Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

WTF? You know I have to face palm super hard when it's police authorities that have these gun incidences. I know they are human but they deal with guns on a daily basis, what in the actual hell?

Also, 400 fucking rounds? I wanna know where this kid gets his ammo because we cant hardly find shit for ours.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    WTF? You know I have to face palm super hard when it's police authorities that have these gun incidences. I know they are human but they deal with guns on a daily basis, what in the actual hell?

Also, 400 fucking rounds? I wanna know where this kid gets his ammo because we cant hardly find shit for ours.

Agreed. You think that police would have been a tad more careful around kids, especially middle schoolers. They're nothing but mischevious little shits anyway.

And yeah, 400 rounds? You think you'd realize that a kid is carrying around a lead backpack. That had to weigh a ton! WTF was he thinking?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Agreed. You think that police would have been a tad more careful around kids, especially middle schoolers. They're nothing but mischevious little shits anyway.

And yeah, 400 rounds? You think you'd realize that a kid is carrying around a lead backpack. That had to weigh a ton! WTF was he thinking?
    That's what I find more issue with.......the cops go for a drug campaign and then lose sense of their firearms? Really?

Im more jealous that this kid had so much ammo than anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post

See why I'm scared when any of these donkeys have weapons of mass destruction?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

In the last month or so, two local stories of homeowners pulling their guns in small situations resulted in death.

One story was a girl knocking on a random front door looking for help and being shot because the homeowner "thought she was breaking in."

Another story was a 20-something shooting his neighbor to death over an argument about the neighbors barking dog.

Now this:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...ing-solicitors

A man gets arrested because instead of just not answering (like most normal people would do), he pulls a gun on two solicitors at his door.

...and people are widely supporting this behavior. You know, because pointing a lethal weapon at someone for being annoying is totally cool.

My favorite responses are the "well, they were on his property." What the fuck does that even mean??? Is this guy's property made of fucking gold? No.

It seems like the more stories are released on gun violence, the more it's happening, and the more people are supporting it. (I'm sure until it happens to them.)

It's why this country will never see eye to eye on guns, or peace. Everyone has their own definition of what's right and wrong.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    In the last month or so, two local stories of homeowners pulling their guns in small situations resulted in death.

One story was a girl knocking on a random front door looking for help and being shot because the homeowner "thought she was breaking in."

Another story was a 20-something shooting his neighbor to death over an argument about the neighbors barking dog.

Now this:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...ing-solicitors

A man gets arrested because instead of just not answering (like most normal people would do), he pulls a gun on two solicitors at his door.

...and people are widely supporting this behavior. You know, because pointing a lethal weapon at someone for being annoying is totally cool.

My favorite responses are the "well, they were on his property." What the fuck does that even mean??? Is this guy's property made of fucking gold? No.

It seems like the more stories are released on gun violence, the more it's happening, and the more people are supporting it. (I'm sure until it happens to them.)

It's why this country will never see eye to eye on guns, or peace. Everyone has their own definition of what's right and wrong.
    Solicitors? This is EXACTLY why people think Americans are insane. Shit like that. It's not all of us, God damn it!

What is with the fucking hard-on for property? Why is it OK to shoot someone that means you no harm? I can't wait until someone shoots a mailman and gets federally fucked. Well, unless the mailman isn't white.

Anyone else notice when a kid shoots another kid, if the article has a stock photo it's a white family, and if there's a mugshot it's a non-white family?

A Colorado teenager apparently sneaking back into her home before dawn Monday was shot and killed when her stepfather mistook her for a burglar.

Colorado Springs police said the unidentified 14-year-old girl was shot just before 6 a.m. as she entered her home in the 4000 block of Ascendant Drive, on the city's northeast side. Officers rushed her to a local hospital, where she died.

Police do not plan to release the identities of the victim or her stepfather, said spokesman Larry Herbert.

The initial 911 call was for a burglary in progress, he said. He did not say how many times the girl was shot or identify the type of weapon used.

Officers found the girl in the basement with a chest wound, KOAA-TV reported, adding police scanner suggests she had climbed through a cellar window.

A neighbor told KRDO-TV she was startled by "three bangs," which she thought was "someone hitting on a car or a garage door or something like that."

Police and the district attorney are investigating. No charges have been filed.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...illed/4180329/
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/w...z/-/index.html

HARRISON TWP -
    A 50-year-old woman is recovering after being accidentally shot inside a Harrison Township home registered to UAW Vice President General Holiefield.

In a statement, the Macomb County Sheriff's Office said deputies were called Monday night to a home in the 39000 block of Mazuchet on the report of an accidental shooting.

Deputies said the 60-year-old homeowner told them he had been cleaning his 45 Desert Eagle semi-automatic handgun at the kitchen table when it accidentally discharged.
    The homeowner's wife was hit in the abdomen. She is hospitalized, but is expected to be OK.

Deputies said the homeowner told them he and a group of friends had just returned from shooting at an indoor range in Roseville and he was trying to "clear" the gun when it went off.

The sheriff's office would not confirm the homeowner who fired the gun was Holiefield, but Local 4 has learned the house is owned by him.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Jesus, how hard is it to look and make sure it's not loaded? Gah, makes my brain throb.

Even with the clip out, there can always be one bullet in the chamber. This is what pisses responsible gun owners off.

and allowing anyone around you while cleaning it? i thought you weren't supposed to point a gun at anyone no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

In the near future, you won't even need to know how to fire a rifle to be a crack shot.

At the Consumer Electronic Show, the Austin, Texas-based start-up TrackingPoint showed off its all-new 500 Series AR Smart Rifle, a gun that makes it almost impossible for any user to miss.

(Read more: Now there's a gun that let's you shoot)

TrackingPoint is the inventor of Precision Guided Firearms, a guided shooting system that the company says creates the most accurate guns in the world. The new rifle is the company's first semi-automatic series.

This technology turns even a neophyte into a marksman, at least within a 500-yard range. The user simply "tags" the target, and the gun and ammo do the rest, all for a mere $9,950?the starting price for the new series.

In fact, the system is so accurate that a user will have up to five times the accuracy of an experienced shooter, said Oren Schauble, the company's marketing director.

(Read more: CES 2014: Big movers beyond the headlines)

The gun can track a target moving at up to 10 mph and allows for rapid engagement, meaning a person can shoot multiple targets quickly.

But TrackingPoint doesn't want people to think of it as just a fancy gun maker. The company is really focused on the technology inside the gun, Schauble said.

"Firearms have been the same for decades, the same old design in guns and ammunition," he said.

"What defines our product from the rest of the marketplace is our firearms integrate technology. We always try to ask ourselves, what in the technology space has not been applied to the arms space and how can we do it?"

TrackingPoint, which rolled out its first Precision Guided Firearm last year, doesn't just include the technology for a perfect shot. It also integrates other technological functions into it, such as video capabilities and Wi-Fi connectivity. These features allow users to record their hunting expeditions and even share the footage on social media platforms, like Facebook and YouTube.

"The reason we are at CES is because a lot of interest in our technology doesn't come from gun space. Executives and hunters who are in technology make up most of our clients and they see how the technology could be used elsewhere," he said. "Don't be surprised if you see us using this technology for other things."

TrackingPoint makes most of its money from gun sales, but also licenses out some of its technology to Remington. It is also has an assessment contract with the military right now, meaning it's looking to develop technology for them as well.

The company's 500 Series AR Smart Rifle officially launched on Wednesday and is available for pre-order for nearly $10,000. More than 40 orders had been received as of Thursday.

But not everyone who wants the new smart rifle will be able to get their hands on it.

TrackingPoint doesn't sell its guns to just anybody. Besides the background check that all applicants must go through, the company also has its own set of standards for purchasers.

The company wants only active users who will provide regular performance feedback on the weapon, Schauble said.

Because the company is still young and the technology is still new, TrackingPoint wants as much user input and sharing of data as possible in order to enhance the weapon's precision and capabilities, he said.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/sm...orm-2D11899302
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Okay, this is just too much. This company is ridiculous, I mean this gun can aim and fire and hit a target all on it's own? Even if the target is moving up to 10 mph?

How about these dumb asses just learn how to hunt the normal way with precision and accuracy instead of doing it this way? Im referencing hunting because they did.

I still think it's absolutely retarded that anyone takes a semi automatic hunting. Learn how to fire your gun, you idiot.

I just cant get nehind this smart rifle shit, it's stupid and i see more harm than good coming from it.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    and allowing anyone around you while cleaning it? i thought you weren't supposed to point a gun at anyone no matter what.
    people can be around you but yeah, you never point it even while cleaning it.

One man was shot dead after an argument over a cell phone conversation at a movie theater Monday afternoon in Wesley Chapel, Florida, Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco told CNN.

The victim and a woman who was also shot were sitting in a row in front of another couple.

"There was an altercation because the victim was using his cell phone. He was texting. He was making a lot of noise," Nocco said. "This led to a verbal altercation, the verbal altercation escalated."

The suspect pulled out a handgun and shot the man and the woman, who has non-life threatening injuries, with him. The sheriff said it was unclear if the shooter meant to hit the woman.

Nocco said there was no indication that the two couples involved knew each other.

A witness said the shooting occurred during the previews to the movie. Charles Cummings told reporters that the man who was shot sat two seats from his son. The man who was upset by the cell phone user argued with the victim then got up and left the theater for a brief time.

"He came back very irritated," Cummings said, who said he thought the shooter went to look for a theater manager.

The two men started arguing again and the cell phone user told the other man he was just texting his daughter. A few silent seconds elapsed and the argument started again. Cummings said the victim arose from his seat and talked to the shooter.

"Their voices started going up. There seems to almost be a confrontation," Cummings said. "Somebody throws popcorn; I'm not sure who threw it. And then bang, he was shot."

The victim staggered over and fell on Cummings and his son. A nurse who was in the theater performed CPR on the victim until the paramedics arrived, said Cummings, who like his son, had spatters of blood on his clothes.

A release from the sheriff's department said the suspected shooter was at the movie "Lone Survivor" with his wife.

A bystander detained the suspect until deputies arrived, the statement said.

The shooting happened at about 1:30 p.m. inside one of the theaters at the Grove 16 complex, sheriff's spokeswoman Melanie Snow said.

"This was an isolated altercation between two guests that escalated unexpectedly. The safety, security and comfort of our guests and team members are always our top priorities, and we are truly heartbroken by this incident," Cobb Theatres, which operates the Grove complex, said in a written statement.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

Cell phones in movie theaters piss me the fuck off.

People seriously give no fucks about courtesy. NO FUCKS.

YOUR LIFE IS NOT THAT INTERESTING. PUT YOUR FUCKING PHONE AWAY OR GET ON DEMAND.

See? Now I'm in all caps.

FLORIDA!

A retired police officer, and he shoots someone in the movie theater for texting during previews.

Merica.

NVM
    Last edited by *crickets*; 01-16-2014 at 04:33 PM.

NY anti-gun lobbyist who campaigned to make it a felony to carry a gun inside a school charged with carrying a gun inside a school.

Dwayne Ferguson spent more than a decade advocating for nonviolence and peace in the streets of Buffalo.

He was a well-known face in the movement for the SAFE Act, the state law that made carrying a gun on school property a felony. He was also a familiar presence in the hallways of the city?s Harvey Austin Elementary School, where he worked in the after-school program and mentored students.

No one imagined that on Thursday he would show up at the school in possession of a gun, touching off an hours-long lockdown, search and ultimately his arrest on two felony charges.

Ferguson, 52, told WGRZ-TV that he frequently carries the gun, for which he has a permit, and did not realize he had it on him when he went to the school as part of the mentoring program.

Those who have worked with him also said they believe it was an honest mistake.

?I?m sure Dwayne went into the school not thinking he had the gun on him,? said Rev. James E. Giles, a friend of Ferguson and president of Back to Basics Outreach Ministries. ?We know this for a fact, that he called out to a Buffalo police lieutenant asking why the school was in lockdown, and that they were looking for a man with a gun.

?Dwayne?s reaction was to get his kids ? he had about 50 of them ? and make sure they were safe,? Giles explained. ?He led them into the cafeteria and closed the doors.?

Giles, like Ferguson, is a member of Buffalo Peacemakers, an anti-violence coalition that targets gang-related street crime.

Ferguson is not employed by the Buffalo School District but was working in the 21st Century Community Learning Program, an after-school academic enrichment initiative that tutors disadvantaged students.

Professionally, friends say Ferguson operates a printing business and works as a security guard for community events.

The father of three children, Ferguson is a lifelong resident of the East Side. He was 35 when he joined forces with fellow fathers on Buffalo?s East Side to form MAD DADs (Men Against Destruction Defending Against Drugs and Social Disorder) and is now the organization?s president.

Ferguson also has taken an active role in many community outreach programs targeting youth. He regularly patrols area malls, and city streets in an effort to curb gang-related violence.

Throughout the years he has overseen MAD DADS basketball leagues in an organized effort to keep teens off the streets.

He was among local activists who stood with Assemblywoman Crystal Peoples-Stokes last year lobbying for a law that would make possessing a gun on school property a felony. Prior to New York State?s adoption of the SAFE Act last year, in response to the Sandy Hook school massacre in Connecticut, it was a long-established state law that guns could not be brought onto school property. The only difference was that the crime carried less punishment as a misdemeanor.

In an ironic turn of events, Ferguson was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a weapon under that law for Thursday?s incident. The law carries a maximum sentence of up to four years in state prison.

Some gun advocates opposed to the SAFE Act have argued that the law actually makes schools less safe since law-abiding handgun owners cannot possess their weapons on school grounds, while mass murderers have never heeded laws making schools gun-free zones.

Ferguson held a New York State licensed pistol permit, but that makes no difference under the law.

?The more they make these gun-free zones, the more they make people vulnerable to mass killers like at Columbine and Sandy Hook,? said Stephen J. Aldstadt, a Colden resident who serves as president of the state Shooters Committee on Political Education.

Some of Ferguson?s supporters echoed similar criticism, saying that carrying a weapon meant Ferguson could have helped police in the event there was a gunman actually threatening students.

?Dwayne probably was in a position to help the police not knowing that he was the one they were looking for,? said George Johnson, president of Buffalo United Front,

Ferguson often carries a gun during the course of his business day, Giles and Johnson said.

?Mental lapses happen,? Giles said. ?Things happen. It?s an unfortunate mistake. Dwayne was not conscious that he was in school with a gun.?

Both Schools Superintendent Pamela C. Brown and Kevin Brinkworth, the district?s chief of police, school safety and security, said it is unclear why Ferguson had the gun on school property, but officials do not believe he had any ill intent.

?This is a person well-known in the building,? Brinkworth said. ?No one expected him to have a gun in the building.?

Brown and Brinkworth also revealed new details about the incident, which started with an anonymous call to the school and culminated with an extensive search by the SWAT team.

The school received the call about 4:15 p.m. notifying staff that someone had entered the school with a gun. Brown and Brinkworth said it is not yet clear who placed the call. Around that time, 911 received two calls about the incident, prompting the school to go into lockdown and touching off a search of the building by police and SWAT team responders.

The initial search of the building turned up nothing, Brinkworth said.

It was not until police were patting down students so they could evacuate the school that they found the gun on Ferguson, Brinkworth said.

Ferguson was wearing it in a holster, and at no time during the lockdown did he notify police that he was carrying a weapon.

?He had opportunities,? Brinkworth said.

?I will say he had no ill intent to harm these students,? Brinkworth added. ?I don?t know why he had it on him.?
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...l-20140207?x=y

Ahem.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/13...appeals-court/

SAN FRANCISCO – A divided federal appeals court on Thursday struck down California's concealed weapons rules, saying they violate the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

By a 2-1 vote, the three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said California was wrong to require applicants to show good cause to receive a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

"The right to bear arms includes the right to carry an operable firearm outside the home for the lawful purpose of self-defense," Judge Diarmuid O'Scannlain wrote for the majority.

Judge Sidney Thomas dissented, writing that the good cause requirement limited the number of people carrying concealed handguns in public to those legitimately in need.

"It limits the risk to public safety by reducing the number of guns in public circulation, but allows those who will most likely need to defend themselves in public to carry a handgun," Thomas wrote.

Awarding concealed weapon permits is the responsibility of each of California's 58 counties. Officials are required to follow the state rules requiring applicants to show good cause and moral character.

The San Francisco-based appeals court said those requirements were too strict and ran afoul of a 5-4 landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 2008 that struck down a Washington, D.C., handgun ban and said law-abiding citizens are allowed to have handguns in their home for self-defense.

The appeals court on Thursday reinstated a lawsuit filed in 2009 by Edward Peruta, who challenged San Diego County's denial of a concealed weapons permit.

The ruling on Thursday also disagreed with three other federal appeals courts that have upheld permit rules similar to the one in California.

The U.S. Supreme Court often takes cases when federal appeals courts issue conflicting rulings.
    Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

To summarize, Californian gun owners will now be able to carry a concealed weapon. Really people? No opinion??

Also.

meh. i'm less opposed to conceal carry than open carry. if no one knows who's packing, it seems like more of a deterrent than - hey, that guy over there has a gun. let's get him first!
    Last edited by animosity; 02-14-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

It didn't pop up in the new stuff at all yesterday. Fucking MDS!

Um, am I guessing you're happy about this, Green?

While walking down a dark alley in the middle of the night, yes, I am going to be very happy about this.

Thread Information