Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Tmars, spot on.

Ron, you SHOULD care more. This is your world too. Every sinlge person should give a shit about this and if you don't, I question why you don't care. You are vert bothered by guns, you should be all over this. Not to mention, you have posted a bunch as well in the Sandy hook thread as well as this one so I honestly don't believe you dn't care.

I think you DO care, you just have opinions like the rest of us. BUT, everyone in this nation needs to open their eyes to everything and be more aware. There is no reason for not acting on this issue. I don't believe it should matter where you live, this is our country. We have voices when we vote, why can't we have the same voices as a whole on this issue.

No one is going to lose their guns. It's never going to happen BUT we need to start making people be accountable for having such a powerful piece of machinery in our homes. You have to be 18 to buy Nyquil, why can't we put all that effort that was put in for cold medicine into gun control?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Tmars, spot on.

Ron, you SHOULD care more. This is your world too. Every sinlge person should give a shit about this and if you don't, I question why you don't care. You are vert bothered by guns, you should be all over this. Not to mention, you have posted a bunch as well in the Sandy hook thread as well as this one so I honestly don't believe you dn't care.

I think you DO care, you just have opinions like the rest of us. BUT, everyone in this nation needs to open their eyes to everything and be more aware. There is no reason for not acting on this issue. I don't believe it should matter where you live, this is our country. We have voices when we vote, why can't we have the same voices as a whole on this issue.

No one is going to lose their guns. It's never going to happen BUT we need to start making people be accountable for having such a powerful piece of machinery in our homes. You have to be 18 to buy Nyquil, why can't we put all that effort that was put in for cold medicine into gun control?
    I wish all guns were gone. Like, no guns for us, no guns for the cops.

If I cared too much, I would literally give myself a heart attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I wish all guns were gone. Like, no guns for us, no guns for the cops.

If I cared too much, I would literally give myself a heart attack.
    If our police didnt have guns, how would they do their job? Throw a flashlight at the criminal? Im not being snarky, Im just saying it's not realistic. Even with police, there needs to be accountability for unexplained shootings of suspects. Our country isnt without the people that fly under the radar. Our police are often accused of lying for one another and im not debating that this doesnt happen because i believe it definitly does.

Im not sure what could change with our police departments. Im no sure on what the clear decision should be but if anything, I wish more people were bleeding hearts like me about the Sandy Hook incident and think 'Fuck, this has gone wayyy too far, we need changes and right now!'

Why does it take a classroom of dead kids to force change? If nothing is done, then we are all forgetting these children died and our voices are nothing.

If our police didnt have guns, how would they do their job? Throw a flashlight at the criminal? Im not being snarky, Im just saying it's not realistic. Even with police, there needs to be accountability for unexplained shootings of suspects. Our country isnt without the people that fly under the radar. Our police are often accused of lying for one another and im not debating that this doesnt happen because i believe it definitly does.

Im not sure what could change with our police departments. Im no sure on what the clear decision should be but if anything, I wish more people were bleeding hearts like me about the Sandy Hook incident and think 'Fuck, this has gone wayyy too far, we need changes and right now!'

Why does it take a classroom of dead kids to force change? If nothing is done, then we are all forgetting these children died and our voices are nothing.
    They don't need them in England since every chav isn't carrying military grade hardware. And you know what else? They have to take people down. Why work when you can just shoot someone?

I remember this story was a big deal, and so many people were like "I no understand. How you do something with no gun?" http://travel.nytimes.com/2004/10/27...stab.html?_r=0

But yea, I don't like the idea of only cops having guns. I'm never gonna have one, but still, a completely unarmed populace isn't exactly a good idea either.

ETA: But HAHAHAHA@cops being accountable.

Fine, keep you guns. We'll just make ammo disgustingly expensive so you'll think long and hard if that body is worth a bullet.

I know a lot of people who quit smoking after they increased the taxes on cigarettes - bringing their prices up several dollars a pack. This is an example of how change in law, caused adverse change in peoples habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    They don't need them in England since every chav isn't carrying military grade hardware. And you know what else? They have to take people down. Why work when you can just shoot someone?

I remember this story was a big deal, and so many people were like "I no understand. How you do something with no gun?" http://travel.nytimes.com/2004/10/27...stab.html?_r=0

But yea, I don't like the idea of only cops having guns. I'm never gonna have one, but still, a completely unarmed populace isn't exactly a good idea either.

ETA: But HAHAHAHA@cops being accountable.
    Maybe it's the conditioning in which we grow up with. When you were younger, guns werent on your mind, Im assuming. When I was younger, I can clearly remember my dads gun case that was decorative in nice wood and a glass cover. No locks at all. That wouldn be tolaerable now.
    And I think it's terrible that we have people in law enforcement who are shady fucks and those bad cops are what makes it worse on the other cops that are actually out there for the good of humanity.
    I can't blanket judge all police. I've ran into some asshole cops and also ran into some very kind ones. But, Im also white and live in an area where white people are the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Fine, keep you guns. We'll just make ammo disgustingly expensive so you'll think long and hard if that body is worth a bullet.

I know a lot of people who quit smoking after they increased the taxes on cigarettes - bringing their prices up several dollars a pack. This is an example of how change in law, caused adverse change in peoples habits.
    Okay, so I read this post and it came across snarky. Am I wrong? The whole 'fine, keep your guns BUT yadda yadda yadda'. I have already posted before about taxing ammo so this opinion isnt lost on me.
    But comparing guns to smoking? No. Not even close. I can shoot you with my .308, I can't shoot you with a pack of camels.

You would have to ridiculously raise the prices on ammo in order for that to be effective. But you know what? People can also make their own bullets. My husband has dne it plenty of times.

The 2nd ammendment protects people like myself who have ultimate respect for my guns. We can hunt and shoot specific game and stock our freezer. Numerous times we have had so much meat that we often share the meat with friends. And we also have the 2nd ammendment right should someone come into our home threatening our lives.

You don't have to be 18 to buy NyQuil... at least not in Oregon.

ANYWAY my question remains: do we apply these stricter rules to "from now on" gun sales, or try to get people to turn theirs in (which would never happen)? How do we make it happen?

Ammo isn't cheap, and has gotten more and more pricey. The ammo for assault rifles is especially expensive. If someone plans to shoot multiple people, they will find ammo one way or another. Like WTBB said, people can even make their own (scary!).

22 rounds are dirt cheap, and I probably had 2000 of them. I currently have a few hundred rounds for my hand gun. I didn't buy them all at once... and ANY ammo I have ever used is during target practice. Anyone who owns a gun but isn't familiar with how to use it is 100x more dangerous than someone who has practice, IMO.

Maybe it's just wal Mart but we werent allowed to sell nyquil to anyone under the age of 18, I shit you not.

Oh and to answer your question Fleta about our existing guns, Im not sure how that would work. Im not even sure they could enforce anything we bought before any new guidelines are in place.

Okay, so I read this post and it came across snarky. Am I wrong? The whole 'fine, keep your guns BUT yadda yadda yadda'. I have already posted before about taxing ammo so this opinion isnt lost on me.
    But comparing guns to smoking? No. Not even close. I can shoot you with my .308, I can't shoot you with a pack of camels.

You would have to ridiculously raise the prices on ammo in order for that to be effective. But you know what? People can also make their own bullets. My husband has dne it plenty of times.

The 2nd ammendment protects people like myself who have ultimate respect for my guns. We can hunt and shoot specific game and stock our freezer. Numerous times we have had so much meat that we often share the meat with friends. And we also have the 2nd ammendment right should someone come into our home threatening our lives.
    All of this. And the thing about taxing ammo out the ass is that the real gun nuts are not going to give one fuck about a raise in price to their sacred bullet and not only that, it's going to piss them off to the point that there will only be new means of obtaining them 'cheaper'. Wild game hunters will have a stock pile of ammo at any given time. There's different guns for different seasons.

As a smoker of 15 years up until 6 months ago, I happily paid almost $7 a pack up from the time of the increase up until the time I quit. It was a change going from $3 a pack to $7, but I don't recall ever moaning about it, I just paid it. I didn't quit because of the cost, I quit when that fucked up gross smoking commercial started coming across the tv every fucking 15 minutes of the woman with hole in her throat.

Making bullets is getting more and more common. I have seen it a lot here.

Maybe it's just wal Mart but we werent allowed to sell nyquil to anyone under the age of 18, I shit you not.
    Well Walmart does all kinds of crazy shit Companies can make their own rules about anything, I s'pose. And those fuckers are so crazy, they'd probably card you for your cough medicine quicker than for your ammo. "You're gonna go shoot shit?! Awesome! But this cough syrup is pretty serious shit, so you have to be responsible with it, mkay?"

In all seriousness, people are much more vigilant about checking ID for ammo sales than for tobacco or alcohol purchases, in my experience. And I've bought a lot of all of them.

Maybe it's the conditioning in which we grow up with. When you were younger, guns werent on your mind, Im assuming. When I was younger, I can clearly remember my dads gun case that was decorative in nice wood and a glass cover. No locks at all. That wouldn be tolaerable now.
    And I think it's terrible that we have people in law enforcement who are shady fucks and those bad cops are what makes it worse on the other cops that are actually out there for the good of humanity.
    I can't blanket judge all police. I've ran into some asshole cops and also ran into some very kind ones. But, Im also white and live in an area where white people are the majority.
    haha absolutely. I have said here before, I wasn't even allowed to have a toy gun as a child. So while I was BEGGING my parents to let me have the Transformer Megatron (he goes from gun to robot) you people were shooting actual firearms. Yea, saying it's different conditioning is an understatement.

Megatron:

With extentions:

I mean, this was NYC when it was a lot more dangerous. We didn't add guns to the mix to make things better. We got major results, but it still needs to get better.

And I've said, my folks didn't go hunting or anything. They didn't want me running around with some fake shit like that and getting lit up by NYPD. (they eventually let me get it but I had to promise to never make it into a gun)

But you know what? People can also make their own bullets. My husband has dne it plenty of times.

See, this is something else that gun aficionados don't seem to realize. That kid from Brooklyn sticking the illegal gun in my face, he has no fucking idea how TO MAKE BULLETS! haha.

Not everyone is a craftsman. Most of these assholes get guns from some dick who buys them at gun shows and then sells them up here to make a profit. Well, when they're not stolen that is. So all these loopholes, do-it-yourself solutions, and "it doesn't matter they have guns anyway" stuff you guys say is a moot point that you don't seem to understand.

And when people can legally buy guns that can decimate a roomful of people within seconds, that's something else we like to address.

Well, the at home bullet making is something my FIL is pretty big on because for one, he's cheap. He even keeps our gun shells after shooting so he can turn them in for scrap.

And I do agree about the illegal gun sales and felons getting their hands on them, it's scary. There are literally a huge number of guns out there that are registered to someone else other than the person who has possession of it, guns that are passed down and are actually in a deceased persons name, the list goes on.

And I personally do see what you are saying about loopholes but like it's been stated before, we cant do much about those guns that are out there right now.

I was being sarcastic. I know cigs n guns aren't comparable. I said in an earlier post that I don't think drugs and guns are comparable.

My point is that it's strange to me that there are so many people who don't want to change anything about gun laws, because they think it won't change anything about gun violence.

I was being sarcastic. I know cigs n guns aren't comparable. I said in an earlier post that I don't think drugs and guns are comparable.

My point is that it's strange to me that there are so many people who don't want to change anything about gun laws, because they think it won't change anything about gun violence.
    Okay, so you did mean to be snarky, great. As far as what I have been seeing, more responsible gun people are wanting stricter guidelines. But then you get the NRA gun elitists who are all ZOMG THEY GUNNA TAKE OUR GUNZ.
    And it may or may not change gun violence, no one knows but we have to start somewhere.

I am being serious in all my posts. This isnt a topic tht should be taken lightly. It's a serious discussion and you said "Fine, keep you guns. We'll just make ammo disgustingly expensive so you'll think long and hard if that body is worth a bullet".
    It's like a you vs we war.
    No. It's the country as a whole that needs to say we need change.

Anywyas, I didnt appreciate the snark and maybe no one else sees it but I do. Like I have to justify my guns to you? No. I take responsibility for my rights to own guns. I don't take it lightly. i own killing machines and a lot of them. Im not all hardy har har over this topic.

Okay, so you did mean to be snarky, great. As far as what I have been seeing, more responsible gun people are wanting stricter guidelines. But then you get the NRA gun elitists who are all ZOMG THEY GUNNA TAKE OUR GUNZ.
    And it may or may not change gun violence, no one knows but we have to start somewhere.

I am being serious in all my posts. This isnt a topic tht should be taken lightly. It's a serious discussion and you said "Fine, keep you guns. We'll just make ammo disgustingly expensive so you'll think long and hard if that body is worth a bullet".
    It's like a you vs we war.
    No. It's the country as a whole that needs to say we need change.

Anywyas, I didnt appreciate the snark and maybe no one else sees it but I do. Like I have to justify my guns to you? No. I take responsibility for my rights to own guns. I don't take it lightly. i own killing machines and a lot of them. Im not all hardy har har over this topic.

Right.

I'm sorry you took my comment as a personal attack. There's a rifle in my house. I get it.

I didn't see the snark. I saw being playful. It's not like nobody else has said the same thing between the Sandy thread and here.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I didn't see the snark. I saw being playful. It's not like nobody else has said the same thing between the Sandy thread and here.
    Thank gawd someone unnerstanz meh.

Meh, it's a sensitive subject. I know I'm sick to death of being grouped with the "gun nuts," and the next person to call me that is gonna get shot in the face.

...see what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Meh, it's a sensitive subject. I know I'm sick to death of being grouped with the "gun nuts," and the next person to call me that is gonna get shot in the face.

...see what I did there?

Shot in the balls woulda been better, but that limits yer target practice.

I know it's a sensitive subject. I guess I get to a point on these dead horse conversations where shit just gets SO serious that I start getting sarcastic because the conversation is so exhausting. I don't think it's really healthy to let "serious" get too concentrated. That's when people start getting offended and pissed off from simple conversation. Gotta deflate it a little.

Shot in the balls woulda been better, but that limits yer target practice.

I know it's a sensitive subject. I guess I get to a point on these dead horse conversations where shit just gets SO serious that I start getting sarcastic because the conversation is so exhausting. I don't think it's really healthy to let "serious" get too concentrated. That's when people start getting offended and pissed off from simple conversation. Gotta deflate it a little.
    With a bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

I'm late to the party but our police aren't armed and manage to do their jobs just fine. Granted, most of the people they arrest also aren't armed so that probably makes it easier. Gun control FTW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    With a bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    I'm late to the party but our police aren't armed and manage to do their jobs just fine. Granted, most of the people they arrest also aren't armed so that probably makes it easier. Gun control FTW!!!!
    Do you feel ignored in these conversations? No gun owner really acknowledges you or TPT, do they?

Thread Information