Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Interesting article:
    http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/08/forme...s-not-schools/

Great comment:
    Responsible gun owners should take a step back and look at what's happening. I'm a member of the NRA, I hunt and I'm a competitive shooter.

On a regular basis, at different ranges, there'll be a bunch of 20-30yr old idiots showing off their latest toy in the parking lot over a beer. There's always a 40-50yr old "enthusiast" who is being adored for whatever idiotic crap he's told those kids and how he has 100 different versions of XYZ and how he can get them a "kit" to convert their new toys.

Seriously, it isn't screaming liberals that are at fault here. The fault lies with idiots who leave their guns all over the place, people that sell guns to crazy people, people with absolutely no comprehension of the power of a weapon, and criminals.

The voices of responsible gun owners is being leveraged by idiots, crazies, criminals and all those that make money from them.

Responsible gun owners need to get together and come up with a responsible approach to stopping the idiots and criminals from getting their hands on guns of any sort. AND they need to make it clear that they are NOT terrified of the secret underground black panther government, and they are not really certain that they need a 100round clip to defend their home from a prowler, and they are not really 100% sure that the kid in newton would have just come back with a baseball bat and killed those 20 kids.

Seriously people. Let's not get played.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

That sounds like liberal faggot gun hatin' talk to me. WHERE YOU GET YOUR NEWS THE ONION HERDERHER.

Aka the response from the people he's talking about.

That sounds like liberal faggot gun hatin' talk to me. WHERE YOU GET YOUR NEWS THE ONION HERDERHER.

Aka the response from the people he's talking about.
    Spot on. And they called that poster an undercover troll or Liberal or something like that, because you NEVER see people mix booze with guns.

So, I've got my rural NY friends freaking the fuck out and posting photos of their assault rifles and retarded quotes. Then there was this, from a female friend of mine who I always think of as being fairly conservative: "I don't think our founding fathers owned assault rifles." That's all she's said about the entire thing. I was like, yes. That one little sentence. Haha. And I'm a gun-lover, too. I wish I could have my own, but living in Queens makes that kind of impossible, even though I'm trained and using these mother fuckers every day out here on deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by nerysinci View Post
    So, I've got my rural NY friends freaking the fuck out and posting photos of their assault rifles and retarded quotes. Then there was this, from a female friend of mine who I always think of as being fairly conservative: "I don't think our founding fathers owned assault rifles." That's all she's said about the entire thing. I was like, yes. That one little sentence. Haha. And I'm a gun-lover, too. I wish I could have my own, but living in Queens makes that kind of impossible, even though I'm trained and using these mother fuckers every day out here on deployment.
    Welcome to NYC.

Come to Detroit, you can get one at any corner.

I keed I keed. Kinda.

Also, that's fucking seriously scary, dude. I'm surprised you know people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Also, that's fucking seriously scary, dude. I'm surprised you know people like that.
    Um, my last unit that I deployed with last year was filled with hunters and gun-enthusiasts from rural NY and Ohio. These are military folks. We're trained, we know the safety rules, we carry these weapons every day. It IS insulting to think we can't have one of our own. However, I can get over it, but they grew up with them and it's kind of different.

Um, my last unit that I deployed with last year was filled with hunters and gun-enthusiasts from rural NY and Ohio. These are military folks. We're trained, we know the safety rules, we carry these weapons every day. It IS insulting to think we can't have one of our own. However, I can get over it, but they grew up with them and it's kind of different.
    Huh? But why the fuck do you need one of your own? I mean, you get one when you're on duty (or whatever they call it) why the fuck do you need one when you go home?

They can be insulted. Unarmed and insulted.

And growing up with them, well that's their parent's bad. This is exactly why I say the rest of NY is the south. Yeesh.

Huh? But why the fuck do you need one of your own? I mean, you get one when you're on duty (or whatever they call it) why the fuck do you need one when you go home?

They can be insulted. Unarmed and insulted.

And growing up with them, well that's their parent's bad. This is exactly why I say the rest of NY is the south. Yeesh.

Because they're fun to shoot? I like shooting at the range. That's all. I don't like hunting, or anything like that, but I enjoy target shooting and course training.

Guns rock!

We need to get Ron to the range.

Because they're fun to shoot? I like shooting at the range. That's all. I don't like hunting, or anything like that, but I enjoy target shooting and course training.
    Not a good enough reason.

Shoot something smaller. Ugh. I don't fucking get that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PCP777 View Post
    Guns rock!

We need to get Ron to the range.
    No.

Husband and I are in serious disagreement about gun control right now. My FIL was so red faced and angry when I pointed out serious flaws in our system. I said to husband that one part of the bill that passed in NY was therapists having to report to the criminal justice about safety and that persons guns being taken.

While I pointed out to my husband this issue and how we have personally had to deal with my suicide attempts, I asked him 'dont you think the guns should go away if im in crisis again and decide to point a gun o my own head again?'.

husbands answer: "ill take the keys, you will NOT have access to the guns and no one is taking our guns, that's it'.

Im saying tne NRA pisses me off because they are so far out there like the gov't is after all of us gun owners. Fuck the NRA right now. The NRA is what is wrong with guns not being controllled correctly. The NRA is the umbrella for crazy fucking assholes who wanna wear their pistols into pizza hut for dinner.

I do not want to be associated with the whole 'FROM MY COLD DEAD HAND' shit. My life is more important to me than any gun that has ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Husband and I are in serious disagreement about gun control right now. My FIL was so red faced and angry when I pointed out serious flaws in our system. I said to husband that one part of the bill that passed in NY was therapists having to report to the criminal justice about safety and that persons guns being taken.

While I pointed out to my husband this issue and how we have personally had to deal with my suicide attempts, I asked him 'dont you think the guns should go away if im in crisis again and decide to point a gun o my own head again?'.

husbands answer: "ill take the keys, you will NOT have access to the guns and no one is taking our guns, that's it'.

Im saying tne NRA pisses me off because they are so far out there like the gov't is after all of us gun owners. Fuck the NRA right now. The NRA is what is wrong with guns not being controllled correctly. The NRA is the umbrella for crazy fucking assholes who wanna wear their pistols into pizza hut for dinner.

I do not want to be associated with the whole 'FROM MY COLD DEAD HAND' shit. My life is more important to me than any gun that has ever existed.
    I can't imagine. I don't think I've ever dated a girl with guns. Hell, I don't think I've ever met a girl with guns. WAIT! I did. She was from CT and was a CO. She seemed a bit off, so I avoided her. It's the one time in life I've said no. She could shoot me and go home. I passed on that.

But does that count? That's like a cop having one. Just a regular old Joe? The person works at the mill, or the mall, or an office. Yea, no guns for them.

This is seriously why there's such a disconnect. "Taking our guns away" isn't a fear to us. We don't have any.

I can't imagine. I don't think I've ever dated a girl with guns. Hell, I don't think I've ever met a girl with guns. WAIT! I did. She was from CT and was a CO. She seemed a bit off, so I avoided her. It's the one time in life I've said no. She could shoot me and go home. I passed on that.

But does that count? That's like a cop having one. Just a regular old Joe? The person works at the mill, or the mall, or an office. Yea, no guns for them.

This is seriously why there's such a disconnect. "Taking our guns away" isn't a fear to us. We don't have any.
    Im sure there are people that i know of that i wouldnt guess had a gun under their pillow but they may suprise me.

I've been around them for so long that im used to it and it's never been something that was taken lightly. Some people are super hard up about their gun rights. Im all for people having gun rights but I want SANE people to have gun rights and I want those SANE people to take responsibility for their 2nd ammendment right.

I dont even get why anyone is having an issue with gun laws, i can't grasp why wanting to be more proactive about something makes people so fearful.

I am a regular Joe, and I own guns. You know what I say to people who want to take MY guns away? Don't come to me if shit ever goes wrong. My guns will not protect you. The right to bear arms is basically for if someone were to invade us, we can start our own militia,, and I am cool with that. Making stricter gun laws will not keep guns out of people's hands. The bad guys will always have them, and by taking them away from the good guys, you make this a much more unsafe place.

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    We have stricter gun laws and no-one has guns, I am telling this to your face. E-face. It works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

Quote Originally Posted by tmars78 View Post
    I am a regular Joe, and I own guns. You know what I say to people who want to take MY guns away? Don't come to me if shit ever goes wrong. My guns will not protect you. The right to bear arms is basically for if someone were to invade us, we can start our own militia,, and I am cool with that. Making stricter gun laws will not keep guns out of people's hands. The bad guys will always have them, and by taking them away from the good guys, you make this a much more unsafe place.
    Regular? You're a thug and a pimp.

And why will "the bad guys always have them"? Have you guys seen what they did in Australia and England?

ETA: I see TPT said it too.

Quote Originally Posted by trailerparktrash View Post
    We have stricter gun laws and no-one has guns, I am telling this to your face. E-face. It works.
    And it has probably been that way forever. We've always been allowed to have guns, and now taking them away, would just make the really bad guys work a little harder at getting them. You are not going to get them all of the streets, that is impossible, especially with everyone having them now. I am for stricter laws, but I am not for taking them away.

Regular? You're a thug and a pimp.

And why will "the bad guys always have them"? Have you guys seen what they did in Australia and England?

ETA: I see TPT said it too.
    Because they are not going to give them up now, are they? They already have them, and since they do, they're not turning them over. So now the good people would give up theirs, and the bad guys won't. Now the bad guys know we have no protection, which would make things worse. That's where the issue lies. If we didn't ever have them, it changes everything.

ETA: The crazy, far out people will find other ways to do shit anyhow. Last time I checked, no one wanted to ban U-Haul trucks and fertilizer. That is pretty much what Timothy McVeigh used, and he killed way more people. I think regulating who should have guns, and who shouldn't, is fine, but taking them completely away is not. I am all for stricter gun laws if it makes the country safer.
    Last edited by tmars78; 01-15-2013 at 07:25 PM.

And it has probably been that way forever. We've always been allowed to have guns, and now taking them away, would just make the really bad guys work a little harder at getting them. You are not going to get them all of the streets, that is impossible, especially with everyone having them now. I am for stricter laws, but I am not for taking them away.
    Not true. http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-...n-control-laws

They had a major incident, and it brought major change. And in recent history (1997 I believe).
    But people have to want change, and not all Americans are up for it yet.

Mass shooting are something we're not ready to part with.

Not true. http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-...n-control-laws

They had a major incident, and it brought major change. And in recent history (1997 I believe).
    But people have to want change, and not all Americans are up for it yet.

Mass shooting are something we're not ready to part with.

See, that's the thing, if someone wants to shoot up a school, no matter what the gun laws are, they will do it. If they don't shoot the shit up, they will find a different way to do it. The guns don't decide who dies and who doesn't. It is the individual with the guns that do. If I wanted to learn how to make bombs to blow up a school, a quick Google search will tell me all I need to know. Want to ban the internet too?

See, that's the thing, if someone wants to shoot up a school, no matter what the gun laws are, they will do it. If they don't shoot the shit up, they will find a different way to do it. The guns don't decide who dies and who doesn't. It is the individual with the guns that do. If I wanted to learn how to make bombs to blow up a school, a quick Google search will tell me all I need to know. Want to ban the internet too?

"It can't be done. The laws change nothing."

"Australia did it."

"Well people will still find a way. Build a bomb. Make their own gun. Why bother with laws!"

All discussions go the exact same way. :sigh:

Hey, some of you feel comfortable armed. Occasional mass shootings are the price we all have to pay for this. It's just the way it is.

Thread Information