Thread: Novy Chardon - missing since 6 February 2013 and presumed murdered

Novy Chardon - missing since 6 February 2013 and presumed murdered

http://www.facebook.com/novy.chardon

A WOMAN missing from the Gold Coast for five days may have been murdered, Queensland police believe.

Novy Chardon, 34, was last seen at Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera, on February 6 and has not been in contact with family or friends since.

A crime scene has been set up at her home, with homicide and organised crime detectives investigating her disappearance.

A police spokeswoman said grave concerns are held for the woman's welfare, with detectives not ruling out the possibility she may have been murdered.

Mrs Chardon is described as being Asian in appearance, 160cm tall, with brown eyes and long dark hair.

She may have been driving a dark coloured Volvo XC90 four-wheel drive with Queensland registration plates 860LTZ.

Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson will hold a media conference at Surfers Paradise on Monday.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...#ixzz2KYDqbb3B

THE car belong to missing Gold Coast woman, Novy Chardon, has been found as police continue their hunt for the mother-of-two.

Police confirmed they found a dark-coloured Volvo 4WD with number plates matching those belonging to missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon.

The car was found near the railway station at Bowden Court, Nerang about 6pm last night.

Ms Chardon was last seen driving the car last Wednesday, February 6 but has not been heard from since.

Meanwhile, her husband John, who is overseas, has urged her to "get her a--- home".

Mr Chardon, 65, took their son, 7, and daughter, 9, to Indonesia on Friday, two days after his wife, 34, disappeared from the couple's Upper Coomera home.

Police say Mr Chardon, who owns a Loganholme lubricant products company, left on a pre-booked business trip to Jakarta on Friday night but had not planned to take the children with him.

They will not confirm if he is a suspect in his Indonesian-born wife's disappearance but officers say they are keeping all options open.

Speaking from Indonesia last night, Mr Chardon said he was in a meeting and "too upset" to talk.

He earlier told Channel 10 that his wife should "get her stupid bloody a--- home" and revealed they were going through a divorce.

"She's done this sort of thing (disappeared) before, just not for such a long time," he said.

Regional crime co-ordinator Superintendent David Hutchinson said detectives had spoken to Mr Chardon in Jakarta by phone and were expecting him to return to Australia "hopefully soon" to answer questions.

"He hasn't been able to tell us where she is at the moment," Supt Hutchinson said.

"At this point in time, we believe he was the last one to see her on the Wednesday night. There was no plan initially for him to take the children, but he has since taken the children."

Supt Hutchinson said Mrs Chardon had previously gone away by herself "for a day or so" and her husband was not concerned at first.

"He obviously has more concern now that she hasn't turned up," he said.

Mrs Chardon, who runs a beauty business from her home, left the Bridie Drive residence in her late model Volvo 4WD on Wednesday night and has not been seen or heard of since.

She was reported missing by a concerned friend and police established a major crime scene at the family's home.

"The truth of the matter is we don't know where she is and we don't know why she hasn't come home," Supt Hutchinson said.

"The overall circumstances are concerning for us. She hasn't spoken with family or friends since last Wednesday night (and) that in itself is out of character. We are concerned for her welfare."

Supt Hutchinson appealed for Mrs Chardon, or anyone with information about her disappearance, to contact them. He said police were keen to locate her dark blue Volvo, registration number 860 LTZ.

Mrs Chardon's friend Maria Phillips said: "I hope she is somewhere safe."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/c...#ixzz2KdZHWij6

Can't post links again but this mother is still missing. Her husband has returned from Indonesia with her kids & his statement to media was along the lines of "we don't know where the fuck she is". I can't post pix but there's quite a few of her & also footage of her husband since his return. Her husband has apparently told media he'll attend the police station today to provide assistance. QLD Police have said that he is not a suspect.

THE husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon has been grilled by detectives over her disappearance.

Businessman John Chardon arrived at Coomera police station 11am on Monday and made no comment to reporters as he entered the compound.

He spent three hours with detectives before being transported to Southport police station Monday afternoon.

It is understood he volunteered to accompany officers to Southport to take part in DNA testing.

Mr Chardon has maintained he had nothing to do with his wife's disappearance.

Mrs Chardon disappeared more than two weeks ago.

Two days later her husband jetted off to Indonesia on a business trip with the couple's two young children.

They returned to Australia at the weekend.

So far there has been no trace of the 34-year-old.

http://www.news.com.au/national/john...-1226585014982

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226587183459

THE family of missing Gold Coast mum Novy Chardon have made an emotional plea for her return.

Speaking from Indonesia in an interview with Channel 7, her mother Pradhika Pattisinai has described her missing 34-year-old daughter as energetic and full of life.

She last spoke to Novy two days before her disappearance.

"We are worried so much. We miss her so much, we really hope she will come back soon, well and alive," she told Channel 7.

Mrs Pattisinai lives in Surabaya, Indonesia, however had no contact with Novy's husband John Chardon when he visited the country earlier this month.

Mr Chardon, who flew to Indonesia on a pre-planned business trip two days after his wife disappeared from their Upper Coomera home on February 6, returned at the weekend and spent several hours on Monday being questioned by detectives at the Coomera police station.
    Mrs Pattisinai has revealed disharmony in her family's relationship with Novy's husband.

"They (her family) don't get along with him well," she said.

His two adult daughters from a previous marriage were also interviewed however his daughter Angela Chardon has now also left the country.

He revealed in earlier media interviews from Jakarta that he and Novy were filing for divorce.

Since returning home he has hired a barrister and a solicitor and is refusing to comment publicly on his wife's disappearance.

Novy Chardon has been missing for 21 days.

"We just hope that anybody who has any information about Novy's disappearance will soon call police," Mrs Pattisinai said.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts are urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.facebook.com/pradhika.pattisinai

I believe this to be her Mom's FB page.

So why are they presuming that she was murdered? Feels like some info is missing there. Is there evidence of a struggle or blood or something?

I've been following this case over on WS. Chardon is a vile sort of man, I'm quite familiar with his type - he's almost a stereotype here. See: Sir Les Patterson

Hamdinger, I don't believe the police have stated why they've upped it to 'murder' now - maybe the 'why' is part of the ongoing investigation...evidence, or somesuch.

Yes, after viewing some of the footage I completely agree with the use of the word "vile" to describe this creature. The upgrade from missing to murder may have something to do with the recovery of her car? There seemed to be a lot of media focus on locating her missing vehicle last wk. From what I recall, when it was located there was a request for people to contact QLD Police if they had seen the car in any other location since the date she went missing. I think they said it had only turned up in the final location a day or so before police were advised. Maybe they've had witnesses come forward & are now aware of where the car was on the days its location was unknown & more importantly, who was driving it? & sorry to all, once again I'm doing a hit& run post with no links & vague references. Promise I'll make it up to everyone I've annoyed by creating amazingly well-researched & referenced posts as soon as I can stage a revolt & regain custody of a real computer from the mini-monsters.

QLD Police have released a list of belongings that disappeared from her home on the date she was last seen, including clothing & 2 suitcases. Detailed lists have been handed out to "Clean Up Australia Day" volunteers over the weekend 2-3 March in the hope that some of the items might be found in illegal dumping areas. "Clean Up Australia Day" is an annual event when people Australia-wide volunteer to clean up garbage dumped on roadsides, beaches, bushland etc, so it provides an excellent opportunity for police.

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...-1226845215559

POLICE were on Tuesday night digging up a Gold Coast backyard for the remains of missing Gold Coast mum Novy Chardon, who they fear could be entombed inside a car.

A house at Mt Nathan in the Gold Coast Hinterland was declared a crime scene and an earthmoving machine brought in.

It is believed police are searching for a vehicle thought to be buried deep in the yard of the Eden Court property. They are looking for the body of Mrs Chardon, who was 34 when she disappeared, who they fear could be inside.

The dramatic development comes a month after the first anniversary of Mrs Chardon’s disappearance.

Police launched a murder investigation after the mother-of-two disappeared from her Upper Coomera home on February 6 last year.

Her millionaire husband John, 66, took their two young children on a pre-planned business trip to Indonesia two days after his wife vanished and remained overseas for several weeks.

At the time he said she had gone missing before.

He was once named in court by his own lawyer as the ‘chief suspect’ but has always denied any involvement in his wife’s disappearance.

Interesting....such an elaborate means of burying her if she is in that yard. I would think that more than one person would be involved, so hopefully someone will get nervous and spill the beans.

Whoa, that's a new one. She is in a car, and the car is buried in the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

On the corner of Bumfuk and You got a purdy mouth
    I think it's odd that he left for another country two days after her disapperance. I remember another case a while back where a man sold his house and moved to another state while his wife was missing. I knew right then he was guilty.

QLD Police are recovering skeletal remains discovered wedged between rocks underwater. My mate will probably work on this. We did forensic anthropology together at uni - she works for Queensland Police forensic services now.
    (eek. Hope this link works - I'm on mobile & it looks dodgy)

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/natio..._AGGS&cid=AGGS

Looked for updates & this girl looks a little more likely than Novy -

http://fssalerts.wordpress.com/tag/novy-chardon/

A GRIEVING family is praying a human bone found in the Seaway a day after what would have been their missing daughter’s 19th birthday means their girl can finally come home. Katelyn Hyland was just 16 when she disappeared during a beach swim at The Spit in 2012. Last week her family gathered for another sad birthday dinner without her but the next day a fisherman discovered a leg bone in 10m of water off the northern wall of the Seaway entrance

Links from the same page include :
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...t+bulletin_rss

Investigators stepped up their pursuit of the case earlier this month when they dug up a Mt Nathan backyard and discovered parts of a white F100 utility they believe could be linked to the case.

Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson said that the $250,000 reward offered by the State Government had generated some interest and possible new leads.

“There have been a number of Crime Stopper reports received since the notification of the reward and those matters are still being investigated now,” he said.

Det Supt Hutchinson said he could not elaborate on what those leads were, but said no major crime scenes were on the horizon.

A canopy, tray and piece of carpet from an F100 ute found after a three-day excavation operation at the Mt Nathan site are still being analysed.

It is hoped forensic scientists can find a link to Mrs Chardon and crack the case wide open.

The Upper Coomera mother-of-two’s husband, John Chardon, has been identified as a suspect by his own lawyer in court.

Mr Chardon has remained silent on the investigation.
    I'm sure I read about a buried car in another case but I haven't got a clue where??

Here are the reasons for the interest in the buried vehicle (this article also mentions involvement of a hitman - unusual in Australia outside of organised crime, I can only think of one domestic case - Megan? Kalacjic? in Sydney in the 80's)

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...t+bulletin_rss

UPDATED 2.30PM: POLICE have finished excavating a Mt Nathan property as part of an investigation into Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon’s disappearance, and will forensically examine several items.

Police found a tray, canopy and carpet belonging to a F100 white utility buried in the backyard of the Eden Park Court home.

They believe that particular model car was connected to Mrs Chardon’s disappearance because it was seen near her abandoned vehicle when it was found more than a year ago.

Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Procter said the items would be examined to determine whether it was the same car, but admitted not finding an entire vehicle was disappointing.

‘’We expected to find a lot more than we did,’’ he said.

‘’We get lucky sometimes, sometimes we don’t.

‘’We will be taking these parts away for scientific examination and hopefully that will progress our investigation.’’

Parts of a black utility found in the yard will also be examined.

Det Sen Sgt Procter said the home owners may face charges over the buried cars.

It is believed the ute is the same make and model as a Ford F100 vehicle seen in the area where Mrs Chardon’s abandoned car was found more than a year ago.

Police have stressed that they do not expect to find Mrs Chardon’s body in the backyard and the property’s owner is not being treated as a suspect in her disappearance.

MIDDAY: POLICE have revealed they are looking for a white utility as they dig up a Mt Nathan property in search of clues to Novy Chardon’s disappearance.

The excavators are back on site today and will continue working, while police are also intending to bring in radar equipment to help them locate the ute.

A white ute was seen near where Novy Chardon’s car was dumped in Bowden Ct, Nerang.

Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson this morning said that while car body parts were discovered at the address yesterday, they belong to a Nissan Navara and were not the vehicle they were looking for.

The radar is expected to arrive after lunch.

“The neighbours and the occupant of the house say that a white ute is buried there,” Det Sup Hutchinson said at a press conference.

The owner of the Mt Nathan home has visited the property with his lawyer today.

David Babbington refused to reveal why he was at the Eden Park Court home, but he was seen talking with detectives while watching the excavation work underway in his backyard.

After 20 minutes, he departed with his lawyer.

Less than an hour earlier, police had unearthed more car parts.

They have dug more than two metres below ground level in their search for a white utility seen near Mrs Chardon’s car around the time she went missing.

8.20AM: Detectives have returned to a Mt Nathan property where police are digging up the backyard for clues to the disappearance of a Gold Coast woman.

After receiving fresh information relating to the case of missing woman Novy Chardon this week, police began excavating the Eden Park Court home Tuesday night.

Excavation work was halted last night and is yet to resume for the day.

Uniformed police have been guarding the scene overnight and detectives arrived a short time ago.

Neighbours said they had not seen no signs of the home’s owners since they were asked to leave for at least three days on Tuesday.

OVERNIGHT: A hit man or hit men are believed to be involved in the murder of Novy Chardon — who disappeared 13 months ago today.

Sources close to the case told the Bulletin that police had received information recently, taking the investigation on a different course.

Suspicions that Mrs Chardon had been murdered and disposed of by up to three professional killers prompted police to raid a Mount Nathan home and dig up the backyard this week. It is understood police questioned a key figure in the case in the past few days.

Hours after they received fresh information about suspicious items buried deep in the backyard of the Eden Park Court home, owned by David Babbington and his partner Louise Winter, police were on the scene with an excavator.

Officers initially suspected an entire car might be hidden with Mrs Chardon’s body entombed inside.

But, after digging for more than 12 hours over two days, all they found were some car body parts, which appeared to belong to several stolen vehicles.

Last night Senior Sergeant Mark Proctor said the car parts would be forensically tested.

“We’ve pretty much dug up the whole backyard now,” he said.

“In different stages we’ve found remnants of a 4wd motor vehicle — pretty much the entire vehicle — and we’re continuing looking for any other vehicles.

“We were looking for a white vehicle and obviously this one’s black, however it may prove to be the vehicle were after.”

He admitted that it had not the result police had been hoping for.

“It’s a bit of a setback,” he said. “We were very confident, but we haven’t finished yet.”

“We won’t call it too early but we’ll continue to keep the crime scene overnight and we’ll re-evaluate in the morning at first light as to what we have and haven’t done.”

Neighbours said Mr Babbington carried out extensive renovations last year and was seen using an excavator to dig up the backyard about the time of Mrs Chardon’s disappearance.

“My son was riding on his digger while they were digging the holes,” neighbour Skot Biner said. “He was digging a spot, he was saying ‘a water tank is going here and a deck is going there’.

Neighbour Skot Biner speaks with media. Pic: David Clark Source: News Corp Australia

Another neighbour said he saw a shipping container in the backyard for up to eight months.

The couple live at the home with their four-year-old daughter but little else is known about the family.

Detective Superintendent Dave Hutchinson said the owner of the Mt Nathan home was known to Mrs Chardon’s husband, John.

“The male occupant of that house has met Mr Chardon in the past,” he said.

“This (search at Mt Nathan) has come about through our investigation into the death of Novy Chardon.”

Mr Babbington and his wife were ordered on Tuesday night to leave the property for three days after police declared it a crime scene.

High-profile lawyer Campbell MacCallum was called in to represent Mr Babbington when a search warrant was executed on Tuesday night.

Mr MacCallum visited the scene yesterday and said his client was innocent.

There are items of interest to the police (in the backyard), but not in relation to the investigation into the disappearance of Novy Chardon,” he said.

“(Mr Babbington) denies any knowledge of involvement in (her disappearance).”
    Last edited by blighted star; 04-26-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mariposa1369 View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/pradhika.pattisinai

I believe this to be her Mom's FB page.
    I'm not sure this is her mum? Novy was 37 when she went missing, I guess her mum might use another family member for a profile pic, but if it's her own pic, this lady looks too young to have a 38 yr old child? (I'm on some weird medication tonight though so my perception might be completely whacked)

ETA I'll add something useful, this fills out Novy's side of the story a little more. Despite her lubricant exporting husband's claims, she was not the type of person to just take off.

I had no idea he was claiming she came home at 10.30pm & disappeared from home during the night while he & her kids slept??

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...205-321xo.html

She would have been starting life as a single mother of two with a business of her own, content that the hard yards were behind her.

Just as Novy Chardon was moving on with her life, however, it was abruptly cut short.

The 34-year-old disappeared from her Upper Coomera home 12 months ago.

There has been no sign of her since and police believe she was murdered.

Thursday marks the anniversary of her disappearance.

On the afternoon of Wednesday, February 6, 2012, Ms Chardon visited her Gold Coast solicitor with a friend to discuss her divorce.

The decision to divorce was a mutual one, Ms Chardon’s husband of 11 years John Chardon says.

The pair met while Ms Chardon was working in guest relations at the Sheraton Hotel in Indonesia’s East Java province in 2001.

Thirty-one years her senior, Mr Chardon was in Indonesia on a business trip.

The Gold Coast businessman, who police say had been married four times previously, reportedly swept the 23-year-old Indonesian-born beauty off her feet. They were engaged within a month of meeting and married the following year.

But the relationship started to sour several years ago.

Her final movements

After meeting with her divorce lawyer, Ms Chardon dropped her friend home and went to collect her young son and daughter, aged seven and nine, from school.

Later that evening, Ms Chardon left her Bridie Drive home with her daughter and returned to her friend’s house. There, Ms Chardon began preparing her affidavit for the upcoming divorce proceedings.

At 8.50pm that evening, Ms Chardon dropped her daughter back home. She and her friend then drove to the BP station near Days Road, Upper Coomera, before stopping by the neighbouring McDonald’s drive-through.

CCTV cameras captured the last images of Ms Chardon, refuelling her car and ordering food, wearing red shorts and a grey shirt.

The two women then drove to a Thai restaurant at Runaway Bay, where the husband of Ms Chardon’s friend worked. The pair sat in the four-wheel-drive for some time, while Ms Chardon sent a text message to another friend about arrangements for a new website for her home-based beauty business.

She arrived home between 10.30pm and 11pm, according to her husband.

Mr Chardon says he woke about 7am on Thursday morning to find his wife missing.

At 8.45am, he booked flights for his two children to join him on a pre-planned business trip to Indonesia. ‘‘I couldn’t find her. I couldn’t leave them home alone,’’ he told Fairfax Media.

At 9.15 he made a trip to a Woolworths supermarket.

The next day, he boarded a plane for Indonesia with his daughter and son.

It was a friend of Ms Chardon’s from Sydney who reported the 34-year-old mother missing on Saturday, February 8.

Foul play

On Monday, February 11, Ms Chardon’s Volvo SUV was found abandoned near the Nerang train station on Bowden Court. The magnetic strips advertising her beauty business had been removed and her iPad was missing along with other personal belongings.

Mr Chardon stayed in Jakarta with his children, while police seized his car from Brisbane Airport and forensics police examined the family’s home.

Police spent nearly a week combing the house and the car, while SES volunteers searched nearby bushland.

Husband’s message

Speaking from Jakarta on February 11, Mr Chardon said he had only one message for his missing wife.

‘‘Tell her to get your stupid bloody arse home mate,’’ he told Ten News.

‘‘Haha, no just tell her she’s gotta come home.’’

He showed little concern that his home had become a crime scene.

‘‘That’s just normal ... all I’m worried about is the f---ing mess they’re going to make,’’ he said.

‘‘She’s done this sort of thing before, just not for such a long period.’’

He was more concerned when he spoke to Fairfax Media the following day.

‘‘I don’t want anything to happen to her,’’ Mr Chardon said. ‘‘I loved her very much. I still love her actually. Even though she can be difficult at times, I still love her.

‘‘We are very, very concerned for her - myself and the kids. We’re really pretty stressed out.’’

He went on to say: ‘‘My kids know the full story, because I don’t hide things from them right.’’

Police hunt

As their investigation gained momentum, police raided the head office of Mr Chardon’s Loganholme-based company Candan Industries, which exports the lubricant Inox worldwide. Computers and documents were seized, but police said it was all part of routine procedure.

Mr Chardon’s two adult daughters from a previous relationship, Angela and Candice, who are listed as directors of his company, were also questioned.

Members of the public reported seeing Ms Chardon’s Volvo travelling along Kopps Road, Oxenford, behind the Movie World theme park, on the night she vanished.

Police and SES volunteers scoured bushland surrounding the isolated road, but investigators now believe the vehicle that was seen was not Ms Chardon's.

Her Volvo was parked near the Nerang train station shortly before 2am on February 7, but it was moved the following night about 9pm.

Residents say the Volvo was driven away and then returned six minutes later and parked on the opposite side of the road.

Mr Chardon returned from Indonesia with his children more than two weeks after his wife disappeared.

The following week he was interviewed by detectives. Again, police said it was just routine procedure.

The next month, Mr Chardon was charged over unrelated matters. He is due to face trial in July this year.

Police say the historical charges are in no way linked to his wife’s disappearance.

Ms Chardon’s friends are planning to gather at the Runaway Bay Thai restaurant where they last saw her to raise a glass in her honour and pray for her return on Thursday.

Search continues

Gold Coast Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson said a team of homicide detectives was working solidly on the case.

‘‘We are of the view that more than one person was involved in the death of Novy and the disposal of her body,’’ he said.

‘‘She was excited in the days preceding her death. She expressed this excitement to her friends and was making arrangements to have a website built for her business as soon as the night before she disappeared.’’

Superintendent Hutchinson urged anyone with information to come forward.

‘‘If not for her sake, but for her children, so that they might have some closure,’’ he said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
    Last edited by blighted star; 04-26-2014 at 07:41 AM.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-1...-abuse/5673320

Chardon jailed on child sex offences

By Charmaine Kane
    Updated about 5 hours agoFri 15 Aug 2014, 5:10pm

PHOTO: John Chardon's wife Novy has been missing since early last year. (ABC TV News - file image)
    RELATED STORY: Husband of missing Gold Coast woman back in AustraliaRELATED STORY: Police find car parts buried in backyard in search for missing Gold Coast woman
    MAP: Southport 4215
    The husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon has been jailed for six years over child sex offences.

Last month, businessman John Chardon, 66, was convicted of six child sex charges, including rape, dating back to 1999.

Southport District Court was told the offences involved a family friend who was aged under 16.

Prosecutor Mark Whitbread said Chardon had planned and engaged in persistent predatory behaviour and shown no remorse.

Defence barrister Tony Kimmins told the court Chardon was the primary carer for his two younger children and his business and employees would suffer from his absence.

Judge Clive Wall imposed a sentence of six years in jail and recommended Chardon be eligible for parole after three years.

The judge told the court Chardon had demeaned, used and abused a family friend.

The director of the Gold Coast Centre Against Sexual Violence, Di McLeod, said she was impressed with some of Judge Wall's comments.

"Persistent and predatory, he said a number of times. I think he understood the issue of grooming," she said.

Chardon's wife Novy has been missing for more than 18 months.

The 34-year-old woman was reported missing from her Upper Coomera home in February last year.

In March this year, Police Minister Jack Dempsey posted a $250,000 reward for information about her disappearance.

The reward was offered shortly after police dug up the backyard of a home at Mount Nathan on the Gold Coast Hinterland and found parts of a white ute believed to be connected to Ms Chardon's disappearance.

John Chardon, 69, charged with the murder of his fifth wife

Millionaire businessman John Chardon, 69, charged with the murder of his fifth wife Novy, 34, who vanished three years ago

Police charged Gold Coast millionaire John Chardon with murder
    Police arrested the 69-year-old for allegedly killing his wife Novy, 34
    Missing mother of two vanished without a trace in 2013
    Novy Chardon was fifth wife of industrial lubricants millionaire

Police have charged Gold Coast millionaire John Chardon, 69, with the alleged murder of his 34-year-old wife Novy, who disappeared more than three years ago from the Mt Nathan mansion they shared.
    Chardon, a multi-millionaire industrial lubricants manufacturer, was handcuffed and taken into police custody after an investigation which included two separate searches for his fifth wife's remains.

He was charged with the murder of the mother of two and was to face the Brisbane Magistrates Court later on Friday.
    Detectives and forensic officers searched the Chardon mansion in the Gold Coast hinterland following her February 2013 disappearance and the publication of her last sighting, on CCTV in a Gold Coast service station ten minutes from her home.
    The search including unearthing a white vehicle police feared may have been buried below ground with the entombed woman's remains.
    In January last year, police divers searched dams on a Gold Coast property at Advancetown belonging to the mother of pop star Rikki Lee Coulter for the body of Ms Chardon.

During the first search of the Mt Nathan property, John Chardon was absent and overseas.
    Just two days after his wife disappeared, Chardon took their two young children on a pre-planned business trip to Indonesia. He has always maintained his innocence of her murder.

He remained overseas for several weeks and at the time said Mrs Chardon had gone missing before and denied playing any part in her disappearance, despite previously being named in court as the chief suspect.
    A major Liberal National party donor, John Chardon was once praised in the Queensland state parliament and was the principal of Candan Industries lubricant suppliers.

Police and about 50 SES volunteers made afuritlesds search in January 2015 of the Advancetown property, just 17km south of Chardon's former Mt Nathan home.
    Regional crime co-ordinator Superintendent Dave Hutchinson said at the time that the operation was a body search. 'We're searching for Novy's remains', he told the Gold Coast Bulletin.

Supt Hutchinson later said that no items of interest had been located, but the investigation would continue.
    'Although we came up empty-handed today, our determination to solve this case remains as strong as ever,' he said.
    After Ms Chardon vanished three years ago, her car was found dumped several suburbs away near Nerang Train Station.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4Boc2E8zw
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good. I hope they are able to make it stick in court. He is a disgusting piece of crap.

Finally. What a scumbag.

Peter Foster’s ‘smelly’ cellmate from 6/20

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...ee241ab660bf11

GLITTER Strip businessman John Chardon has not only been charged with his wife’s murder — he also stands accused of gross flatulence.

Chardon, 68, was arrested last Friday and charged with the murder of his wife Novy, who disappeared from their Upper Coomera home in February 2009.

It was revealed that notorious Coast conman Peter Foster, who was in jail last year over his latest slimming scam, had turned prison snitch to assist police in the investigation.

Foster and Chardon, who was also behind bars over other matters, shared a cell and the conman gave police investigating Novy’s disappearance a 50-page statement.

While the statement contains some serious material, Glitter Strip Bare hears it also includes some humorous observations from Foster, including a complaint that Chardon is a chronic farter.

We wonder if Foster, infamous for his slimming lotions and potions and accused of involvement in a sports betting scheme, might have a product for that particular problem too?
    --

I'm glad they nailed this fucker. I hope the charges stick! He's a gross, predatory, arrogant piece of shit. His original statements about "she better get her stupid, bloody ass home" really rubbed me the wrong way. I understand they were going through a divorce, but that just seems extremely callous no matter how you look at it.

Also, the theory that it might be hired hit-men absolutely fits in this story. He's loaded, he left on this pre booked business trip - perhaps so he could avoid all of the media scrutiny that he knew would be coming after this occurred? Just fishy as hell. Hope we hear they nail him sooner rather than later!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Thread Information