Birth: Jul. 11, 1991
    Alexandria
    Rapides Parish
    Louisiana, USA
    Death: Jul. 1, 2012
    Alexandria
    Rapides Parish
    Louisiana, USA

Funeral services for Austin Cole Allen will be held at 10:00 am Thursday, July 5, 2012 at Pritchard Baptist Church with Rev. Terry Doughty and Ben Reid, Jr. officiating. Interment will follow in the Nebo Cemetery under the direction of Hixson Brothers Funeral Home of Jena, La. Friends may call at the church Wednesday, July 4, 2012 starting at 10:00am.

Austin, 20, entered eternal rest on Saturday, July 1, 2012 at Rapides Regional Medical Center in Alexandria, La. He was born July 11, 1991 in Alexandria, LA to the union of his parents, Raymond and Barbara Jean Sharp Allen. He was employed by H & P Drilling Co. as a derrick hand.

He was preceded in death by his paternal grandmother, Tommie Elizabeth Allen and uncle, Clifford William Sharp, Jr.

Those left to cherish his memory include his parents, sister, Morgan LaRae Allen; brother, William Chet Allen; Paternal grandparents, Wayne, Sr. and Vickie Allen; Maternal grandparents, Clifford and Mavis Sharp and a host of aunts and uncles.

Pallbearers will be Ryan Nix, Ethan Whatley, Jacob Tolar, Carl Smith III, Larry Courtney, Marcus Coleman, Curt Ainsworth, Seth Townsend, Travis Bourn and Justin Edwards.

Honorary pallbearers will be Weston Francis, Justin Wayne Allen III, Joshua Wade Allen, Tommy Cole Allen, John Riley Sharp, Robert Wesley Sharp, Matthew A. Windham, Jesse Windham, T.J. McPherson, Benjie McPherson, Archie Morris, James Edwards and Anthony Sharp.

You may send online condolences to the Allen family at www.hixsonbrothers.com

Burial:
    Nebo Cemetery
    Nebo
    La Salle Parish
    Louisiana, USA

Created by: debmcdaniel
    Record added: Jul 04, 2012
    Find A Grave Memorial# 93073803
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...073803&df=all&
    https://www.facebook.com/austin.allen.31542

It seems he was in an ATV accident...

07-01-2012, 02:34 PM #1
    joemel
    Rollin' Deep

R.I.P. Austin Allen
    Got some bad news this morning that a family friend of mine passed away last night. From what I understand is he was on his commander and came up on a T in the road out on the hunting club and wasnt expecting it and flipped several times. He didnt make it and the girl with him broke her leg.My sister or brother may add to the details on here later.

07-01-2012, 04:59 PM #5
    joemel
    Rollin' Deep

Thanks everyone and this happened rite outside Jena,La if anyone was wondering.
    07-01-2012, 08:47 PM #7
    AEdwards

It was a terrible thing that happened so fast, we had been riding for about 4-5 hours and were leaving to go load the wheelers up when he wrecked. He was on his brand new yellow commander 1000, he was a great person and would do anything for anybody. Actually rite b4 he left he was working on mine helping me fix it.. EVERYONE PLEASE BE SAFE WHILE RIDING, you never know what's right out of your headlights, to Austin it was a road & he couldn't make the turn but you never know use precaution and let this be a lesson!
    http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/14...tin-allen.html

The following article's badly written but it corroborates this...

4B THE JENA TIMES Olla-Tullos-Urania Signal
    WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2012
    Obituaries

Austin Allen

Austin Allen, 20, son of Raymond and Barbara Allen of the Nebo Community, died late Saturday night from injuries he received in an ATV accident in the Big Bend area of LaSalle Parish.

The accident occurred around 10:30 p.m. Saturday night and deputies from the LaSalle Parish Sheriff's Office was dispatched to the scene.

Allen was rushed to Rapides Regional Medical Center in Alexandria where he died from injuries he received in the accident. No other details of the accident were available at press time late Sunday.

His body was sent to Lafayette for an autopsy.

Funeral arrangements were incomplete at press time but will be announced by Hixson Brothers Funeral Home of Jena.
    http://jen.stparchive.com/Archive/JE...7042012p12.php

Also, I had to copy this article out myself, so if anyone knows how to take articles straight from these types of pages, please let me know, thank you.

Thread Information