Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 272

Thread: Elisa Lam (21) was found dead in a hotel water tank after being missing for 19 days

  1. #176
    fun hater Shins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    13,591
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Ew, thank you for not posting. I have a very graphic mental image as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

  2. #177
    Moderator nestlequikie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nunavut
    Posts
    10,058
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Ew, thank you for not posting. I have a very graphic mental image as is.
    Some things can not be unseen.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

  3. #178
    Senior Member Freaktab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    11885057
    The whole idea of the body in the water tank is pretty foul, especially when you consider the body was found AT THE BOTTOM of the tank. Bodies will float for quite a while because of escaping gases, so if it was found at the bottom and it was interfering with water pressure. Uhhh, yuck!

    There has been an outbreak of TB here in the Los Angeles are and it has hit the transient population pretty hard. As this hotel is smack in the middle of scary transient central, many of the residents may be infected. The name for the TB test is the Lam Elisa.... Yep, the official test is the reverse name of the victim!

    Bring on the conspiracy theories!

  4. #179
    Senior Member So and So's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    492538
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaktab View Post
    The whole idea of the body in the water tank is pretty foul, especially when you consider the body was found AT THE BOTTOM of the tank. Bodies will float for quite a while because of escaping gases, so if it was found at the bottom and it was interfering with water pressure. Uhhh, yuck!

    There has been an outbreak of TB here in the Los Angeles are and it has hit the transient population pretty hard. As this hotel is smack in the middle of scary transient central, many of the residents may be infected. The name for the TB test is the Lam Elisa.... Yep, the official test is the reverse name of the victim!

    Bring on the conspiracy theories!
    Omg, it totally is! That is crazytown!!

  5. #180
    Administrator Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    26,949
    Rep Power
    21474878
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaktab View Post
    The whole idea of the body in the water tank is pretty foul, especially when you consider the body was found AT THE BOTTOM of the tank. Bodies will float for quite a while because of escaping gases, so if it was found at the bottom and it was interfering with water pressure. Uhhh, yuck!

    There has been an outbreak of TB here in the Los Angeles are and it has hit the transient population pretty hard. As this hotel is smack in the middle of scary transient central, many of the residents may be infected. The name for the TB test is the Lam Elisa.... Yep, the official test is the reverse name of the victim!
    Bring on the conspiracy theories!
    Has this been reported in the press?

  6. #181
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,653
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Re the TB tests name conversation above
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Has this been reported in the press?
    I definitely read it somewhere in the week or so the elavator video was going viral, but I can't remember whether it was on MDS or an obscure blog. This whole story just kind of intrigued me because it's had so many game links & other kinds of crazy - like the TB test.

    Hell maybe some delusional person saw her name & made the connection & decided she was an agent of evil? THAT is a way I could see the conspiracy thing having some merit.

    I've even been checking Chinese chat sites after seeing that giant quote from WS (noooo sadly I can't speak Mandarin or Cantonese AT ALL, just hoping to get lucky & find a reference in English) but havn't done it for about a month, so will have a look around later maybe..
    Last edited by blighted star; 12-12-2018 at 10:26 PM.

  7. #182
    Senior Member Freaktab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    11885057
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Has this been reported in the press?
    I read it in a local thread here in LA.... Let me see if I can find it and I will link.

    I gotta say, it was a creep moment, especially with all the hush hush in this case.

  8. #183
    Senior Member Freaktab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    11885057
    Okay, here is the link. It talks about the girl's death is not "officially" linked to the TB outbreak, but then how the test for TB is actually called the Lam Elisa test.

    Tell me that is creep-tastic!

    http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpre...ederal-effort/

  9. #184
    Senior Member animosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,558
    Rep Power
    21474863
    Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay

    general name for many immune deficiency screening.

    http://www.mmrp.org/projects/clinica...detection.html

    tb is always around in the homeless population. she just happened to pick a hotel on skid row.



    ETA: The LAM-ELISA detects lipoarabinomannan.

    whew! mystery solved.
    Last edited by animosity; 05-13-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

  10. #185
    Senior Member SuchAClassicGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    21474847
    I'm leaning towards the theories that a) someone dosed her and b) perhaps she crawled in hiding or "playing" and couldn't get out (but she had to have the set of keys to get up there right?) or c) an person with access to the keys killed her and hid her body. A combination of a and c could also have occurred as well

    I'm also interested in a possible TB/Alien (ok I made that part up) conspiracy though, as well

  11. #186
    Senior Member poppy213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,313
    Rep Power
    5560036
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I'm leaning towards the theories that a) someone dosed her and b) perhaps she crawled in hiding or "playing" and couldn't get out (but she had to have the set of keys to get up there right?) or c) an person with access to the keys killed her and hid her body. A combination of a and c could also have occurred as well

    I'm also interested in a possible TB/Alien (ok I made that part up) conspiracy though, as well
    A man went to the hotel and video taped the area and the routes to the roof. Since it was in Chinese here is a translation/breakdown.

    How close can you get to the water tank?

    First, he goes to the fire escape which is open and can be accessed to reach the top floor without any problems. However, it is dangerous and had someone actually carried Elisa up there, it would have been extremely difficult for them. Second, the pathway that can only be accessed by employees is locked off and sets off an alarm. The narrator proceeds to climb up the fire exit to reach the top and from there, it looks shockingly easy to access the water tanks, especially as there is a stairway and building to its side from which you can jump off.





    Again, I was surprised at how easy it was to reach the top through the fire escape. The guy just went up there and there was no security. The video ends on that note (major props to FilmTransformer for doing this)
    *from Blighted stars earlier link.

    "Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

  12. #187
    Moderator bowieluva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    65,553
    Rep Power
    21474916
    I've broken into tons of rooftop pools in L.A via fire escapes. Not hard to gain access at all.

  13. #188
    Senior Member SuchAClassicGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Posts
    2,272
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Honestly, she looks like she's tripping balls in that video...

  14. #189
    Senior Member Freaktab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    11885057
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I've broken into tons of rooftop pools in L.A via fire escapes. Not hard to gain access at all.
    I agree, but jumping in the pool or sneaking on the roof is a lot different than getting in the tank butt-ass nekkid.

    I think she could have gotten up there easy, but all the other shit is crazy. I gotta say, that hotel is a fucking dive and her being there alone, cruising around that neighborhood, not knowing anyone or where she is going?

    That part seems really odd to me. I know she was young, but that area is way sketch.... Was she that unaware?

  15. #190
    Moderator bowieluva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    65,553
    Rep Power
    21474916
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaktab View Post
    I agree, but jumping in the pool or sneaking on the roof is a lot different than getting in the tank butt-ass nekkid.

    I think she could have gotten up there easy, but all the other shit is crazy. I gotta say, that hotel is a fucking dive and her being there alone, cruising around that neighborhood, not knowing anyone or where she is going?

    That part seems really odd to me. I know she was young, but that area is way sketch.... Was she that unaware?
    Meh, that part of downtown L.A is really hit or miss. Some blocks are like mURDER ZONE HELL and others are tons of pedestrians wandering around art galleries. My old roommate lives a block from that hotel and walks everywhere.

    And the hotel is really deceptive. It looks nice from the outside/the lobby.

  16. #191
    Senior Member Freaktab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    11885057
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Meh, that part of downtown L.A is really hit or miss. Some blocks are like mURDER ZONE HELL and others are tons of pedestrians wandering around art galleries. My old roommate lives a block from that hotel and walks everywhere.

    And the hotel is really deceptive. It looks nice from the outside/the lobby.
    I live in West LA and have spent some time over there, so I completely agree. But, walking around there, you gotta have some idea where to walk.... This poor girl seemed like an ideal victim- alone, unaware and unfamiliar with her surroundings.

    It is just a very sad story and how they found her.... Eeeeekk

  17. #192
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,653
    Rep Power
    21474856

    what is mop? this is creepy if it's real

    The link I posted earlier, from the author's blog (where Poppy got the pix from) has had some new information added to the coments section 18hrs ago. Someone has posted a screenshot of a chinese language fb page & a post made on 18 Feb at 17:14:58 that says

    "Elisa Lam is in hotel water tank, seems nolife,hurry up ( to find her )."

    I copied the post exactly as it appears. To see it follow the original link to the author's page, scroll right to the bottom for the comments, then click the fb link the poster has added. Can anyone post a screenshot? My tablet just won't let me do some things.
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-13-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: ridiculous number of typo's

  18. #193
    Senior Member blighted star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Probably South Of You
    Posts
    11,653
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Sorry all, I found a pen .. so I can post the link now, it is -

    http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...sa-lam-updates

  19. #194
    Senior Member Freaktab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    11885057
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay

    general name for many immune deficiency screening.

    http://www.mmrp.org/projects/clinica...detection.html

    tb is always around in the homeless population. she just happened to pick a hotel on skid row.



    ETA: The LAM-ELISA detects lipoarabinomannan.

    whew! mystery solved.
    What is interesting here, though, is that the strain of TB is unique to this outbreak in a relatively small area in LA. This area happens to be right around the hotel where Elisa Lam was found. They are estimating over 4000 people have been exposed. It has become a big concern, not just for the transient population, but for many others.

  20. #195
    Senior Member Ruthven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    9439057
    As others mentioned earlier, it reminding them of the remake of Dark Water(for me I thought of the original asian one which I personally liked better) that's the first thing that ran through my mind when I read the thread title. I was already feeling this creepy haunting scared sort of feeling. Then I watched the freakin' elevator vid and it's like woah.
    I've almost been listening to Silent Hill 2 video game OST for added effect as I read through the thread.

  21. #196
    Senior Member Ruthven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    9439057
    ^ Oh jeez, I meant also not almost.

  22. #197
    dimedropper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,421
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Maybe he's a fit 89 year old like the blender-fitness dude who passed a while back? His name is slipping my mind.
    yea jack la lainne killed her

  23. #198
    dimedropper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,421
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    From what I've read, they aren't sure what the risk will be but between you and me, my doctor told me that apart from being disgusting and emotionally traumatizing, a dead body doesn't pose a biohazards threat.

    Also: ""The water did have a funny taste," Sabrina Baugh told CNN on Wednesday. She and her husband used the water for eight days. ""The shower was awful," she said. "When you turned the tap on, the water was coming black first for two seconds and then it was going back to normal."

    WTF. I mean, body or no, I would check out of a hotel where the water was coming out black.
    how praytell does that convesation come up with your doctor? just wondering

  24. #199
    dimedropper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,421
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Is there such thing as a date rape drug that makes you run around act crazy? I thought the point of them was to knock you out so that someone could take advantage.
    .....X.....

  25. #200
    Administrator Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    26,949
    Rep Power
    21474878
    I am almost sorry I bumped this thread.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •