Thread: Cayla Babb - Died in her sleep. Semi- Solved - we need a COD.

Cayla Babb - Died in her sleep. Semi- Solved - we need a COD.

I am on a posting rampage today ladies. 

Cayla was from Knoxville, Tenn.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =41639382

BABB, CAYLA JO - age 24 of Knoxville, formerly of Lenoir City, passed away Tuesday, February 20, 2007. Cayla left her earthly home to join her grandfather, Seldon Bohanan, her grandfather and grandmother, Charlie and Hattie Babb and Uncle Bill in their Heavenly home. Left with broken hearts, but looking forward to joining her: loving parents, Charles and JoAnn Babb; her always loved and cherished brother and sister-in-law, Chuck and Darlene Babb; very special nephews, Josh of El Paso and McCauley; grandmother, Jo Bohanan; precious Uncle Larry and Aunt Punk, her mentor, Aunt Pat and Uncle Mike Lance, Aunt Wanda of Kentucky, pal, Bobby Bracken of Kentucky, Uncle Bud, Uncle Harvey and Jigger and Aunt Patsy; many wonderful cousins and friends; with special love to cousins, Michele Hall, Jennifer Smith, little brother cousin Justin Hall and her very special friends who loved her more than words can say, Kia V. and Donnie Jennings. Cayla did so much with her too short life; she served in the United State Coast Guard during 9/11, she was an EMT-IV with Rural Metro with whom she volunteered to help with Hurricane Katrina victims, and she was a phlebotomist with East TN Children's Hospital. Saying that she loved to help people does not begin to describe who Cayla was. Not a day went by in her life in which she was not trying to make another person smile. Those of us who had the great pleasure of truly knowing her will remember her smiling face and her warm loving heart. There was never something she was not willing to try. The family will receive friends from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Click Funeral Home, Lenoir City. Funeral services will follow at 3 p.m. with Rev. Richard Turbeville officiating. Entombment will follow in Lakeview Mausoleum with Full Military Honors conferred by VFW Post 5150 and American Legion Post 120, 70 and 256. Serving as pallbearers: Josh Babb, Michael Hall, Corey Frye, Ronnie Marney, Jamey Hall and Adam Schrimpsher. Click Funeral Home, Lenoir City is in charge of arrangements. www.clickfuneralhome.com.

http://www.legacy.com/KnoxNews/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=8657697 4

Re: Cayla Babb - Died Feb 20 2007

I almost hate posting these sometimes :|

Don't wanna lay in that bed.

I never really put my personal life out there for anyone else to see before.  I never understood why anyone would want to do that, but I guess when you're at your whit's end you will do anything to keep from losing it.  If you don't know, I lost my fiance Cayla two weeks ago today.  Last Friday was supposed to be our eight month anniversary- I spent it at her tomb.  From the moment I saw her last March I knew she was all I ever needed.  I was in a LONG term relationship (with a man no less) but as soon as I saw that gorgeous face and saw that gentle soul I knew there was nothing else in this world I needed.  We were engaged by September 1st.  She was amazing in every sense of the word.  She was a Coast Guard veteran, an EMT, she volunteered with Hurricane Katrina, she was at 9/11, she played soccer, football, drums, guitar- you name it she did it.  I told her everyday how how amazing she was.  She was so full of life- she filled me with life.  Everyday with her was a dream.  She was beautiful, smart, sexy, confident and could do absolutely anything she wanted to.  She taught me what it was to live, and she taught me who I was and that I shouldn't be afraid or ashamed of it.  Hell, she even got me to jump off a 20 foot cliff; but despite all this you guys she seemed to have no idea how great she was.  I tried I swear to God I tried to clue her in on how fucking amazing she was.  I told her EVERYDAY. 

She taught me what was really important.  We never got anything done because we were always laughing.  We never got anything done because I could not stop looking into her eyes wondering what the fuck it was she saw in me.  I'm scared shitless you guys.  When she died, every bit of confidence she instilled in me, every thread of life she breathed into me, it died too.  Everybody keeps telling me that they are here for me and I know they really mean it because everybody that ever knew her it seemed came out to her funeral but I swear to God I have never felt so alone in my whole life and it's terrifying. 

On Tuesday, February 20, 2007 I woke up at 12:11 pm.  I felt her holding me and I knew that we were supposed to get up a lot earlier so I rolled over to wake her up but when I saw her I knew something wasn't right.  She was gone.  She died so quietly I didn't even wake up.  She died holding me.  I died right along with her.  She always told me how wonderful I was and how much she loved me.  I said I would never ever take her for granted and thank God I really didn't.  The last thing I said to her before we fell asleep was that I loved her.  My life has been over since then. 

We were supposed to get married on September 1st.  We had our first child named- Jack, a boy.  We were going to get pregnant when I finished getting my master's and she became a flight medic.  I couldn't wait to see the love of my life carrying our child and the look on her face.  I told her all the time how I could not wait to rub her feet every night and rub her pregnant belly and go to mommy yoga classes with her and bicker over what color the nursery would be.  If you know me, you know this is the last thing you would expect me to say, but to tell you the truth this is what kills me the most.  I will never get to see that.  I will never get to get up in the middle of the night to get her mint chocolate chip ice cream or tell her how perfect and beautiful she was when she felt unattractive or hormonal.

Everyone kept telling me at the funeral how strong I was or how good I was doing.  This is a Kia thing.  The truth is I cry from the moment I wake up and realize that she is not there to the moment I lay down in that cold bed that used to be so soft and warm with her in it.  I keep waiting for her to roll over and put her arms around me or walk through the door with that smile on her face but I know it's not gonna happen.  I keep waiting to wake up from this nightmare but I know I won't.  I either can't sleep or I sleep all the time, I get so panicky that I throw up and frankly I don't know what to do anymore.  I work at the Forensic Center which is where they took her and I haven't been back since so I'm out of a job to boot.  I have an interview in 3 hours at FedEx where Donnie works- he has been there for me every step of the way.  We both have our moments.  Donnie's grandma raised him like a mom but I don't think he cried this much when she passed away a few years ago.  He called her his little sister.  If it weren't for him and Andrea and Anita and Sam I would have laid down and died already- God knows I tried. 

Anyway I'm gonna try and get some sleep.  I don't know what possessed me to spill my guts like this over the damn internet but I feel like if I don't say something I'm going to explode.  To all the people who have been there; to all the people who came out last Saturday for her and for her family and for me and Donnie: thank you from the depths of my soul.  You really don't know what it meant to me.  Any words of encouragement or advice you have please let me know because I'm drowning and do me this one favor: whoever you're with, if you truly love them, PLEASE look right into their eyes and tell them what they mean to you because you never know when they won't be there anymore.  I'm gonna try with every fiber of my being to do something meaningful with this hand I've been dealt.  I'm gonna try to do what Cayla everyday of her short wonderful life and help somebody- anybody.

Please don't forget about me guys.  I'm really really trying to make it but I can't do it without you all- and please pray for her mom because that woman is truly an angel and Cayla was her life.  Give me a call sometime if any of you feel like doing something.  And again thank you thank you thank you for being there.  I love you guys.   --Kia

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...55FB959F313782

That is such a beautiful blog.. 

There seems to have been an awful lot of people dying in their sleep lately.  I wonder what killed her?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=5807.msg242265#msg242265 date=1174432321]
    That is such a beautiful blog.. 

There seems to have been an awful lot of people dying in their sleep lately.  I wonder what killed her?
    [/quote]

I'm still looking on that.

From the few deaths I found today -- there's a good chance it would be an OD on methadone.  I've found more deaths from that today alone than any other days combined.

Re: Cayla Babb - Died in her sleep. Solved.

Do you think this is the same Cayla Babb?

Beth Galyon
    Beth and I had been friends since middle school but this year I found out what a true friend she was. I had a battle with depression before our Christmas vaction and had to be admitted into a hospital. When I came back to school I was really far behind and the chance of me graduating with my class was slim. Beth became my peer tutor in Algebra 2 and worked very hard for about 4weeks to get me caught back up. Finally came the task of taking my test. I took two and both were very low F's. She was devistated thinking that she was a failure and I knew I had let her down. My assistant principle called me into her office and said that I wasn't going to get to graduate because of my grade in Algebra 2. This lead to more depression, fights with my family, and eventually me leaving home. I had given up all hope. Beth talked to my teacher and she said that I had two weeks to learn the material and take the final. If I passed the final, I would pass her class, but if not then I would not graduate. I had already begun filling out my summer school forms when I was told the good news. We worked for two weeks, including before and after school and on weekends. Beth gave up everything, all the parties, all the going out with friends, everything that is exciting about your last two weeks of school just to help me. She told me that she would not stop until she saw me walk the aisle with my friends and her. Along with the class she talked to me about my family problems and encouraged me to go back home and be with my parents which I did and now we are closer then ever. Finally it was time to take the test. It took me two class periods but I worked through every problem. I had to wait to see what I made because that same day we were getting our caps and gowns and if I didn't pass, I would not be able to get mine. So after the test she went with me to get it graded. After all was said and done, I passed with an 85 (B). I am now not only graduating with my friends that I have grown up with but I am getting an honors diploma for having a 3.6. I also get to walk into graduation with none other then Beth Galyon, my gaurdian angel. If it were not for her, I would only be able to watch. Beth is now graduating in the top of our class and going to college to be a high school math teacher. She is deffiantly, my true hero.

Submitted by:
    Cayla Babb

http://www.yourtruehero.org/content/hero/view_hero.asp?1212

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=5807.msg242347#msg242347 date=1174434887]
    Do you think this is the same Cayla Babb?

Beth Galyon
    Beth and I had been friends since middle school but this year I found out what a true friend she was. I had a battle with depression before our Christmas vaction and had to be admitted into a hospital. When I came back to school I was really far behind and the chance of me graduating with my class was slim. Beth became my peer tutor in Algebra 2 and worked very hard for about 4weeks to get me caught back up. Finally came the task of taking my test. I took two and both were very low F's. She was devistated thinking that she was a failure and I knew I had let her down. My assistant principle called me into her office and said that I wasn't going to get to graduate because of my grade in Algebra 2. This lead to more depression, fights with my family, and eventually me leaving home. I had given up all hope. Beth talked to my teacher and she said that I had two weeks to learn the material and take the final. If I passed the final, I would pass her class, but if not then I would not graduate. I had already begun filling out my summer school forms when I was told the good news. We worked for two weeks, including before and after school and on weekends. Beth gave up everything, all the parties, all the going out with friends, everything that is exciting about your last two weeks of school just to help me. She told me that she would not stop until she saw me walk the aisle with my friends and her. Along with the class she talked to me about my family problems and encouraged me to go back home and be with my parents which I did and now we are closer then ever. Finally it was time to take the test. It took me two class periods but I worked through every problem. I had to wait to see what I made because that same day we were getting our caps and gowns and if I didn't pass, I would not be able to get mine. So after the test she went with me to get it graded. After all was said and done, I passed with an 85 (B). I am now not only graduating with my friends that I have grown up with but I am getting an honors diploma for having a 3.6. I also get to walk into graduation with none other then Beth Galyon, my gaurdian angel. If it were not for her, I would only be able to watch. Beth is now graduating in the top of our class and going to college to be a high school math teacher. She is deffiantly, my true hero.

Submitted by:
    Cayla Babb

http://www.yourtruehero.org/content/hero/view_hero.asp?1212
    [/quote]

I'm sure it is...Cayla Babb is no Sara Jones. 

I'm loving the non generic names today!

Re: Cayla Babb - Died in her sleep. Semi- Solved - we need a COD.

The blog was so sad. It brought a tear to my eye. 
    I would really like to know how she died, it's scary to think she died this suddenly in her sleep.

RIP Cayla

Thread Information