she wanted him and that pissed her off.
    This is how I see it anyway!!

Thread Information