Page 743 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 243 643 693 733 741 742 743 744 745 753 793 843 1243 ... LastLast
Results 18,551 to 18,575 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    i just can't keep track of her stories - i thought the bmw trans was ruined and the ifinity was repoed - but the mom in the interrogation she said that jodi got a flat on the way riverdise burial, no spare so bought a tire, bought one and it was the wrong size and that caused her transmission to break?? which i don't think can cause that - but would that be the infinity or bmw??

and also the mom said when grandma's house was robbed jodi said she was in hilt w/ her sis to visit and monestary but the dad told flores that jdoi said she had to go to medford oregon that day

plus it sounds like her mom was giving money right and left to support her, especially in mesa, even spending $2500 to pay for her moving back (and storing her stuff) to yreka - so i don't think they are quite as poor as she claimed - but it did sounded like dad might have cut her of and refused to help w/ an atty - i get the feeling dad isn't really a jodi supporter
    I was listening to the extended version of the parent interviews on NG last night also, I noticed that her mother asks will they get Jodi help but again, just like her daughter there doesn't seem to be a thought for the other family. I don't know if that is normal, I keep thinking I would feel so terrible for the family who is hurting because MY child killed their loved ones. You never hear anything from her like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by lorizfree View Post
    I highly doubt they're going to be finished with testimony tomorrow. The defense is going to drag it out as long as possible.
    Bite your tongue woman!! I did give myself a day extra for jury deliberations though in the poll!
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; They listen with the intent to reply." ~ anonymous
    "Keep calm and sing Soft Kitty"
    "it is what it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by *crickets* View Post
    Sneakerz the Wondersleuth, I am waiting for an update on the hearing today about using the psychologist to opine on brain function after a GSW to the face...specifically how he would be qualified to do that. Still say if they want to go down that road they would need to have a neurologist or neurosurgeon.

Will the hearing have cameras/press present or is it closed-door? Waiting patiently to hear from you...
    Perhaps, you might want to g**gle neuropsychologist? Or traumatic brain injury? There is a big misunderstanding here about which profession is able to discern brain functioning. Its making me crazy! The american board of psychiatry and neurology certify both MD's and PhD's.

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a lovely weekend! Im hoping someone here can answer a question for me. If the defense gets the surrebuttal (or what ever it is called) does the state get a chance to bring someone else in to counter what ever has been said? I apologize if this is a stupid question

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

Quote Originally Posted by PopRocks View Post
    I dont think it was just the sex. I think travis knew how messed up she was and really wanted to help her. I think she used the sex as a way to keep him around and as a way to "forgive" him when she acted out

Jodi probably reminded travis of his mom and probably didnt want to abandon her
    I think you are right . I think his issues with his mom definitely made him more vulnerable and that he related on a deeper psychological level to Jodi and saw parallels between these two women. Sadly their union was so incredibly toxic. You get the sense he was finally pulling away from her but with her manipulations and psychosis, he could not do it as she was determined not to let him go. Just an incredibly tragic story .I think some of us are drawn to the underlying psych issues e.g fear of abandonment, co-dependency, sexual repression etc because of our own experiences and knowledge

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Freaktab View Post
    ZB.... For me, and I speak only for myself here, it is because I need to understand how it can be prevented in the future. The "I'm fucked up" reason might be okay for a lot of folks and, frankly, it does give explanation, but we are all fucked up in some way or another and I would like to be able to identify what is was in both of them, that led to this horrific murder. I believe that it was the combination of both of them that created this perfect shit storm. Again, I need to clarify that in no way do I think Travis deserved what happened to him and I am not blaming the victim.

There are a lot of Stabby's out there, both male and female, and there is something in that personality type that latches on and can't let go. But, I also think there were tons of warning signs in this case and Travis knew something was up, I mean he was scared of her but he kept in contact with her. I think there is more to the explanation than he wanted her for sex or he was a nice guy, or even just because he was fucked up.

I work in education.... I teach kids, parents, and other educators and I think this tragedy can be used as a cautionary tale for a lot of people. When I look back at what Jodi did, the actions she took with Travis, there are tons of indicators that something bad could happen. We know how this story turned out and a good man is dead, a woman is going to prison, and both families are destroyed. I, personally, am very interested in what might be done to prevent the next tragedy.
    It seems to me that you are looking for a simple answer to a complicated problem. Much like, how can I avoid becoming a drug addict? The simple answer is: don't do drugs. But we know it isn't that simple (contrary to what Nancy Reagan told us!).

Basically, the simple answer is: don't get into a bad relationship. However, people KNOW this and yet they continue to get into bad relationships. The reasons are many and varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis212 View Post
    In a perfect world, Jodi's parents would have insisted on treatment. Parents often ignore signs that their teen is in trouble. The shame and the stigma associated with mental illness is so pervasive that people avoid therapy for themselves or their family members at all costs.
    There are also other barriers to treatment. It is often cost prohibitive. And the kid has to want to be in therapy, or they either won't go or won't make any progress if they do go.

Quote Originally Posted by dianalyn View Post
    I was listening to the extended version of the parent interviews on NG last night also, I noticed that her mother asks will they get Jodi help but again, just like her daughter there doesn't seem to be a thought for the other family. I don't know if that is normal, I keep thinking I would feel so terrible for the family who is hurting because MY child killed their loved ones. You never hear anything from her like that though.
    I don't think it's fair to judge them based on these police interviews. They were focused on their child and the questioning was focused on their child. This does not mean that they didn't give a rat's ass about the victim or his family; however, Travis and his family are unknown to them. Also, we don't know if comments relating to him have been clipped or what they might have said outside of the interview room.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

i just can't keep track of her stories - i thought the bmw trans was ruined and the ifinity was repoed - but the mom in the interrogation she said that jodi got a flat on the way riverdise burial, no spare so bought a tire, bought one and it was the wrong size and that caused her transmission to break?? which i don't think can cause that - but would that be the infinity or bmw??

and also the mom said when grandma's house was robbed jodi said she was in hilt w/ her sis to visit and monestary but the dad told flores that jdoi said she had to go to medford oregon that day

plus it sounds like her mom was giving money right and left to support her, especially in mesa, even spending $2500 to pay for her moving back (and storing her stuff) to yreka - so i don't think they are quite as poor as she claimed - but it did sounded like dad might have cut her of and refused to help w/ an atty - i get the feeling dad isn't really a jodi supporter
    The car befuddle. Ahhh, I too have experienced this befuddlement. All I know is the BMW was wrecked when she towed it. From that point on it was sitting in a mechanic's yard. The repo'd car didn't get repo'd until after the murder. I'm not sure if that was the car that she drove to Riverside. Someone must have helped her keep the car for another month or two after she ruined the BMW. I can only imagine that Travis paid for it to get her the heck out of Mesa. Maybe her parents or grandparents helped. Seemed they were awfully slow at repossessing that vehicle. Maybe it took some time for them to find it...

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    P.S.-Has anyone else given a reach-around to a spider-monkey whilst reciting the pledge of allegiance, or is that fairly uncommon?

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a lovely weekend! Im hoping someone here can answer a question for me. If the defense gets the surrebuttal (or what ever it is called) does the state get a chance to bring someone else in to counter what ever has been said? I apologize if this is a stupid question
    Never a stupid question here! I do not believe the State can do anything after their Rebuttal. The opportunity to counter this new expert is through cross examination.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellJett View Post
    Never a stupid question here! I do not believe the State can do anything after their Rebuttal. The opportunity to counter this new expert is through cross examination.
    Thank you so much!!

Karma is only a bitch if you are!

What woman in her right mind competes with the ex-wife? Jeese.
    One who has no sense of self, no depth of real emotion, and a need to control. It's the ultimate in mirroring, which Jodi is so very adept at. (See the interrogation tapes -- "How am I acting that makes you think I'm involved? Is it because I'm not crying?")

Jodi thinks, "I want her life, I'm going to take it." But she does not know how to just "be" -- so she molds herself to be someone else.

Aw shucks. prior to this trial, I was well-liked, funny and considered intelligent. Now I am the google bitch. Jodi ruins everything.
    No way, no how Metis. You're always at the top of my rep list, and your insights help drive this discussion in a productive direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBatman! View Post
    I may get some flack for this and Im gonna say this anyway....Samson and Delilha. What I see is that this relationship has become common place, sad to say. Domestic violence is becoming very prevalent. I see it every day. I understand your position as an educator and wanting to prevent the next tragedy but realistically that is not possible. People learn behavior and in a matter of a very short while....only 28 days if you look at addiction programs. Women/men who grow up with abuse feel that it is normal and become accustomed to that type of behavior. I worked with a woman today who came to us straight from the ER battered and bruised and really had no clue that being beaten wasn't normal. As much as I wish there was "cure" for abuse there isn't one. And as for the "red flags" the abused typically ignore them and think they can "fix" the abuser.

We as professionals and society as a whole have to take into consideration many cultural aspects to what is abuse and what is not.
    So true. How does a woman allow this to happen? How do you eat an elephant? -- one bite at a time. The first red flags don't always look that way at the time to those women who have been preconditioned for and were not educated about abuse.

For me, and I speak only for myself here, it is because I need to understand how it can be prevented in the future. The "I'm fucked up" reason might be okay for a lot of folks and, frankly, it does give explanation, but we are all fucked up in some way or another and I would like to be able to identify what is was in both of them, that led to this horrific murder. I believe that it was the combination of both of them that created this perfect shit storm...
    You've hit on the important point -- this is a dynamic, an attraction between two types that should not be together. We see it in addiction treatment, where you put a borderline type female in the room with a "white knight" type codependant -- if you leave the room those two will be so magnetically attracted to each other they'll be having sex in no time. Sometimes called a train-wreck relationship -- or my favorite, "alcoholics(personality type) don't have relationships, we take hostages".

It's an immediate immersion relationship that's highly addictive to the borderline's partner -- because when a BPD loves you, they really love & worship & boost you up. Nothing more attractive to a man than a smiling woman who's crazy(no pun intended) about him. So how to avoid these pairings? Don't think you can. But let's realize that the overwhelming majority of BPDs do not have the accompanying sociopathic traits that Jodi has. BPDs typically harm themselves, not others.

In a perfect world, Jodi's parents would have insisted on treatment. Parents often ignore signs that their teen is in trouble. The shame and the stigma associated with mental illness is so pervasive that people avoid therapy for themselves or their family members at all costs. i cant tell you the numbers of parents whose son or daughter have a first psychotic break and the parent prefers that the kid has a brain tumor or smoked some bad weed.

In that same perfect world, Travis would have sought treatment, too. There is no shame in admitting there is an obstacle in your path that you can't get around no matter what you try.

So, as an educator you can teach that therapy is a good thing.
    My borderline -- so odd to type that -- controlled her household as an adolescent and was intent on getting out of that house as soon as she could. Her (adoptive (yeah, I know, I know)) parents didn't have a chance. Deep down she knew something was off, but she was too afraid to discover what that might be. The fact that she was the most strikingly beautiful redhead I've ever seen anywhere allowed her to attach to men easily, and thus avoid having to address her problems.

and I has a sad...this discussion has depressed me.
    It saddens me to think about these broken people. And my heart breaks for the man Travis was and could have become.
    Last edited by sheesh; 04-30-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    It's an immediate immersion relationship that's highly addictive to the borderline's partner -- because when a BPD loves you, they really love & worship & boost you up.
    This in one of the red flags I look for. If the person is overly into you and starts talking about marriage a week after having met you, is showering you with compliments, etc. RUN THE OTHER WAY.

It's heady and hard to resist when someone is paying you that much attention, but normal people won't do that. Good relationships grow more gradually.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

I spent the last 2 days digging into the scientific literature concerning lying and amnesia in criminal cases. Since people who commit violent crimes lie, I wanted to know what an "expert witness" could know to decide if the perpetrator is lying. I've come to the conclusion that none of the experts did a good job. Demarte did the minimum, the others didn't do anything.

There are a few tests beyond the WRAT which are able to determine whether or not crime-related amnesia is bs or not. Apparently, there is something called a "red out". A "red out" would mean that Jodi experienced rage to such a degree that she developed memory loss of her criminal act(s). The red out idea is well-accepted in the neuropsychological literature and it has been around since 1999.

Over the past two years or so, the idea of a red-out has been called into question. The rationale for questioning a "red-out" validity is a). it only requires extreme emotional arousal and b). it goes against a well-established memory principle that people remember actions better than concepts and c). people remember their own actions better than the actions of others and d). intense emotions enhance rather than erode memory encoding. In addition to these 4 points, it is well accepted that suppression of emotional memory only make that memory hyper-accessible.

A psychologist can screen for malingered amnesia. Malingering in this situation has as its secondary gain the desire to reduce criminal responsibility. To screen and test for malingering a two pronged approach is needed; 1). deliberate cognitive underperformance and 2). symptom exaggeration are evaluated using separate tests.

Deliberate underperformance can be shown by using Amsterdam Short Term Memory test (ASTM) and the Test of Memory Malingering (ToMM; Tombaugh, 1996). To assess symptom exaggeration psychologists can use the Structured Inventory of Malingered Symptomatology (SIMS) and the MMPI-2 validity scales.

Demarte used the WRAT and the MMPI. This says to me, that the defense has blocked any effort to decide if Jodi is lying.

One who has no sense of self, no depth of real emotion, and a need to control. It's the ultimate in mirroring, which Jodi is so very adept at. (See the interrogation tapes -- "How am I acting that makes you think I'm involved? Is it because I'm not crying?")
    I found that moment in the interrogation to be SO revealing of Jodi's true self. I read it as her attempting to find out what the "correct response" was in that situation, what response a normal human would be likely to have. She would be glad to supply it, she just could not figure out what it was, so she was asking Detective Flores for hints. I think Jodi had gone through her extensive mental Rolodex of potential responses, and since she had never been in a similar situation before, the card with the "how normal people act when being questioned as a murder suspect" was blank. She had no genuine response, because she is a sociopath (imo).

Were you crying when you were stabbing him? --SuperJuan Martinez
    Nobody believes a word out of your mouth. Why do you keep talking? -- ABC Interviewer to JA

Quote Originally Posted by meowzerz View Post
    Oh nooooooo I hope not. But Im thinking you are right This poor jury is going to be SO confused.

I cant bear to watch tomorrow. I am trying to be "jodi-free" until closing arguments. I just cant seem to stay away from this site though
    I don't want to watch tomorrow either..but I know I will. I've watched it from the beginning, and I'll have to see it through to the end. Just like OJ and Casey Anthony. I have a sworn oath with my brother that I'm NOT watching the Zimmerman trial. He doesn't believe me.
    :o)

Quote Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
    I found that moment in the interrogation to be SO revealing of Jodi's true self. I read it as her attempting to find out what the "correct response" was in that situation, what response a normal human would be likely to have. She would be glad to supply it, she just could not figure out what it was, so she was asking Detective Flores for hints. I think Jodi had gone through her extensive mental Rolodex of potential responses, and since she had never been in a similar situation before, the card with the "how normal people act when being questioned as a murder suspect" was blank. She had no genuine response, because she is a sociopath (imo).
    I agree. It was very revealing (and creepy).

Yes, I believe based on the pictures of dragging him and the carpet photos, she slit his throat while he was on his back.

I wonder if the throat cut was made in one slice, or if maybe there was a bit of sawing back and forth. I know it sounds really sick, I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that someone who has never killed before would be able to pull off such a violent motion without a glimmer of hesitation.

I am going to go back and listen to the testimony of the ME again, but I don't know if it was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    I wonder if the throat cut was made in one slice, or if maybe there was a bit of sawing back and forth. I know it sounds really sick, I am just having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that someone who has never killed before would be able to pull off such a violent motion without a glimmer of hesitation.

I am going to go back and listen to the testimony of the ME again, but I don't know if it was mentioned.
    No sawing, just a quick motion. He mentioned that he knew that because there were no “hesitation marks”

Anyone know if today’s hearing will be aired? Or is it closed? Also, what time is it scheduled at? TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post

That is one of the things that I kept dwelling on to and asked about waaay back, if I remember correctly there were no hesitation marks so she did just cleanly slice through. *shudder*

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Aw shucks. prior to this trial, I was well-liked, funny and considered intelligent. Now I am the google bitch. Jodi ruins everything.
    *skulking off to google now*

(I hope you're happy Metis...)
    A sweet little song bird has informed me they have access to Lexis Nexis will do a search on Geffner for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillee View Post
    She had to have been COVERED in blood! From head to toe!
    Good lord. Personally, I think she let travis lay dead on the bathroom floor while she showered and changed clothing.
    I don't think she showered, not enough time because the room mate was due home any time. I think she used that bloody towel found in the washer to clean off any blood visible to her and possibly changed her clothes. If she had a black top on blood might not be visible,we know she had dark colored pants on. I think she beat feet out of that house as soon as she could . Curious as whether she showed up in Utah wearing braids? She had to have had blood in her hair. There is still some time missing in her story about driving from Mesa to West Jordan where Ryan Burns lived and she could have stopped to shower somewhere.

We'll never know.

In a perfect world, Jodi's parents would have insisted on treatment. Parents often ignore signs that their teen is in trouble. The shame and the stigma associated with mental illness is so pervasive that people avoid therapy for themselves or their family members at all costs. i cant tell you the numbers of parents whose son or daughter have a first psychotic break and the parent prefers that the kid has a brain tumor or smoked some bad weed.

In that same perfect world, Travis would have sought treatment, too. There is no shame in admitting there is an obstacle in your path that you can't get around no matter what you try.

So, as an educator you can teach that therapy is a good thing.
    Even Matt McCartney, dirt bag though he is, called her Mom and told her that Stabby needed help after he called a hotline and they suggested she might be might be bi-polar based on what he reported. After she moved back to Yreka it doesn't appear that her her family attempted to get her any help. Her sister, Angela, was having problems at time too and ended up in rehab either just before she was arrested or shortly after. Her youngest brother was posting on facebook not long ago that he a prescription for good old medical Mary Jane (weed).

Quite frankly, I think her family was afraid of her.

Her defense at this point has cost well over a million dollars.

The BMW was in a storage lot somewhere in or near Mesa after she wrecked it. She took the Infiniti back to Yreka with her. On the bank statement that JM used to nail her on her 3rd gas purchase in Salt Lake City it did show a payment for a tire repair/tire shop from somewhere either near or in Sacramento. She gave the Infiniti back to the bank or they repo'd it sometime after that and before she was arrested.

Maybe there was no way that Travis was going to get out of this alive and that Stabby was going to kill him no matter what, but damn.... It certainly becomes a cautionary tale if nothing else.
    I believe that she started plotting to kill TA as she pulled out of Mesa driving that U-Haul.

She was already in a emotional/financial downward spiral when she met TA. She was putting 3k mortgage payments on her credit cards. Darryl wanted to move back to the Monterey area to be closer to his son, and thereby his ex wife. He didn't want any more kids. She was losing her house. Then she meets TA, a young, handsome, successful guy with an active lifestyle. He owned a nice house, a nice car, had lot's of friends, traveled a lot. She must have thought she hit the lotto.

She could picture herself as his wife with all the benefits of his lifestyle. She could quit working shitty jobs for little pay. She wouldn't have to worry about going back to her drab dreary life in Yreka.

Then it all fell apart. The absolute rage she must have felt, at knowing that she wasn't holding the winning lottery ticket, having to sleep on a borrowed futon. Knowing that all of her friends in Mesa and in PPL but one or two were actually TA's friends.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    I've probably said this a million times...but I still hope we'll see a Primal Fear-esque meltdown.
    You missed my.."but, but, but I really wanna see a FREAK OUT' comment. I doubt she will though unless she is provoked in some way as someone else suggested. We may see one at the reading of the verdict though. Jodi is unpredictable!
    Most of us are hoping for a stun belt demonstration

Quote Originally Posted by alyoop View Post
    I just heard defense has filed NEW motion to get this new witness to be able to testify that Travis would NOT have been incapacitated by the bullet...How is it possible for a clinical psychologist to rebut the ME, an MD? How can he expand on what he is brought in to talk about, the BPD? The law confuses me. The defense confuses me. They take 5 days off, overload on TV watching (where every attorney on HLN says, "how could they NOT bring their own ME?") and NOW want to refute ME testimony???? Bizarre
    Sneakerz the Wondersleuth, I am waiting for an update on the hearing today about using the psychologist to opine on brain function after a GSW to the face...specifically how he would be qualified to do that. Still say if they want to go down that road they would need to have a neurologist or neurosurgeon.

Will the hearing have cameras/press present or is it closed-door? Waiting patiently to hear from you...
    No cameras It's in Judge's chambers. The Sate filed this today

4/29/2013 LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001) 4/30/2013
    NOTE: STATE'S SEVENTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES

Don't know if that's for the possible aggravation phase or possible mitigation phase or if it's in response to the defense fuckery filed yesterday

4/27/2013 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 4/29/2013
    NOTE: NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL TESTIMONY RE: SURREBUTTAL WITNESS

Perhaps, you might want to g**gle neuropsychologist? Or traumatic brain injury? There is a big misunderstanding here about which profession is able to discern brain functioning. Its making me crazy! The american board of psychiatry and neurology certify both MD's and PhD's.
    Perhaps Dr Geffner can explain this:

Dr. Geffner states "female abusers compensate for size differential with guns & knives"

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

During the interrogation of jodi's mom, she talks about a discussion she had with Jodi about suicide. She says she told her that she could not bear the thought and that just as Travis' family was distraught over his death they would be hurt also, only more than travis' family! (Paraphrased). She does give a half hearted attempt at correcting it by saying something to the effect of her not knowing how bad their pain was. Who would ever let those words exit their mouth?

Totally agree 100% with this. It reminds me of the 'dead Travis photo trigger' she has going on in court. It's as if every time she seems one of those pics thrown up on the screen she immediately knows its her cue to bury her head and try to get some real water works going. She had no such trigger in the interrogation room. I think she is a "this that" lol. She has a touch of this and a lot of that lol. Like a psychopath she feels basic primitive emotion such as rage, anger, jealousy, hate, and love, just not higher level emotions such as empathy, remorse or guilt. Definitely also signs of anti-social personality disorder and BPD as well.

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide

Jodi thinks, "I want her life, I'm going to take it." But she does not know how to just "be" -- so she molds herself to be someone else.

No way, no how Metis. You're always at the top of my rep list, and your insights help drive this discussion in a productive direction.
    So true. How does a woman allow this to happen? How do you eat an elephant? -- one bite at a time. The first red flags don't always look that way at the time to those women who have been preconditioned for and were not educated about abuse.

You've hit on the important point -- this is a dynamic, an attraction between two types that should not be together. We see it in addiction treatment, where you put a borderline type female in the room with a "white knight" type codependant -- if you leave the room those two will be so magnetically attracted to each other they'll be having sex in no time. Sometimes called a train-wreck relationship -- or my favorite, "alcoholics(personality type) don't have relationships, we take hostages".

It's an immediate immersion relationship that's highly addictive to the borderline's partner -- because when a BPD loves you, they really love & worship & boost you up. Nothing more attractive to a man than a smiling woman who's crazy(no pun intended) about him. So how to avoid these pairings? Don't think you can. But let's realize that the overwhelming majority of BPDs do not have the accompanying sociopathic traits that Jodi has. BPDs typically harm themselves, not others.

My borderline -- so odd to type that -- controlled her household as an adolescent and was intent on getting out of that house as soon as she could. Her (adoptive (yeah, I know, I know)) parents didn't have a chance. Deep down she knew something was off, but she was too afraid to discover what that might be. The fact that she was the most strikingly beautiful redhead I've ever seen anywhere allowed her to attach to men easily, and thus avoid having to address her problems.

It saddens me to think about these broken people. And my heart breaks for the man Travis was and could have become.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    This in one of the red flags I look for. If the person is overly into you and starts talking about marriage a week after having met you, is showering you with compliments, etc. RUN THE OTHER WAY.

It's heady and hard to resist when someone is paying you that much attention, but normal people won't do that. Good relationships grow more gradually.
    I think Stabby's family was afraid of her, her Mom and Dad kind of imply it with out actually saying it.

When Demarte testified about Stabby dying her blond, getting the boob job and then the same kind of car as Darryl's ex wife that was new information. It was very creeepy.

Alyce apparently ignored all of that, despite it showing a pattern.

I went on a blind date with a guy once and we met for dinner. Before we'd even had our entrees he said to me "So now that you're my girlfriend", I made a trip to the Ladies room and arranged an "emergency" phone call. Five minutes after I returned to table the call came and I left. That was my last blind date

My heart also breaks for the man Travis was and could have become, he had overcome so much already.

I spent the last 2 days digging into the scientific literature concerning lying and amnesia in criminal cases. Since people who commit violent crimes lie, I wanted to know what an "expert witness" could know to decide if the perpetrator is lying. I've come to the conclusion that none of the experts did a good job. Demarte did the minimum, the others didn't do anything.

There are a few tests beyond the WRAT which are able to determine whether or not crime-related amnesia is bs or not. Apparently, there is something called a "red out". A "red out" would mean that Jodi experienced rage to such a degree that she developed memory loss of her criminal act(s). The red out idea is well-accepted in the neuropsychological literature and it has been around since 1999.

Over the past two years or so, the idea of a red-out has been called into question. The rationale for questioning a "red-out" validity is a). it only requires extreme emotional arousal and b). it goes against a well-established memory principle that people remember actions better than concepts and c). people remember their own actions better than the actions of others and d). intense emotions enhance rather than erode memory encoding. In addition to these 4 points, it is well accepted that suppression of emotional memory only make that memory hyper-accessible.

A psychologist can screen for malingered amnesia. Malingering in this situation has as its secondary gain the desire to reduce criminal responsibility. To screen and test for malingering a two pronged approach is needed; 1). deliberate cognitive underperformance and 2). symptom exaggeration are evaluated using separate tests.

Deliberate underperformance can be shown by using Amsterdam Short Term Memory test (ASTM) and the Test of Memory Malingering (ToMM; Tombaugh, 1996). To assess symptom exaggeration psychologists can use the Structured Inventory of Malingered Symptomatology (SIMS) and the MMPI-2 validity scales.

Demarte used the WRAT and the MMPI. This says to me, that the defense has blocked any effort to decide if Jodi is lying.
    This says to me, that the defense has blocked any effort to decide if Jodi is lying.
    Because they know. Nurmi knows she forged the pedo letters. They didn't want it in a report or in an experts notes because then they'd have to disclose it to the state.

She copies emotions like she copies her drawings. She can trace them but there's still something not quite right about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseyDawn View Post
    No sawing, just a quick motion. He mentioned that he knew that because there were no “hesitation marks”

Anyone know if today’s hearing will be aired? Or is it closed? Also, what time is it scheduled at? TIA!
    Not being aired, it's in Judge's chambers.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    A sweet little song bird has informed me they have access to Lexis Nexis will do a search on Geffner for us!
    I don't think she showered, not enough time because the room mate was due home any time. I think she used that bloody towel found in the washer to clean off any blood visible to her and possibly changed her clothes. If she had a black top on blood might not be visible,we know she had dark colored pants on. I think she beat feet out of that house as soon as she could . Curious as whether she showed up in Utah wearing braids? She had to have had blood in her hair. There is still some time missing in her story about driving from Mesa to West Jordan where Ryan Burns lived and she could have stopped to shower somewhere.

We'll never know.

Even Matt McCartney, dirt bag though he is, called her Mom and told her that Stabby needed help after he called a hotline and they suggested she might be might be bi-polar based on what he reported. After she moved back to Yreka it doesn't appear that her her family attempted to get her any help. Her sister, Angela, was having problems at time too and ended up in rehab either just before she was arrested or shortly after. Her youngest brother was posting on facebook not long ago that he a prescription for good old medical Mary Jane (weed).

Quite frankly, I think her family was afraid of her.

Her defense at this point has cost well over a million dollars.

The BMW was in a storage lot somewhere in or near Mesa after she wrecked it. She took the Infiniti back to Yreka with her. On the bank statement that JM used to nail her on her 3rd gas purchase in Salt Lake City it did show a payment for a tire repair/tire shop from somewhere either near or in Sacramento. She gave the Infiniti back to the bank or they repo'd it sometime after that and before she was arrested.

I believe that she started plotting to kill TA as she pulled out of Mesa driving that U-Haul.

She was already in a emotional/financial downward spiral when she met TA. She was putting 3k mortgage payments on her credit cards. Darryl wanted to move back to the Monterey area to be closer to his son, and thereby his ex wife. He didn't want any more kids. She was losing her house. Then she meets TA, a young, handsome, successful guy with an active lifestyle. He owned a nice house, a nice car, had lot's of friends, traveled a lot. She must have thought she hit the lotto.

She could picture herself as his wife with all the benefits of his lifestyle. She could quit working shitty jobs for little pay. She wouldn't have to worry about going back to her drab dreary life in Yreka.

Then it all fell apart. The absolute rage she must have felt, at knowing that she wasn't holding the winning lottery ticket, having to sleep on a borrowed futon. Knowing that all of her friends in Mesa and in PPL but one or two were actually TA's friends.

Most of us are hoping for a stun belt demonstration

No cameras It's in Judge's chambers. The Sate filed this today

4/29/2013 LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001) 4/30/2013
    NOTE: STATE'S SEVENTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES

Don't know if that's for the possible aggravation phase or possible mitigation phase or if it's in response to the defense fuckery filed yesterday

4/27/2013 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 4/29/2013
    NOTE: NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL TESTIMONY RE: SURREBUTTAL WITNESS

Perhaps Dr Geffner can explain this:

Dr. Geffner states "female abusers compensate for size differential with guns & knives"

I can't believe this guy is putting it all on the line for Jodi. How would he feel if Jodi was let loose because of him? She's obviously deranged, and I believe she'd do it again. Lets just say she was telling the truth (yes, I realize she is full of it), and she went into a fog, then massacred him, without knowing anything about it. What's to say that she wouldn't go into another 'fog' and killed some more people?
    :o)

Quote Originally Posted by lorizfree View Post
    I can't believe this guy is putting it all on the line for Jodi. How would he feel if Jodi was let loose because of him? She's obviously deranged, and I believe she'd do it again. Lets just say she was telling the truth (yes, I realize she is full of it), and she went into a fog, then massacred him, without knowing anything about it. What's to say that she wouldn't go into another 'fog' and killed some more people?
    I think she was about to slip into another fog right before she was arrested! Dr. Geffner will regret testifying for Jodi. I guess misery loves company and AL and DS will be there for him.

;/
    Last edited by Poppycock; 05-09-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Thread Information