Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you hate the south? ( southerners not welcome)

I lived in Western New York and it was exactly like Deliverance.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
    The humidity is the dev-il. I had the misfortune of staying in Mississippi for 3 weeks in the dead of July, worst experience ever. It boggled my mind that I would go outside and feel like I stepped in a sauna yet it was only in the low 90's and felt like 110. Also just because it weirded me out, the fact you could buy sweet tea ANYWHERE. Chinese Restaurant, sweet tea, bar, sweet tea, car dealership, sweet tea. I thought I was going to go into a diabetic coma just looking at all the sweet tea.
    It bugs me out that all of you people have firsthand stories. I hate the place, but from a distance. I've never been.

And yea, 90 may as well be 110 here as well. Fuck summer. FUCK SUMMER! FUCK SUMMER!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I love that you utilize the same xenophobic attitude that people use to justify racism. 'I DON'T KNOW IT SO I KNOW I DON'T LIKE IT'

I love that you utilize the same xenophobic attitude that people use to justify racism. 'I DON'T KNOW IT SO I KNOW I DON'T LIKE IT'
    No, what I know is what I don't like!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Oh yea. That's right. Well the state as a whole doesn't suck as bad as the rest of them, but the pocket Zo was in is what I imagine a lot of it is like.

This is a south bashing thread though, so it's funny to see you defend it. But you did shit on the midwest, so high five.
    It wasnt the actual state of New Mexico that i had a problem with - it was the fucking teachers from Tennessee, kentucky and oklahoma, all those places, that area. UGH. so unfriendly and judgmental.

and it was actually chilly when i went. It was the end of June and only low 70s in the day and dropped into the 40/50's at night.

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
    Recognize this bitches.

lol, thats because everything is insanely expensive up north and retirees cant afford to live around here.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I want to retire in Montana!!

I've seen states listed as being southern in this thread that I have never thought of as southern states.

I went to a school event a few weeks ago. A parent asks me if I'm from the south. I told her yes. Then she asks "which part of Kentucky are you from?"
    In Ohio, they only think Kentucky people are southern. They forget about the few states up under KY.

Also, when I tell people I'm from Louisiana they always asks these 2 questions 1. Were you in Katarina? 2. Why in the hell did you move to shitty Ohio?

Oh, just to keep with the thread------I hate mosquitoes in the south. They suck. They are seriously the state bird.
    DUDE! Have you noticed the mosquitoes here in Ohio? They've mutated and they are HUGE! I had one, the size of a hummingbird, in my garage back in December/January (when we were having those 70-80 degree days).

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

oh and i just wanted to add that i had the opportunity to go to Santa Fe and it was gorgeous. I did like it. It was the second day there and I unfortunately walked around all by my lonesome because shitheads werent friendly.
    I sat at an outdoor cafe and had lunch - and sat by a fountain, took pics, bought an arrow and some hot sauce for my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    It wasnt the actual state of New Mexico that i had a problem with - it was the fucking teachers from Tennessee, kentucky and oklahoma, all those places, that area. UGH. so unfriendly and judgmental.

and it was actually chilly when i went. It was the end of June and only low 70s in the day and dropped into the 40/50's at night.
    Ahhhh, makes a lot more sense now. I'm getting it.
    This weather thing is a revelation though. End of June is warmer than that here.

lol, thats because everything is insanely expensive up north and retirees cant afford to live around here.
    Ha, right??

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    DUDE! Have you noticed the mosquitoes here in Ohio? They've mutated and they are HUGE! I had one, the size of a hummingbird, in my garage back in December/January (when we were having those 70-80 degree days).
    What the bloody donkey fuck? Holy shit, I'm never evarrrr going up there.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    What the bloody donkey fuck? Holy shit, I'm never evarrrr going up there.
    Well, to be fair, hummingbirds are small, but this mosquito was fucking HUGE. It's legs just dangled in the air as it buzzed around me. Gross and scary, dude. I was scared to swat it with my hand because I was afraid it could actually bite it and do damage.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Big mosquitos are males, they dont feed from animals. Female mosquitos are small and feed on blood. Its not the big ones you need to be afraid of....

I've never seen a mosquito this big before. What do the males do?

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I've never seen a mosquito this big before. What do the males do?
    clearly they weight lift.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    clearly they weight lift.

For real That thing was legit scary. It took me several minutes to figure out what it was.

Arkansas has mosquitoes so big they have ticks on them. They are the biggest I've seen. Texas has big mosquitoes too. When I moved down here, we stopped in Arkansas during the summer, when I got out I felt them on my legs so thick like a wool blanket wrapped around my calves.

It bugs me out that all of you people have firsthand stories. I hate the place, but from a distance. I've never been.

And yea, 90 may as well be 110 here as well. Fuck summer. FUCK SUMMER! FUCK SUMMER!
    Unfortunately I have experience with many shitty places. I can handle dry heat, (I live in the dead of California oil fields and our Summers get up to 114 no problem) that humid heat though just kills me, I hate the "moist" feeling. I can also do without New Mexico as well, I hate that entire state. When we travel cross county I make sure to drive straight thru and never stop once in it.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Arkansas has mosquitoes so big they have ticks on them. They are the biggest I've seen. Texas has big mosquitoes too. When I moved down here, we stopped in Arkansas during the summer, when I got out I felt them on my legs so thick like a wool blanket wrapped around my calves.

Making strides! Welcome to 2013!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ool-dance.html

Wilcox County Reacts to First Integrated Prom
    Clinton Bourgeois

Story Updated: Apr 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM EDT
    Rochelle City Councilman Wayne McGuinty says the Wilcox County High School's segregated prom is not an accurate representation of his community.

"I think it's more of the personal opinions of those involved," said McGuinty. "I don't think there is an effort made to keep black kids out of the white prom and to keep white kids out of the black prom."

The parents, not the school system, handle the proms. If one prom is what they agree upon, then one prom would be held. He says it's just the way things have been here for years.

McGuinty says he remembers there were three proms when he was a student.

"They couldn't agree if they wanted a live band or a DJ, so there were two white proms that year," said McGuinty.

McGuinty says he sees a close knit community that does not have a faction trying to divide it. He's also the press announcer for all of the school's football games and said the two separate homecoming courts that was previously reported is not applicable today.

"That was a long time ago when schools were first integrated, that was done."

"If we can have a campfire together, with the blacks and whites together, why can't we go to prom together?" state Khadija Childs, a senior at Wilcox County High School.

Childs was part of this past homecoming court and also says there have always been one court. She says at school, all the students usually get along, that's until the prom came up.

"It's a few that's trying to make it look bad for the rest," said Childs. "Then everybody want to fight each other and call each other out their names and make a big deal about it."

She also says the arguing comes from both sides.

"They were like 'Khadija you're not living up to your race', I was like 'well I love the white people just like I love all the blacks."

Childs did say things may get a little ugly if someone shows up to the wrong prom. McGuinty says he believes it can be a case of teenagers being teenagers.

"It could have been possible that one certain clique didn't want somebody there where they were at, regardless of race or who they were," said McGuinty.

WGXA did speak with one member of the school board. He says he cannot speak for all members but he wants the board to keep clear of prom because of liability issues.

The school does host a Military Ball that is integrated.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Wait, some places here in 'Murica still have segregated proms? Wow. Yes, we still live in the Land of the Assholes. As bad as my area may appear to me sometimes, I am hella glad I grew up in a mixed race environment. Ignorant people, that is, those of any race, creed or color who can be so obtuse and unaccepting of another simply because of the color of their skin just really get on my last fucking nerve. Those people need more than a
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

in new mexico, i went on a tour of some town near where i stayed and i was shocked when they said "proudly" that their schools were integrated in 2001. Mexicans went to one school and whites went to another school.
    i nearly fell over, i even asked the guide to repeat it. i felt like i was in a movie.

my mom moved to california when she was 19 from texas - from a tiny town of 75 ppl, she said what shocked her most (besides escalators) is that lincolns b-day was a holiday - she never moved back

Making strides! Welcome to 2013!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ool-dance.html

Wilcox County Reacts to First Integrated Prom
    Clinton Bourgeois

Story Updated: Apr 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM EDT
    Rochelle City Councilman Wayne McGuinty says the Wilcox County High School's segregated prom is not an accurate representation of his community.

"I think it's more of the personal opinions of those involved," said McGuinty. "I don't think there is an effort made to keep black kids out of the white prom and to keep white kids out of the black prom."

The parents, not the school system, handle the proms. If one prom is what they agree upon, then one prom would be held. He says it's just the way things have been here for years.

McGuinty says he remembers there were three proms when he was a student.

"They couldn't agree if they wanted a live band or a DJ, so there were two white proms that year," said McGuinty.

McGuinty says he sees a close knit community that does not have a faction trying to divide it. He's also the press announcer for all of the school's football games and said the two separate homecoming courts that was previously reported is not applicable today.

"That was a long time ago when schools were first integrated, that was done."

"If we can have a campfire together, with the blacks and whites together, why can't we go to prom together?" state Khadija Childs, a senior at Wilcox County High School.

Childs was part of this past homecoming court and also says there have always been one court. She says at school, all the students usually get along, that's until the prom came up.

"It's a few that's trying to make it look bad for the rest," said Childs. "Then everybody want to fight each other and call each other out their names and make a big deal about it."

She also says the arguing comes from both sides.

"They were like 'Khadija you're not living up to your race', I was like 'well I love the white people just like I love all the blacks."

Childs did say things may get a little ugly if someone shows up to the wrong prom. McGuinty says he believes it can be a case of teenagers being teenagers.

"It could have been possible that one certain clique didn't want somebody there where they were at, regardless of race or who they were," said McGuinty.

WGXA did speak with one member of the school board. He says he cannot speak for all members but he wants the board to keep clear of prom because of liability issues.

The school does host a Military Ball that is integrated.
    Fucker, you beat me to it.

Yea, I get that The South has some cool cities. They also have fucking NASA. I get that outside of metropolis cities everywhere hillbillies and racists overflow (except Arizona where the entire land overflows with racists and hillbillies), but this is just crazy. These types of stories don't happen outside of The South. So while I appreciate parts of The South, I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Fucker, you beat me to it.

Yea, I get that The South has some cool cities. They also have fucking NASA. I get that outside of metropolis cities everywhere hillbillies and racists overflow (except Arizona where the entire land overflows with racists and hillbillies), but this is just crazy. These types of stories don't happen outside of The South. So while I appreciate parts of The South, I get it.
    Yes! This sums it up! Perfect!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/0...ed-prom-dance/

Though the Supreme Court ruled racial segregation unconstitutional in 1954, parents in a town in Georgia have ensured the doctrine of “separate but equal” survived at prom dances.

But that could all change. Students at Wilcox County High School in south Georgia have organized the school’s very first racially integrated prom, which will be held on April 27.

“We live in rural south Georgia, where not too many things change,” they wrote on a Facebook page they created. “Well, as a group of adamant high school seniors, we want to make a difference in our community. For the first time in the history of our county, we plan to have an integrated prom.”

When the school was integrated 30 years ago, it ended its annual prom and parents began sponsoring their own private dances for students. The prom and homecoming dances have been segregated ever since.

A biracial student tried to attend an all-white prom last year. The incident resulted in the student being turned away and police being called.

“I actually put up posters for the integrated prom and we’ve had people ripping them down at the school,” Keela Bloodworth, one of the organizers of the integrated prom, told local news station WSFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

I always wonder if the people there think this shit is normal and goes on everywhere, or if they realize that the rest of the country doesn't own slaves anymore.

I mean I honestly don't know what's worse.

"Oh, that's just part of our tradition. But you have to separate whites and non-whites. Y'all can do whatever you like up there"
    or
    "Huh? You mean y'all go to proms with Negroes and Whites dancing together? You gotta be lyin'! That's crazy!"

Thread Information