Page 706 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 206 606 656 696 704 705 706 707 708 716 756 806 1206 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,650 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by wasthinking View Post
    Why not, Nurmi's are judged nonstop daily. No reason to have a double standard. It's not unreasonable to judge JMs equally. I kind of agree with cricket in that JM seemed tired the last couple of days. I think everyone is like a juror and may want different questions addressed. The problem is, there is no way that would ever happen. Some question will never be answered, some are stupid questions, some are too emotional and have little significance for the case and so on. But I don't think people are wrong to feel let down. It did end with a whimper. That's what reviews usually are but we've been spoiled partying to hard on JMs previous fire days. We all had our own Christmas lists made out lol. Heck I had hoped for more than brown hair and helio from Brown. Give me Intrusions, bank fraud - dammit, I didn't get them :( I feel like I got hand me downs and the wrapping was missing the bow.
    I had a feeling you'd have a problem with my post. I'm just coming from the point of view of who each attorney represents in this perspective. JM represents Travis Alexander, his family and the State of Arizona. Nurmi and Willmott represent a lying, manipulating, self admitted killer. Yes of course I'm biased in who I'm pulling for.
    But when I think overall who has proven their case? Definitely the prosecution. There is no doubt in my mind that Jodi planned this out, got in her car, took steps to hide her tracks, drove to Travis' house, murdered him, and then proceeded to try and cover it up, lie, make up crap about the victim in order to save her own life.
    All the defense has proven to me is that she is more vicious that I originally thought when this trial started.
    Last edited by M Joy; 04-25-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Many defendants are not even in custody (out on bail) during trial. So Jodi is actually at a massive disadvantage in how much she can interact with others that could help her (friends, investigators, etc) without scrutiny.
    TA is at a massive disadvantage in how much he can interact with others that could help him (investigators, etc) because he's dead. When you brutally murder someone and then lie repeatedly about it, it should be a bit of a handicap

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    Please say it isn't Wilmott and that it won't be on Friday. I'll be in an airplane flying not too far from Phoenix that day. Do you think her 'screech' will interfere with the electronic system? Should I warn the crew?

Warn the airlines. Willmott's voice reaches unnatural frequencies heard only by dogs and automatic garage doors

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Like several other members have said, I'm feeling a bit let down today. It seems like we're ending not with a bang but a whimper.

To me it kinda feels like both sides are fed up and just going thru the motions...like yesterday when Nurmi had no questions for the Walmart lady, just couldn't be arsed as our UK friends would say. It was a big issue going against his case and there were things I was wondering about but he apparently just couldn't be bothered. And Martinez, rushing thru the closet shelf stuff yesterday and today not bringing up the bullet trajectory with the ME at all is puzzling, especially after he had taken such pains to have Jodi get up in front of the jury to demonstrate the linebacker pose earlier. IIRC he asked the judge for permission to do the demonstration, they sent the jury out, had her do the pose, then brought the jury back in and had her do it again. And then, nothing. Why do all that and then not do anything with it?

It just feels a little half-hearted this week, from both sides...
    I didn't feel/think JM was half hearted at all. The defense dragging it's feet to the bitter end may have made it feel that way for some. JM's case in chief only took NINE Days. JM runs a tight ship, nothing less than is needed and nothing more than is needed to get the conviction. Less for the defense to pick at and less for her to appeal after she gets convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    that makes sense what you are saying - but the one thing the defense never touched on was how could jodi have done all she did after the murder if she really had battered womens syndrome and was in a fog?? is there an explanation for that?
    That's what Samuels was for, Alyce couldn't really go there because she doesn't have the qualifications.

i'm gonna smudge my house when this trial is over
    We all should. Hopefully we'll all feel better after the verdict/sentencing

So that's why she didn't get pregnant. I didn't know that method works!
    Stabby's narcissism wouldn't support another life form.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    he either underestimated her crazy or overestimated her humanity. or both.
    Sadly both it seems

Random Favorite Trial Moment

Wordnerd Jodi is asked about GMT and brutally mispronounces it as "GREEN-Witch mean time".

I know Arizona is far from New York and England, but it should sound more like Grenich!!! For fuck's sake you're making our country look dumb!!!
    According to the JAII brain trust people who pronounce it as GREEN-witch are idiots/morons. Guess they skipped the days when she said it that way while on the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    Dear Diary, I'm so fucked. I don't think they're buying it. Love Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady MacBeth View Post
    In my humble opinion this case is not like Talmadge. First, as the Supreme Court noted the facts in that case were ?extraordinary? and that "Only in rare cases will it be error for the trial court to refuse to admit the testimony."

The Talmadge Court found that Dr. Patterson?s testimony would not have been cumulative Because the testimony of Dr. Patterson was more than cumulative. It was also corroborative in that it "went to the heart of appellants' defense.

Let?s apply Talmadge to this case:

State charged JA with M1.

Defense was = self defense. Dr. LaViolette testified that the reason why JA killed TA was because she was justifiably scared of him based on a long history of domestic violence/abuse. According to a cherry picking of some of the many texts, LaViolette testified that JA was sweet, kind, quiet, did not respond to TA?s tirades, basically that she was submissive.

The state rebutted Dr. LaViolette?s testimony with Dr. DeMarte who testified that JA did not suffer Domestic violence. She, looked at OTHER texts and other evidence such as interviews with relatives which showed that JA was manipulative, aggressive, had stalking tendancies, changed to fit in with boyfriends, all signs of BPD.

NOW, the DT?s proffered surrebuttal witness is Dr. G, a well regarded domestic violence/abuse expert. So, he is presumably there to bolster the domestic violence self defense theory. I have not seen the DT?s ?offer of proof? so I do not know EXACTLY what he will testify to. I would imagine he will testify that TA?s texts were abusive and that JA?s behaviors were normal reactions for someone who had been subjected to domestic abuse/violence.

2 Million dollar question: should it be allowed in? I believe it is cumulative of LaViolate?s testimony. JA= killed TA in self defense because she was a battered woman.

DeMarte another explanation for JA?s behaviors and she identified other texts, witness testimony that JA crawled into windows, stalked. And that TRAVIS was afraid of Her.

What can Dr. G add to this? What exactly is he going to ?refute? that was new? There was testimony that TA was scared of her and called her a stalker. That fact that Dr. DeMarte believed JA had BPD does not deprive her of her self defense. It?s a side issue. Its collateral to the main issue. She still said she was scared for her life when she killed him BPD or no BPD.

The problem with letting it in is it sets a bad precedent. Bad lawyering does not justify surrebuttal.

All that said: I do believe Judge Stevens will allow it for the simple reason that she does not want to be reversed.
    Great information. Thank you!
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    I had a feeling you'd have a problem with my post. I'm just coming from the point of view of who each attorney represents in this perspective. JM represents Travis Alexander, his family and the State of Arizona. Nurmi and Willmott represent a lying, manipulating, self admitted killer. Yes of course I'm biased in who I'm pulling for.
    But when I think overall who has proven their case? Definitely the prosecution. There is no doubt in my mind that Jodi planned this out, got in her car, took steps to hide her tracks, drove to Travis' house, murdered him, and then proceeded to try and cover it up, lie, make up crap about the victim in order to save her own life.
    All the defense has proven to me is that she is more vicious that I originally thought when this trial started.
    you were right, I will always have a problem with double standards. Sometimes it is hard to try to be fair, but I can't stop trying. It wasn't about who I believe, or think what has been proven. It's about working to at least try to be fair and objective and not have a lynch mob approach.
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

OMG, someone has released a front face photo of Travis on the autopsy table. It is horrendous. I don't know how a human being can do this to another. It is beyond my capacity to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by denn View Post
    OMG, someone has released a front face photo of Travis on the autopsy table. It is horrendous. I don't know how a human being can do this to another. It is beyond my capacity to understand.
    After seeing the bullet wound, there is no way in hell he ran after. It had to be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by MadameX View Post
    The pictures of Travis and Linda are really sad... :/
    The woman that Travis wanted to marry is on NG. She is beautiful. He wrote her the most amazing poem.
    Good grief where did this one come from now? So the ring wasn't a left over from Deanna as has been said for how long now? Or Mimi? Or? whatever woman of the month was since Flores labeled him a "player". What is the time frame of this new addition?
    "Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are" --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    Was she ever really Mormon? I think it was all a mask for Travis... jmo
    I don't think she gave a fig about Mormon philosophy, principle or religion... it was all for Travis. Travis wants a nice Mormon girl, I will BE that girl
    next, she'll meet some nice Amish girl in prison and argue for her rights to grow a 2-foot long beard in the name of religion

Out, damned spot! out, I say! .... Here?s the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand!

"Stop being dicks to noobs." -mydeathspace

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    Wow. Can I ask you if you had formed any opinions before the deliberations began? was there any point that it just hit you, whoa, guilty? or did the deliberations sway you one way or the other? did you vote first and then ask questions to confirm verdict, i.e were there holdouts and needed to see and talk about things inorder to reach their opinion? how important was the forensics? I have a billion questions... feel like a jerk for asking so many, but I am sooo curious how a jury deliberates once it starts
    Yes I did form an opinion before actual.deliberations. We never discussed the case until we were given t he case. A young woman offered to be the foreman or forewoman. We took an initial vote ... it was 9 -3 guilty. We all stated why we felt that way. I was able to answer the doubts of two jurors because of the notes I took during the witnesses 'testimony' ... our conversations were civil and respectful. The judge's clerk checked in with us and said we were quiet.
    She said the jury before was screaming at each other during deliberations. The.most important testimony was the witnesses for the prosecution putting that recovered gun in the defendant's hands. The deft did not take the stand.
    It was a fascinating experience.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Good grief where did this one come from now? So the ring wasn't a left over from Deanna as has been said for how long now? Or Mimi? Or? whatever woman of the month was since Flores labeled him a "player". What is the time frame of this new addition?
    He had meet Linda in 2000. He went out and bought a wedding ring,which she did not know about. She decided that she did not want to be involved with prepaid legal and would not make a good wife for him. She never knew about the ring until later. He saved it all that time.

Yes. In fact, another defense guest on NC said he would be happy with the ME testimony, in that she did not use the gun first, so there goes premeditation. Here is another idea for Nurmi to latch on to.
    Denn do yourself a favor and shut the tv off, or at least HLN

Most of us have already seen them. MDS was one of the first (maybe the first, to have pictures of his body.

Linda Ballard Boss was with TA after Deanna Reid. This is the lady that Nurmi was trying torment Deanna with about marriage questions on Tuesday (probably on instruction from Stabby)

next, she'll meet some nice Amish girl in prison and argue for her rights to grow a 2-foot long beard in the name of religion
    She's got a good start on the moustache!

New autopsy photos have surfaced and I am really shocked by the extent of damage to Travis. I now believe she is going to get the dp. The bullet wound to the head shows it had to enter the brain. Willmont's argument about the brain being decomposed it a desperate grasp at best. I have seen cadavers and brains.

On another note, they are going to appeal. It was said that loosing a 3rd juror was appeal material. Don't ask me why.

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Hi Sneakers, to me she just looks medicated, heavily medicated. I wonder what psych meds she is on.

The other things that occur to me watching the video are one, as noted before, Travis had A LOT of shoes! And two, Nurmi's pants are about 3 sizes too small. He's stuffed into those things like a sausage.
    yea i'd like to know whats so godamned tasty that mo fo can't stop eating

Out, damned spot! out, I say! .... Here?s the smell of the blood still: all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand!

"Stop being dicks to noobs." -mydeathspace

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post

Most of us have already seen them. MDS was one of the first (maybe the first, to have pictures of his body.

Linda Ballard Boss was with TA after Deanna Reid. This is the lady that Nurmi was trying torment Deanna with about marriage questions on Tuesday (probably on instruction from Stabby)
    Hope this makes it to Sneakers - OK!!!! I don't know which channel you guys watch for trial. My brother is out west. Out east, HLN is the only that carries this trial.

Quote Originally Posted by MadameX View Post
    The pictures of Travis and Linda are really sad... :/
    The woman that Travis wanted to marry is on NG. She is beautiful. He wrote her the most amazing poem.
    He had meet Linda in 2000. He went out and bought a wedding ring,which she did not know about. She decided that she did not want to be involved with prepaid legal and would not make a good wife for him. She never knew about the ring until later. He saved it all that time.
    so what then, Deanna lied on the stand, or he was cheating on Deanna to the point of buying another woman a ring!?

So, you have seen his frontal face with the bullet hole with him on the table? I have never seen that. I understood these were newly released today in court! I am really behind about the information regarding this trial, so it seems. Thanks for letting me know.

so what then, Deanna lied on the stand, or he was cheating on Deanna to the point of buying another woman a ring!?
    I thought Linda had said 2000. But now, I don't know for sure, since I don't really know the dating time frame he had w Deanna. I am cautious to make comments here these days.

HLN, need we say more? I think I need to stay off this thread after trial is over for the day. It seems that's when the word "HLN just reported or said". I just cannot entertain that channel anymore and since I don't watch it anymore when I hear those words, the hairs on my neck stick up. Why not mention the Enquirer said as well??

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

She's working on the facial hair already. LOL

New autopsy photos have surfaced and I am really shocked by the extent of damage to Travis. I now believe she is going to get the dp. The bullet wound to the head shows it had to enter the brain. Willmont's argument about the brain being decomposed it a desperate grasp at best. I have seen cadavers and brains.

On another note, they are going to appeal. It was said that loosing a 3rd juror was appeal material. Don't ask me why.
    i think thats why so many older members here feel so strong about jodi's trial, mds got all the pics a long time ago, way b4 the trial even started so lots of peeps had already seen how horrendous the crime was

Hope this makes it to Sneakers - OK!!!! I don't know which channel you guys watch for trial. My brother is out west. Out east, HLN is the only that carries this trial.
    I don't watch the trial on tv, I watch it on one of the many live streams available.

No, Deanna did not lie on the stand. Rewatch the cross by Nurmi.

i think thats why so many older members here feel so strong about jodi's trial, mds got all the pics a long time ago, way b4 the trial even started so lots of peeps had already seen how horrendous the crime was
    I understand completely. Seeing him wrapped in that blue blanket with his eyes closed is just heart breaking.

I don't watch the trial on tv, I watch it on one of the many live streams available.

No, Deanna did not lie on the stand. Rewatch the cross by Nurmi.
    I want to clarify that I do not know the exact year he dated and wanted to marry, Linda. I don't want anyone ticked off at me.

According to Deanna's testimony Travis wrote her a letter telling her he wanted to date other people. He dated Linda while Deanna was on mission. Linda broke it off with Travis before he could give her the ring. I assume he got back together with Deanna after that point.

Thank you for the post. This is interesting. My question would be did the defendant take the stand?

No he did not.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Thread Information