Thread: Hailey Dunn (13) was found dead more than two years after being reported missing

Hailey Dunn (13) was found dead more than two years after being reported missing

A body was found in Scurry County, TX, where suspect Shawn Adkins told LE the body would be found.

http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebs...d&ord=0&ct=AR&

When Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn went missing in late 2010, her mother defended live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins, claiming she didn?t believe he had anything to do with her daughter?s disappearance.

Now, Billie Dunn isn?t so sure.

"I think it's a possibility, a good possibility (Adkins was involved), after seeing the way he reacted when we broke up ? and (when) I think back to what local law enforcement had told me and been trying to tell me. I just thought it wasn't true,? Billie Dunn told KTXS in an exclusive interview Wednesday.

Adkins is the only ?person of interest? named in Hailey Dunn?s disappearance. Adkins has repeatedly said he had no involvement in the missing person case. Efforts to reach Adkins for comment have been unsuccessful.

Billie Dunn returned to the Big Country this week after skeletal remains were found in a field near Lake J.B. Thomas, about 20 miles from where Hailey Dunn was last seen. Law enforcement continue to try to determine the identity of the remains.

Noting her relationship with Adkins ended a while ago, Billie Dunn said she no longer talks to Adkins or trusts him.

"We have no contact whatsoever and haven't in a long time ? and I don't want any contact with him,? she said. ?When I finally did get him to move out, he started harassing me badly. I saw another side of Shawn. He harassed me day-in and day-out, at work, at home?.cussing me, threatening me.?

And contrary to what some people think, that she was clearly aware of Adkins? involvement in her daughter?s disappearance, Billie Dunn said she hasn?t covered for Adkins.

?As much as we say we hate each other ? and I try not to say hate cause it's such a strong word ? but I hate the guy, and people are still saying maybe he did something and I knew about it. I think it's ridiculous. I?ve got such bigger things going on with my daughter missing,? she said.

Copyright 2013 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Senior Member Sneakers the Wonder Dog's Avatar
    If I told you then I'd have to find a new place to hide
    Billie turning on her lover must mean she thinks it's Hailey. Trying to get out in front so she can avoid being charged or turn state's witness?

What a piece of work.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic83661_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers the Wonder Dog View Post
    Billie turning on her lover must mean she thinks it's Hailey. Trying to get out in front so she can avoid being charged or turn state's witness?

What a piece of work.
    Absolutely! BJD needs to distance herself from the body. They are going to turn on each other.

I will be adding more as soon as I confirm I did this thread correctly.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebs...D&ord=9&ct=AR&

By KEVIN DOLAK (@kdolak) and COLLEEN CURRY

March 21, 2012

Human remains found in Texas have raised the possibility that the body of missing teenager Hailey Dunn will be located in a pasture just one mile from the home of a person of interest in her disappearance.

Dunn, 13, disappeared more than a year ago from her home in Colorado City, Texas, and the investigation into her disappearance quickly turned to her mother, Billie Jean Dunn, and her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins.

Police in Big Spring,Texas, announced Tuesday that they had discovered human remains in an airfield less than one mile from the home of Adkin's mother. Police said the remains appeared to have been there for "a long period of time," according to the San Angelo Standard Times.

The location of the remains renewed focus on Adkins, who during the police investigation failed to complete three lie detector tests and gave contradictory statements to police about the events leading up to Dunn's disappearance. Adkins told police he went directly from his job, in Snyder, Texas, to his mother's home in Big Spring on Monday morning, Dec. 27, around 6 a.m. He told police he was fired from his job, and then later told them he had quit. His employers denied both claims.

Person of Interest in Hailey Dunn Case Watch Video

Phone records, however, showed that Adkins had gone from his workplace to Colorado City, where the Dunns lived, shortly after 6 a.m. on Monday. According to the affidavit, Hailey Dunn would have been the only person at home in Colorado City during the time that Adkins was also in Colorado City.

Adkins, then 25, returned to his mother's home by around 9 a.m., according to the phone records, and made 11 phone calls between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. that day. Hailey's mother, Billie Jean, reported her daughter missing around 2 p.m. that day.

Adkins was the last person to see the 13-year-old cheerleader Dec. 27, 2010.

According to the affidavit, Adkins also told a witness during the investigation that killing a young girl was like "killing a deer," which the witness described as an Adkins hobby.

Adkins and Billie Jean Dunn were also found to be in possession of dozens of printed-out news reports and documents about serial killers, murderers, sexual sadists, motives for major crimes, and similar material, according to the affidavit.

Billie Jean Dunn admitted that on the night of her daughter's disappearance, she and her boyfriend had taken $140 out of an ATM machine in order to buy illegal narcotics that night. Billie Jean also failed two polygraph exams, once because of narcotic use and once because of deceptive answers, according to the document.

Police in Colorado City said that they would only become involved in the case of the remains if they were identified as belonging to Dunn.

No official connection has been made between the remains found Tuesday and Hailey Dunn. The FBI confirmed today that an evidence recovery team was assisting Big Spring police in recovering the evidence.

Hailey Dunn Missing: Possible Remains of Texas Teen Cheerleader Found

There are also claims that the couple had a New Year's party, just days after the 13-year-old girl disappeared, according to the affidavit.

Dunn denied that, telling the Associated Press that just a few friends came over for drinks.

Dunn told the Associated Press that she had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance. She said that she asked Adkins to move out Jan. 5.

Records show that police were called to Dunn's home in February 2010 after Adkins threatened to hurt Billie and Hailey Dunn.

The video has a lot of background information that led LE to name Shawn Adkins a suspect.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/Mother-of-m...z/-/index.html

We are now hearing from the woman who may be most affected by the recent discovery of a body in Scurry County: Billie Dunn.

Her daughter – missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn –has been missing for more than two years.

She got word from an FBI agent Sunday that a body had been found not far from where Hailey went missing.

She talked only to KTXS anchor Braid Blanks about how she feels as she waits for news that will either give her hope or closure.

"I still have really bad days. It's been two years and it never gets easy. Some days it's easier to pretend it's not going on,” Billie Dunn said.

Dec. 27, 2010, was the last time she saw her then 13-year-old daughter.

She said she told Hailey “it was time to sit down and eat Christmas dinner. She likes to eat like any country girl does ... and then I saw her the next morning in her bed,” Billie Dunn said.

Fast forward to March 18, 2013, when the remains were found at Lake J.B. Thomas, and she is still waiting. The lake is roughly 20 miles from the last place her daughter was seen.

"I can't quit thinking about it and wondering, ‘What if it is her?’ It's been really tough. It's been a few days now. I don't know when it’s going to end and when I’m going to get some answers. I was kind of expecting an answer from dental records yesterday, but if they're not able to use the dental records because Hailey only had one picture, one view, we'll be waiting for two to three weeks,” Billie Dunn said.

She said it has been “utter chaos. It’s just been a mess knowing my daughter’s not here.”

“There's so much I’m missing out on. I see people in the stores all the time, moms and daughters… and the daughter’s throwing a fit because she's not getting what she wants. That should be me and my daughter arguing over what shoes she’s going to get or what car I’m going to buy her … I’m missing out on so much,” Dunn said.

Numerous questions surround the little girl’s disappearance. What happened to the vibrant cheerleader who would now be 15?

Shawn Adkins, Billie Dunn’s former live-in boyfriend, is the only “person of interest” named in Hailey Dunn’s disappearance.

When her daughter disappeared, Billie Dunn defended Adkins, but now she says their relationship ended a while ago and that she no longer talks to or trusts him.

"We have no contact whatsoever and haven't in a long time – and I don't want any contact with him. When I finally did get him to move out, he started harassing me badly. I saw another side of Shawn. He harassed me day-in and day-out, at work, at home….cussing me, threatening me,” Billie Dunn said.

She said Adkins’ sudden aggressive and angry behavior has made her rethink the possibility that he could be responsible for Hailey’s disappearance.

"I think it's a possibility, a good possibility, after seeing the way he reacted when we broke up – and I think back to what local law enforcement had told me and been trying to tell me. I just thought it wasn't true,” Billie Dunn said.

She said people who allege she is aware Adkins did something to her daughter and has been covering for him.

“As much as we say we hate each other – and I try not to say hate cause it's such a strong word – but I hate the guy, and people are still saying maybe he did something and I knew about it. I think it's ridiculous. I’ve got such bigger things going on with my daughter missing,” she said.

Others have wondered why she moved away from Colorado City and if it meant that she had given up hope of finding her daughter.

She said she has never stopped looking and still is in close contact with authorities and some search groups.

According to Billie Dunn, she went to Austin because she had to go back to work and that driving by her Colorado City home was too much to take at times.

But behind all the speculation and questions, a young girl remains missing.

Billie Dunn said she still hopes and dreams of finding her little girl so she could tell her: “How much I love her and want her home so bad… how beautiful she is and how happy I am to see her. I would never let her go."

For now, Billie Dunn said she and her 18-year-old son David will return to Austin until the body is identified.

I'm curious what others think about Billie's interview. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Lady View Post
    Absolutely! BJD needs to distance herself from the body. They are going to turn on each other.

I will be adding more as soon as I confirm I did this thread correctly.
    UGH! What a bitch.

Officials confirm remains found of missing Colorado City girl

http://m.oaoa.com/news/crime_justice...9bb30f31a.html

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Investigator Kelsey Rivera and Lt. John Bivins have been on the the case since day one.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...eerleader?lite

Body is that of missing Texas cheerleader

Clint Dunn / AP File
    Thirteen-year-old Hailey Dunn (left) poses for a photo with her mother Billie Jean Dunn and her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins on Dec. 25, 2010, in Colorado City, Texas. Authorities in West Texas on Friday confirmed the remains found in a remote part of Scurry County in March are those of Hailey Dunn, who has been missing for more than two years.

By The Associated Press
    SNYDER, Texas — Remains found in a remote West Texas location last month are those of a 13-year-old middle school cheerleader missing since December 2010, authorities announced Friday.

Follow @NBCNewsUS
    Hailey Darlene Dunn's remains were found near Lake J.B. Thomas in Scurry County on March 16, more than two years after her mother reported her missing.
    The girl's disappearance and the cause of her death remain under investigation, Scurry County Sheriff Trey Wilson said at a news conference Friday. The Scurry County District Attorney's Office received written confirmation of the identity of the remains on Friday, he said.
    Texas Rangers informed the girl's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, on Friday afternoon at her Austin home, said her attorney, John Young. Dunn will be driving to West Texas to arrange her daughter's funeral, he said.
    Advertise | AdChoices

The body was found about 20 miles northwest of the girl's hometown of Colorado City. The girl had been the subject of months of intensive searches in and around Colorado City and surrounding fields and landfills after her mother reported her missing on Dec. 28, 2010. More than 100 billboards featuring her picture and information about the case were set up along interstates in Texas and other states.
    The mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, has said he last saw Hailey a day before she was reported missing. He said the girl told him she was going to her father's home nearby and then on to spend the night at a friend's home. She did neither.
    Authorities had named Adkins as a person of interest in the girl's disappearance, but he was never charged. At one point, authorities accused the girl's mother of lying about the whereabouts of Adkins, who was found at her home. Billie Dunn pleaded no contest in June 2011 to making a false report to law enforcement and received a suspended 90-day jail term with probation.
    The mother and Adkins have denied involvement in Hailey's disappearance.
    Hailey's paternal grandfather, Bill Dunn, died in 2011, six months after the girl went missing. His widow, Spicy Dunn of Ponca City, Okla., said her husband spent much of the last months of his life trying to learn what became of his granddaughter.
    "He was very, very hurt, and was on the computer all the time looking and trying to find anything that had to do with Hailey," she said Friday. "Anything."
    She said family members made a point not to change their phone numbers so that law enforcement officials could reach them in case of any developments, even years later.
    "It is a relief to know that she's at peace," Spicy Dunn said. "She doesn't have any more suffering."
    She later added, "I hope the family comes to a closure. I know it's very hard."
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Awful But I'm glad she's been found.

Hoping the person or persons responsible for her death are brought to justice soon! RIP Hailey!

It's touching to see how the investigating team cared about her so much. This darling girl may be gone, but justice will be done if this team gets their way.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

mom looks like sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

mom looks like sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins arrested, jailed in connection with Hailey Dunn killing

BIG SPRING – A jailer at the Howard County Jail on Monday afternoon confirmed that Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of the mother of murdered teenager Hailey Dunn, has been arrested on a charge of her murder and had been jailed.

Bond is $2 million, the jailer confirmed. Early Monday evening, Adkins had been released to another agency, according to the Howard County Jail website. Tuesday morning he was being housed in the Mitchell County Jail.

Adkins was living in Big Spring at the time of his arrest, the jailer said.

Adkins was arrested by the Texas Rangers on a warrant issued out of Nolan County, according to a post Monday night post on the Howard County Jail Facebook page.

Dunn, then 13, vanished in late December 2010 in Colorado City in Mitchell County. She was last seen Dec. 27, 2010, and reported missing by her mother, Billie Jean Dunn, the next day.

Her disappearance became a missing person case in January 2011, according to Reporter-News archives.

Her remains were found in March 2013 near Lake J.B. Thomas in Scurry County.

Erica Morse, a private investigator who has worked for years with Hailey Dunn's father, Clint Dunn, separately confirmed the arrest Monday afternoon.

“This is not a surprise,” she said. “Mr. Dunn and I had a meeting with the Mitchell County district attorney about 30 days ago. During that meeting, we were assured that during the month of June, Hailey’s killer would be arrested.”

Morse said that when she contacted Dunn on Monday to tell him about the arrest, his first words were, “I had a feeling it was going to be today.”

“Everyone will learn this moving forward: Clint’s intuition … was the driving force in this case,” she said. “And he is a template for every parent who wants to find justice for their child.”

Morse said she planned to release a statement on Clint Dunn’s behalf.
    https://www.reporternews.com/story/n...er/7694422002/

Wow, that sure took a long time!

wtf why did it take so long?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ens-death.html

Mother's ex-boyfriend, 36, indicted in death of her 13-year-old West Texas daughter - Eleven years after the teen disappeared

Shawn Casey Adkins, 36, was charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence in connection to the death of Hailey Dunn
    Hailey went missing from her mother's home in Colorado City, Texas, on December 27, 2010. Adkins quickly became a person of interest
    The couple failed polygraph tests, and after Dunn admitted to police she had lied about Adkin's whereabouts , she was given one year of probation
    Texas Rangers arrested Shawn Casey Adkins in June last year. Since then, he has been in Mitchell County Detention Center since, with bond totaling $1.25 million
    Dunn, who moved to Austin with Adkins in the aftermath of Hailey's death but has since broken up the relationship, said she was 'elated' by news of his arrest
    Adkins is being accused of causing Hailey's death after striking her in the head with an unknown object

More than a decade after a 13-year-old West Texas girl was killed, her mother's live-in boyfriend has been indicted with the teen's murder.

Shawn Casey Adkins, 36, was charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence in connection to the death of Hailey Dunn, the daughter of his ex-girlfriend Billie Dunn.

Hailey went missing in Colorado City, Texas, on December 27, 2010. Her body was found on March 16, 2013, near Lake JB Thomas, about 30 miles from her home.

Adkins quickly became a person of interest after child pornography and documents about serial killers and sexual sadists were found in the home he shared with Hailey and her mom.

Hailey's mother called these papers a 'hobby', according to police.

However, the case remained unsolved for a decade despite both Dunn and Adkins failing polygraph tests. Dunn was given one year probation after admitting to police she had lied about Adkins' whereabouts on the night Hailey disappeared.

Adkins remained free for a decade until DNA evidence finally landed him in jail last June. On Dec. 30, a grand jury indicted him for murder and tampering with evidence. He remains at Mitchell County Detention Center on $1.25 million bail.

The indictment alleges that Adkins killed the girl by hitting her in the head with an unknown object.

Dunn, who moved to Austin with Adkins in the aftermath of Hailey's death before eventually ending the relationship, said she was 'elated' when she found out he had been arrested.

'I'm so relieved that it's finally happened,' she told local news station KTAB in 2021.

'I'm not really shocked that it was Shawn. Of course you would've hoped it wasn't him because I stayed with him after she left, after Hailey went missing. But I'm not surprised, and I thank God that that person has been apprehended and is going to pay for what he did here on Earth.'

Hailey, a student and cheerleader at Colorado City Middle School, was believed to be spending the night at a friend's home but was reported missing the next day on December 27, 2010, when she did not return home.

Authorities have said Adkins was the last to see her before she disappeared.

Adkins told The Associated Press shortly after the girl vanished that he was not involved and that he was praying for her safe return.

A 2010 affidavit revealed Adkins and Dunn were fixated on slasher movies and serial killers.

One of Hailey's uncles told police after the girl disappeared that he asked Adkins how anyone could hurt a teenager.

Adkins reportedly responded: 'It's like killing a deer.'

Since the beginning of the investigation, authorities noted several inconsistencies in Adkins' and Dunn's stories.

Dunn took two polygraph tests. The first was invalidated because she was believed to be under the influence of drugs. She walked out of the room after failing the second test, police said.

Adkins volunteered for three tests. He walked out of the first two, and is claimed to have failed part of a third.

He also said the girl could be found in Scurry County, Texas, the same location where the couple withdrew money from an ATM on the night Hailey disappeared, police said in 2011.

Dunn told investigators that the money was intended for drugs, according to the affidavit.

In March 2011, Dunn reportedly admitted to police she had lied to them about Adkins' whereabout on the night that Hailey disappeared.

District Attorney Richard Thompson said in a statement after Adkins' arrest in June, that it was the result of a 'multi-county and multi-agency effort.'

Adkins' arrest was met with shock by some in Colorado City, a 4,500-resident town 40 miles west of Big Spring where he was taken into custody.

'The shock of him being arrested was my shock too because I wasn't aware of any of it,' said Police Chief Charles Rice.

Rice said that by the time he came to the department the case had been handed off to the Texas Rangers and the FBI.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ens-death.html

Mother's ex-boyfriend, 36, indicted in death of her 13-year-old West Texas daughter - Eleven years after the teen disappeared

Shawn Casey Adkins, 36, was charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence in connection to the death of Hailey Dunn
    Hailey went missing from her mother's home in Colorado City, Texas, on December 27, 2010. Adkins quickly became a person of interest
    The couple failed polygraph tests, and after Dunn admitted to police she had lied about Adkin's whereabouts , she was given one year of probation
    Texas Rangers arrested Shawn Casey Adkins in June last year. Since then, he has been in Mitchell County Detention Center since, with bond totaling $1.25 million
    Dunn, who moved to Austin with Adkins in the aftermath of Hailey's death but has since broken up the relationship, said she was 'elated' by news of his arrest
    Adkins is being accused of causing Hailey's death after striking her in the head with an unknown object

More than a decade after a 13-year-old West Texas girl was killed, her mother's live-in boyfriend has been indicted with the teen's murder.

Shawn Casey Adkins, 36, was charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence in connection to the death of Hailey Dunn, the daughter of his ex-girlfriend Billie Dunn.

Hailey went missing in Colorado City, Texas, on December 27, 2010. Her body was found on March 16, 2013, near Lake JB Thomas, about 30 miles from her home.

Adkins quickly became a person of interest after child pornography and documents about serial killers and sexual sadists were found in the home he shared with Hailey and her mom.

Hailey's mother called these papers a 'hobby', according to police.

However, the case remained unsolved for a decade despite both Dunn and Adkins failing polygraph tests. Dunn was given one year probation after admitting to police she had lied about Adkins' whereabouts on the night Hailey disappeared.

Adkins remained free for a decade until DNA evidence finally landed him in jail last June. On Dec. 30, a grand jury indicted him for murder and tampering with evidence. He remains at Mitchell County Detention Center on $1.25 million bail.

The indictment alleges that Adkins killed the girl by hitting her in the head with an unknown object.

Dunn, who moved to Austin with Adkins in the aftermath of Hailey's death before eventually ending the relationship, said she was 'elated' when she found out he had been arrested.

'I'm so relieved that it's finally happened,' she told local news station KTAB in 2021.

'I'm not really shocked that it was Shawn. Of course you would've hoped it wasn't him because I stayed with him after she left, after Hailey went missing. But I'm not surprised, and I thank God that that person has been apprehended and is going to pay for what he did here on Earth.'

Hailey, a student and cheerleader at Colorado City Middle School, was believed to be spending the night at a friend's home but was reported missing the next day on December 27, 2010, when she did not return home.

Authorities have said Adkins was the last to see her before she disappeared.

Adkins told The Associated Press shortly after the girl vanished that he was not involved and that he was praying for her safe return.

A 2010 affidavit revealed Adkins and Dunn were fixated on slasher movies and serial killers.

One of Hailey's uncles told police after the girl disappeared that he asked Adkins how anyone could hurt a teenager.

Adkins reportedly responded: 'It's like killing a deer.'

Since the beginning of the investigation, authorities noted several inconsistencies in Adkins' and Dunn's stories.

Dunn took two polygraph tests. The first was invalidated because she was believed to be under the influence of drugs. She walked out of the room after failing the second test, police said.

Adkins volunteered for three tests. He walked out of the first two, and is claimed to have failed part of a third.

He also said the girl could be found in Scurry County, Texas, the same location where the couple withdrew money from an ATM on the night Hailey disappeared, police said in 2011.

Dunn told investigators that the money was intended for drugs, according to the affidavit.

In March 2011, Dunn reportedly admitted to police she had lied to them about Adkins' whereabout on the night that Hailey disappeared.

District Attorney Richard Thompson said in a statement after Adkins' arrest in June, that it was the result of a 'multi-county and multi-agency effort.'

Adkins' arrest was met with shock by some in Colorado City, a 4,500-resident town 40 miles west of Big Spring where he was taken into custody.

'The shock of him being arrested was my shock too because I wasn't aware of any of it,' said Police Chief Charles Rice.

Rice said that by the time he came to the department the case had been handed off to the Texas Rangers and the FBI.

The killer was released from prison

https://www.kcbd.com/2023/06/27/kcbd...reLYQLxrc2zfvw

MITCHELL COUNTY, Texas (KCBD) - A man charged with murdering a teenage girl and hiding her body is once again a free man.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 06-29-2023 at 07:10 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/murder...tory-failures/

Sounds like the main issues are that other possible suspects were not cleared in a purely circumstancial case, and cell phone evidence gives him a two hour window to commit the murder and clean up all the evidence, not impossible but improbable. This means with what they have now they'd be able to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt of his guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The killer was released from prison

https://www.kcbd.com/2023/06/27/kcbd...reLYQLxrc2zfvw
    Just wow. This is back in the area I used to live. There is no doubt in my mind he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcastle View Post
    https://lawandcrime.com/crime/murder...tory-failures/

Sounds like the main issues are that other possible suspects were not cleared in a purely circumstancial case, and cell phone evidence gives him a two hour window to commit the murder and clean up all the evidence, not impossible but improbable. This means with what they have now they'd be able to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt of his guilt.
    From your link
    The Forensic Anthropology Report Hailey Dunn's remains were recovered in March 2013 and sent to the UniversityofNorth Texas, where they were analyzed by a forensic anthropologist. The forensic anthropologist observed blunt force injuries to Hailey Dunn's skull and determined that the injuries were perimortem, meaning that they were inflicted at or near the time of death. These injuries are catastrophic and likely would have resulted in significant bleeding. While multiple searches of the house were conducted by law enforcement, the State of Texas is not aware of any forensic testing that was done in the house in the immediate aftermath of Hailey’ disappearance on December 27, 2010. In addition, multiple searches of the vehicle at issue in thiscase, as well as the location of Hailey Dunn's remains, were conducted by law enforcement. As a resultofthose searches some evidence was collected that was never forensically tested. Before this case proceeds to trial, that evidence should be thoroughly tested to determine if it has any probative value.
    Thats just unacceptable. This poor girl isnt going to get justice. WHY WOULD THEY NOT TEST EVIDENCE THAT WAS COLLECTED? Sorry but this just makes me mad.

Thread Information