Thread: Jordan Hatcher (22) died 1/24/13

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

Jordan Hatcher (22) died 1/24/13

i think this is him...https://www.facebook.com/jordan.hatcher.731

1301191 Tarrant Hatcher Jordan 8/21/1990 22 1/24/2013 D White M
    Police Department: Arlington Police Department Police Svc #: 130004489
    Deceased Address: 1701 Towne Crossing # 934 , Mansfield, Texas 76063 Time Of Death 4:42 PM
    Occurred Location: 5270 S. Highway 360 (Northbound) , Grand Prairie, Texas 75052
    Place Of Death: Parking lot of a college campus Prosector:
    Place Of Death Address: 2100 SE Parkway , Arlington, Texas Manner Of Death:
    Cause Of Death:

and is this how he died? :-o

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Off...188279961.html

The Grand Prairie and Arlington police say a felony theft suspect was shot and killed after he fled to the parking lot of a community college in Arlington.

A Grand Prairie officer shot the suspect in the Tarrant County College Southeast Campus' south parking lot on Thursday afternoon.

Police said the man led officers on foot to the community college after a struggle at a Target store on the other side of state Highway 360 in Grand Prairie. Another suspect was arrested at the store.

Authorities said the suspect physically fought with an officer and grabbed the officer's stun gun. The officer feared for his life and shot the suspect multiple times, police said.

Arlington police arrived at the parking lot just after the shooting. An Arlington police officer performed CPR on the suspect, who died at the scene.

The suspect was described as a man in his 30s. His identity has not yet been released.

The man did not appear to be armed, police said.

No officers were injured.

A parking lot on the south side of the campus is closed, but the north and west parking lots remained open.

Grand Prairie police and Arlington police are investigating the shooting.

The Grand Prairie officer who shot the suspect is a veteran officer with several years of experience. The officer will be on leave for three days for review.

The ME report says he died in a campus parking lot....the guy in the article died in a campus parking lot...

on his fb he's all about praising jesus christ, and the he gets shot while committing a felony. i know that you can be a christian and commit crimes lol, those two things aren't mutually exclusive, but it just is lulzworthy to me. JESUS CHRIST IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, brb, i've got some thieving to do, PRAISE JESUS IN ALL HIS GLORY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

How is death funny? That happened to be my one of my best friends, (who actually so happened to live with me at the time). I don't agree with what he did, and yes he was a christian, but he got scared and ran.

He just died yesterday man. Seriously have a tiny amount of respect for his friends and family, if you can even manage to do that. This is definitely not "lulzworthy" which is totally the gayest most trollest thing anyone can ever say. I can understand trolling, but dude don't troll someones death, there is a point where you take something to far, and you leaped over it.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    This has been all over the news here. Raggi, I'm sorry for your loss. The article explains a lot more than the news did when it broke last night. I hate that this happened to your friend, but personal responsibility plays a role in this case. When you fight with an armed officer you are risking your life, period. You do what they say when they say it and 99.999% of the time, nothing happens. Do what your friend did, however...and this is the unfortunate result. What neener said rings true as well. Thou shalt not steal is a Commandment, remember? It's called irony, and yes, in this case people find it amusing. Your friend would not be dead had he not done what he did.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

It happens.
    I've only kept up with his story because around the time that this all happened I was actually going to go return my books to the Tarrant County College; Southeast Campus bookstore, and I park in that parking lot also.
    It was a stressful day for TCC yesterday because they also had a unconfirmed report of a person having a loaded gun on the bus heading to South Campus, but apparently got off before the destination point.
    Anyways,
    Only thing I don't understand is how the officers were so far behind him for him to reach the TCC south parking. I understand they had to go down the road and do a U-turn, but this guy was on foot and it is a long way from the Target parking lot to the TCC south parking lot by foot...

Officers don't want to kill anyone, but sometimes it is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggi1992 View Post
    How is death funny? That happened to be my one of my best friends, (who actually so happened to live with me at the time). I don't agree with what he did, and yes he was a christian, but he got scared and ran.
    He just died yesterday man. Seriously have a tiny amount of respect for his friends and family, if you can even manage to do that. This is definitely not "lulzworthy" which is totally the gayest most trollest thing anyone can ever say. I can understand trolling, but dude don't troll someones death, there is a point where you take something to far, and you leaped over it.
    1- referring to something as *gayest?* thats trolling right there.

2- i'm not a dude.

3- where the fuck did i laugh over his death? i said it was lulzworthy to be all *i'm a good boy, a christian, let me go rob someone/something, praise jesus.* i never said it was funny that he died. i do think its odd that he talked up the whole jesus thing, then went out and broke one of the 10 commandments like it was no big deal.

4- i'm sorry for your loss, but you don't have to be a dick. its not my fault your friend ran from the cops, attacked an officer and tried to steal his taser. your friend was an idiot.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

An update from 18 hours ago:

By Sarah Mervosh
    smervosh@dallasnews.com
    6:18 pm on January 24, 2013 | Permalink

Update at 6:25 a.m. Friday (by Matt Peterson):

The suspect who was killed has been identified as 22-year-old Jordan Hatcher of Mansfield, according to the Tarrant County ME.

Authorities say Hatcher was shot during a struggle with police after he grabbed an officer’s Taser.

The other suspect has not been identified.

Original post at 6:18 p.m. Thursday:

A man believed to be stealing items from a Target led police on a foot chase that ended when an officer fatally shot him Thursday, police said.

Grand Prairie police responded to a felony theft call around 3:50 p.m. at the Target at Camp Wisdom Road and State Highway 360, police said. One of the suspects fled on foot and crossed city lines into Arlington, according to Arlington police spokesman Sgt. Christopher Cook.

During the chase, the man ran across a freeway and into a parking lot at the Tarrant County College Southeast Campus. The man got into a physical altercation with police that ended when a Grand Prairie officer shot him, Cook said.

The man died at the scene, he said. His identity was unavailable.

Grand Prairie police will launch an administrative investigation into the shooting and Arlington police will take the lead on the criminal investigation.
    http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013...ce-chase.html/

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    1- referring to something as *gayest?* thats trolling right there.

2- i'm not a dude.

3- where the fuck did i laugh over his death? i said it was lulzworthy to be all *i'm a good boy, a christian, let me go rob someone/something, praise jesus.* i never said it was funny that he died. i do think its odd that he talked up the whole jesus thing, then went out and broke one of the 10 commandments like it was no big deal.

4- i'm sorry for your loss, but you don't have to be a dick. its not my fault your friend ran from the cops, attacked an officer and tried to steal his taser. your friend was an idiot.
    Word up.

Quote Originally Posted by AZPistonsGirl View Post
    Word up.

Not cool.

Are you the other suspect who hasn't been found?

What neener said.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Not cool.

Are you the other suspect who hasn't been found?

What neener said.
    Who said anyone got away? Please get your facts straight before talking about me.

Neener I apologize. This just happened yesterday. He lived with me. And I know it was contradictory and foolish of him to steal and fight the police. I watched him eat the last thing he ever ate. I do not know if you lost someone close to you, but its hard.

Most of the reason why I was mad is because you posted his facebook. Why would you do that? He wasn't just a suspect, he had a life, family, and friends. Now watch a bunch of freaks start posting horrendous things on his facebook, WHERE HIS GRIEVING FAMILY WILL SEE. You didnt see his family when they came to get his stuff. They are a wreck. You really should think before doing something like that, I agree let people know what happened, but you did cross the line by posting his facebook for the entire world to see.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    None of us would ever post horrendous things on a grieving family member's/friend's Facebook. And I'm not trying to be rude, but if anyone was looking for his FB, it wouldn't be that hard to find; we're not the only supreme Internet sleuths who can find Facebooks.

It sucks that Jordan made a mistake, but you're right, people can make mistakes and still have a life, family, and friends. Most of us here have lost someone close to us, some due to mistakes as well, and I know it doesn't make it hurt any less. I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Who said anyone got away? Please get your facts straight before talking about me.

Neener I apologize. This just happened yesterday. He lived with me. And I know it was contradictory and foolish of him to steal and fight the police. I watched him eat the last thing he ever ate. I do not know if you lost someone close to you, but its hard.

Most of the reason why I was mad is because you posted his facebook. Why would you do that? He wasn't just a suspect, he had a life, family, and friends. Now watch a bunch of freaks start posting horrendous things on his facebook, WHERE HIS GRIEVING FAMILY WILL SEE. You didnt see his family when they came to get his stuff. They are a wreck. You really should think before doing something like that, I agree let people know what happened, but you did cross the line by posting his facebook for the entire world to see.

Quote from the article above:
    "Police said the man led officers on foot to the community college after a struggle at a Target store on the other side of state Highway 360 in Grand Prairie. Another suspect was arrested at the store."

I wasn't talking about you. I was asking you a question, but thank you for pointing out I needed to read the article again. Are you the one they arrested at the store?

His FB was already on the world wide web for the entire world to see.

Someone didn't read the 'terms of use policy' when they registered.

Anyway......share a story(ies) about Jordan. The person you knew. How about his journey? His FB says something about his former life. What was his former life? How did he become the person he was? Do you know why he was stealing in the first place? Was he having financial trouble? Falling into old habits?

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

yes, i've lost people close to me, and i know how hard it is. its even harder when it was something dumb and totally preventable. i'm not being mean when i say that. its frustrating and sad when you know that it was completely avoidable.

why did i post his facebook? because thats what we do on this site. the main purpose of mydeathspace.com is to link the obits/news stories with the deceased's social networking profiles. it also gives people who know the departed a place to come and talk about the person that they lost. we have many members here who have their own loved ones info posted on this site.

we also have a rule here at MDS. we do not post on the profiles of those who are the subjects of articles on this website. we also do not contact their family members. its a bannable offense, and highly frowned upon. we take that shit seriously here. we just don't do it.

Don't you think it is even more worse that everybody in the world can read his full name and the story of his death? If he would have wanted his Facebook to be private, well, I'm sure he knew how to do it. Even if you not only want your posts to be hid, but not to be found by anybody, click the right button and here you go.

This is one thing I don't understand about Americans. You print full names (which isn't the case in Germany, btw, even when it comes to military deaths), seldomly I see a Facebook page which is private, you don't seem to give a fuck about privacy ... And then you complain that something like this happens. I just don't get it.

"Even worse", sorry. English's confusing sometimes, haha.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 01-25-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Deleted double post at OP's request.

"Police said the man led officers on foot to the community college after a struggle at a Target store on the other side of state Highway 360 in Grand Prairie. Another suspect was arrested at the store."

I wasn't talking about you. I was asking you a question, but thank you for pointing out I needed to read the article again. Are you the one they arrested at the store?

Anyway......share a story(ies) about Jordan. The person you knew. How about his journey? His FB says something about his former life. What was his former life? How did he become the person he was? Do you know why he was stealing in the first place? Was he having financial trouble? Falling into old habits?
    Yeah he was having some financial problems. No I was not arrested at the store. Jordan, had some troubles as of about 2-3 years ago. I remember when he was doing bad things. (he was in a bad place) I would rather not tell what he was into, but I can say it was all non-violent. He was in the marines and had a life changing event that led him to Christ. Now I can not tell you why he did what he did. The man who was arrested (whom I know as well) had heard of his death and had a lot of soul searching. His stealing days are over. Did Jordan or the man who was arrested plan this? Who knows who had planned it. But this what it took for a wake up call.

Such a shame he had to die. I really loved him. All I can see in my head is watching him eat his last meal, the talks about God we had, laughs, jokes. I really don't want everyone to see him just as a punk thief. He really was an amazing person. The amount of love he had for everyone was very inspirational. Such a waste of life.

I urge each member and guest who reads this article to help someone they know who's getting into the wrong crowd or making bad decisions to stop them. Its not worth it to lose someone so dear over something so ridiculous. (if they hate you for a while, still do it. It's not worth losing someone over) I hope this covers who he really was.

Yeah he was having some financial problems. No I was not arrested at the store. Jordan, had some troubles as of about 2-3 years ago. I remember when he was doing bad things. (he was in a bad place) I would rather not tell what he was into, but I can say it was all non-violent. He was in the marines and had a life changing event that led him to Christ. Now I can not tell you why he did what he did. The man who was arrested (whom I know as well) had heard of his death and had a lot of soul searching. His stealing days are over. Did Jordan or the man who was arrested plan this? Who knows who had planned it. But this what it took for a wake up call.

Such a shame he had to die. I really loved him. All I can see in my head is watching him eat his last meal, the talks about God we had, laughs, jokes. I really don't want everyone to see him just as a punk thief. He really was an amazing person. The amount of love he had for everyone was very inspirational. Such a waste of life.

I urge each member and guest who reads this article to help someone they know who's getting into the wrong crowd or making bad decisions to stop them. Its not worth it to lose someone so dear over something so ridiculous. (if they hate you for a while, still do it. It's not worth losing someone over) I hope this covers who he really was.

Such a shame he had to die. I really loved him. All I can see in my head is watching him eat his last meal, the talks about God we had, laughs, jokes. I really don't want everyone to see him just as a punk thief. He really was an amazing person. The amount of love he had for everyone was very inspirational. Such a waste of life.*
    I urge each member and guest who reads this article to help someone they know who's getting into the wrong crowd or making bad decisions to stop them. Its not worth it to lose someone so dear over something so ridiculous. (if they hate you for a while, still do it. It's not worth losing someone over) I hope this covers who he really was.*

Also I wanted to say he really liked the rapper Lecrae. If he was here he'd want you all to hear him and his music if he was still here.

Such a shame he had to die. I really loved him. All I can see in my head is watching him eat his last meal, the talks about God we had, laughs, jokes. I really don't want everyone to see him just as a punk thief. He really was an amazing person. The amount of love he had for everyone was very inspirational. Such a waste of life.*
    I urge each member and guest who reads this article to help someone they know who's getting into the wrong crowd or making bad decisions to stop them. Its not worth it to lose someone so dear over something so ridiculous. (if they hate you for a while, still do it. It's not worth losing someone over) I hope this covers who he really was.*

Also I wanted to say he really liked the rapper Lecrae. If he was here he'd want you all to hear him and his music if he was still here.

Thank you for sharing your (and Jordan's) story. I'm sorry your friend lost his life and in the manner it happened. It sounds like your last convo with Jordan was a great one. Try to focus on that and not what happened once he left your presence. He doesn't sound like an awful person, just someone who struggled with his past.

A lot of people have been brought to this site because of someone they lost. When and if you ever feel like sharing more, please feel free to do so. A favorite memory perhaps. An inside joke. Sometimes it helps people to talk and there are many people here willing to listen.

Again, I am sorry for your loss. Take care and welcome to MDS.

I don't think anyone here has posted the official results yet, so:

Manner Of Death: HOMICIDE
    Cause Of Death: MULTIPLE GUNSHOT WOUNDS OF CHEST

Thread Information