Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jenny Olenick (17) died during wisdom tooth extraction

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Just me...you can ask if they would let you be in there with him. If not, ask what kind of procedure they use to put the patient under, and what monitoring he will have while sedated. Have them explain it in detail. I'm sure all will go just fine.
    Believe after reading this my ass will be there watching the whole time...LOL

Could it be an issue of over-sedation? That could happen if they got her weight wrong, maybe. Like they could have given her too much anaesthetic... That could conceivably cause depression and then possible hypoxia (if extreme).

In my area, most of the dentists take ACLS and have crash carts. I know this because I take the class with some of them. Just because the girl died doesn't necessarily mean it was gross neglect. Sometimes people just die under anesthesia - it's one of the risks involved.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    The risks of anesthesia are very small and even if they did have a reaction, her airway should have been protected at all times. That and the practice should have at least had epi/benadryl ready if any kind of anaphylaxis were present. If no one in that office could intubate her or secure her airway another way then that definitely is gross neglect. And when giving any anesthetic you have to have the reversal agent on hand at all times. What is much more prevalent is the fact that no one knows what they're doing. Just because the docs take it doesn't mean it's mandatory for other staff, even though it should be.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    The risks of anesthesia are very small and even if they did have a reaction, her airway should have been protected at all times. That and the practice should have at least had epi/benadryl ready if any kind of anaphylaxis were present. If no one in that office could intubate her or secure her airway another way then that definitely is gross neglect. And when giving any anesthetic you have to have the reversal agent on hand at all times. What is much more prevalent is the fact that no one knows what they're doing. Just because the docs take it doesn't mean it's mandatory for other staff, even though it should be.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Thread Information