Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympian Oscar Pistorius (26) aka 'Bladerunner' (accidentally?) shoots and kills model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp (29) on Valentine's Day

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California

Olympian Oscar Pistorius (26) aka 'Bladerunner' (accidentally?) shoots and kills model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp (29) on Valentine's Day

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/14/world/...ile/index.html

(CNN) -- South African model Reeva Steenkamp was looking forward to Valentine's Day.

"What do you have up your sleeve for your love tomorrow?" the 29-year-old asked her thousands of followers on Twitter a day before. "Get excited."

She did not live to see the day.

Steenkamp died early Thursday after a shooting at the Pretoria home of Olympian Oscar Pistorius, her boyfriend.

Pistorius, nicknamed the "Blade Runner," made history when he became the first Paralympian to compete in the able-bodied Olympics last year.

Local media reported that Steenkamp was mistaken for an intruder. Police said they were aware of the reports, but could not confirm them.

Authorities said they have arrested a 26-year-old man -- the same age as Pistorius -- in connection with the shooting.

They declined to identify the suspect, but said he will appear in Pretoria magistrate court Thursday.

Capacity Relations, the agency that represents Steenkamp, also asked for more time to get the facts straightened out.

"We are in communication with people on the scene, please wait for official statements, as there is too much speculation at this moment in time," the agency said in a statement. "We will provide further information as soon as we are able to provide accurate information as to what transpired."

The model was born in Cape Town and grew up in Port Elizabeth.

She later moved to Johannesburg, where she worked for various agencies, including Toyota and cosmetics company Avon.

Steenkamp, who had a law degree, has also worked as a presenter for FashionTV in South Africa and as a FHM covergirl.

Her passion included cars and cooking, and she was set to appear in the Tropika Island of Treasure Show on Saturday, according to the show's website.

"We are deeply saddened and extend our condolences to Reeva's family and friends," the show said in a message on its website.

Tributes poured in for the model.

"So sad for Reeva Steenkamp's family and for Oscar Pistorius," Top Billing presenter Jo-Ann Strauss tweeted. "This highlights how unsafe most South Africans feel because of crime."

Fellow models also expressed their heartbreak.

"Heaven gained a beautiful angel," Lee-Ann Liebenberg tweeted.

------

Sounds accidental.. That sucks.

Can a mod correct my terrible misspelling of Olympian?
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 02-14-2013 at 05:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

They were hot..

http://www.dlisted.com/2013/02/14/ol...his-girlfriend

Well, here's a shitty and awful story to ruin everybody's Valentine's Day. Oscar Pistorius became an instant Olympic hero and national treasure in South Africa this past summer when he made history by becoming the first double amputee sprinter to ever compete at the Olympics. And now Oscar Pistorius is sitting in a jail, because the police in South Africa think that he shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp at his house in Pretoria early this morning.

The New York Times says that the local media in Pretoria is reporting that this could've been a Valentine's Day surprise gone wrong in the worst way possible. The rumor (which probably came from the brain of Oscar's lawyer) is that Reeva planned to surprise him and snuck into his house right before 4 this morning. Oscar heard noises in his house and thought a burglar was inside, so he grabbed his gun, went downstairs and shot Reeva thinking she was an intruder. When the paramedics arrived, they found that Reeva had been shot in the chest, head and arms. She was pronounced dead on the scene.

A police spokesperson Brig. Denise Beukes waved that rumor away and knows that something in the milk ain't clean about that story. Denise Beukes told reporters that the police have been called to Oscar's house before over complaints of a "domestic nature." Denise wouldn't say anything else.

26-year-old Oscar was charged with murder and an application for bail is probably going to be denied during a hearing tomorrow. Pretoria was recently named the home robbery capital of South Africa and most people own guns to protect themselves. Oscar said in a New York Times Magazine profile that he owns several guns and keeps them in a display case. The night before his interview with the New York Times Magazine, Oscar said the security alarm in his house went off and he immediately grabbed his gun and went downstairs. It turned out to be nothing.

Reeva was a 30-year-old model, reality star and law school graduate. She had been dating Oscar for only two months. Just yesterday, she was tweeting about Valentine's Day.

I watch way too much 48 Hours Mysteries and Dateline NBC to believe the whole burglar story. I don't know how your ass can shoot a burglar four times without realizing that the burglar is actually your girlfriend. I'm looking at that story with a Keith Morrison squint. And if you were planning on surprising your piece this VD, maybe it's best to just slide a card under their door instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I was just talking about this with a friend. So sad. I don't think there's any way he shot her because he thought she was a burglar. You don't shoot without saying something "Who is it? I have a gun!" Or, if he was the type to sleep with a gun/shoot first and ask questions later than as his girlfriend, you think she'd have known.

My Aunt sleeps with a gun next to her bed when my Uncle is out of town and she has said to him MANY times "Do not come home early without calling me. If I'm not expecting you, I will shoot you." Other couple-friends have said the same thing to their husbands and I can't imagine a man being MORE reactionary. Especially one with no legs. It would take effort to put them on/get out of bed...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I was just talking about this with a friend. So sad. I don't think there's any way he shot her because he thought she was a burglar. You don't shoot without saying something "Who is it? I have a gun!" Or, if he was the type to sleep with a gun/shoot first and ask questions later than as his girlfriend, you think she'd have known.

My Aunt sleeps with a gun next to her bed when my Uncle is out of town and she has said to him MANY times "Do not come home early without calling me. If I'm not expecting you, I will shoot you." Other couple-friends have said the same thing to their husbands and I can't imagine a man being MORE reactionary. Especially one with no legs. It would take effort to put them on/get out of bed...
    You'd be surprised.

Also, you aunt is a psychopath. That's ridiculous. Does she owe the mob money? In witness protection?
    Why is she sleeping with a finger on the trigger? I am making jokes, but maybe she's been through some serious trauma. In which case, I hope she doesn't shoot anyone in your family. Jeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    You'd be surprised.
    Right?

Happens all the time. This easily could have been an accident because people who shoot without thinking shouldn't own them.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Right?

Happens all the time. This easily could have been an accident because people who shoot without thinking shouldn't own them.
    How the fuck you gonna be ready to shoot someone if your partner is away??
    I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!

People have keys to my house. I understand this. My gf goes out of town. That's what my alarm is for.

I have a gun and can get to it to shoot but it will take a
    Second and I will either give the burglar a chance to GTFO or the person to identify themselves. If I get killed at least I won't have a guilty conscience.

People have keys to my house. I understand this. My gf goes out of town. That's what my alarm is for.

I have a gun and can get to it to shoot but it will take a
    Second and I will either give the burglar a chance to GTFO or the person to identify themselves. If I get killed at least I won't have a guilty conscience.
    That a girl.

This is why I don't buy it when people say their guns are to protect their stuff. What happens if someone breaks in when you're not home? If you wanna protect your stuff, you lock it up, you don't sit in the dark shooting every time you hear a peep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    How the fuck you gonna be ready to shoot someone if your partner is away??
    I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!
    As a woman living alone I can totally see shooting first and asking questions later if you're not expecting anybody for days. Obviously if somebody is out to dinner and coming home late or something like that they would be expected...There really is no excuse for coming home early from a trip and not just giving your wife a call to let her know to expect you, it takes 5 seconds. That being said, the women that I know who are of this mindset have flat out told their husbands that this is the case so they know better. What I don't understand is being in a relationship with somebody and NOT knowing that this would be their reaction to a person entering the home in the middle of the night. Especially if it's to the point where you have a key to their house.

As a woman living alone I can totally see shooting first and asking questions later if you're not expecting anybody for days. Obviously if somebody is out to dinner and coming home late or something like that they would be expected...There really is no excuse for coming home early from a trip and not just giving your wife a call to let her know to expect you, it takes 5 seconds. That being said, the women that I know who are of this mindset have flat out told their husbands that this is the case so they know better. What I don't understand is being in a relationship with somebody and NOT knowing that this would be their reaction to a person entering the home in the middle of the night. Especially if it's to the point where you have a key to their house.
    I would do is as a surprise. I love surprises! Everyone loves surprises!

I also would never be in a serious relationship with someone that bloodthirsty.

Not that I'm against it, there just aren't any around here. Suicide-by-wife is an interesting option though.

In the defense of South Africans, guns are much much more prevalent out there. Home invasions and robbery are a very common thing. The amount of violence out there is actually quite shocking. I understand why he had a gun.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I just saw this...I'm so sad. He was my favorite Olympic story. UGH WTF. Also this-

"What do you have up your sleeve for your love tomorrow?"

gave me chills a la Travis Alexander wondering if his date was an axe murderer.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    In the defense of South Africans, guns are much much more prevalent out there. Home invasions and robbery are a very common thing. The amount of violence out there is actually quite shocking. I understand why he had a gun.
    I understand why he has one. I don't understand shoot first when you know your gf has a key or access.

I understand why he has one. I don't understand shoot first when you know your gf has a key or access.
    Yeah, that part is the sketchy part. It's also probably why he is arrested and being charged with murder.

Not everyone loves surprises - that's the point. And if you're in a serious relationship with somebody that's something that's pretty easy to figure out. Also - Surprise I got you flowers! and Surprise it's the middle of the night and I'm home! are two completely different things.

I also wouldn't call not wanting to be raped and murdered "bloodthirsty" and that's the first place a woman's mind goes when she thinks about a break-in. At least I know that's where mine goes. If somebody takes the time to break into my place I'm pretty sure it's not going to be to steal my 6 year old 32" television, my not at all expensive jewlery or broken 10 year old CD player... If it was about stuff they'd likely rob either of the old Asian couples who live on the first floor of the buildling.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    Oh, I thought this was 'Merica.

I withdraw my statements.

Yes, this. I'm not against guns but I feel like if she had access to his home and he is of the "shoot first, as questions later" mindset then she would have been aware (because he should have told her - hey honey, by the way, don't scare me or I might shoot you) and then she would not just show up without warning.

He knows kraze and I hate them. Lol

By the time I will call out. I have the gun ready. I do know this.

Not everyone loves surprises - that's the point. And if you're in a serious relationship with somebody that's something that's pretty easy to figure out. Also - Surprise I got you flowers! and Surprise it's the middle of the night and I'm home! are two completely different things.

I also wouldn't call not wanting to be raped and murdered "bloodthirsty" and that's the first place a woman's mind goes when she thinks about a break-in. At least I know that's where mine goes. If somebody takes the time to break into my place I'm pretty sure it's not going to be to steal my 6 year old 32" television, my not at all expensive jewlery or broken 10 year old CD player... If it was about stuff they'd likely rob either of the old Asian couples who live on the first floor of the buildling.
    I know a lot of women that don't want to be raped and/or murdered, and they don't sit in the dark shooting at shadows just wishing a motherfucker would.

If you're that fucking anxious to shoot someone you're bloodthristy. Just admit it.

Yes, this. I'm not against guns but I feel like if she had access to his home and he is of the "shoot first, as questions later" mindset then she would have been aware (because he should have told her - hey honey, by the way, don't scare me or I might shoot you) and then she would not just show up without warning.
    True but I can honestly say I don't THINK my gf is like this but I have never asked her.

I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    idk. Does that really come up in the first two months?
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    It hasn't come up in 13 years for us.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. I'm hoping it was an accident, but in this day and age you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    If I was dating a gun owner, I'd fucking ask. But I assume that gun owners are just itching for a reason.

Thread Information