Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Elisa Lam (21) was found dead in a hotel water tank after being missing for 19 days

The elevator video of her creeps me the eff out. My first thought was definitely drugs.

Although I have been watching a lot of Supernatural lately and it honestly seems like something you'd see on that show, so maybe the ghost theory isn't that crazy? lol

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    doubtful. Not big enough to be a body.
    I don't think it is either but I also doubt she's coming up in one piece after being in water for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalePonytail View Post
    The elevator video of her creeps me the eff out. My first thought was definitely drugs.

Although I have been watching a lot of Supernatural lately and it honestly seems like something you'd see on that show, so maybe the ghost theory isn't that crazy? lol
    Oh yeah, Supernatural is deeply grounded in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Oh yeah, Supernatural is deeply grounded in reality.

Wasn't being serious ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalePonytail View Post
    Wasn't being serious ;)
    Phew. Ever since the Morgan thread....I never know.

Under the black tarp is not her body. They used that tarp to cover the process of cutting out the side of the water tank and to retrieve her body so that was news media wouldn't see it from helicopters. That picture is before they started cutting the side of the water tank.

Just thinking about that water makes my stomach roll! UGH! I know mental illness can make people do and go all kinds of whacky places, but I dunno...it seems like it would be a really awkward place to get too and why?

Read this on http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-UPDA...FENDER?page=17

My translation of a post on Chinese forum http://forum6.hkgolden.com/view.aspx...essage=4284760

A little background about me. I am living in San Francisco. My older sister is a reporter for KTSF 26. The last character of her full name is "玉". Those who watch the Chinese TV channel in San Francisco will know her. Please forgive me for not being able to disclose her full name or provide a picture of her here.

Because I had migrated here last year, I am currently living at her place. Today she came home from work and told me she had received a new assignment - reporting on the Elisa Lam case. When I heard this, my ears perked up! I've been following this case but have not really felt really drawn to it because it's quite a distance from where I live to LA. But now LA feels much closer to me because of her new assignment.

Someone asked here on the forums before - why hasn't there been more new information about the case disclosed via news channels?

My sister said it's because this case involves many countries. This dead girl is Canadian, she's also Chinese, and she went missing and was later found dead in North America. This attracted the attention of not just these 3 countries involved, but also worldwide (including Interpol). The LAPD thus considers this type of case to be of vast and potential influence that will affect people far beyond national borders. Since they have not finished their investigation, they have to remain silent to the public until their investigation is complete.

A telephone call was made to LA's County Coroner's Office. The Coroner did not refuse the request to speak on the phone, and instead, took his time to explain what level of progress they were at regarding the examination of Elisa Lam's body, and what other procedures they will be conducting after this stage is finished. First, it has to made clear that there were absolutely NO signs of trauma or injury on Elisa's body. And when Elisa's body was found, she was fully naked. So far, the medical examinations on her have ruled out any possibility of her death being the result of blunt-force trauma.

Some netizens have asked : is the medical examination of Elisa's body complete?
    No the medical examination is not complete. Toxicology reports will take 6 to 8 weeks to finish. This has already been reported in news media and it is not a lie. Toxicology reports do take 6 to 8 weeks to complete.

The toxicology results will complete the picture of how Elisa Lam died, for example, whether she really died of drowning, or if she was strangled to death before her body was placed in the tank, etc. The toxicology results will also specify if she had used any drugs or had been drugged before her death.

Since my older sister is a reporter, she was very keen with her questioning, so a lot of information was obtained from the Coroner this way. In addition, the Coroner affirmed the suspicions that various news media and the general public held. He said that after Elisa died, her body had been hidden/stashed away somewhere, before being disposed of in the tank later.

The LAPD currently possess some knowledge of the likely scenarios in which Elisa met with her death, for instance, whether she was murdered or whether she committed suicide, and the reasons for what happened. The police have in fact already zoned in on who the possible murderer may be. But their investigations are not yet finished. In America the police are not supposed to arrest someone until they have collected sufficient evidence against the perpetrator. So right now, all the police can do is to keep the public informed in a conservative manner rather than reveal specifically who or what they are after.

The possibility of the murderer being hotel staff is real. The staff at this hotel not only hold the keys to all the individual guest rooms, they also hold the key to unlock the alarmed door that leads to the rooftop. This set of keys are believed to be kept in a bunch at the hotel, and several staff members at the hotel are allowed use of this bunch of keys.

The Coroner said that at the moment, Elisa's body is held in a morgue. It will not be released to her family until the medical examination is finally completed.

A netizen asked if Elisa's body was definitely wound and trauma free. The Coroner affirmed this. The Coroner also said that Elisa's body was in a young, fit and healthy state before she died. It showed no signs of having long-term drug use or poisoning.

There are reporters from LA and Vancouver covering this story. My sister actually didn't have to cover this, but all the reporters are fighting for the chance to do this story. Its madness. Anyway, everyone is wondering if I was going to reveal any breaking news stories on here. Well I am going to be honest. There is no breaking news story. Think about it. No major news stations from around the world have received any breaking news story about this case as yet. So why would a small Chinese news station be any different? All I can tell you is what my older sister has told me, and I can confirm that the source of this information is legit and reliable. You don't have to read this. Look away if you are not interested.

Someone asked and I am replying to this. Elisa definitely did not die inside the water tank, because the way her body was found and the time and place do not make sense with a simple case of death by drowning. In other words, the water tank is plainly not the first crime scene. In addition, there have been no wounds found and no trace of another person's bodily fluids left behind in her lower regions.

My sister reiterated that after looking at all the information collected in this case, it is very likely that the murderer is one of the hotel staff. This is not just any old hearsay or rumour. The only people who have free access to Elisa's room and the rooftop stairs are the hotel staff.

Elisa may have been a psychology student in University, but several of her University coursemates have confirmed that her mental capacity definitely seemed normal and she had never displayed any semblance of mental illness. In addition, they can attest to the fact that she was a lovable girl that everybody took a liking to, so to posit that she could be ill enough mentally to want to kill herself is a bunch of nonsense.

Someone asked if the above information I provided is true and correct. I can affirm that everything I've said above is information that my sister had told me, and she obtained that information straight from the Coroner's mouth. She wouldn't dare tell anyone all this if it were not true.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpos...stcount=55

It makes sense her body was hidden somewhere else before being put into the water tank. The article says her body was intact. That gives me the impression it wasn't in the water for a prolonged period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

It just said on HLN the guests plan to sue the hotel

I think the ghost story is plausible. If they did deeper they'll find that she was mumbling something about being Zuul The Gatekeeper and went up there to find the Keymaster. Nailed on.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    It just said on HLN the guests plan to sue the hotel
    That was kind of a no-brainer, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    I think the ghost story is plausible. If they did deeper they'll find that she was mumbling something about being Zuul The Gatekeeper and went up there to find the Keymaster. Nailed on.
    gozer the destroyer. he who has been known to dwell in water tanks.

before you kill me, i'm just marking.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Anyone find any updates?

Autopsy was inconclusive, nothing since then.

$50 says she was on Ambien.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I wouldn't have bothered posting this except that it has some shots of the hotel interior, which, if genuine, make it pretty unlikely anyone else carried her to that rooftop. This writer says that someone gave him details of a post she supposedly made on Myspace (??) re the game Left 4 Dead & someone using an escape through a water tank, but he does say he's been unable to track it down himself.

He also mentions the Cecil Hotel's "Single Resident Occupancy" status & says (as have others) that it's used by low income tenants including registered sex offenders. He then goes on to say her blog/Tumblr had "cryptic references as in one about some creeps going after her strong".

Some of this stuff sounds familiar, so apologies if it's already been posted, (I didn't have the time or energy to read the whole thread again). Some of the pix do look new though, especially the access to the rooftop (not at all how I expected it to look, but what the hell would I know, the absolute most tallest building where I live these days is an average 2storey house, even the nearest escalator is over an hr's drive). He also says that the toxicology results, which are apparently the only results outstanding, are due this month.

http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...sa-lam-updates

Edit : 4 yrs later ... saved the original link to WayBack in case it ever gets archived

http://web.archive.org/web/201703160...sa-lam-updates
    Last edited by blighted star; 03-16-2017 at 01:56 AM. Reason: note to self - don't post while falling asleep.

I'm not wearing any pants
    I bet she went in to hide and couldn't get out. Because whether she was acting wierd or not...it sure seemed like she was hiding from someone.

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/p...ope-no-creeper

I’m going out tonight

I really hope no creeper comes near me

Seriously though

those Italian and Mexican guys go after you STRONG

Show the slightest inclination and they hound you

Great find Blighted Star! I found the above quote off her blog, but could not see an exact date? (It did say three months ago)

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    It makes sense her body was hidden somewhere else before being put into the water tank. The article says her body was intact. That gives me the impression it wasn't in the water for a prolonged period of time.
    Exactly...a week and it would have been a bloated decaying mess

What if the water was cold? I don't know much about submerged decaying, but I'd imagine the temperature would matter.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    True. Also I tend to think of fish and other goodies in water where a body would be found. Those would make a difference in appearance as well.

Temperature does play a part, but a body submerged in any amount of water for a prolonged amount of time will break down. I can't imagine the tank was extremely cold because it was a holding tank (I think) on a roof, in California. Think of it like swimming or sitting in a bath for a while. You know how your fingertips and toes get wrinkly even after a short period of time? Now imagine that after a few days. It gets pretty icky. The meat literally falls off the bone.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Temperature does play a part, but a body submerged in any amount of water for a prolonged amount of time will break down. I can't imagine the tank was extremely cold because it was a holding tank (I think) on a roof, in California. Think of it like swimming or sitting in a bath for a while. You know how your fingertips and toes get wrinkly even after a short period of time? Now imagine that after a few days. It gets pretty icky. The meat literally falls off the bone.
    Reminds me of that CSI episode where the guy died in the bathtub, and he was alone, so no one knew for like a week...

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    Reminds me of that CSI episode where the guy died in the bathtub, and he was alone, so no one knew for like a week...
    I haven't seen that episode, but that's exactly what it's like. I think there might be some pics in this thread of a girl who committed suicide in the tub. It's pretty icky.

ETA: I just realized this isn't the disgusting pic thread. I think the bathtub suicide is in the disgusting pic thread, not this one.
    Last edited by morbidT; 05-11-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Ew, thank you for not posting. I have a very graphic mental image as is.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Thread Information