Page 1580 of 1606 FirstFirst ... 580 1080 1480 1530 1570 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1590 ... LastLast
Results 39,476 to 39,500 of 40141

Thread: Jodi Ann Arias shot and stabbed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander to death (Part II)

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Then what does it matter if the juror had a history of DV??? So there's no "witnesses" that DV was an issue, but people also don't think Travis was an Angel... Ok. So that makes it a moot point and I don't see how that makes someone incapable of making a rational decision on a jury.

We can agree that she's nuts and a possible danger to society, but no one is calling for her freedom on the streets. She's going to jail, probably for a really long fucking time. She won't be a potential danger to the masses there. Justice was done, and in the name of this case it was far from a miscarriage.

People are just pissed they won't see this stranger in the chair for their own morbid satisfaction, which is almost as creepy as plotting out someones murder.
    Because in the Lifetime movie is actually called "Dirty little secret" which are words the defense team used. It seems that her having a DV in her past and having seen that movie which brought in things from the first trial and the movie made her biased. The DV alone wouldn't have taken her off the jury but it combined with having seen the movie and bringing up parts of the first trial leave me wondering why the judge didn't remove her.

Ppl with histories of DV would do fine on juries, I have no bias against them, I have it in my own past. I would not be surprised if a defense team or the state didn't choose me because of it though. I can fully admit that it does lead to me having some bias.

There are a lot of people who think Travis was an angel, it kinda boggles my mind. He was just a normal dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Defy Gravity View Post
    Because in the Lifetime movie is actually called "Dirty little secret" which are words the defense team used. It seems that her having a DV in her past and having seen that movie which brought in things from the first trial and the movie made her biased. The DV alone wouldn't have taken her off the jury but it combined with having seen the movie and bringing up parts of the first trial leave me wondering why the judge didn't remove her.

Ppl with histories of DV would do fine on juries, I have no bias against them, I have it in my own past. I would not be surprised if a defense team or the state didn't choose me because of it though. I can fully admit that it does lead to me having some bias.

There are a lot of people who think Travis was an angel, it kinda boggles my mind. He was just a normal dude.
    I don't think you're really getting the point I'm making. None of that matters. A lifetime movie doesn't matter. A person is allowed to not think someone deserves the DP, without being pointed out as biased, just because she saw a movie and didn't vote what all the other jurors did. If you want my real opinion, I think those other 11 jurors were just giving "the people" what they wanted.

Sorry, but anyone who says this was a gross miscarriage of justice is just totally wrong, and really out of touch with the bullshit our justice system HAS pulled.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

With all the secret shit that was happening this go - round, I'm not surprised that things have played out the way they did. I have no confidence in Judge Stephens to do the right thing. Maybe she'll surprise us all but I doubt it. I can really see her justifying (or attempting to) LWP. And then she would retire and go into hiding

I'm just so disappointed in the 2nd hung jury. And knowing just 1 person did that is just infuriating and maddening. Since JA will be getting life, can she still appeal her conviction? I assume she is planning on it.

I'm not surprised at all with everything that happened. It actually doesn't surprise me one bit that it was 11-1.
    All it ever takes is just ONE person. It must take a lot of guts to stand up and vote against 11 others. For the wrong reason or right- I think justice has been served.

One thing I have to say- it shouldn't ever take 6 years to bring justice to a family. This court case was a complete shit show.

I also think the state was stupid to go for this bite. They should have tried a plead years and years ago. JMO. So in a way, I do agree with coconut.

How misleading to say they had a "verdict". Really had my hopes up.

I have so many mixed emotions and thoughts about this.... wow.... I am not surprised by the hung jury, but I think its got to be extra salt in the wounds of many to know the split was 11-1 in favor of DP.

This case has been such a good example of why the country is gradually moving in the direction of no more executions. I think I heard that as of December 2014, $3 million had been spent just on her defense alone! That is a lot of money when you are gambling on 12 people being able to understand not only the facts of the case but then to also agree with each other.

I find myself wondering what this entire case would have looked like with a different judge. It does seem she had a lack of confidence (even though I am no where close to being an expert on how judges in death penalty cases should act).

As for Jodi... I like the idea that she doesn't have guaranteed appeals due to getting the DP, and all the attention she could get by being a victim the way she loves to do. I like the idea of her being gradually forgotten about over the next 10 to 20 years.

Think about someone like Diane Downs - who had a very sensational case - how many people care at all about her now?

Being forgotten is the best punishment Jodi could get. I know she will have friends, etc in prison, but its still in prison.

I will also say that I think the Alexander family should not show up for her sentencing hearing. I'm sure they'll be there, but I think it would be a very nice way to say that they have moved on from JA and no longer care about anything to do with her.

It's been almost two years since I've seen him, but I still love this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmqb...tu.be&t=21m14s

(Sorry, coconut.)

Interview with 11 of the jury members:

http://www.kpho.com/story/28273018/1...like-we-failed

Although JA did not get death - she did not "win" - 11 people wanted to put her to death and saw through most of the defense case.

A lot of people are saying this is a "stealth" juror - but I wonder what everyone would be saying if 11 people voted for no DP and one adamantly refused to agree because he/she wanted DP-

would the masses be calling that one juror a stealth juror then??

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkasaurus View Post
    A lot of people are saying this is a "stealth" juror - but I wonder what everyone would be saying if 11 people voted for no DP and one adamantly refused to agree because he/she wanted DP-

would the masses be calling that one juror a stealth juror then??

I never understand the word stealth to describe a jury member who voted for what they thought was proven/not proven.

Thank god sometimes for those people that do vote against popular opinion.

BTW I'm not saying I would have voted no on Jodi getting death. Personally, I just believe the whole trial became a circus and there was no way 12 people haven't heard some form of this case. That's what happens when you have such a huge trial that's popular in the media and with the public.

full juror comments- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5dnDxWpGT8

(the one above just had clips)

No more media attention for our Jodi:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 16m16 minutes ago
    .@RealSheriffJoe denying all interview requests for #JodiArias. And DOC doesn't allow them. No further camera time for Jodi.

No further camera time for Jodi.
    That's more of a death penalty for her than a lethal injection.

Even better:

March 5, 2015
    Sheriff Arpaio: Denies Jodi Arias Interviews
    “Jodi Arias has been in our jail for seven years. A comprehensive report of the
    history of her behaviors and activities while in our custody is in progress.
    Upon reviewing the report it notes that she craves media attention and
    continues to seek out ways to attract that attention. I will not allow her to play
    that game and will deny any media interviews with her. Arias is a convicted
    killer, and her 15 minutes of fame are over.”
    - Sheriff Joe Arpaio

I'm sorry- I keep getting what I think are the full juror comments, but they are just clips- I HOPE this is the full one - its almost 45 minutes long-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anvp_y811hE&t=1185

Even better:

March 5, 2015
    Sheriff Arpaio: Denies Jodi Arias Interviews
    “Jodi Arias has been in our jail for seven years. A comprehensive report of the
    history of her behaviors and activities while in our custody is in progress.
    Upon reviewing the report it notes that she craves media attention and
    continues to seek out ways to attract that attention. I will not allow her to play
    that game and will deny any media interviews with her. Arias is a convicted
    killer, and her 15 minutes of fame are over.”
    - Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    This is awesome!

I hope she disappears into obscurity. I also thought she would get LWOP although I hoped she got death because that is what Travis's family hoped for.

So happy the Sheriff is shutting down all media for her!

It seems there is a lot more to the story of the one juror holdout, Juror #17. Upon doing a twitter search of Juror#17, it turns out Juan Martinez put away her first husband in 2000 and her current husband is in jail.

Doxing-Rx ‏@DoxingRx ? 6h6 hours ago
    Jan 12, 2000 Pros Juan Martinez sent #Juror17 Husband to prison Link http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...0/m0095185.pdf … and Link https://adconline.azcorrections.gov/...aspx?ID=231464 … #jodiarias

Doxing-Rx ‏@DoxingRx ? 5h5 hours ago
    Jason Suchta is #Juror17 Husband #2. #1 Husband is SANTINO ALEJANDRO = was Prosecuted by Juan Martinez in 2000. BOTH ARE FELONS #JODIARIAS

Jodi Arias' Shank ‏@JodiAriasNeedle ? 9h9 hours ago
    Leave it to the trial super sleuths: #Juror17 states she's against Death Penalty on her FB page.

More interesting tweets:

Court Jester ‏@courtjesterias ? 9h9 hours ago
    @DrDrewHLN how about the secret meeting with JSS and #juror17 with #jodiarias present as reported by @bethkaras in October EXPLAIN!

Tony Silva ‏@silva1982 ? 8h8 hours ago  Orlando, FL
    @Promike7000 not sure. Jurors even requested the judge remove #JodiAriasTrial #Juror17 & she did not. Stealth juror looking 2 cash in IMO

Quote Originally Posted by flightgirl View Post
    I hope she disappears into obscurity. I also thought she would get LWOP although I hoped she got death because that is what Travis's family hoped for.

So happy the Sheriff is shutting down all media for her!

It seems there is a lot more to the story of the one juror holdout, Juror #17. Upon doing a twitter search of Juror#17, it turns out Juan Martinez put away her first husband in 2000 and her current husband is in jail.

Doxing-Rx ‏@DoxingRx ? 6h6 hours ago
    Jan 12, 2000 Pros Juan Martinez sent #Juror17 Husband to prison Link http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...0/m0095185.pdf … and Link https://adconline.azcorrections.gov/...aspx?ID=231464 … #jodiarias

Doxing-Rx ‏@DoxingRx ? 5h5 hours ago
    Jason Suchta is #Juror17 Husband #2. #1 Husband is SANTINO ALEJANDRO = was Prosecuted by Juan Martinez in 2000. BOTH ARE FELONS #JODIARIAS

Jodi Arias' Shank ‏@JodiAriasNeedle ? 9h9 hours ago
    Leave it to the trial super sleuths: #Juror17 states she's against Death Penalty on her FB page.
    Wow. Discretion fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

This Juror #17 thing is going to get messy I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    This Juror #17 thing is going to get messy I hope!

Then we have the release of the names of the other eleven Jurors! Why is that significant? Because the list contained the full names, including the middle names of the Jurors and that particular detail was only on a list restricted to the top six or seven officials of Stevens' Court: according to Troy Hayden of Fox 10 News, Phoenix..

I said it before as a throwaway line. There is something wrong with the culture down there in that Maricopa County Courthouse. Perhaps my impression was not so far off. Looks like they are beginning to eat their young. I could go on but it's Friday evening and I want to have a beer.

As an added detail with uncertain significance, Jennifer Wilmott acknowledged to Hayden that Martinez was indeed the Prosecutor who convicted Juror 17's first husband and sent him off to the hoosegow the day after their wedding. According to Hayden, Jennifer Wilmott said, "It was up to Martinez to find that out for himself." I'm not sure if Wilmott, herself, acknowledged knowing about that particular history at the time of Jury selection. Something to check!
    Last edited by Ian 1; 03-06-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    "Of all the emotions, the most dangerous emotion is love." P.D James
    "Do you not realize, my son, with how little wisdom this world is run?" Baron von Oxenstiema"

So the juror pulled this shit because she had a personal vendetta against Juan Martinez?

I need Miller or someone who knows criminal justice better than I. Can you agree to sit on a panel for a death penalty qualified case when you are against the death penalty?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian 1 View Post
    As an added detail with uncertain significance, Jennifer Wilmott acknowledged to Hayden that Martinez was indeed the Prosecutor who convicted Juror 17's first husband and sent him off to the hoosegow the day after their wedding. According to Hayden, Jennifer Wilmott said, "It was up to Martinez to find that out for himself." I'm not sure if Wilmott, herself, acknowledged knowing about that particular history at the time of Jury selection. Something to check!
    Anytime I've been involved with jury selection they ask prospective jurors "do you know the defendant, any or the lawyers, the judge..." It's on the juror to disclose.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information