Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Olympian Oscar Pistorius (26) aka 'Bladerunner' (accidentally?) shoots and kills model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp (29) on Valentine's Day

I get the distinct feeling we will hear about him and some shenanigans on a monthly basis. This guy craves the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I would think that they'd have to either keep him in a hospital setting or allow regular prosthetics. I'd love to know as well.

Put him on suicide watch. He'll commit suicide, we'll watch.
    Yeah I'd say regular prosthetics, but that's pretty risky itself as he could hide shit. If he wanted to live a 'normal' life, he shouldn't have killed someone. I hope he's having to 'stump' around. Stumporius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

‘Blade Runner’ Oscar Pistorius begs for forgiveness of victim’s family

https://nypost.com/2020/10/11/blade-...ictims-family/

Disgraced “Blade Runner” Oscar Pistorius has turned to God while locked up for the murder of his model girlfriend — and is begging for her family’s forgiveness, according to a report on Sunday.

The Paralympic gold medalist — who is serving 13 years and five months in a South African prison for the shooting of Reeva Steenkamp — told a friend that he’s desperate for his apology to be accepted, The Sun reported.

“I want to tell them I’m sorry,” the killer athlete said, according to pal and ex-teacher Bill Schroder.

“What he really, really wants is forgiveness,” Schroder told the outlet. “He is more concerned about forgiveness than actually getting out on parole.”

While serving out his time, Pistorius, 33, has grown a beard and found his faith, said Schroder, who’s visited his friend four times in prison.

He’s also given up exercise and started smoking, according to his pal.

The double-amputee Olympian shot Steenkamp, a 29-year-old model and budding reality-TV star, through a bathroom door inside his home in Pretoria, South Africa on Valentine’s Day in 2013.

The prosecution charged that Pistorius intentionally blasted his girlfriend four times after the couple had an argument.

But Pistorius claimed he woke up and opened fire thinking Steenkamp was an intruder — a defense he’s stuck with to this day, according to Schroder.

“He still maintains to this day it was an accident,” Schroder told The Sun. “I did feel he was showing remorse.”

“He quoted a study by an expert that when you are woken from a deep sleep and are put into a situation of fear that you act very differently to when fully conscious. I listened to him but did not buy it.”

Pistorius was initially convicted of manslaughter in 2014, but that conviction was overturned and replaced with a murder conviction.

In 2018, Steenkamp’s mother June said she had forgiven Pistorius but still wanted him punished.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Looks like they're going to start the process for his parole:

Oscar Pistorius' parole process could start in South Africa

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/09/sport...ntl/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://apnews.com/article/oscar-pis...fb93b85ab0d315

PRETORIA, South Africa (AP) ? Double-amputee Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius was granted parole Friday, 10 years after shooting his girlfriend through a toilet door at his home in South Africa in a killing that jolted the world. He will be released from prison on Jan. 5, but will be constantly monitored by parole officials for five years until his sentence expires, the Department of Corrections said.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/oscar-pis...fb93b85ab0d315

PRETORIA, South Africa (AP) ? Double-amputee Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius was granted parole Friday, 10 years after shooting his girlfriend through a toilet door at his home in South Africa in a killing that jolted the world. He will be released from prison on Jan. 5, but will be constantly monitored by parole officials for five years until his sentence expires, the Department of Corrections said.
    Maybe someone will rob him of his bionic legs and he'll have to resort to being wheelchair bound forever. That would serve him right, the asshole. "Double amputee and attention whore fucknut asshole" is how he should be referred to from now on.

Sorry, I just don't get people's obsession with others, whether they are athletes, s
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

He absolutely murdered her in cold blood and all he gets is 10 years. What a slap in the face to Reeva's family.

Yay now he is free to murder more people (in self defense).

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...-preacher.html

Oscar Pistorius walks free from jail tomorrow as a paunchy, greying chain-smoker who will have to look over his shoulder forever: He will live with his rich uncle, gangs are out for revenge - and he may even become a preacher

Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in February 2013
    The former Paralympic star has been in jail for the past nine years
    But it will not be to true freedom that Pistorius steps from Atteridgeville prison

Oscar Pistorius could still be a gem of post-apartheid South Africa. But tomorrow the only double amputee in Olympic history will walk away from jail a paunchy, greying, chain-smoker under threat forever from the underworld - as well as a convicted murderer.

Now 37, Pistorius is due out on parole after serving nearly nine years for the four gunshots that changed his life and, more devastatingly, ended that of his model girlfriend of three months, Reeva Steenkamp.

It was at the height of his fame on Valentine's Day 2013, not even a year after he ran at London 2012 on carbon fibre blades, that the sprinter fired a licensed 9mm pistol through a locked bathroom door at his bachelor pad in a gated community in the hills above Pretoria, killing 30-year-old Reeva, who was behind it.

But it will not be to true freedom that Pistorius steps from Atteridgeville prison in Johannesburg, folding away his orange jail uniform for the last time. It will be to live 15 miles east behind high walls in a garden cottage on the guarded estate of his rich, church-going Uncle Arnold, his estranged father Henk's brother, and to an uncertain future in one of the most crime-ridden cities on earth.

In the elite, diplomatic Waterkloof suburb of the capital, where Arnold lives, electric fences protect every property - often worth some ?10million - and security men sit on grass verges or outside the gates. It is a place of quiet menace.

Oscar Pistorius walks free from jail tomorrow as a paunchy, greying chain-smoker who will have to look over his shoulder forever: He will live with his rich uncle, gangs are out for revenge - and he may even become a preacher

Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in February 2013
    The former Paralympic star has been in jail for the past nine years
    But it will not be to true freedom that Pistorius steps from Atteridgeville prison

By Jonathan McEvoy for the Daily Mail

Published: 12:01 EST, 4 January 2024 | Updated: 15:06 EST, 4 January 2024

shares

View comments

+99
    Home

View comments

Oscar Pistorius could still be a gem of post-apartheid South Africa. But tomorrow the only double amputee in Olympic history will walk away from jail a paunchy, greying, chain-smoker under threat forever from the underworld - as well as a convicted murderer.

Now 37, Pistorius is due out on parole after serving nearly nine years for the four gunshots that changed his life and, more devastatingly, ended that of his model girlfriend of three months, Reeva Steenkamp.

It was at the height of his fame on Valentine's Day 2013, not even a year after he ran at London 2012 on carbon fibre blades, that the sprinter fired a licensed 9mm pistol through a locked bathroom door at his bachelor pad in a gated community in the hills above Pretoria, killing 30-year-old Reeva, who was behind it.

But it will not be to true freedom that Pistorius steps from Atteridgeville prison in Johannesburg, folding away his orange jail uniform for the last time. It will be to live 15 miles east behind high walls in a garden cottage on the guarded estate of his rich, church-going Uncle Arnold, his estranged father Henk's brother, and to an uncertain future in one of the most crime-ridden cities on earth.

In the elite, diplomatic Waterkloof suburb of the capital, where Arnold lives, electric fences protect every property - often worth some ?10million - and security men sit on grass verges or outside the gates. It is a place of quiet menace.
    Oscar Pistorius will walk away from jail as a free man on Friday after nine years in prison

Oscar Pistorius will walk away from jail as a free man on Friday after nine years in prison
    The 37-year-old murdered his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day in 2013

The 37-year-old murdered his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day in 2013
    Pistorious shot Steenkamp through the locked bathroom door in his home in a gated community in Pretoria

Pistorious shot Steenkamp through the locked bathroom door in his home in a gated community in Pretoria
    TRENDING
    Birth certificate of darts sensation Luke Littler is revealed
    142.9k viewing now
    Luke Littler 'set to be hit with HUGE tax blow'
    21.1k viewing now
    Littler's family claim 'jealous' parents have tried to undermine him
    17.2k viewing now

Blue and yellow signs ward off potential intruders with the warning: 'ADT Rapid Response'.

One contact I spoke to in South Africa, where I have travelled on several occasions to see Pistorius both before and after the shooting, said that the once feted, now fallen, icon of sport could be the target of vigilante retribution.

'He will never be able to go anywhere for the rest of his life without looking over his shoulder,' I was told, such is the revulsion at his actions in his native land. Police in Johannesburg have received information suggesting the city's gangs are out for revenge over Reeva's murder.

He has sworn enemies - two of whom showed up in the public gallery at his murder trial at North Gauteng High Court in 2014. One of those hardmen was ex-footballer Marc Batchelor, who has since been shot dead in a gangland hit in Johannesburg and another was Mikey Schultz, a convicted contract killer.

While on bail prior to his conviction, again at Arnold's house, Pistorius was worried about being killed by an assassin's bullet and kept away from windows to avoid the threat.

Since being inside, he hung out with a Chech gangland figure. While in jail, he suffered injuries in a fight with a fellow inmate over a prison telephone in 2017. A year before, he required treatment on his wrists after apparently falling in his cell. His family deny it was a case of self-harm.

He is also said, ironically, to have developed his Christian faith, encouraging fellow convicts to read the Bible and worship Jesus, and there is even talk that he will become a preacher once he is out. At Arnold's house, the family hold hands and say grace together to thank God for their food.

Once released, Pistorius will be monitored until 2029, the end of his sentence. South Africa's Department of Correctional Services said: 'An elevated public profile linked to Pistorius does not make him different from other inmates nor warrant inconsistent treatment.

'The general parole conditions will apply to Pistorius. For example, he will be expected to be home at particular hours of the day. He may not consume alcohol and other prohibited substances.'

He will be compelled to undergo anger-management therapy and attend programmes on gender-based violence. Visits to the nightclubs he once frequented are strictly forbidden. It is thought he may involve himself with enterprises associated with his Uncle Arnold, a tourism and property businessman at whose house he stayed while on bail.

All this is a far cry from the Pistorius I got to know over a decade ago in more carefree days. Actually, no day in Pretoria can be entirely characterised as carefree. For where else but in the administrative centre of that vast and beautiful land would the photographer you are working with phone up to say, as a matter of routine, that on his way home he stopped to take pictures of a girl shot dead by her school gates?

Returning each evening to the sanctuary of the Hilton hotel in the relatively safe Sandton district of Johannesburg, the area where touring England cricket teams stay, the Japanese restaurant's Teppanyaki provided the greatest comfort food ever.

It was in August 2011 that I first met Pistorius. He was making his case to this newspaper for running in able-bodied competition, contending, with the help of expensive legal advice, that his prosthetic legs did not confer an illegal advantage.

He and I went to the teeming sports hall at Pretoria University, where he trained, and he spelt out his argument to me fairly persuasively for 90 minutes. He later won his case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, allowing him access to the London Games (where he ran in the 400m but didn't reach the final).

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Pistoriius might become a preacher?

My thoughts exactly, that was the real gem of the article.

This isn't the last we'll hear of him. He honestly didn't do the proper time for killing her and it will show.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This isn't the last we'll hear of him. He honestly didn't do the proper time for killing her and it will show.
    Yep.

Thread Information