Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Steubenville Rape Case

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/12/17...ville-ohio.xml

The New York Times article that brought the case to MSM and Anonymous. It's VERY long, but has great detail.

http://m.theatlanticwire.com/nationa...ty-host/60656/

Jane Hanlin encouraged the rape survivor not to press charges. Here is a quote defending her son.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...n-steubenville

I said before the Feds were investigating a 2nd rape, it's actually the state. I haven't found confirmation that Feds are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Ugh! I wonder if any of these parents have daughters. The wives have to be the submissive types. I just can't wrap my head around a woman defending her rapist son. I know it's her son, but still, she's a woman and she is trying to justify this behavior. I just can't.
    i may not have kids, but i can 100% for sure tell you i couldn't protect my child in this situation. i'd be walking his ass into the jail and telling them they have to lock him up right then and there. you can't tolerate that shit.

did you hear what the sheriff said about the case? first it 'wasn't his jurisdiction.' which makes NO sense and then he commented that he didn't understand how it could be harmful to the girl if she couldn't remember anyway. ugh, shit people are saying blows my mind. and hurts my heart. i hope the girls that were raped by these fuckfaces are able to heal and see justice done.

This whole story is so sad.

I keep checking the site everyday for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i may not have kids, but i can 100% for sure tell you i couldn't protect my child in this situation. i'd be walking his ass into the jail and telling them they have to lock him up right then and there. you can't tolerate that shit.

did you hear what the sheriff said about the case? first it 'wasn't his jurisdiction.' which makes NO sense and then he commented that he didn't understand how it could be harmful to the girl if she couldn't remember anyway. ugh, shit people are saying blows my mind. and hurts my heart. i hope the girls that were raped by these fuckfaces are able to heal and see justice done.
    WOW. seriously? Can we just neutralize this entire fucking town? Quarantine it off and burn it to the ground. People like this shouldnt be allowed to share our oxygen.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar

WTF? So because she was DRUGGED and couldn't remember, then it's not rape? Unbelievable. Everything about this case is infuriating.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I like to think I would turn his ass in. I did see what the sheriff said. I'm sure a lot of men share his same sentiments. I feel sorry for all the girls in this town. They are probably taught they are pieces of shit and need to obey males.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebs...D&ord=3&ct=AR&

I was searching for the Dr Phil episode on this case because I missed a lot of it. The above link shows Jill Watkins in one clip where she claims the kids are hiding under "tent" desk (wth is a tent desk?) pee and puking. This link, led me to another one of a young man's reply to the case. There is hope that his message will get out!

http://www.mommyish.com/2013/01/11/s...ideo-response/
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

Party at [redacted]!!!! Huge party!!! Banger!!!!

It has to suck to be that sloppy drunk girl everyone’s tweeting about right now #embarrassing

Who’s this sloppy drunk bitch #JusWannaKnow

You don’t sleep through a wang in the butthole

Finally saw a dead body #woah

There is a dead body in the ville and people don’t care #livethelife

I don’t want to leave her now, you know I believe and how #Something

Some people deserve to be peed on #whoareyou

was saying some some bangers last night, i.e “like I always say, you don’t need much foreplay with a dead girl”

Tweets that were sent out about the rape.
    "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~ Confucius

I've been following this story for a couple of months now. Things really came to light when Anonymous and even Roseanne chimed in on Twitter.

What's even more appalling is that this drunken night of horrors started at the COACH'S house. I don't remember who the coach said gave these kids the alcohol, he said he came home and his house was full of drunk kids so he just told them to get out. Knowing they were drunk, he just set them loose. Maybe to kill someone or themselves with their drunken driving. Instead it was "just a girl got raped", so no biggie.

There needs to be some serious house-cleaning at that school and at the homes they were raised in.

We have forgotten how to be good guests; how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do.

God those tweets. Everything about this is just so disgusting and infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    WTF? So because she was DRUGGED and couldn't remember, then it's not rape? Unbelievable. Everything about this case is infuriating.

The fact that she was drugged is being contested, IIRC two kids testified that she was drugged in the car shortly after she was picked up. SHE can't remember anything after being picked up. My heart breaks for her and her family. It's hard to believe she is being shunned by friends for reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    I've been following this story for a couple of months now. Things really came to light when Anonymous and even Roseanne chimed in on Twitter.

What's even more appalling is that this drunken night of horrors started at the COACH'S house. I don't remember who the coach said gave these kids the alcohol, he said he came home and his house was full of drunk kids so he just told them to get out. Knowing they were drunk, he just set them loose. Maybe to kill someone or themselves with their drunken driving. Instead it was "just a girl got raped", so no biggie.

There needs to be some serious house-cleaning at that school and at the homes they were raised in.
    I agree, Moon. I have been following this case closely too. I know I keep putting up a lot of links (sorry), I want to give everyone the chance to read the same info I have read, if they want to. This whole case and the coverup stinks!

God those tweets. Everything about this is just so disgusting and infuriating.
    UN, have you seen the pictures that were sent out? They are disgusting too.

Don't apologize for putting up all the links. It's very much appreciated. I haven't commented on them, because I just can't. I've opened the rely box a hundred times, I just haven't found my words.

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Don't apologize for putting up all the links. It's very much appreciated. I haven't commented on them, because I just can't. I've opened the rely box a hundred times, I just haven't found my words.
    That'sunderstandable, you're so close to it. It makes me crazy that the victim, I prefer survivor, is being blamed. I don't care if she was the town slut, she didn't deserve to lured to a party, be drugged, used like an inflatable doll and tossed in her front yard like trash. NO ONE DESERVES THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Lady View Post
    That'sunderstandable, you're so close to it. It makes me crazy that the victim, I prefer survivor, is being blamed. I don't care if she was the town slut, she didn't deserve to lured to a party, be drugged, used like an inflatable doll and tossed in her front yard like trash. NO ONE DESERVES THAT!
    I like the term survivor. I agree. No one deserves what was done to her. I'm so completely disgusted by the cover ups and the 'she doesn't remember it, so no harm done' mentality. As women, we ask why we are still sexually objectified and treated like second class citizens. It's because of these mother's who are covering for their rapist sons and not teaching them respect for other human beings. It hurts my heart to know that I (and any woman) am not considered a human. That's the best I can do right now.

I don't want to hear the 'be glad you live in America' crap. You're missing the point. It shouldn't be happening anywhere. If America has progressed like we like to portray, this shit should be history.
    Last edited by morbidT; 01-21-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: fixed my your....derp

I like the term survivor. I agree. No one deserves what was done to her. I'm so completely disgusted by the cover ups and the 'she doesn't remember it, so no harm done' mentality. As women, we ask why we are still sexually objectified and treated like second class citizens. It's because of these mother's who are covering for their rapist sons and not teaching them respect for other human beings. It hurts my heart to know that I (and any woman) am not considered a human. That's the best I can do right now.

I don't want to hear the 'be glad you live in America' crap. Your missing the point. It shouldn't be happening anywhere. If America has progressed like we like to portray, this shit should be history.
    You said it perfectly!

You said it perfectly!

Except my 'your' I feeexed it.

The fact that she was drugged is being contested, IIRC two kids testified that she was drugged in the car shortly after she was picked up. SHE can't remember anything after being picked up. My heart breaks for her and her family. It's hard to believe she is being shunned by friends for reporting it.

I agree, Moon. I have been following this case closely too. I know I keep putting up a lot of links (sorry), I want to give everyone the chance to read the same info I have read, if they want to. This whole case and the coverup stinks!

UN, have you seen the pictures that were sent out? They are disgusting too.
    No. I was afraid to look at them. These boys are foul.

Also, the mentality of "Oh well, she doesn't remember so it's all good" is ridic. I guarantee when she came to, she was in a lot of pain. Think about what a round of rough sex or anal sex does to your parts. Now a whole night of multiple people doing that to this poor girl....ya she was hurting I'm sure.

Also, the mentality of "Oh well, she doesn't remember so it's all good" is ridic. I guarantee when she came to, she was in a lot of pain. Think about what a round of rough sex or anal sex does to your parts. Now a whole night of multiple people doing that to this poor girl....ya she was hurting I'm sure.
    NO DOUBT! It's totally disgusting that his lawyer asked why is it considered rape if they used their fingers, WTF? This whole case has me pissed off.
    Last edited by Crazy Lady; 01-21-2013 at 01:52 PM.

I am not sure of the details of this case, but if she is intoxicated to this extent it is considered rape. She is beyond the ability to consent.

There is a lot of bullshit that happens to women that we don't talk about that constitutes sexual assault, especially in high school. I know TONS of girls who would fall asleep and wake up with some guy fingering them or jerking off on them, and they were so humiliated and confused they never reported it.

Holy carp half way through that link, this is like Friday Night Lights from hell. Poor girl.

Thread Information