Page 85 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 585 1085 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Count me in the camp of not being down with those who run down Jodi's parents.

Her personality problems make the most deep-seeded oppositional defiant child look like a day in the park in comparison.

The fact that they called the police on her when they caught her growing pot in the 8th grade is testament enough to me that they were willing to go to lengths many parents would not. The problem, I believe, is more of ignorance & resourses than "bad" parenting.

This girl was born broken. Her parents were overwhelmed and confused by her behaviors -- and they had other children to raise & problems of their own.

Remember though, Jodi left their home more than 10 years before she murdered Travis.

Holding Mom & Dad responsible, making fun of Mom & Dad, putting them down -- low blows and unfair.

Note Mom is saying "bipolar" but that is misplaced -- Jodi is borderline & sociopathic.

It's unfair to those diagnosed bipolar to compare them to what Jodi is.
    Last edited by sheesh; 04-03-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Holy f*cking wow. I open up the HLN lives stream link and all of a sudden parents of killers don't love/support their children in police interviews (as opposed to telling the truth) if their not Cindy Anthony and willing to lie and perjure themselves to protect their killer spawn.

No wonder we live in a f*cked up world.
    Would you rephrase this post. Not sure what you are sayong.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice11 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying here.

This is where I scratch my head a little: The mom is wearing the purple ribbon for domestic violence awareness. I take that to mean she believes Jodi was justified in murdering Travis because she was a victim.

I also think she and her sister and the red head chick behave very inappropriately in court. Just my opinion.

My heart does go out to them...they have an effed up kid who treated them horribly and eventually committed a cold blooded murder. That is a pretty harsh reality for them.
    I have to wonder if there's a part of the mom that wants to believe Stabby's story. She never met Travis; never even saw a picture of him. The only rationalization in a mom's mind is that their kid couldn't do something like this without a REASON. Who knows. Stabby's ruined so many lives and doesn't even look back. Hopefully when Stabby gets the needle, they'll be able to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Count me in the camp of not being down with those who run down Jodi's parents.

Her personality problems make the most deep-seeded oppositional defiant child look like a day in the park in comparison.

The fact that they called the police on her when they caught her growing pot in 8th grade is testament enough to me that they were willing to go to lengths many parents would not. The problem, I believe, is more of ignorance & resourses than "bad" parenting.

This girl was born broken. Her parents were overwhelmed and confused by her behaviors -- and they had other children to raise & problems of their own.

Remember though, Jodi left their home more than 10 years before she murdered Travis.

Holding Mom & Dad responsible, making fun of Mom & Dad, putting them down -- low blows and unfair.

Note Mom is saying "bipolar" but that is misplaced -- Jodi is borderline & sociopathic.

It's unfair to those diagnosed bipolar to compare them to what Jodi is.
    I agree with what you are saying for the most part.

I've always said Jodi is sociopathic. I've come to the opinion now that she is psychopathic. Very similar. Sociopathy is thought to be caused by childhood, or bad events, etc. Psychopathy is something one is born with. I think Jodi is a text book psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmich View Post
    I have to wonder if there's a part of the mom that wants to believe Stabby's story. She never met Travis; never even saw a picture of him. The only rationalization in a mom's mind is that their kid couldn't do something like this without a REASON. Who knows. Stabby's ruined so many lives and doesn't even look back. Hopefully when Stabby gets the needle, they'll be able to heal.
    Yes, I think you are right. Except, Jodi getting the needle will never help them heal. They will be even more hurt if that happens. It sucks. I sure wouldn't want to walk a mile in their shoes.
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

This is where I scratch my head a little: The mom is wearing the purple ribbon for domestic violence awareness. I take that to mean she believes Jodi was justified in murdering Travis because she was a victim.

I also think she and her sister and the red head chick behave very inappropriately in court. Just my opinion.

My heart does go out to them...they have an effed up kid who treated them horribly and eventually committed a cold blooded murder. That is a pretty harsh reality for them.
    i thought that too until these tapes, you can see she is broken now, i think by the face and weight she is prolly medicated - which i don't blame her, i would need a xanax iv drip if i was there, and that can account for her odd behavior, (plus donovan is the one teaching her how to act in court, cuz the mom is from such a small town) i also think she is scared and bullied by jodi, and thats why she is supporting her domestic violence claims - idk, i can't even see the same woman in those tapes is the mom in court, its heartbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Holy f*cking wow. I open up the HLN lives stream link and all of a sudden parents of killers don't love/support their children in police interviews (as opposed to telling the truth) if their not Cindy Anthony and willing to lie and perjure themselves to protect their killer spawn.

No wonder we live in a f*cked up world.
    I heard one of the HLN heads say something like "with parent's like that who needs enemies?" they were telling the TRUTH, that's what you're supposed to do when you're interviewed by the police. I can see that Jodi's parent's tried to discipline her (8th grade "tough love" episode when she was growing pot) but that eventually she terrorized them with her psychotic behavior to the point that they shielded themselves from her (smart!)

Quote Originally Posted by helloagain View Post
    I have to disagree with those that think this was intentional. I doubt these peoples lives revolve around Jodi Arias like some of ours seemingly do with this trial. They were at Disney World! Their badges say Wild Africa Trek and they are wearing what look like vests. Perhaps it's hot, and girl likes to wear her hair in a style that keeps her cool. Depending on the time of year they went, FL can be hot as fuck. As for the picture itself, him kissing her on her cheek and her snapping the photo, these kinds of photos are all over Facebook (isn't that where their photo was jacked from?) and Instagram. It's a thing, like duck lips is/was a thing, so yes, it's eerily similar to a picture of Jodi and Travis. I'm sure these people didn't take this picture and post it to FB knowing someone would peep out their Facebook, jack it and post it on a message board that discusses the murder trial of Jodi Arias. C'mon.
    If I've read it right, this is not just a random person though, but a guy who either dated or tried to date Jodi. So, I'm going to guess that he has seen photos of her and Travis, certainly from the trial, if not long before.

Surely he would've realized the resemblance of this girl to Jodi (heck I thought it WAS Jodi at first), and of course the same pose in the picture as that of Jodi/Travis.

I just don't think it's coincidence.

Re: The parents tapes on JVM. 2 things.

1. Jodi's mom actually said that Jodi said she would kill herself if not for her family. And then mom's answer was "look at what Travis' family is going through, it would be WORSE for us because you'd be taking your own life". Then she backtracked and said , well ok, maybe not worse...

Sorry, but that was off-putting to me. Especially with the talking out of both sides of her mouth. She doesn't want to lose Jodi and be put in the same state of mind as Travis' family, but yet she laughs it up in court and wears a phoney baloney DV ribbon after trying to peddle phoney pedo-letters to the National Enquirer?

Sorry, but I can't muster much sympathy for Jodi's mom at all. I don't wish her active harm or anything of the sort, but no I can't much feel sorry for her. She seems to think only in terms of things will effect Jodi, or how it will effect Jodi's family. I haven't seen any expression of sympathy from the Ariases towards the Alexander family. Not from anyone at all.

2. There was a bit of the Flores interview with Mr. Arias also played and in it he mentioned Jodi sneaking into Travis' house and "catching" him with another girl and how she boo-hooed about it, because she was intending to marry him. Too bad the talking heads on JVM said it's likely that those tapes were not allowed to come in. I don't know why because it's clearly evidence and completely contradictory to Jodi claiming Travis was the one who wanted to marry her, and that she was not jealous, etc.

"Well, it's YOUR fog..." - J. Martinez

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    omg the only time they searched her room was in 8th grade and they found jodi growing pot?? then they found pot plants in tupperware growing on their roof, and all they did was call the police??? if she was so abused, wouldn't she have been beaten??? my parents weren't abusive, they were awesome, but if i did that i would have been beaten half to death
    Makes me wonder if she had a juvie record.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Would you rephrase this post. Not sure what you are sayong.
    I opened up the HLN live stream to hear a psychologist say that Stabby's parents were throwing her under the bus by being truthful/factual in their interviews with Flores.

I get supporting your kid because they're your kid but I don't get supporting the kid's actions. You can still love/support someone while still telling the truth about what they've done/said.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

i thought that too until these tapes, you can see she is broken now, i think by the face and weight she is prolly medicated - which i don't blame her, i would need a xanax iv drip if i was there, and that can account for her odd behavior, (plus donovan is the one teaching her how to act in court, cuz the mom is from such a small town) i also think she is scared and bullied by jodi, and thats why she is supporting her domestic violence claims - idk, i can't even see the same woman in those tapes is the mom in court, its heartbreaking
    Very good points. Definitely something to consider.
    I'm all for having compassion for people in bad situations. Whether they "deserve" compassion or not, doesn't always matter. They are in this situation because Jodi is a monster. Really sucks for them. :(
    "You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." D. Moynihan
    See my profile page for the location of my "Dear Diary" posts in the Jodi thread.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/member.php?82091-Justice11

This.

I'm confused now on my opinion of her parents, especially her mom. Sandy's behavior in the interrogation tapes comes off to me like she was hurt and confused but she wasn't going to deny her daughter could do such a thing. Basically saying it made sense that she would because of all the mental problems, etc..

But now she's in court every day stone faced during testimony, laughing with sister during breaks and now sporting a DV support ribbon.
    My guess is that Jodi influenced her family along with everyone else that supports her and they actually believe she was abused by Travis.

I don't know what to think.

I am generally of the opinion that you reap what you sow, and in this case I believe the parents have to take some responsibility since it is their kid. Therefore not much sympathy, if any, coming from me for them. If my kid turned out to be an axe murderer, I would have to own it and I wouldn't expect anybody to feel sorry for me or treat me with any regard on random forums across the interwebs..

Enter this into the Bizarro Ledger of Weirdness About the Arias Trial....

I present the following:

Exhibit A = The Freeman family was VERY close to Jodi, as testified to by both Daniel and Desiree Freeman, and Jodi spent lots of time with them. And I believe both of them visit(ed) Jodi in jail.

Exhibit B = Jodi was arrested on Tuesday, July 15, 2008.

Exhibit C = JOSHUA Freeman, Daniel and Desiree's brother, shot himself (can you see it coming???) on...JULY 15, 2008. He died from his self-inflicted wound.

Links:
    FB page talking about the suicide here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/desir...er/21019971493
    The CaringBridge website where his death is discussed here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/joshuafreeman

Wow.

Just all sorts of weirdness surrounding this freak show. If Ron were here, he might speculate that Joshua Freeman was Jodi's secret accomplice and shot himself when she was arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post

I think the kitty cat story reaction today was another of Stabby's fake displays of emotion... i.e. - "normal people don't torture animals, they feel empathy for them, so since LaVa is telling a sad kitty cat story, I better look sad and try to squeeze out a tear or two if I can. Yeah, that's the ticket."

I honestly believe it is that calculating. I lived with a sociopath for years, I am am extremely familiar with how they operate.
    (Snipped for space) BTW- didn't she half kill a cat when someone asked her to watch their cat for 2 weeks? Am I remembering that correctly??

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

I also meant to say that I don't think that killing oneself is worse than killing someone else. In suicide, you make a choice to take your own life. In murder, the victim doesn't get a choice, the killer makes that choice for him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by M Joy View Post
    I'm not Dr. Drew's biggest fan, but I'd rather hear his take on it than the talking heads on JVM.

LOL. JVM started with 1 gas can, then 2. Now I think she has 3 gas cans in her hands!! She's going over the top
    I always defend Dr. Pinsky because I was in treatment under him... in Pasadena, not far from THE ARCO station :) I don't like the Celebrity Rehab series at all but he really does have a strong real world basis for his observations... my 2 ? :)

Psychopathy is something one is born with. I think Jodi is a text book psychopath.
    Agree. With her jail record/behavior and her behavior while a child/teenager are ticking off more boxes every day as we learn more about her.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyp View Post
    I heard one of the HLN heads say something like "with parent's like that who needs enemies?" they were telling the TRUTH, that's what you're supposed to do when you're interviewed by the police.
    ^That.

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    If I've read it right, this is not just a random person though, but a guy who either dated or tried to date Jodi.

1. Jodi's mom actually said that Jodi said she would kill herself if not for her family. And then mom's answer was "look at what Travis' family is going through, it would be WORSE for us because you'd be taking your own life". Then she backtracked and said , well ok, maybe not worse...

Sorry, but that was off-putting to me. Especially with the talking out of both sides of her mouth. She doesn't want to lose Jodi and be put in the same state of mind as Travis' family, but yet she laughs it up in court and wears a phoney baloney DV ribbon after trying to peddle phoney pedo-letters to the National Enquirer?

Sorry, but I can't muster much sympathy for Jodi's mom at all. I don't wish her active harm or anything of the sort, but no I can't much feel sorry for her. She seems to think only in terms of things will effect Jodi, or how it will effect Jodi's family. I haven't seen any expression of sympathy from the Ariases towards the Alexander family. Not from anyone at all.

2. There was a bit of the Flores interview with Mr. Arias also played and in it he mentioned Jodi sneaking into Travis' house and "catching" him with another girl and how she boo-hooed about it, because she was intending to marry him. Too bad the talking heads on JVM said it's likely that those tapes were not allowed to come in. I don't know why because it's clearly evidence and completely contradictory to Jodi claiming Travis was the one who wanted to marry her, and that she was not jealous, etc.
    John Dixon is the guy Stabby claimed was going to hang her jacked up EBAY art in a gallery with Van Gogh's and Monet's.

Completely agree with points 1 and 2.!

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlonde View Post
    If I've read it right, this is not just a random person though, but a guy who either dated or tried to date Jodi. So, I'm going to guess that he has seen photos of her and Travis, certainly from the trial, if not long before.

Surely he would've realized the resemblance of this girl to Jodi (heck I thought it WAS Jodi at first), and of course the same pose in the picture as that of Jodi/Travis.

I just don't think it's coincidence.

Responding to #2, the court refuses to allow stalking or anything close to that to be used for the prosecution due to perceiving it to be prejudicial and not allowing Stabby to a "fair" trial. The fact that the defense can drag Travis name through the mud is of inconsequence to them. It seems way unfair and to me it is but they want a clear verdict in this case and very little information for her to appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidlyLovely View Post

I present the following:

Exhibit A = The Freeman family was VERY close to Jodi, as testified to by both Daniel and Desiree Freeman, and Jodi spent lots of time with them. And I believe both of them visit(ed) Jodi in jail.

Exhibit C = JOSHUA Freeman, Daniel and Desiree's brother, shot himself (can you see it coming???) on...JULY 15, 2008. He died from his self-inflicted wound.

Links:
    FB page talking about the suicide here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/desir...er/21019971493
    The CaringBridge website where his death is discussed here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/joshuafreeman

Wow.

Just all sorts of weirdness surrounding this freak show. If Ron were here, he might speculate that Joshua Freeman was Jodi's secret accomplice and shot himself when she was arrested.
    um.......

eta: idk - i might actually agree w/ ron on this one

Quote Originally Posted by HelloItsMe View Post
    Have you watched the memorial video? It's nice to see happy pictures of him.

I have seen this video a few times. It is sad to think that they both had a life time ahead of them and she ruined it for both of them. I don't understand how someone can murder another and then go on with life as normal. I'd be sick.

um.......

I wish there were more details out there about the reasons surrounding his suicide and for long he'd been "troubled" (for lack of a better word), because, I hate to admit, I broke out on goosebumps on my arms when I stumbled on that shit and realized the DATE he'd shot himself.

The shitstorm of fuck and awe that surrounds this case just keeps growing like a malignant tumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    (Snipped for space) BTW- didn't she half kill a cat when someone asked her to watch their cat for 2 weeks? Am I remembering that correctly??
    Yes, that is right. She went away and left the cat all alone, then was surprised when the cat was totally freaked out when she finally returned. Again, that total lack of empathy. It probably did not even occur to her that this would be traumatic or dangerous for the poor cat.

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Responding to #2, the court refuses to allow stalking or anything close to that to be used for the prosecution due to perceiving it to be prejudicial and not allowing Stabby to a "fair" trial. The fact that the defense can drag Travis name through the mud is of inconsequence to them. It seems way unfair and to me it is but they want a clear verdict in this case and very little information for her to appeal.
    And I don't understand that, at all. Jodi is alive and can spin her version of events. Travis can't defend himself and tell in his own words what really happened. I don't see how anything can be deemed prejudicial to the defendant when she can get up there and try to counteract. I think slandering the victim is prejudicial to the victim. Especially when the only "evidence" at all comes from the killer herself.

I see "Snookie" the defense attorney is back on JVM. She said LaVa is the best witness the defense has had; which might be true, but that isn't saying much at all.

Someone on the panel also brought up LaVa's conveniently coming down with Martinez Flu. LaVi isn't fooling anyone with her sudden illness.

Please please let David Lohr or some other enterprising crime writer/journalist get their hands on the Arias parents interviews. I don't think I can handle HLN.

Wendy Murphy did make a good point about the sudden onset of Alyce's flu today though

It appeared not long after she claimed she could find no evidence in her observations that Stabby was jealous of TA and JM smiled like the cat that swallowed the proverbial canary

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidlyLovely View Post

I present the following:

Links:

Wow.

um.......

Whoa.

I think it might be a huge coincidence.... wouldn't JA have said something?!
    Wouldn't anyone else have said something?

IDK either. this is crazy

omg - hln has new private diaries for jodi?? 600 pages??

Thread Information