Thread: Mobile version clicks you into member profiles A LOT

Mobile version clicks you into member profiles A LOT

Is there anything you guys could do to stop this happening? When you scroll on such a small screen, it's too easy to hit the member names above posts as they roll past. So you constantly end up viewing member profiles - which probably starts to look kind of creepy. It definitely feels creepy. & then you have to mess around getting back out. Which is mildly annoying.

It's definitely not a huge deal, but is it possible to change it to maybe double-clicking member names before you can access a profile? Or is there some other way of confirming you actually want to look at it? If it would be a huge drama to change it, feel free to completely ignore this & I will continue my (accidental) profile stalking.

not really. the forum is a product that we buy. we can make some tweaks to it, but it is what it is.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Is there anything you guys could do to stop this happening? When you scroll on such a small screen, it's too easy to hit the member names above posts as they roll past. So you constantly end up viewing member profiles - which probably starts to look kind of creepy. It definitely feels creepy. & then you have to mess around getting back out. Which is mildly annoying.

It's definitely not a huge deal, but is it possible to change it to maybe double-clicking member names before you can access a profile? Or is there some other way of confirming you actually want to look at it? If it would be a huge drama to change it, feel free to completely ignore this & I will continue my (accidental) profile stalking.
    Excuses, excuses, ya stalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Hah, only just noticed these. Now that I've got a tablet with the "request desktop site" option I'm seeing a whole new mds! Reps & vistor msgs were things I'd never seen. So now I get the point of visiting - & I discovered you have to click the member name first & then the "view profile" button on the desktop site, so problem fixed. That's pretty much what I was hoping for & it was there all along.

All it took was my shitty phone getting a virus & forcing me to get the world's smallest tablet (last wk my taxi driver thought it was a special over-sized phone for the sight-impaired). But thanx for answering guys, sorry it took me months to notice, I got kind of caught up in how different mds is if you're not confined solely to mobile. The only downside is I can't use accidental stalking as an excuse anymore. Damn.

Thread Information