Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Crawford missing from WV since June 2011 - Presumed Dead

Jeffrey Crawford missing from WV since June 2011 - Presumed Dead

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MissingInWV?filter=2

http://www.helpfindjeffcrawford.com/

Gone without a trace -- a man believed to be the victim of foul play is now considered the cause of it.

Jeffrey Crawford, his wife Ashley and her cousin Tonda, went missing from Mason County in June. Six weeks later, the women were found dead. Now, Jeffrey Crawford is wanted in their murders.

Police have no evidence that Jeffrey Crawford is even alive. But, they have nothing that shows he's dead either. What they do have is a witness who is very clear about what was seen, making Jeff a wanted man in more ways than one.

"Yesterday, December 6, we obtained arrest warrants for Jeff Crawford for the murders of Tonda Nelson and Ashley Crawford," West Virginia State Police Trooper S.C. Allen said.

That news came six months after the three first disappeared. They were last seen at Jeff and Ashley's home on Jeffer's Ridge in Mason County. But, all police found was the charred remains of their trailer -- the apparent result of arson.

Clues were scarce, and we spoke to Jeff Crawford's mother back then. She was certain something terrible had happened to her son.

"He would have called me," Shela Crawford said. "He tells everyone I'm his best friend. He would have called me."

Then, six weeks later, Ashley and Tonda's bodies were discovered in a shallow grave not far from the Crawfords' home. But, Jeff was still missing. Now police say an eyewitness places Jeff at the scene of the crime -- not as a victim.

"They witnessed Jeff Crawford and a person or persons murder Ashley and Tonda," Allen said.

Now, police are aggressively searching for Jeff, but so is Jeff's family. We caught up with them this weekend at an event to raise money to assist in the search for him. This was before they found out he was wanted for murder.

"All we want to do is find his body," his brother, Brent Matthews, said. "It's a horrible thing that's happened. I was really close to him, and it's tough."

State police say they've received very little help from the public in this case. If you have any information that could lead to Jeff Crawford, you're asked to all the state police Mason County detachment at 304-675-0850 .

We also learned Wednesday that Ashley and Tonda both died from blows to the head, but police refused to comment further from there.

The family said Saturday during the fundraiser that if Jeff was never found, then the leftover money would go to fund searches for other missing people. Presumably, now that Jeff Crawford is considered a murder suspect, the same would hold true for any funds raised for the search efforts.

wwwDOTwsazDOTcom/news/headlines/C...124442839.html <--- DEAD LINK

As the above news article states, Jeff is wanted in connection for the murders of his wife and her cousin. HE IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY - please consider that fact as you post in this thread.

The thread about his wife and her cousin can be found here: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...r-trailer-fire
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 02-16-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

On Wednesday, troopers charge Jeff Crawford with murder, in connection to the deaths of Crawford's wife, Ashley Baird, and their cousin, Tonda Nelson.

Crawford's aunt and mother met with reporter Kelly Brennan, and his aunt spoke on behalf of the family sharing their reaction to the murder charges against Crawford.

"We know it's not possible. We knew in our hearts from day one that whatever happened to Ashley and Tonda happened to Jeff as well. There's not a doubt in our minds that he would've contacted our family?it's been six months now. Even if it was just to say ?we got in trouble that night, something terrible happened, I need help, I need an attorney,' he knows we would be there to help. That's not happened," said Karla Martin.

Martin said there has been no cell phone activity, no bank activity and no activity surrounding unemployment checks.

West Virginia State Police cannot report if Crawford is dead or alive. While the family feels he is deceased, troopers say they haven't had any sightings. But they have to work this case as if Jeff is alive. "We've gathered no information in our investigation to say Jeff Crawford is deceased," said Trooper S.C. Allen.

The investigation has gathered evidence since the trio went missing in June, but they also have an eye witness who claims he/she witnessed Crawford murder Nelson and Baird. Trooper Allen said the eyewitness came forward on July 28, one day after the bodies were identified.

The bodies of Baird and Nelson were found in a shallow grave off Duncan Creek in Gallipolis Ferry. Trooper Allen said both girls were killed by a wound to the head, but would not give further information.

Despite the report, Crawford's family has a difficult time trusting an eye witness. "He (Jeff) had tattoo guns that came up missing. He could've taken those. If you're gonna kill and know you're gonna be on the run you're going to take what means you have to make money and that was he means to make money. And those tattoo guns turned up in somebody else's possession? we know Jeff is dead as well. Whatever happened, they don't want Jeff's body found," said Martin.

The Crawford family has been raising funds for months to generate a reward fund. On Monday, the family announced the fund was at $10,000. "The money is just for someone to come to the family, to tell us where Jeff is, and the money is theres," said Martin. "The fund was created to help us find Jeff."

Crawford and Baird were not married long before they went missing, but Martin said the two had been together for awhile. She said he "worshipped the ground she (Ashley) walked on" and would never hurt her.

"We suspect and have suspected all along that there was drug involvement and we suspected they were all 3 killed over drugs?there's so many unanswered questions and now the family feels it's up to us to solve it," added Martin.

A search by Mason County detachment of the WVSP is now joined by the U.S. Marshals. Officials add if anyone is harboring Crawford, they will also face charges. Troopers are still asking for the public's help too. "We're not getting a lot of help from the community and that's why were asking for info from anybody for Jeff's whereabouts or the murders of the two victims to come forward and help us."

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

I just don't believe Jeff killed his wife and her cousin. I don't think he's on the run. I think he was murdered, too.

i think your right WFW - this seems really fishy - do they have any evidence besides this eye witness??? anything from where the found the girls??? i have just started reading, but it looks like they found the girls the next day some witness came forward and the police kinda said - oh well, guess we are done - have they checked this witness out or asked why he waited til the girls were found b4 he came forward???

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    i think your right WFW - this seems really fishy - do they have any evidence besides this eye witness??? anything from where the found the girls??? i have just started reading, but it looks like they found the girls the next day some witness came forward and the police kinda said - oh well, guess we are done - have they checked this witness out or asked why he waited til the girls were found b4 he came forward???
    From what I've read, the cops say they've been collecting evidence, but they only have the word of the one eyewitness. They found Jeff's mustang being driven by a guy named Marty. I think Marty might've stated that Jeff gave him the car, but later on, police found out the title had been forged. I can't really remember, but it wouldn't surprise me if Marty is the "witness." Rumors have it that Marty knows a lot more than he's letting on. Yeah, there's a bunch of fishy things with this case.

wait so why isn't he the prime suspect?? that is exactly how they found my cousin's murderer, he was missing, they found a guy driving his truck, same story about giving him the truck, title forged, and after the investigated, he was the one who killed him no one just gives a car away!

The first few Topix comments:

This could be or not be a rumor.BUT I i heard that MARTY was going to get out of CHARGES FOR FORGERY on THE TITLE Of THAT CAR,IF HE WORKS WITH THE POLICE AND he will get a lesser charge for any other involvement and starts naming names.has anyone else heard this and what is the charge for forgery.

Well to answer your question on the forgery&uttering. If found guilty it's a felony an carries jail no less than 1 year an no more than 10 year and up to a $500 fine. But what about lying to police and if this Marty guy new or knows anything he guilty of every charge there after. But why now I ask that should of been the first thing the cops done.

Hmmm i agree with you,but after all these years they finally solved one so now maybe things in mason county will change.THE MINUTE YOU FIND SOMEONE IN A CAR THE OWNER IS MISSING AND THE TITLE IS FORGED WELL,SOMETHING JUST IS NOT RIGHT.PEOPLE IN MASON COUNTY WANT TO SEE MARTY CHARGED AND THEY CAN START WITH FORGERY AND UTTERING AND WORK THEIR WAY UP FROM THERE.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...5PTDHPVE3BFMSG

Another one:

Thats how rumors get started.. Nothing seems right about the story. Someone has their car, said they sold it to them for half the price they bought it for not too long ago. They planned to move away, but the family from the town they were going to move to havent heard a word. One day theyre on facebook, talking to friends on their phones, then nothing. And the fire was no accident. Are they in trouble? Yes. Running away, I don't think so. No one really knows whats going on, but the families are extremely worried. If anyone has any information regarding them, like if you seen them before they came up missing or know of anyone who may have wanted to harm them, please inform the family or police. This isn't something funny. They're people, and they're in trouble. And they have a family who are extremely worried about them. Thanks.

MARTY KNOWS

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...HRAPU2LUA8CP6L

And another one:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...HBCPMLNBAK5F3L

Edited: Wow, I found a bunch more, but haven't tried reading through them yet. You'd think with so many people talking about it, there'd be hints thrown in somewhere. At least one would hope so.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...KT5SEI53KL4S1H

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...J4GTR2J5078ET3

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...JJKUPQHT6L3OKM

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...STGNJHBF3LV/p5

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...OPKAV3B9LLVBT4

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...FHLP96M3SVA/p2

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/poin...61VCVKPG4G9/p2

Edit Again: OMG, there are so many more topix discussions I keep finding. I give up!
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 02-17-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    wait so why isn't he the prime suspect?? that is exactly how they found my cousin's murderer, he was missing, they found a guy driving his truck, same story about giving him the truck, title forged, and after the investigated, he was the one who killed him no one just gives a car away!
    I'm not sure. Would be interesting to find out. I may have to try and re-read through all of the topix comments again.

The police barely released any information since this happened, though.

Edited: So sorry about your cousin.
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 02-16-2013 at 11:09 PM.

its a small towm, i wonder if marty has a connection to the police

Possibly. I think the police were/are just incompetent. They should have done so much more, but they just wasted time and got too far in, over their heads.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    his tattoo guns were missing, and then turned up somewhere? so who had them?

i'm not convinced that he's guilty of murder, not by a long shot. i think he's dead, murdered by the same people that killed his wife and her cousin.

drugs, man... no good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I am so glad our story has been added here. I am Jeff's family/ There has been a lot posted on the topix forum and we have got some info from there. we still have no clue where to begin to search for Jeff. We as a family have searched on own own for almost 2 years now. Maybe with fresh minds on the situation we will receive some useful information or advice here. All appreciated! Thank you for being interested in our story!

Quote Originally Posted by closureneeded View Post
    I am so glad our story has been added here. I am Jeff's family/ There has been a lot posted on the topix forum and we have got some info from there. we still have no clue where to begin to search for Jeff. We as a family have searched on own own for almost 2 years now. Maybe with fresh minds on the situation we will receive some useful information or advice here. All appreciated! Thank you for being interested in our story!
    Welcome.

I do hope you and your family will find the answers soon.

I try reading the topix postings, but there are so many comments on so many different threads there that it gets confusing.

From what I read though, it would seem Marty knows more than what he's willing to admit.

Yes we all feel that way. Yet no charges pressed for anything in this against him. Not even for forging the title. he admitted to that.

Yes we all feel that way. Yet no charges pressed for anything in this against him. Not even for forging the title. he admitted to that.
    I thought he did get in trouble for the forged title!
    Does Marty have relatives that are cops? Is Marty really Jeff's cousin?

welcome - i hope we can help your family - do you have any details on marty you can share?

This may be him:

Height: 5ft 6in Weight: 125 lbs. AGE/DOB: 10/19/1984
    Booked: 10/22/2011 Booking ID: 999048983*

Booked: 1/11/2012 Booking ID: 999058314

Booked: 3/16/2011 Booking ID: 999022311

http://mydailyregister.com/view/full...ry-indictments

Martin Ray Rogers Jr., 27, Gallipolis Ferry, three counts breaking and entering, two counts grand larceny, petit larceny, fleeing, battery on a government representative, attempt to disarm an officer.

Read more: Point Pleasant (WV) Register - Arraignments set for grand jury indictments
    Last edited by WooFrigginHoo; 02-17-2013 at 08:37 PM.

No Marty has never been charged for anything related to Jeff. Yes. Jeff and Marty were cousins by blood. 3rd cousins I believe. They were distant cousins. They did NOT grow up together playing in the sandbox. They didn't like each other.

No Marty has never been charged for anything related to Jeff. Yes. Jeff and Marty were cousins by blood. 3rd cousins I believe. They were distant cousins. They did NOT grow up together playing in the sandbox. They didn't like each other.
    We know Marty was seen with both girls, the day they all came up missing. Jeff was not seen that day to my knowledge at all. The day before, he had been seen , but we have no count of him for the day of the trailer fire. Marty was seen with the girls. He had Jeff's car, driving it around, no driver's license, no legal tags (if any), and still continued to drive it. Even after law questioned him the first time, because he had the car. He continued to drive illegally and was not stopped. His story at the time was Jeff sold him the car, which after a short time, and the persistence of family knowing Jeff DID NOT sell his car. Marty then admitted he forged the title. The tattoo guns came up for sale on the street. Then law enforcement found out where they came from. Law enforcement said they questioned the person, and they said they had got the tattoo guns from Marty. This is from my understanding of it all. We know nothing!!! From the time the girls were found, they have never kept us up to date on anything. If they do know anymore , they say , we can't tell you everything. They have never told us what evidence gave them a right to take a warrant out for Jeff. Jeff is no where to be found, they won't look for him,never have.

We as family,along with friends,and many in our small community, believe, that something terrible happened to all 3 of them that night. Who ever done this, does not want us to find Jeff, and has done a pretty good job of making sure we haven't. So it lays out just as it has.....they can accuse Jeff of this horrible crime and as long as he is not found, what does the real killer/killers have to worry about?

Closure?

First, welcome to MDS.

Second, is that Marty's mugshot above your first post of today?

Hope you find answers!

Yes that is him and thank you for being interested

Yes that is him and thank you for being interested
    i am soo sorry, i hope we can help - even if it is just to keep it going and putting pressure on the police - i was serious, when my cousin went missing and they caught some one driving his truck w/ pretty much the same story - they grabbed him, and thats how they found his body, where he was murdered i am just shocked at your police

any details as to when he got the car and where, the last place Jeffrey was seen, or if the police ever processed the car for evidence?

Yes they said the car was processed. It now sits at our local SP station. We do not know where Jeff was seen the day of the fire, the night they came up missing. we have several who say they saw him here and there the day before. Some are reliable, some don't make sense. Either way it is all mixed up, on who and where anyone was seen , because people are telling what they have heard or are too afraid to talk if they really do know. Marty says he got the car the night they came up missing. He said Jeff sold him the car. Then turned around and admitted to forging the signature. Those who do know Marty, say he wouldn't have the kind of money to buy the car either.

Thread Information