Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympian Oscar Pistorius (26) aka 'Bladerunner' (accidentally?) shoots and kills model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp (29) on Valentine's Day

Oscar Pistorius wept openly in court today in South Africa as a judge charged him with the Valentine's Day murder of his model girlfriend.

Pistorius -- a double amputee track star who competed in last summer's Olympics -- held his hands over his face and sobbed as the prosecution said it would bring a charge of "premeditated murder."

The bail hearing was postponed at the request of both the prosecution and the defense and the case was adjourned until Tuesday. Pistorius will remain in custody until then.

Pistorius' lawyer did not squarely say his client did not shoot GF Reeva Steenkamp, saying, "The alleged murder is disputed in the strongest terms."

It appears the defense will center around perceived self-defense -- believing Steenkamp was an intruder. In fact, on November 27 -- 3 months before Steenkamp was shot -- Pistorius went on twitter to talk about shooting an intruder: "Nothing like getting home to hear the washing machine on and thinking its an intruder to go into full combat recon mode into the pantry! waa."

0215_pistorius_twitter
    Jenna Edkins, who claims to have been an on-again off-again girlfriend of Pistorius' over the last 5 years, tweeted, "NOT ONCE has he EVER lifted a finger to me or made me fear for my life."

Steenkamp was a 26-year-old model who was about to make her reality television debut.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2KzZpMhkr

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I don't really know what to believe but when I read that tweet yesterday it definitely threw me off. Either he was giving himself an "out" to murder her- months before he'd even met her- or he legitimately freaked the fuck out about intruders.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Oscar Pistorius is living it up behind bars -- a rep for the South African prison where he's locked up tells TMZ, Oscar's family just delivered the Olympian a home-cooked meal and some blankets to make his stay more comfy.

According to the rep, the family dropped off the care package roughly an hour ago. They also brought a pillow from home for him to sleep on.

The rep insists the care package is NOT considered special treatment -- every inmate is allowed to receive similar packages from family and friends.

We're told Oscar's family left shortly after dropping off the goods, and he's currently resting comfortably in his cell.

Oscar -- who stands accused of murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp -- is set to appear before a judge tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#ixzz2Kzaq8000

the prosecuters are saying the are going to increase the charges to premeditated murder, saying "Prosecutors said Friday that they would argue the history-making Olympic athlete - the first amputee to run at the games - had planned Steenkamp's killing."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2692765.html

Well that would explain why he shot her multiple times...
    Pistorius kept a machine gun and a pistol in his bedroom.
    Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/02/15/osc...#ixzz2L09aDDNw
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    If you can tweet something like the one he sent about the washing machine, you have some paranoia goin' on. Not that being a little paranoid isn't a good thing, but it sounds as if he took his to extremes. I don't know his history, whether he's been subject to violent acts, but even though you live in a country that isn't exactly safe and secure, his level of crazy demands a much closer investigation. Being a world class runner is amazing, doing it without legs is even moreso. Being afraid of your own shadow, however, is quite a different story. Now a young lady is dead, and he's got a lot to answer for. I hope they get to the bottom of this, it sounds like they both were destined for great things.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Report: Oscar Pistorius' Girlfriend Was Shot And Killed Through A Bathroom Door
    Tony Manfred | Feb. 15, 2013, 10:32 AM | 17,780 | 14

Rumors surfaced in South Africa yesterday that Oscar Pistorius may have killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in a tragic case of mistaken identity.

Steenkamp hinted that she was going to give Pistorius a Valentine's Day surprise, and one report speculated that Pistorius shot and killed her when he mistook her for a home burglar.

But in the past 24 hours evidence has emerged that draws this theory into question.

Yesterday, police said they had no idea where the mistaken identity rumors came from. They charged Pistorius with murder, and today in court announced that they would argue that he committed "premeditated murder."

The gruesome details of the shooting raise doubts about the plausibility of the mistaken identity theory. Steenkamp was shot four times in the head, hand, chest, and pelvis, police say. Beeld reports that she was shot through a bathroom door.

In addition, the newspaper Beeld reports that police were called to the house two hours before the shooting as neighbors heard an argument. That seems to indicate that Steenkamp was at the home prior to the shooting.

Details of the shooting have been sparse. We should know more when police begin making their case against Pistorius in court.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/repor...#ixzz2L1J1Y0re

A celebrity reality show featuring the murdered girlfriend of Oscar Pistorius will still be broadcast on South African television despite her death, the producers said Friday.

The pre-recorded show filmed in an exotic location in Jamaica features the blonde model Reeva Steenkamp and several local personalities competing for one million rand ($113,500) prize money.

Producers of "Tropika Island of Treasure" said they had decided not to shelve the show, which will premiere on Saturday, two days after she was shot dead at Pistorius's home on Valentine's Day.

"As we grieve today with Reeva's family and friends and struggle to make sense of this shocking tragedy, it has taken much deliberation to come to the decision to continue screening Tropika Island of Treasure 5 as planned," executive producer Samantha Moon said in a statement.

"This week's episode will be dedicated to Reeva's memory."

A weeping Pistorius appeared in a Pretoria court on Friday charged with murder over the killing of his 29-year-old girlfriend.

A special tribute will be broadcast ahead of Saturday's show at 6:30 pm (1630 GMT).

Online advertisements for the series shows a beaming Steenkamp clad in a bikini and other skimpy clothing.

The show's website carries a picture of burning candle with a message: "We are deeply saddened and extend our condolences to Reeva's family and friends."

The series, now in its fifth season, is popular with local viewers.

The hour-long show, screened on Saturday evenings is described as "pure adrenaline-fuelled drama... Whether diving off 75-foot Jamaican cliffs into the ocean, recreating cool runnings or meeting Jamaican celebrities".

Born in the southern city of Port Elizabeth, Steenkamp moved to Johannesburg six years ago to pursue her modelling career.

The model, who had been dating the double amputee sprinter, was shot dead inside Pistorius's Pretoria home on Thursday. The pair had been dating since late last year.

On her Twitter profile Steenkamp described herself as a "Law Graduate, Child of God" and, regularly mentioned Pistorius, 26, in her posts, referring to him as her "boo" and "an amazing person".

Does he keep his legs on when sleeping or does he have type of slipper legs.

The reason i ask is did he have to put them on and check out the "intruder" or did he plop on the ground and move over on his stumps. If so then he would have to shoot at an upward angle and maybe his first views of the intruder were just legs or a pelvis.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Does he keep his legs on when sleeping or does he have type of slipper legs.

The reason i ask is did he have to put them on and check out the "intruder" or did he plop on the ground and move over on his stumps. If so then he would have to shoot at an upward angle and maybe his first views of the intruder were just legs or a pelvis.
    i can only go by my bf when i was 16 - he only lost one leg, but he never slept w/ it on -fyi also there is a question if he can wear them in jail because they can ge used as a weapon - originally they were - but now the prosecution is fighting it and moved him to a handicapped section of jail, so i don't think he will be able to wear them in jail now

Quote Originally Posted by Harlette View Post
    i can only go by my bf when i was 16 - he only lost one leg, but he never slept w/ it on -fyi also there is a question if he can wear them in jail because they can ge used as a weapon - originally they were - but now the prosecution is fighting it and moved him to a handicapped section of jail, so i don't think he will be able to wear them in jail now
    Ugh,almost a double loss of freedom.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

News article here:

"What happened in the early hours of Valentines’ Day when Oscar Pistorius’ girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, was gunned down? City Press reveals the shocking details.

These include:

? A bloodied cricket bat is the central piece of evidence in the unfolding murder investigation against Pistorius.

? Pistorius allegedly told his sister, Aimee, that something terrible had happened and that he had mistaken Steenkamp for a burglar.

? But three sources close to the investigation ruled out the possibility that Pistorius could have mistaken Steenkamp for an intruder. There was no sign of forced entry.

? It is alleged that the first shot was fired in the bedroom after which Steenkamp locked herself in the bathroom.

? Pistorius’ father received a call from his son just after 3:20am on Thursday, asking him to come to his house.

Read the full story in City Press today."

Stumbled across this article from 2011.

http://m.news24.com/news24/MyNews24/...ligan-20111103

A bloodied cricket bat has been found at the home of Blade Runner, local sources say.

Police are working on theories that the bat could have been used by Oscar Pistorius to attack Reeva Steenkamp before shooting her dead, to break down the door of the bathroom where she was hiding, or even by the late model to defend herself, reported City Press in South Africa.

It was also claimed that investigation sources said Miss Steenkamp's skull had been crushed.

Meanwhile his best friend has told how he received a phone call moments after Reeva Steenkamp had been shot dead and a distraught Pistorius later crying ?My baba, I?ve killed my baba. God take me away.?

Before the Paralympic medallist called the emergency services he phoned Justin Divaris, 27, at 3.55am to tell him what had happened.
    More at the link - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Steenkamp.html

It seems a bit weird that he called a friend before he called the emergency services

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    So if she locked herself in the bathroom after the first shot she would have had time to say something or scream. He had to have known it was her after the first shot. I wanted to believe it was an accident but I am beginning to think not so much. Did they live together?

I don't own a gun, but say I did. Sometimes my bf goes out with work buddies and comes home very late. So...this would be like me hearing him come home late and opening fire. Makes no sense to me. It makes even less sense if I had to put on legs before opening fire.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    Stumbled across this article from 2011.

http://m.news24.com/news24/MyNews24/...ligan-20111103
    That's wild. Yeah, it's amazing what you think you're able to get away with when you're drunk and famous. Doesn't make you any less of an asshole, however. I'm surprised that lady' husband didn't beat the shit out of him, it sounds like he more than deserved it.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

The bloodied cricket bat is a pretty obvious sign that this was deliberate.

It's really really sad because he was a role model to so many people.

Oh ya I forgot to address the bloodied bat. Wtf is that about? Disappointing.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/excl...ainst-oscar-2/

One cartridge was found in the bedroom and the police suspect Oscar may have “chased” her and fired the first shot before Steenkamp could lock herself inside the toilet.

“The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head, which is why the bullet also went through her hand,” said a source.

Steenkamp was shot in the head, hip, arm and hand.

In anticipation of a possible argument that he experienced “roid rage” – extremely aggressive behaviour associated with taking large doses of steroids – the police insisted that the athlete’s blood be tested for any foreign substances...

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    If you can tweet something like the one he sent about the washing machine, you have some paranoia goin' on. Not that being a little paranoid isn't a good thing, but it sounds as if he took his to extremes. I don't know his history, whether he's been subject to violent acts, but even though you live in a country that isn't exactly safe and secure, his level of crazy demands a much closer investigation. Being a world class runner is amazing, doing it without legs is even moreso. Being afraid of your own shadow, however, is quite a different story. Now a young lady is dead, and he's got a lot to answer for. I hope they get to the bottom of this, it sounds like they both were destined for great things.
    I was thinking the same thing...Was reading in the paper today that he referenced shooting intruders sometime ago in a twitter or something. Makes me think he has something to hide or got caught up in the wrong crowd... Drugs diamonds,money....Then they reported there was blood on a bat they were testing to see if it was hers. How does he hit her with a bat and shoot her 4x? Unless, the "bad" people set it up. He just seems very remorseful about her death and not trying to hide it either by say he shot her. maybe we can speculate more when there's more information.

Yeah, he wasn't thinking about an intruder.. What a huge asshole.

Pistorius murder defence team faces few options -- Media reports on killing challenge defence claims

...permissible to use lethal force only when your life is directly threatened.

Furthermore, when the immediate threat is gone - a shot intruder, say, goes down with a bullet in the leg - the self-defence argument ends.

"The law says that you have to stop the moment that you have repelled an attack, so normally one shot will suffice," said Steven Tuson, a professor of criminal law at Johannesburg's Wits University.

If Pistorius's lawyers choose to avoid the self-defence avenue, another option may be to argue temporary insanity based on chemical stimulants, a defence irreverently referred to in sports-mad South Africa as "roid rage", short for 'steroid'.

This is why Pistorius was taken for blood tests immediately after the shooting, Tuson said, "to exclude that defence". Classen also said the "roid rage" defence could only succeed in "extraordinary circumstances".

One other possible avenue is for Pistorius to argue "putative self-defence" - that he thought he was being attacked even if he wasn't. Even then, Classen said the content of the media reports, if true, curtailed his chances of success.

He'll get off. But I DO NOT think it was an accident.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I'm one of the few who doesn't believe he did it purposely..... But did anyone else hear about how when he was a child he went to a boys school and the boys would do cruel things to him like steal his legs at night and set the fire alarms off so when everyone else was panicking and evacuating he would be looking for his legs to try and get out? It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out but from
    My understanding it's no secret that he was a paranoid person.

Has the comic-stylee hypothesis been posted in this thread yet? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-steroids.html

Stay classy, City Press.

Re the cricket bat: I find it difficult to believe she was both whacked and shot in the hip post-bathroom, in whatever order. I'll be amazed if at least 50pc of this doesn't turn out to be utter bollocks.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't taken off more!

Thread Information