Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you hate the south? ( southerners not welcome)

OH ronald, I KNOW NOW. trust me. i know we are the most densely populated state in the US. in fact, at the time i was teaching in Jersey City:
    town: metro area: state: population: Area: population density:
    Jersey City New York City New Jersey 240,055 14.92 16,093.7

meanwhile THIS is where i was at:

People: Montezuma, NM United States
    Population: 14
    Pop. Density: 1 per square mile.

HOW IS THAT EVEN REAL???

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    OH ronald, I KNOW NOW. trust me. i know we are the most densely populated state in the US. in fact, at the time i was teaching in Jersey City:
    town: metro area: state: population: Area: population density:
    Jersey City New York City New Jersey 240,055 14.92 16,093.7

meanwhile THIS is where i was at:

People: Montezuma, NM United States
    Population: 14
    Pop. Density: 1 per square mile.

HOW IS THAT EVEN REAL???
    No clue!

This is why I can't grasp a person (ONE PERSON!) owning acreage. I mean WHY does anyone need that much, unless you're growing something.

That's literally so much property that unless it's patrolled, someone else could be living on it and you wouldn't even know.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

youre talking to the person, that on the way to this place was like - what the fuck does anyone do with all this empty space..... own it, rent it, sell it,.....

apparently it belongs to NO-ONE. no one - its just wilderness.

oh and in Sante Fe, it was $5 to buy gel but $4 to buy salmon.. just strange to me.

youre talking to the person, that on the way to this place was like - what the fuck does anyone do with all this empty space..... own it, rent it, sell it,.....

apparently it belongs to NO-ONE. no one - its just wilderness.

oh and in Sante Fe, it was $5 to buy gel but $4 to buy salmon.. just strange to me.
    I seriously don't understand what this means.

One good thing about large property is privacy. That would be the only reason I would like it.

Most of New Mexico is a barren wasteland where literally they dump nuclear waste.

I have a lot more distaste for the midwest/the farm lands of America than the South. The most backwoods ass racist shithole I've ever been to was backwoods Pennsylvania.

I'm not wearing any pants
    Iv'e never been out of new england so i can't really judge.
    I hear lots of things but can't always believe shit. I really would not want to be anywhere else.

Idiots live everywhere. I lived in New York City and saw swastikas and met more active Nazis than I've ever had in my entire life.

Most of New Mexico is a barren wasteland where literally they dump nuclear waste.

I have a lot more distaste for the midwest/the farm lands of America than the South. The most backwoods ass racist shithole I've ever been to was backwoods Pennsylvania.
    Yep, except it's North Dakota for me. Never in my life have I met more closed-minded, racist, backwoods people than I have when we lived in ND ('09-'10).

see: does not surprise me at all.

I will agree with you on PA. when i was 16, me and my family took a trip to dorney park. There was 3 cars of us. In PA, we got off route 80 to get gas.
    my mom walked over to an attendant and asked how to get to dorkey park from there. My mom has an accent but speaks and understands english fine. The fucking attendant goes - "cant you read you fucking spic"
    HOLY SHIT, we were stunned. he walked away and we just stood there like,.... did he just say that shit. He was referring to a little sign that was up further from where we stopped with the cars that said what exit was for dorney park.

my mom and i just walked back to the cars and she said not to say anything to my uncles because it would ruin our fun filled day, and that we should let that man live in that moment alone with his hate.
    my uncles would have straight rearranged that man's face. but we just went to dorney park and had an awesome time.

I will agree with you on PA. when i was 16, me and my family took a trip to dorney park. There was 3 cars of us. In PA, we got off route 80 to get gas.
    my mom walked over to an attendant and asked how to get to dorkey park from there. My mom has an accent but speaks and understands english fine. The fucking attendant goes - "cant you read you fucking spic"
    HOLY SHIT, we were stunned. he walked away and we just stood there like,.... did he just say that shit. He was referring to a little sign that was up further from where we stopped with the cars that said what exit was for dorney park.

my mom and i just walked back to the cars and she said not to say anything to my uncles because it would ruin our fun filled day, and that we should let that man live in that moment alone with his hate.
    my uncles would have straight rearranged that man's face. but we just went to dorney park and had an awesome time.
    I remember this story. Yea, good call not mentioning it to your uncles. REALLY good call. I'm gonna assume that wouldn't have gone over well with them. Haha.

Yea, west of Philly it's definitely Pennsyltucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I remember this story. Yea, good call not mentioning it to your uncles. REALLY good call. I'm gonna assume that wouldn't have gone over well with them. Haha.

Yea, west of Philly it's definitely Pennsyltucky.
    oh oh, ive been having the feeling ive been repeating myself. hahaha

one thing about new mexico that made me want to kill myself and everyone else there:
    submarine showers.

ever heard of it? apparently the water came from springs and all these teachers at this convention was just too much for montezuma to handle. after all, we mustve quintupled their population by being there. Well, the water never really got warm, and you had to turn it off between activities - like turn it on, wet hair, turn it off, shampoo, turn it on, rinse, turn it off, soap up, turn it on, rinse,... ect.
    what a fucking nightmare. The showers were communal - like a gym, so people knew if you left the water running, and i was that asshole. OH and the water gave me a rash. good times.

oh oh, ive been having the feeling ive been repeating myself. hahaha

one thing about new mexico that made me want to kill myself and everyone else there:
    submarine showers.

ever heard of it? apparently the water came from springs and all these teachers at this convention was just too much for montezuma to handle. after all, we mustve quintupled their population by being there. Well, the water never really got warm, and you had to turn it off between activities - like turn it on, wet hair, turn it off, shampoo, turn it on, rinse, turn it off, soap up, turn it on, rinse,... ect.
    what a fucking nightmare. The showers were communal - like a gym, so people knew if you left the water running, and i was that asshole. OH and the water gave me a rash. good times.
    Member since Jan 2007, and me since August 2006. It happens.

That place sounds like Hell. Seriously, I don't have a problem with splitting. Not one bit. Let them have their red-state, Creationism teaching, anti-science, no abortion having, retard executing, anti-gay marriage, no health care, no welfare/assistance (for minorities that is, lulz), gun-fest, and keep me out of it.

Member since Jan 2007, and me since August 2006. It happens.

That place sounds like Hell. Seriously, I don't have a problem with splitting. Not one bit. Let them have their red-state, Creationism teaching, anti-science, no abortion having, retard executing, anti-gay marriage, no health care, no welfare/assistance (for minorities that is, lulz), gun-fest, and keep me out of it.
    lol New Mexico has been democrat the last few elections and has a very liberal governor. And Santa Fe is like the lesbian capitol of America.

lol New Mexico has been democrat the last few elections and has a very liberal governor. And Santa Fe is like the lesbian capitol of America.
    Huh? Oh, I confuse it with Arizona. Haha, like it matters. Both hot, both I'll never see.

But I meant the south in general, not New Mexico. Oh, and the midwest cause that's the south (to me) as well.

Huh? Oh, I confuse it with Arizona. Haha, like it matters. Both hot, both I'll never see.

But I meant the south in general, not New Mexico. Oh, and the midwest cause that's the south (to me) as well.
    It's snowing in New Mexico right now. And New Mexico is in the Southwest, not the midwest or the south. Get a map, geez.

It's snowing in New Mexico right now. And New Mexico is in the Southwest, not the midwest or the south. Get a map, geez.
    Huh? When did I say that shit was in the midwest?

Snowing? I call bullshit.

Why do you have such a hard on for the south anyway? This is about why it sucks.

For starters, I've been there. But as for New Mexico, my mom lives in Santa Fe so I get a regular weather update. And I used to live there.

For starters, I've been there. But as for New Mexico, my mom lives in Santa Fe so I get a regular weather update. And I used to live there.
    Oh yea. That's right. Well the state as a whole doesn't suck as bad as the rest of them, but the pocket Zo was in is what I imagine a lot of it is like.

This is a south bashing thread though, so it's funny to see you defend it. But you did shit on the midwest, so high five.

Yeah, fuck the midwest.

I'm not wearing any pants
    So , did the movie deliverance really hit it? Just curious?

Recognize this bitches.

.. I would retire in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

I want to retire in Montana!!

I've seen states listed as being southern in this thread that I have never thought of as southern states.

I went to a school event a few weeks ago. A parent asks me if I'm from the south. I told her yes. Then she asks "which part of Kentucky are you from?"
    In Ohio, they only think Kentucky people are southern. They forget about the few states up under KY.

Also, when I tell people I'm from Louisiana they always asks these 2 questions 1. Were you in Katarina? 2. Why in the hell did you move to shitty Ohio?

Oh, just to keep with the thread------I hate mosquitoes in the south. They suck. They are seriously the state bird.

The humidity is the dev-il. I had the misfortune of staying in Mississippi for 3 weeks in the dead of July, worst experience ever. It boggled my mind that I would go outside and feel like I stepped in a sauna yet it was only in the low 90's and felt like 110. Also just because it weirded me out, the fact you could buy sweet tea ANYWHERE. Chinese Restaurant, sweet tea, bar, sweet tea, car dealership, sweet tea. I thought I was going to go into a diabetic coma just looking at all the sweet tea.

Thread Information